Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #961
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesforjules View Post
Hi, Im new to this site... started low carbs again but less restricted in the beginning weeks . Im still having low or no carb flax/almond breads in my first few weeks. I hope this isnt a mistake....?
! JUDDD isn't actually a low carb plan, but some people combine low carb with JUDDD. Other threads on LCF are exclusively low carb, but I hope you join JUDDD and read some of the stickies at the top of the board.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #962
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
I have a quick question right now I am doing meat and eggs. Since I am so sick of eggs and also have a friend that started Judd I am thinking about doing this. I haven't read the thread yet. I do have the book I am starting on. OK back to the question. On up days do you LC/HF or just eat what you would of eaten before the LC days? Does one way work better than the other.Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
It is not necessary to eat LC on this plan, however, many choose to because they like the way LC makes them feel. Others feel less deprived by not limiting their food choices in this manner. I believe either way is equally effective. The key is staying within your calories (keeping low on DD and making sure you are eating mostly all of your UD cals).

Come join us! It is a fantastic WOE!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvettebuff View Post
I have a quick question right now I am doing meat and eggs. Since I am so sick of eggs and also have a friend that started Judd I am thinking about doing this. I haven't read the thread yet. I do have the book I am starting on. OK back to the question. On up days do you LC/HF or just eat what you would of eaten before the LC days? Does one way work better than the other.Thanks!
hey gf, i hope u join us....

i know everyone is different...but on my up days i eat whatever I want, but try and limit junk.....but like yesterday we were busy and ate out all 3 meals...as in sandwich with chips, chicken sandwich and onion rings etc...i just try and watch sugars as they make me crave....BUT i cant wait for my UD tomorrow as some choc peanut clusters are staring me in the face....some days i watch my carbs, mostly i dont

the veterans are great at helping and have taught me sooooo much
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Old 03-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #965
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I stayed LC for a couple of weeks. Then slowly started adding in the carbs and was thrilled to find that they didn't give me problems. I was LC for over 10 years and thought I could never eat them again. But I can without cravings or mood swings or tiredness .

In fact I have never felt better. And I love being able to enjoy all the foods on the planet again. And not having to ask for something special at a restaurant or party. I just love the freedom I get now.

But lots of people do stay LC, and lose well. Come on in, the water's lovely.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #966
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Corvettebuff
Stats: 175/1160/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
hey gf, i hope u join us....

i know everyone is different...but on my up days i eat whatever I want, but try and limit junk.....but like yesterday we were busy and ate out all 3 meals...as in sandwich with chips, chicken sandwich and onion rings etc...i just try and watch sugars as they make me crave....BUT i cant wait for my UD tomorrow as some choc peanut clusters are staring me in the face....some days i watch my carbs, mostly i dont

the veterans are great at helping and have taught me sooooo much
I thought I might find you here gf. I am so escited to start this. On your down days you don't watch carbs either? The only thing that worries me is the carbs. Because the one day I hadn't eaten anything but two pieces of pizza I gained 2lbs. I was reading on a non gluten page that sometimes that means you are gluten intolerate. So see why I am scared to add carbs back in but boy do I miss them. I guess I will do trial and error I just want this off so bad...is that anything new..no! OK I'm going to keep reading the book and I think come Monday I will start I want to read the book and research and get my head on straight then I will start it. I love your first week results. Mine won't be near that much due to age and very low activity.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #967
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesforjules View Post
Hi, Im new to this site... started low carbs again but less restricted in the beginning weeks . Im still having low or no carb flax/almond breads in my first few weeks. I hope this isnt a mistake....?
! If you join us in doing JUDDD, you can eat whatever foods you like! You can stay LC if you want, but you certainly don't have to. Read up on the other JUDDD threads and get to know our plan. We'd love to have you with us!

Quote:
! If you want to add carbs back, just know you'll likely bounce UP a few pounds at first, and then once your body adjusts to them, you'll very likely start losing from there. If you're sick of LC, by all means, do it! If you like LC and feel better eating that way, it still works doing JUDDD! I love my LC DDs!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #968
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
JUDDD only cares about the calories so you choose what you do or don't eat, just count the calories. I love the freedom I have found with juddd. I never have to have meat with a side order of meat again and get to weigh less than 125!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 AM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
Start Date: March 2013
Energygal, Julesforjules and Corvettebuff!Glad to have you here!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #970

Love having more JUDDD BUDDDs, welcome one and all!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/223/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 1/2014
Quote:
I thought I might find you here gf. I am so escited to start this. On your down days you don't watch carbs either? The only thing that worries me is the carbs. Because the one day I hadn't eaten anything but two pieces of pizza I gained 2lbs. I was reading on a non gluten page that sometimes that means you are gluten intolerate. So see why I am scared to add carbs back in but boy do I miss them. I guess I will do trial and error I just want this off so bad...is that anything new..no! OK I'm going to keep reading the book and I think come Monday I will start I want to read the book and research and get my head on straight then I will start it. I love your first week results. Mine won't be near that much due to age and very low activity.
Sis that is the EXACT reason I began this woe...I wanted my body to be able to tolerate carbs in my life and still lose and maintain..I mean I watch them as much as i dont over indulge in sugary stuff etc BUT I know I will be ok with 1 or 2 or some fruit etc...That is why I decided to not do lc this go around, when I lost on lc, the minute i began eating carbs, even healthy ones I gained as my body was so used to less than 10 a day for so long...You will see this is so freeing and so lifetime doable....I it so far....I wish you much success and am here to cheer you on..
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #972
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Carly, love the new profile pic. Looking gorgeous!

all new JUDDD buds. I've found this site to be such a big help to this new WOE/WOL
Old 03-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #973
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLi914 View Post
Carly, love the new profile pic. Looking gorgeous!

all new JUDDD buds. I've found this site to be such a big help to this new WOE/WOL
Thank you! I wasn't sure about it- felt
But my lovely JBs encouraged me to put it back after I took it away.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #974

I love clothes with that sleeve length, always flattering. And I love polka dots. My Mother wore them a lot, she died when I was 18, so I love anything that brings her to mind.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #975
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krazy cat
Stats: 280/working on it/145
WOE: Atkins '72-ish
Start Date: 2/22/12-Atkins; 2/13/13-LC/JUDDD; Jun '14-Atkins72
Just wanted to jump in here and say "Hi" I started lurking on this JUDDD board a few months ago and I just want to say that everyone is so welcoming and helpful!

So here's my deal:
I've been doing Atkins for a little over a year now and have lost nicely, but found that my losses started to slow down after the holidays. My 17 year old son, who was also doing Atkins with me, switched over to JUDDD a few months ago as he found it gave him more flexibility to eat "regular food" with his friends on weekends and still lose. When he actually sticks with JUDDD (it's not easy for a teen) he does well, so I decided to jump in myself.

So, for the past month I've been doing a trial run of JUDDD and am finding that I keep liking it better and better! I'm trying to do it LC to keep the cravings at bay and because my son said for him, it is easier to do DD's when he's doing LC UDs.

My numbers are 1806/361, which seems so low to me, but I started with 600 on my DD's and have worked my way down to 360-400. I've lost about 7 lbs in 4 weeks since starting JUDDD which I'm pretty happy about.

Anyway, I have a question for you experienced JUDDDers: In the book, I seem to remember reading that it wasn't as important to hit your UD cals, but on this forum it seems that several are saying it's very critical to eat to your UD cals to achieve maximum weight loss.

Because I save a bunch of cals for evenings (to give myself leeway), I frequently find that I'm tracking 1500 - 1600 on my UD's and it seems weird to eat just for the sake of eating before bedtime to get in those extra 200-300 calories.

I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts/experience with this.

Thanks for listening!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #976

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Krazy!

Each of us is different, but many have found that we stall if we're not eating up to our UD calories. There's also the theory that we want to keep our metabolisms burning as hot as possible, and if we reduce too much on the UD, that's just not going to happen. Some have done just fine with a slightly lower UD regularly, but I'm one who found I just didn't lose as well if I restricted too far below my UD limits. Now DDs, it's great if you can stay below your target.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #977
Big Yapper!!!!

Krazy!

Exactly what Dawn said. I've found I lose better with higher UDs, and I do hope to keep my metabolism stoked so hopefully as I get smaller, I won't have a teeny tiny number to work with on UDs.

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #978

Also krazy cat, if you eat those UDs calories you are better nourished for you DD. Makes it easier for lots of us.

Lovely to have you with us and well done on your 7 pound loss. Well done to your sone for doing his best with it too.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #979
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alexinme
Stats: 181.4/181.4/115
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Jumping in here...starting today. Leaving a failed attempt at Atkins Induction. I lasted 4 days, but I just don't enjoy the LC WOE. I'm not a meat and cheese kind of girl...unfortunately. SO, I ran across this thread, did some research and am deciding to join in. This seems like something that is totally doable. Having to diet in one day stretches seems manageable rather than restricting myself for long periods of time. I'm so happy to be here! Hoping for great success!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #980
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krazy cat
Stats: 280/working on it/145
WOE: Atkins '72-ish
Start Date: 2/22/12-Atkins; 2/13/13-LC/JUDDD; Jun '14-Atkins72
Thanks so much for your lovely "welcomes" and your helpful replies!

OK...so starting with tomorrow's UD, I'm going to make sure I eat my full 1800 cals. I need all the help I can get in the "slow metabolism" area and unfortunately my kids all take after me in this aspect, too. Hopefully, this will work and I'll keep on steadily losing.

This will actually be fun--now I can have a dessert EOD and not feel guilty---who'da thunk it!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #981
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Farm Gal
WOE: Fast-5
I'll say here too!! This is the only WOE for weight loss that has worked for me! This is a great group. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. Everyone here is willing to help! Wishing you the best!!

Welcome krazy cat!

Last edited by Farm Gal; 03-15-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #982
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexinme View Post
Jumping in here...starting today. Leaving a failed attempt at Atkins Induction. I lasted 4 days, but I just don't enjoy the LC WOE. I'm not a meat and cheese kind of girl...unfortunately. SO, I ran across this thread, did some research and am deciding to join in. This seems like something that is totally doable. Having to diet in one day stretches seems manageable rather than restricting myself for long periods of time. I'm so happy to be here! Hoping for great success!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy cat View Post
Thanks so much for your lovely "welcomes" and your helpful replies!

OK...so starting with tomorrow's UD, I'm going to make sure I eat my full 1800 cals. I need all the help I can get in the "slow metabolism" area and unfortunately my kids all take after me in this aspect, too. Hopefully, this will work and I'll keep on steadily losing.

This will actually be fun--now I can have a dessert EOD and not feel guilty---who'da thunk it!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #983
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexinme View Post
! I know you'll find JUDDD has the flexibility you need to eat a variety of foods. Please join us in the March newbies thread, or any of the other threads and get to know all the wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #984

I am delighted to see you here alexinme. This will astonish you I think. Have fun.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #985
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alexinme
Stats: 181.4/181.4/115
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Thank you all for your warm welcome and Welcome to you Krazy Kat! I hope to be around here often for support and tips.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #986
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ellecee
Stats: 210/201/145 ~ 5'7" ~ Large Frame ~ 34 y.o.
WOE: Low Carb / JUDDD
Hello all! I'm Laura, and I'm really excited to be here! I'm a wife, homeschooling mother of 3 and a photographer.

I'm new to JUDDD, but I'm no stranger to weight loss. I've gained and lost a ton of weight in the past 10 years, some due to 3 pregnancies, some not.

I have always been bigger and I truly am big boned. But, in my early twenties, due to many factors hormonal and situational, my weight was a whopping 220 pounds. I joined weight watchers when I had finally had enough and quickly dropped 60 pounds before getting pregnant with my first son. I gained all of that weight back during my pregnancy. Easily dropped it, though, by breastfeeding and doing weight watchers. I was 145 by his first year. After weaning, the weight trickled back on and I was 160 by the time I became pregnant with my daughter 2 1/2 years later. Again, my weight jumped up over 220 pounds. (I gain a lot and have big old babies - 10 pounders!). Breastfed this one too, but skipped weight watchers. Weight dropped rapidly to 180. I got pregnant again unexpectedly. This time my weight went to 250- gasp! Breastfed again, but the weight didn't come off as well as I would have liked. I stalled at 210. I suppose if I gained an acceptable amount of weight, 40 pounds would be great. I have tried calorie counting... I find that to be extremely difficult with little people in the house. I have tried Atkins and saw a couple of pounds drop. That stalled and I got sick of the food.

My mother told me about the 5:2 diet and I started researching. I had heard about calorie cycling for plateaus, but never thought to do it for the duration of the weight loss.

I'm really excited to be here, doing this. I have read a lot of the threads here and so many of you have had amazing losses! I am currently doing my third DD and am finding it so easy! I can't imagine ever stopping, I can eat what I normally eat! ...Every other day, but still! This is truly the first time I have looked at a woe as a life change, instead of a diet!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Krazy Kat, alexinme and Laura! I think you'll enjoy JUDDD very much! Isn't it wonderful that you only have to diet one day? The very next day you're eating normally. Gotta love it! I'm a relative newbie as well, but am finding this WOE to really work really well for me. The weight loss is of course, fantastic to have happening again, but the NSV's (non-scale victories) and health benefits are reason enough for me to consider this a permanent way of life. And the JUDDD BUDDDs....wow....they are the absolute BEST!

Kimmie
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #988
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Laura~We sound very similar. I had 3 babies in under 5 years. I also have big babies and breastfeeding does nothing for me and weight loss! I am still breastfeeding my 13 month old and I have just been spinning my wheels since his birth, losing 20 only to gain it right back. I am hoping JUDDD is the answer for me too!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #989
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Pavewife
My daughter and I both started doing JUDDD on Tuesday this week. The first DD was a little hard just getting used to not eating, but I am one who can go late in the day before even thinking of food. My husband just doesn't understand how I can forget to eat! I have RA and have been hypothyroid since I was 8, so my weight has always been an issue. I heard about the 5:2 diet, and while surfing the web came across the forum and the JUDDD WOE. I like the fact that I don't have to give up anything or not be able to eat with family at get together a etc. I have already lost 4.8 pounds in the past 4 days and am thrilled. Neither my daughter or I have had any problems with the DD other than the first day, but today I have been stuffing myself this evening making sure I get in all my calories for my up day. I do have a question though since I don't have Dr Johnson's book. Do you recalculate your UD and DD calories after a certain length of time or weight loss? My husband is deployed for 7 more weeks, and I would be thrilled to be down in the 170's before he gets home.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #990
Big Yapper!!!!

Laura! Glad to have you here. Your body has been through a lot with the pregnancies and gains and losses. I have the feeling JUDDD could really be just what you're looking for. Good luck!

Pavewife! And to your DD too. We've got several hypothyroid JUDDDers here and they do very well. Congratulations on your losses so far! As for recalculating your calories, the wise ones here say don't mess with it until you hit a true stall or your losses get really really slow. Then re-evaluate. You really shouldn't have to do it all that often, like every 20-30 pounds, but everyone's a little different. Good luck!
Closed Thread