Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #991
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Laura and Pavewife and indeed.

Glad to read you have both already got a couple of DDs under your belts and are doing nicely.

Just as LCG said no need to adjust you calorie numbers for a while.

Enjoy your new found food freedom.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Laura!Pavewife! Glad you are here!
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #993
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellecee View Post
Hello all! I'm Laura, and I'm really excited to be here! I'm a wife, homeschooling mother of 3 and a photographer.

I'm new to JUDDD, but I'm no stranger to weight loss. I've gained and lost a ton of weight in the past 10 years, some due to 3 pregnancies, some not.

I have always been bigger and I truly am big boned. But, in my early twenties, due to many factors hormonal and situational, my weight was a whopping 220 pounds. I joined weight watchers when I had finally had enough and quickly dropped 60 pounds before getting pregnant with my first son. I gained all of that weight back during my pregnancy. Easily dropped it, though, by breastfeeding and doing weight watchers. I was 145 by his first year. After weaning, the weight trickled back on and I was 160 by the time I became pregnant with my daughter 2 1/2 years later. Again, my weight jumped up over 220 pounds. (I gain a lot and have big old babies - 10 pounders!). Breastfed this one too, but skipped weight watchers. Weight dropped rapidly to 180. I got pregnant again unexpectedly. This time my weight went to 250- gasp! Breastfed again, but the weight didn't come off as well as I would have liked. I stalled at 210. I suppose if I gained an acceptable amount of weight, 40 pounds would be great. I have tried calorie counting... I find that to be extremely difficult with little people in the house. I have tried Atkins and saw a couple of pounds drop. That stalled and I got sick of the food.

My mother told me about the 5:2 diet and I started researching. I had heard about calorie cycling for plateaus, but never thought to do it for the duration of the weight loss.

I'm really excited to be here, doing this. I have read a lot of the threads here and so many of you have had amazing losses! I am currently doing my third DD and am finding it so easy! I can't imagine ever stopping, I can eat what I normally eat! ...Every other day, but still! This is truly the first time I have looked at a woe as a life change, instead of a diet!
Me too. Juddd is special
Old 03-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #994
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I love clothes with that sleeve length, always flattering. And I love polka dots. My Mother wore them a lot, she died when I was 18, so I love anything that brings her to mind.
thank you Cindy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy cat View Post
Just wanted to jump in here and say "Hi" I started lurking on this JUDDD board a few months ago and I just want to say that everyone is so welcoming and helpful!

So, for the past month I've been doing a trial run of JUDDD and am finding that I keep liking it better and better! I'm trying to do it LC to keep the cravings at bay and because my son said for him, it is easier to do DD's when he's doing LC UDs.

Anyway, I have a question for you experienced JUDDDers: In the book, I seem to remember reading that it wasn't as important to hit your UD cals, but on this forum it seems that several are saying it's very critical to eat to your UD cals to achieve maximum weight loss.

Because I save a bunch of cals for evenings (to give myself leeway), I frequently find that I'm tracking 1500 - 1600 on my UD's and it seems weird to eat just for the sake of eating before bedtime to get in those extra 200-300 calories.

I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts/experience with this.

Thanks for listening!
and try to eat those UD calories. If you don't eat your UD calories than you really aren'y juddding, just restricted calorie dieting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexinme View Post
Jumping in here...starting today. Leaving a failed attempt at Atkins Induction. I lasted 4 days, but I just don't enjoy the LC WOE. I'm not a meat and cheese kind of girl...unfortunately. SO, I ran across this thread, did some research and am deciding to join in. This seems like something that is totally doable. Having to diet in one day stretches seems manageable rather than restricting myself for long periods of time. I'm so happy to be here! Hoping for great success!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellecee View Post
Hello all! I'm Laura, and I'm really excited to be here! I'm a wife, homeschooling mother of 3 and a photographer.

I'm really excited to be here, doing this. I have read a lot of the threads here and so many of you have had amazing losses! I am currently doing my third DD and am finding it so easy! I can't imagine ever stopping, I can eat what I normally eat! ...Every other day, but still! This is truly the first time I have looked at a woe as a life change, instead of a diet!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Hello on St. Patrick's Day

I came to this forum from another one on primal living, which I have been doing for about a year. I've done fasting for health reasons(cell renewal) before, and recently after some extreme stress and midriff pains, I decided a fast to 'rest my system' would be good, but didn't want to go for 3-4 days. So I decided to fast every other day. Looking around to see if anyone else on my forum had done this, I found JUDDD, and became very interested in the SIRT1 information. A forum friend directed me to lowcarbfriends, and here I am!

I'm female, 48 years old, married, with three children(20, 17, 14). I've been overweight since college. Thought I was overweight since junior high! If only I had been able to appreciate that all I had was curves, I might have not got on the roller-coaster of low-fat eating that just made me gain and gain.

Discovered low-carb several years ago. When I stayed on it, it worked well for me. Lost the weight almost effortlessly. Emotional reasons for eating have sabotaged me, though. Dropping grains when I discovered primal was a big help. I am slowly getting better at eating for the RIGHT reasons. Also, it eliminated my hay fever, which I thought was going to be a lifelong affliction.

I started my JUDDD journey with full fasting, but my doctor wants me to eat everyday(related to those midriff pains-don't really want to get into it, though), so I have switched to having a 20% day. Finding that harder than just fasting, but I'm giving it a go.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

sirtain! I look forward to seeing how juddd works for you!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #997
Big Yapper!!!!

Sirtain! I think you will love JUDDD!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #998

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Sirtain! So glad to have you join us!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #999
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
OK tomorrow is my first DD. I'm actually excited to be doing this. Do you keep the same days like Mon, Wed, and Friday always being DD? Or just rotate? Also did I read somewhere you need a day that is just so so in between? I'm reading the book but haven't finished it yet. I have shakes and broth ready for tomorrow. I may need some encouragement along the way. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:55 AM   #1000
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pavewife
I am totally amazed at how easy this WOE is for me. I cannot believe I am down 5.8 pounds in less than a week without feeling deprived! I've been able to meet my friends out on UD's and still eat and have a drink without blowing my calorie count. On DD's I stick to my coffee, tea and a low cal dinner like sautéed cabbage. I take fiber chewables every day and on DD they help curb my mid-day food cravings. I know that my weight loss will slow down, but I am still amazed to see my numbers on the scale.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #1001
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I've got my plan for my DD today, and am going to be browsing the threads for tips for the future. My Honey told me this morning that he wants to give this a try, too! I'm excited about that. He eats a lot of carbs, so I am hoping he can get through those first few fasting days without feeling discouraged. (He would rather fast than eat a smaller amount.)
Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #1002

Welcome Sirtain, love that clever name! Hope you and you SO have fun losing weight and improving your health.

Go Corvette! You don't have to stick to shakes, most us have used real food in preference.

Do glad you are enjoying this Pavewife.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #1003
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Laura, Pavewife, & Sirtain!! Glad to have you here!!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #1004
Senior LCF Member

I had thought about chicken broth and zoodles. I thought that recipe sounded good and There are 36 calories in two cups of sliced zucchini. Going to try to zoodle it with the julieene peeler. This may be the most interesting day around here. I do like the Atkins chocolate shakes I warm mine in the microwave and drink it like hot chocolate. So far today all I have is water and I have a cup of hot tea ready to drink. Wish me luck!
Old 03-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #1005
Senior LCF Member

A quick question. How on earth would you figure calories on bone broth? I know if you add celery, onion, and carrot that would figure into it but the broth itself not sure. Regular broth I have here from store is 10 calories per cup. Any ideas?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #1006

Pass on that. Nancy may know...
Old 03-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
OK tomorrow is my first DD. I'm actually excited to be doing this. Do you keep the same days like Mon, Wed, and Friday always being DD? Or just rotate? Also did I read somewhere you need a day that is just so so in between? I'm reading the book but haven't finished it yet. I have shakes and broth ready for tomorrow. I may need some encouragement along the way. Thanks!
Quote:
A quick question. How on earth would you figure calories on bone broth? I know if you add celery, onion, and carrot that would figure into it but the broth itself not sure. Regular broth I have here from store is 10 calories per cup. Any ideas?
Good luck today on DD #1! You'll do great, I'm sure. It may be challenging, but just remember how worth it it will be in the long run. If you want to keep the same days of the week up and down, you'll need a MD in there to make the weeks come out like that. I prefer to just go with a straight rotation, but that's me. As for bone broth, I've heard 40 calories for a cup several different places, so that's what I go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavewife View Post
I am totally amazed at how easy this WOE is for me. I cannot believe I am down 5.8 pounds in less than a week without feeling deprived! I've been able to meet my friends out on UD's and still eat and have a drink without blowing my calorie count. On DD's I stick to my coffee, tea and a low cal dinner like sautéed cabbage. I take fiber chewables every day and on DD they help curb my mid-day food cravings. I know that my weight loss will slow down, but I am still amazed to see my numbers on the scale.
It's so great to hear it's going well for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Thanks for the welcome, ladies. I've got my plan for my DD today, and am going to be browsing the threads for tips for the future. My Honey told me this morning that he wants to give this a try, too! I'm excited about that. He eats a lot of carbs, so I am hoping he can get through those first few fasting days without feeling discouraged. (He would rather fast than eat a smaller amount.)
Yes, reading the threads is really a great tool for motivation and also for ideas. I think for a lot of guys it would be easier just to fast. I hope he can get through the first few and then assure him it'll get much easier! Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #1008
Senior LCF Member

Yuck don't try the zucchini in broth it was so bad I couldn't get it down. I'm going for the shake instead.. I think zucchini in bacon grease would be a go for sure.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #1009
Senior LCF Member

broth 10 calories
shake 160 calories
That is my day so far.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Quote:
broth 10 calories
shake 160 calories
That is my day so far.
hey girl, join us on the down day thread and then tomorrow on the up day thread...its a great source of buds all on the same day..sooo glad to see u here gf...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #1011

I asked Nancy and this is what she said.

Quote:
I defat my BB and figure it at 40 calories a measured cup. And have not gotten any unpleasant surprises using that guesstimate. Beverly reported recently that she read BB made with chicken/turkey is about 70 calories/cup, and made with red meat is about 40.
Can I remind you all about the March Newbie thread, that is the place for chatting and questions.

March Newbies Chat Here

Last edited by Kissa; 03-18-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #1012
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yokochick
Stats: 5'3" Start: 190/Current: 155/ Goal:110
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start: 3/16/2013 Restart Date: 5/5/2013
Hiya there! My name's Amara and I started JUDDD on Saturday. I don't have too many titles besides cosmetology student and climbing the corporate ladder and things. I'm all of two decades old so that's probably the reason for that

My weight loss has been pretty stop and go the past couple years or so. I stalled at around 155 around early December and attempted a low carb/Atkins/Paleo diet of about 1200-1300, but I hated having to keep my calories so low so often. I've lost 5 lbs so far and learned a lot about my new eating habits, what makes my tummy happy but I'd rather not be miserable the entire time I'm losing weight

On my Up days I'll be eating 1810 and on my Down days 360 because that's what the website told me to do (:P) . I'll also be monitoring my sugar intake because sugar is delicious and delicious things do things to my waistline that I don't like I'm super excited to see what happens and bother you guys when the scale does silly things!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #1013

Yokochick, I was once a cosmetology student in the dim and distant past.

Enjoy JUDDDing.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #1014
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokochick View Post
Hiya there! My name's Amara and I started JUDDD on Saturday. I don't have too many titles besides cosmetology student and climbing the corporate ladder and things. I'm all of two decades old so that's probably the reason for that

My weight loss has been pretty stop and go the past couple years or so. I stalled at around 155 around early December and attempted a low carb/Atkins/Paleo diet of about 1200-1300, but I hated having to keep my calories so low so often. I've lost 5 lbs so far and learned a lot about my new eating habits, what makes my tummy happy but I'd rather not be miserable the entire time I'm losing weight

On my Up days I'll be eating 1810 and on my Down days 360 because that's what the website told me to do (:P) . I'll also be monitoring my sugar intake because sugar is delicious and delicious things do things to my waistline that I don't like I'm super excited to see what happens and bother you guys when the scale does silly things!
Welcome to you both! I'm sure you will love the support and encouragement around here!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #1015

Amara! What a pretty name. I have the feeling you'll really love eating this way!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Sirtain, Pavewife, and corvettebuff! Lots of support here. I love JUDDD and hope you do too!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #1017

Hi Amara, welcome to one of the happiest places on the net, and one full of succes stories.

Enjoy!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #1018
Major LCF Poster!

Amara!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #1019
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Yokochick
Stats: 5'3" Start: 190/Current: 155/ Goal:110
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start: 3/16/2013 Restart Date: 5/5/2013
Well jolly, the positivity you guys dish out is dang near intoxicating here HI EVERYONE!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #1020

Anything to oblige.
Closed Thread