Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Are you doing this for weight loss or just for health benefits? If you are just doing it for health you can to 3 or possibly just 2 DDs, for weight loss I would recommend strict eod rotations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
No, I'm trying to shed these last 25 to 30 lbs. Got back from the store and found several soups, Lean Q meals, and did end up buying some adkins vanilla shakes. Hope they aren't terrible. I also have some oatmeal, veggies, and sliced deli meats, and lowfat greek yogurt. I will have my first DD Monday.

My Sat, and Sun will both be UD so hope that's ok?
I would not recommend this from personal experience. That is the only change I have made from WLM to maintenance and I'm not losing at all with M, W, F DDs and UDs T, TH, S and S. Most of those DDs are under 400 calories, but never ever over 500. If you really want weight loss I would highly recommend strict rotations. Some people can lose with a MD, which is 60% on the JUDDD calculator 1x per week to keep fixed rotations, but I had a terrible time of it with the 4 MDs that I did. Others may chime in on this.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
BTW JM, some things that help me on DDs is chicken broth, hot tea, and getting some fat to help control the appetite. Also, when I use deli meats as a meal, I like to have some good pickles to go along with. Cabbage, and squash also can be very filling.
Welcome!

ETA, try to save some calories for just before bed, I had a really hard time sleeping for the first week or two due to a completely empty stomach.
Thank you. I keep a few cans of broth just for cooking purposes, but will keep that in mind. I can imagine going to bed with a growling stomach doesn't feel so good.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I would not recommend this from personal experience. That is the only change I have made from WLM to maintenance and I'm not losing at all with M, W, F DDs and UDs T, TH, S and S. Most of those DDs are under 400 calories, but never ever over 500. If you really want weight loss I would highly recommend strict rotations. Some people can lose with a MD, which is 60% on the JUDDD calculator 1x per week to keep fixed rotations, but I had a terrible time of it with the 4 MDs that I did. Others may chime in on this.
Oh, so you're saying don't have a weekly fixed schedule of up and down days? Just let them fall in sequence? Ok I think I see what you'er saying. Because you're having 2 ups in a row it could sabotage weightloss.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #754
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Iheart
Stats: 190
WOE: Atkins/JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 14 2013
Hi day 4 of JUDDD/LC

Hi, im on my second DD. Im liking this eating style very much. cant wait to when I reach my goal because I am addicted to grapefruits. thanks for this thread I think it will help me tons.
So far I am down 4.5 lbs When I begin to plateau im going to start weighing myself weekly instead of daily so I don't get discouraged. Every Tuesday is movie day for me at the theatre. Does anyone have any suggestions for DD snacks I could take with me?
Iheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #755
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Oh, so you're saying don't have a weekly fixed schedule of up and down days? Just let them fall in sequence? Ok I think I see what you'er saying. Because you're having 2 ups in a row it could sabotage weightloss.
HI
I am new myself to JUDDDD But everyones body is different and will react differently.
The Johnsons Alternate Day Diet book.Say's tha 2 UD in a row is perfectly ok and that the in between day is ok also to have a set schedule.The gang here call it a mid day.The book calls it an in between day because you eat in between your DD & UD calories.

I am doing Mondays as a Mid day. Because my life stlye has to have it that way in order fror me to even be able to stick with it.
Just go with alternate days as much as possible.It works and what might work for one won't work for another, so you will just have to find what does work for you!
I wish the best. And

P.S. If you click on reply of each post you to respond to then on one quote, they all come up at the same time so you can answer all of them at once.Saves time

With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.
Roberta

Started Low Carb April10th 2014

Last edited by Berta48; 02-17-2013 at 01:53 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
HI
I am new myself to JUDDDD But everyones body is different and will react differently.
The Johnsons Alternate Day Diet book.Say's tha 2 UD in a row is perfectly ok and that the in between day is ok also to have a set schedule.The gang here call it a mid day.The book calls it an in between day because you eat in between your DD & UD calories.

I am doing Mondays as a Mid day. Because my life stlye has to have it that way in order fror me to even be able to stick with it.
Just go with alternate days as much as possible.It works and what might work for one won't work for another, so you will just have to find what does work for you!
I wish the best. And

P.S. If you click on reply of each post you to respond to then on one quote, they all come up at the same time so you can answer all of them at once.Saves time
Oh ok. Yeah, I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out. lol On the mid day thing are you saying basically have one day that is between up and down days and then have 3 up days and 3 down days (alternating of course)?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #757
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
A MD (mid day) or in-between day is 60% of your UD calories. Some people do these every week, and some say it hinders their results. You just have to experiment. As for two UD's, I know of some who say that they always do UDs on the weekends, and three DD's during the week and lose fine. I do it occasionally but it does slow weight loss for me.

ETA: One thing I have heard is to not do a MD before a DD. The DD will be too difficult if your calories the day before were lower than a UD. HTH!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-17-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
A MD (mid day) or in-between day is 60% of your UD calories. Some people do these every week, and some say it hinders their results. You just have to experiment. As for two UD's, I know of some who say that they always do UDs on the weekends, and three DD's during the week and lose fine. I do it occasionally but it does slow weight loss for me.

ETA: One thing I have heard is to not do a MD before a DD. The DD will be too difficult if your calories the day before were lower than a UD. HTH!
Well, my DD starts tomorrow so hopefully it won't be too terrible. Just knowing the next day I can "for the most part" eat what I want I think will help me make it through.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #759
Berta48

Quote:
Well, my DD starts tomorrow so hopefully it won't be too terrible. Just knowing the next day I can "for the most part" eat what I want I think will help me make it through.
I make cucumbers in red wine vinegar and sweetner and a tad of olvie oil and a tad of chopped onions let that marinate in fridge and eat that on DD.. And also I make broccolli,cauliflower & pea salad with a tad of light mayonnaise and drink herbal hot teas and lots of water on DD.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #760
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I make cucumbers in red wine vinegar and sweetner and a tad of olvie oil and a tad of chopped onions let that marinate in fridge and eat that on DD.. And also I make broccolli,cauliflower & pea salad with a tad of light mayonnaise and drink herbal hot teas and lots of water on DD.
Sounds yummy! I love cucumbers and onion. I'm going to have one of my Adkins vanilla shakes for breakfast. Has lots of protein and 150 cal. I also bought a cambells chicken with stars drinkable soups for 50 cal. A little concerned with sodium in these soups, but going to give it a try. I also have 80 greek yougurt that has 12g of protein. I do need to get some veggies though so I can actually have something solid in my tummy. I also have broth ready as someone else had mentioned.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #761
Berta48

Quote:
Sounds yummy! I love cucumbers and onion. I'm going to have one of my Adkins vanilla shakes for breakfast. Has lots of protein and 150 cal. I also bought a cambells chicken with stars drinkable soups for 50 cal. A little concerned with sodium in these soups, but going to give it a try. I also have 80 greek yougurt that has 12g of protein. I do need to get some veggies though so I can actually have something solid in my tummy. I also have broth ready as someone else had mentioned.
I can't do the shakes I am hungry five minutes after drinking them.Also Progresso Light Soups some of them have only 80cal per cup so the whole can 160.I have had them on my DD also.

Here is some facts from Dr.J ADD Book... Just to help you out if you needed to ask.You will get various answers from different people because each of us are different and we have found what works for each of us. But this is what the book says....
Pg 243 & 244
Question... I don't want to do DD on the week end.Can I do them on Mon,Wed,& Fri?
Answer...Many people find it easiest to do Mon,Wed,Fri,as DD and make either Sat or Sun or BOTH UD.This works well and clearly maintains activation of the anit-infammatory process.Most people eat more on week-ends,however,probably because they are not distracted by work and engage in more social activity. So if you are trying to lose weight on ADD,you sould exercise caution and keep an up-to-the-minute food log to remain concious of what you are eating.As soon as you eat something write it down.

Another stragety would be to make Sun an "in between day" or (the gang here calls it a mid-day),meaning that you still restrict to some extent but eat more than you normally would on a regular DD. So ADD dieters have found that this works for them, while others have found that calculating in-between calories just adds to their stress and,therefore,becomes counterproductiove.It's a matter of knowing yourself and what works for you.

That is directly from Dr.J ADD book I always have Thursdays as a MD.

Here are 3 recipes for DD from the book that I thought sounded very good...

Makes one serving

Zucchini Ribbons with no-cook Tomato sauce
This recipe can be doubled.Adding one tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese will add only 23 calories.

3med Roma tomatoe(about 10 oz),diced
1/4c fresh shredded basil
1 tbs minced garlic
2 tsp cider vinegar, or to taste
Pinch of hot pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground pepper,to taste
2(6-8-oz) zucchini
1 tbs freshly grated Parmesan or RF Feta cheese(optional)
Combine the tomatoes,basil,garlic,vineger, hot pepper flakes,salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
Trim the ends off the zucchini.Cut a thin slice of peel from the two opposite sides of each zucchini.USing a sharp knofe or a mandoline, cut each zucchini lengthwise down the middle.Bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil in a pot with steamer basket (the water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
Spread the succhini in the basket and cover the pot.Steam, for about three min,until the zucchini is just crisp tender.Immediately toss the zucchini with the suce and serve. Sprinkle the cheese on top if desired.

Nutrition...
Cal116,Prot7g,Total Fat1g,Sat fat0g,Trans fat 0g,Cholesterol 0mg,Carb 25g,Dietary fiber8g,Sodium36mg.
Variations:When flavorful tomatoes are unavailable, substitute1(14.5-oz) can drained diced toamtoes or use a commercial pasta sauce.

One More from the book!...
"Don's Stir Fry" Makes 2 servings.
Use other low-cal vegetables of your choice and vary the flavoring with herbs and spices. If you like curry, add 1 tbs of curry powder to the stir fry when you return the vegetables to the pan.

2c broccoli florets
2 onions sliced
2c cut-up asparagus spears
1c low sodium chicken broth
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs peeled and sliced fresh ginger
1 tbs cornstarch

Spray a wok or a large saute' pan with non-stick spray.When the pan is hot,add the broccoli,onions,and apsparagus and stir fry until they soften and begin to brown. Remove the vegetables from the pan.

Combine the chicken broth,garlic, and ginger in the container of a blender and pulse until the garlic and ginger are chopped fine.Add the cornstarch and stir well.
Pour the chicken broth mixture into the hot pan, bring to a boil,and boil,stirring,just until the cornstarch thickens the liquid.Return the vegetables to the pan and reheat in the broth mixture.Serve at once.

Per Serving Cal 148,Prot9g,Total fat1g,Sat Fat0.5,Trans Fat0g,
Cholestrol 2mg,Carb 30g,Dietary fiber8g, Sodium 82mg.

Turkey and white bean chili Makes 3 servings

6oz extra lean ground turkey
1/2c chopped onion
1 grlic clove,minced
1/2c seeded and chopped green bell pepper
1tbs minced serrano chile,or to taste
1(14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
1(15oz) can white beans such as annellini,navy, or great northern,drained and rinsed
1c water
1tbs chili powder
1tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp dried basil

Combine the turkey,onion,and garlic in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat,stirring to break up the emeat,until the turkeyis browned.Add the bell pepper,chile, tomatoeswith their juice,beans,water,chili powder,cumin,oregano,and basil.Reduce the heat,cover,and simmer until the onion is tender,about 20min.
Per serving...
Calories 210,Prot23g,Total fat2g,Satfat0g,Transfat0g,Cholesterol27mg,Carb34g, Dietary fiber11g,Sodium 589mg.
Variation...
For a different texture substitute 6 oz of cubed turkey or chicken breast for the ground turkey.

Last edited by Berta48; 02-17-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #762
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Campbell's has a lot of sodium. I would definitely switch to Progresso. They have plenty if flavors that are Light and cheap enough to stock up on.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #763
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/220/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Just started JUDDD on Saturday so this would be day 3. Of course it's a DD. So far I'm feeling good and hoping that this will be the lifestyle change for me. I don't intend to weigh myself until March 1st which will be my two week mark. Fingers crossed! Best of luck to everyone.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #764
Blabbermouth!!!

Lili!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Welcome Lili!! today is my DD too There will be a DD thread today you can participate in and log what you eat and see what others eat.
Have a good DD
hot-in-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I can't do the shakes I am hungry five minutes after drinking them.Also Progresso Light Soups some of them have only 80cal per cup so the whole can 160.I have had them on my DD also.

Here is some facts from Dr.J ADD Book... Just to help you out if you needed to ask.You will get various answers from different people because each of us are different and we have found what works for each of us. But this is what the book says....
Pg 243 & 244
Question... I don't want to do DD on the week end.Can I do them on Mon,Wed,& Fri?
Answer...Many people find it easiest to do Mon,Wed,Fri,as DD and make either Sat or Sun or BOTH UD.This works well and clearly maintains activation of the anit-infammatory process.Most people eat more on week-ends,however,probably because they are not distracted by work and engage in more social activity. So if you are trying to lose weight on ADD,you sould exercise caution and keep an up-to-the-minute food log to remain concious of what you are eating.As soon as you eat something write it down.

Another stragety would be to make Sun an "in between day" or (the gang here calls it a mid-day),meaning that you still restrict to some extent but eat more than you normally would on a regular DD. So ADD dieters have found that this works for them, while others have found that calculating in-between calories just adds to their stress and,therefore,becomes counterproductiove.It's a matter of knowing yourself and what works for you.

That is directly from Dr.J ADD book I always have Thursdays as a MD.

Here are 3 recipes for DD from the book that I thought sounded very good...

Makes one serving

Zucchini Ribbons with no-cook Tomato sauce
This recipe can be doubled.Adding one tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese will add only 23 calories.

3med Roma tomatoe(about 10 oz),diced
1/4c fresh shredded basil
1 tbs minced garlic
2 tsp cider vinegar, or to taste
Pinch of hot pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground pepper,to taste
2(6-8-oz) zucchini
1 tbs freshly grated Parmesan or RF Feta cheese(optional)
Combine the tomatoes,basil,garlic,vineger, hot pepper flakes,salt and black pepper in a large bowl.
Trim the ends off the zucchini.Cut a thin slice of peel from the two opposite sides of each zucchini.USing a sharp knofe or a mandoline, cut each zucchini lengthwise down the middle.Bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil in a pot with steamer basket (the water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
Spread the succhini in the basket and cover the pot.Steam, for about three min,until the zucchini is just crisp tender.Immediately toss the zucchini with the suce and serve. Sprinkle the cheese on top if desired.

Nutrition...
Cal116,Prot7g,Total Fat1g,Sat fat0g,Trans fat 0g,Cholesterol 0mg,Carb 25g,Dietary fiber8g,Sodium36mg.
Variations:When flavorful tomatoes are unavailable, substitute1(14.5-oz) can drained diced toamtoes or use a commercial pasta sauce.

One More from the book!...
"Don's Stir Fry" Makes 2 servings.
Use other low-cal vegetables of your choice and vary the flavoring with herbs and spices. If you like curry, add 1 tbs of curry powder to the stir fry when you return the vegetables to the pan.

2c broccoli florets
2 onions sliced
2c cut-up asparagus spears
1c low sodium chicken broth
2 garlic cloves
1 tbs peeled and sliced fresh ginger
1 tbs cornstarch

Spray a wok or a large saute' pan with non-stick spray.When the pan is hot,add the broccoli,onions,and apsparagus and stir fry until they soften and begin to brown. Remove the vegetables from the pan.

Combine the chicken broth,garlic, and ginger in the container of a blender and pulse until the garlic and ginger are chopped fine.Add the cornstarch and stir well.
Pour the chicken broth mixture into the hot pan, bring to a boil,and boil,stirring,just until the cornstarch thickens the liquid.Return the vegetables to the pan and reheat in the broth mixture.Serve at once.

Per Serving Cal 148,Prot9g,Total fat1g,Sat Fat0.5,Trans Fat0g,
Cholestrol 2mg,Carb 30g,Dietary fiber8g, Sodium 82mg.

Turkey and white bean chili Makes 3 servings

6oz extra lean ground turkey
1/2c chopped onion
1 grlic clove,minced
1/2c seeded and chopped green bell pepper
1tbs minced serrano chile,or to taste
1(14.5 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
1(15oz) can white beans such as annellini,navy, or great northern,drained and rinsed
1c water
1tbs chili powder
1tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp dried basil

Combine the turkey,onion,and garlic in a large saucepan and cook over medium heat,stirring to break up the emeat,until the turkeyis browned.Add the bell pepper,chile, tomatoeswith their juice,beans,water,chili powder,cumin,oregano,and basil.Reduce the heat,cover,and simmer until the onion is tender,about 20min.
Per serving...
Calories 210,Prot23g,Total fat2g,Satfat0g,Transfat0g,Cholesterol27mg,Carb34g, Dietary fiber11g,Sodium 589mg.
Variation...
For a different texture substitute 6 oz of cubed turkey or chicken breast for the ground turkey.
Wow, those sound really good. Thank you for taking the time to share. I bought 2 progresso soups as well. Haven't eaten yet. Waiting for some hunger pains to kick in. So far feeling pretty good. I've been keeping busy doing house work so thus far I haven't been preoccupied thinking about food. Also working on my first bottle of water. Thanks also for tips on my first DD.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #767
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
to Reluctantexan, JMBM, Iheart and Lily! Hope I haven't missed anyone. Remember we have lots of threads in this forum and you're most welcome to post on any/all of them that you want to. We love hearing how you're doing, and sharing your perspectives and how you're feeling! Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
to Reluctantexan, JMBM, Iheart and Lily! Hope I haven't missed anyone. Remember we have lots of threads in this forum and you're most welcome to post on any/all of them that you want to. We love hearing how you're doing, and sharing your perspectives and how you're feeling! Good luck!
Truly enjoy this thread. Seems to be the only one I get feedback on. So far my DD is going good. Have had 1 Adkins shake for 160 cal. Trying to hold out til early afternoon before I have more calories. Hopefully then I can save my progresso soup for around 6 or so. And I have my chicken broth ready in case I get hungry before bedtime.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

JM, you can go to the DD Monday thread where we will all be sharing our DD experiences today
Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200(190)/140.4(181)/140 64yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
to all of the newbies!!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
JM, you can go to the DD Monday thread where we will all be sharing our DD experiences today
Thanks will check it out.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Hi everyone!
I am starting today. Admittedly Iím a little unprepared and uneducated. My Buddy has done this off and on for the last year or so and I have a few other friends that have also played with this. So I know probably just enough to be dangerous. I did try this WOE during HCG to get things moving quite successfully before I even knew about JUDDD.
About me: Iím 5í2Ē, I have a BF of about 26.5 and I would like to lose about 15 lbs and get to 23.5. I have lost and gained that in the last two years with HCG. I plan to work out, mostly light lifting at home, plus Pilates and power walking. I am starting with DD-500 and UD-1800 because thatís what my buddy, who is very much like me does and I havenít had the time to figure it out for myself yet.
Iíll be reading and studying your threads for the next couple days and appreciate any insight and suggestions you have to offer.
Thanks!
Terri
Old 02-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #773
Berta48

Morning Judddd Buds

Today I weighed and was up .4 but yesterday was a UD.

Today I begin my upped WLM %. I just can not stick with 500 calories.I feel bad about it but it just isn't enough for me to feel I can live with it.
And I have a long way to go before maintance.SO I am going to 25 % WLM maybe 30%
Then I think... I can still loose even at 35%.So if I go with 25% and do go over I should still loose. Is that a poor way to think about it?

Does anyone know about how much weight a week I should loose if I do that?

Today will be a MD and I will weigh tomorrow morning as my 2 weeks are up now.

I am hoping as I get farther along I will learn to eat less and still feel satisfied as I find more and different foods and recipes that are filling.

I have only lost 2lbs thus far

Last edited by Berta48; 02-18-2013 at 10:35 AM..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #774
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Terri! You've found a great place here. Hope you'll read lots of threads and ask lots of questions.

Roberta, I don't know what to tell you about you DD %. I started out at 500 and stayed there for the first couple of months and then started inching my way down when my losses seemed to slow a bit. Now I'm right around 400 - 420 and while it is more restricting, I'm happy because my losses are still humming along most of the time. You'll just have to see how your body reacts to the higher cals. I will say this, for me anyway, powering through those first difficult weeks/month of DDs, the quicker losses really motivated me. But again, you'll have to do what you can feel comfortable with. Good luck!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

welcome Terri!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #776
Berta48

Teri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Terri! You've found a great place here. Hope you'll read lots of threads and ask lots of questions.

Roberta, I don't know what to tell you about you DD %. I started out at 500 and stayed there for the first couple of months and then started inching my way down when my losses seemed to slow a bit. Now I'm right around 400 - 420 and while it is more restricting, I'm happy because my losses are still humming along most of the time. You'll just have to see how your body reacts to the higher cals. I will say this, for me anyway, powering through those first difficult weeks/month of DDs, the quicker losses really motivated me. But again, you'll have to do what you can feel comfortable with. Good luck!
Thank you.
Well I feel if I am not going to stick with the 500 then I need to find what I can stick with even if the loss is slower.

Last edited by Berta48; 02-18-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #777
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Terri. When you get a chance google the juddd calculator and get your specific calories- hey- you may get more than 1800- you never know.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #778
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi everyone!
I am starting today. Admittedly Iím a little unprepared and uneducated. My Buddy has done this off and on for the last year or so and I have a few other friends that have also played with this. So I know probably just enough to be dangerous. I did try this WOE during HCG to get things moving quite successfully before I even knew about JUDDD.
About me: Iím 5í2Ē, I have a BF of about 26.5 and I would like to lose about 15 lbs and get to 23.5. I have lost and gained that in the last two years with HCG. I plan to work out, mostly light lifting at home, plus Pilates and power walking. I am starting with DD-500 and UD-1800 because thatís what my buddy, who is very much like me does and I havenít had the time to figure it out for myself yet.
Iíll be reading and studying your threads for the next couple days and appreciate any insight and suggestions you have to offer.
Thanks!
Terri
Hi Terri, I'm a newbie as well. Having my first DD. AT 230 so far. I think my soup for dinner has 210 so I'll be at 440 on my first complete DD. Good luck!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Teri

Thank you.
Well I feel if I am not going to stick with the 500 then I need to find what I can stick with even if the loss is slower.

My son started doing JUDDD with me(he is 21) and he stayed between 600-700 calories on the first week and lost very well, by the 2nd week, or maybe 10 days into it, he was ok with 500-550 calories, maybe you could give that a try?6-700 right now, then cut back when you can?
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Quote:
Welcome Terri. When you get a chance google the juddd calculator and get your specific calories- hey- you may get more than 1800- you never know.
I've been doing some studying since I posted this morning and did just that Carly. It gave me a range of 510 to 2040 if I work out 3-5 times a week. So a little bit more room to relax on UD if I need to, so I can enjoy time with DH on the weekends. Also incentive to keep up with my workouts. I'd hate to have to cut below 500

Quote:
Hi Terri, I'm a newbie as well. Having my first DD. AT 230 so far. I think my soup for dinner has 210 so I'll be at 440 on my first complete DD. Good luck!
Hey JMBM Great luck to you as well. I was a bit hungry mid-morning, but not too bad. I've been reading the DD meal suggestions and have a background with HCG and the 500 calories protocol there, so I'm feeling this is real doable. Not sure if I'll weigh tomorrow or just wait until Saturday. What's your plan?

A question for who have been ďthere done thatĒ: Looking at the logistics, it would be a real doable schedule to do this Monday, Wednesday & Friday each week and have the weekends off, but that would be two UDs in a row. What are your thoughts on that?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote