Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #691
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
Jazzy, if it were me, I would follow hcg rules of no sugar/starch for a minimum of 3 weeks as written in the protocol.

Hello pibble mama (LOL) name!

Kissa, I met mine today by 2 T of peanut butter (2 T isn't very much, I could have eaten half a cup)...

Kim, like you I'm a new Juddder! I think everyone has been super sweet too! I know we will succeed at this endeavor! Woot! Woot!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #692
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Good morning everyone!

I'm giving JUDDD a go to try to get my weight back in control. I haven't been able to maintain, my doctor thinks it's because of current things I've got going on (adrenal exhaustion, long story) but I need to STOP THE GAIN!!!

A couple of my bestest internet friends are doing JUDDD so I'm trying too! Yesterday was my first UD and I'm sure I drastically went over my calories.. ugh. lesson learned! Today is my first DD so I'm having coffee with a little half and half, a greek yogurt whenever I get hungry and zoodles for dinner with red peppers and tuna. My numbers are 1942//388.

I spent a lot of time reading this forum a while back but now I'm not lurking. .
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #693
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Miss Latte and Kim. I look forward to hearing more from each of you!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pibble mama
Stats: 289.6/283/175!!
WOE: NK newbie!
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
Good morning everyone!

I'm giving JUDDD a go to try to get my weight back in control. I haven't been able to maintain, my doctor thinks it's because of current things I've got going on (adrenal exhaustion, long story) but I need to STOP THE GAIN!!!

A couple of my bestest internet friends are doing JUDDD so I'm trying too! Yesterday was my first UD and I'm sure I drastically went over my calories.. ugh. lesson learned! Today is my first DD so I'm having coffee with a little half and half, a greek yogurt whenever I get hungry and zoodles for dinner with red peppers and tuna. My numbers are 1942//388.

I spent a lot of time reading this forum a while back but now I'm not lurking. .
we can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryKeeper View Post
Jazzy, if it were me, I would follow hcg rules of no sugar/starch for a minimum of 3 weeks as written in the protocol.

Hello pibble mama (LOL) name!

Kissa, I met mine today by 2 T of peanut butter (2 T isn't very much, I could have eaten half a cup)...

Kim, like you I'm a new Juddder! I think everyone has been super sweet too! I know we will succeed at this endeavor! Woot! Woot!

I had FF HnH in my coffee this morning (well, just now! PERK of one more week of unemployment! I sleep in late! ) I may have to save a 100 cals for my HWC each morning in my DD coffee! I used to LIVE on the FF stuff....now ! PLUS I don't like the chemical make up in it! I wan't to go dairy free...but i am a realist and i don't see that happening! on UD I do use pure coconut cream that i make into coffee creamer...AND I throw a can of coconut milk and some vanilla and stevia in my ice cream maker....OH EM GHEEEEE! lol lil paleo pun there!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #695
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Pibble!! Welcome. Would you share your coconut coffee creamer recipe? I sooo want to try it!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Hi Pibble!! Welcome. Would you share your coconut coffee creamer recipe? I sooo want to try it!
sure thing! I can't take credit...i found it while on pint erest

Take a can of WHOLE COCONUT CREAM (not milk, it won't work!) but in food processor (I drain out any runny liquid to use later in a protein shake or something!) and start blending. Add one egg (the raw thing doesn't bother me) and add vanilla or other flavoring to taste. I will also usually add truvia/stevia or something to taste.

THE TRICKY PART
SLOWLY add melted (but not hot or it will cause the mix to go lumpy) about 3 tbs of coconut oil (i use the unflavored kind).

The mix will be slightly runny but will set up like a firm whipped cream in the fridge. I usually have it for a week. It isn't TOTALLY like hwc but after a day or too i loved the difference in taste and it is totally cheaper too! Sometime I will add a scoop to a 3 min. cake instead of cream etc.

Enjoy!

I also will throw a can of coconut milk (the good stuff!) in my ice cream mixer and add a GOOD size amount of vanilla and any sweetener (davinci works too!) and let 'er run! It turns out like soft serve and will get rock hard in the freezer, so I let it sit out for a little bit to soften before I get another scoop the next day or anything. I am an ice cream junkie so it is a reasonable switch off for me! Plus coconut is the bomb!!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #697
Berta48

Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: OWL Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 17th, 2014(247.8 LC Plan Atkins
Good Morning JUDDDD BUDS
Tomorrow is my very first weigh in day. So hopefully I will see at least a 2lb loss I went over my UD calories yesterday by 12.For some reason I was a pig in full force. It seems always in the evening. I am going to have to get a handle on that problem and nip it in the bud now

to everyone that just started.

I am wondering how good it is for us when we are up one day and down the next on the scales?Would that be considered yo yo dieting or not?

And also I was reading the Alternate Day book by Dr.J again and it says after the induction Phase your DD calories go up,I was thinking they went down? I know this plan isn't that confusing maybe I just need to read ALL the book and stop asking questions
I hope everyone has a good week.Until tomorrow

Last edited by Berta48; 02-11-2013 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #698
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
Haven't gotten the book yet

It should be here in a couple of days. I noticed somebody mention weigh-in day. Is this weekly? I've been staying off the scales for a very long time because I was using the scale as an excuse to eat or not eat, depending upon the results
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #699
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantexan View Post
It should be here in a couple of days. I noticed somebody mention weigh-in day. Is this weekly? I've been staying off the scales for a very long time because I was using the scale as an excuse to eat or not eat, depending upon the results
It's totally individual. I weighed weekly, and only after a DD for some time. Now I weigh daily, but the bounce doesn't bother me. If you're bothered by it, or feel better not weighing, there's no rule that you have to. You can go by how your clothing feels, or measurements, or whatever works for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #700

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Roberta, for some people the calories my be higher that 500, but for many of us it is less.

The numbers depend on gender, age, height and current weight. So a 25 year old 6'2" male weighing 300 will have a higher DD number than 60 year old 5'2 female weighing 300 lbs.

H and welcome Miss Latte!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #701

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Good Morning JUDDDD BUDS
Tomorrow is my very first weigh in day. So hopefully I will see at least a 2lb loss I went over my UD calories yesterday by 12.For some reason I was a pig in full force. It seems always in the evening. I am going to have to get a handle on that problem and nip it in the bud now

to everyone that just started.

I am wondering how good it is for us when we are up one day and down the next on the scales?Would that be considered yo yo dieting or not?

No, it's not yo-yo dieting. Our bodies naturally fluctuate in weight every single day, whether we're dieting or not. Also, with the fasting (very low calories) one day and normal eating the next, our bodies are bound to weigh more or less just based on what's INSIDE them, along with hydration levels, salt, etc.

And also I was reading the Alternate Day book by Dr.J again and it says after the induction Phase your DD calories go up,I was thinking they went down? I know this plan isn't that confusing maybe I just need to read ALL the book and stop asking questions
I hope everyone has a good week.Until tomorrow
I've seen you mention a few times that you read calories are supposed to go up after the two weeks. I haven't read the book, but I've never seen anyone else say this. Several people have answered you on other threads about this. Just stick with your 20% number and don't overthink it. This is a simple plan, but we can really muck it up if we think too much about it. Follow your 20% number for down days and your higher number for up days. It works best if you alternate, but I know you want a fixed schedule. That's fine, but you need to be aware that a fixed schedule can make weight loss slower than a straight UD/DD rotation. Once you've done JUDDD for a while, you'll learn to trust it. It works for most of us beautifully and I hope it will work for you just as well.

If the bouncing on the scale is bothering you, don't weigh every day.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #702

Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #703
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I've seen you mention a few times that you read calories are supposed to go up after the two weeks. I haven't read the book, but I've never seen anyone else say this. Several people have answered you on other threads about this. Just stick with your 20% number and don't overthink it. This is a simple plan, but we can really muck it up if we think too much about it. Follow your 20% number for down days and your higher number for up days. It works best if you alternate, but I know you want a fixed schedule. That's fine, but you need to be aware that a fixed schedule can make weight loss slower than a straight UD/DD rotation. Once you've done JUDDD for a while, you'll learn to trust it. It works for most of us beautifully and I hope it will work for you just as well.

If the bouncing on the scale is bothering you, don't weigh every day.
Thanks I do tend to over think things. Sorry. I will do what you suggest.

I believe I will stop weighig in every day also.It does stress me out, when I gain alot overnight
Old 02-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #704
Big Yapper!!!!

What could be confusing you, Berta, is that Dr. J says that DD calories go up after you get to GOAL. As long as you are trying to lose, your DD calories should be at the percentage you want to lose, 20% being the lowest on the calculator, and the fastest number for weight-loss(but some do fast completely on DD's or go lower than 20%). Obviously, eating less overall is conducive to weight loss. JUDDD *is* magical, but even this WOE can't help you lose weight if you don't cut calories somewhere.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-11-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Just adding my hello. I have decided to give JUDDD a one month try. I am 2 hours into my first DD.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #706
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WrestlersMatMom
Thinking about switching

Hi all! I've had great success with Atkins in the past, and had restarted induction today when I noticed this thread and it made me curious. I just checked out the website, and used their calculator which says my up days I would consume 1996 calories and down days are 399 days. I'm not really worried about the up days,but the down days seem really low! I was skimming threads and saw some suggest or use shakes, but I have an old can of slim fast that's got at least 200 calories per shake alone! What would I eat on down days?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeborahL
Stats: 168.2/156.6/130
WOE: JUDDD w/restricted carbs
Start Date: 1/20/13 (Atkins) 2/11/2013 (JUDDD)
Mom, there is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that has DD (down day) menu ideas. Hope you find it helpful.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #708
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WrestlersMatMom
Thanks, I will check it out!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #709
Berta48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
What could be confusing you, Berta, is that Dr. J says that DD calories go up after you get to GOAL. As long as you are trying to lose, your DD calories should be at the percentage you want to lose, 20% being the lowest on the calculator, and the fastest number for weight-loss(but some do fast completely on DD's or go lower than 20%). Obviously, eating less overall is conducive to weight loss. JUDDD *is* magical, but even this WOE can't help you lose weight if you don't cut calories somewhere.
What would I do without you?Here is what it says on page 141 of the book....
After two weeks, your sirt 1 gene will be fully activated and working for you.You'll have a better sense of what it means to be hungry,and you'll already have begun to see and feel the benifits of up-day,down day dieting.
You'll have lost some weight and you'll be feeling more entergetic.If you have allergies,asthma,or arthritis, you will have started to see a reduction of symptoms.

Now is the time to eat regular food(he recommends shakes for the induction ph) depending on how much weight you want to lose,also increase your calorie consumption on down days.That is what confused meI am just wanting to do this right. I do realize it is simple but guess I am short a load of a full deck

Tonight I have had to fight myself all night long not to eat. I am sohungry.But I am going to bed as tomorrow is my one week weigh in and an UD

How do you think it would work if I increased my DD cal to 600-700 and lowered my UD ones to 1200 -1500.?The calculatoer has 2077.I could live with that a whole lot better.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Berta I will jump in here, Dr J might have been talking about raising your weight loss percent from 20% to 35% after the first 2 weeks. Most juddd buddds just stay at the 20% for faster weight loss. I don't trust that I will lose at the 35%, so I just stay at 20%.
If you lower your ud calories and increase your dd calories, you will be in maintenance and most likely not lose. Again, it is important to experiment for yourself. The DDs can be difficult, if you haven't yet, I urge you to get some broth to sip on if you are very hungry, and don't stress too much if you accidentally go over your calories a bit-just do your best.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 AM   #711

Quote:
How do you think it would work if I increased my DD cal to 600-700 and lowered my UD ones to 1200 -1500.?The calculatoer has 2077.I could live with that a whole lot better
No, no no! By all means raise your DD calories to a higher level 25/30/35% to help you through the hung. But please don't lower you UD calories. I tis the gap between the calories that will get the Sirt going.

You can't expect this to be too easy after only one week. DDs are tough until the 'magic' kicks in, and for some people they are always a bit tough. But you do get used to it, I promise.

And those UDs are important to satisfy and nourish you. If you do as you suggest you are simply doing a very low calorie diet, not JUDDD.

I agree with Sher's suggestion about LC broth, it can be a life saver, and lemon juice in some water is another favourite.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 02-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #712
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
No, no no! By all means raise your DD calories to a higher level 25/30/35% to help you through the hung. But please don't lower you UD calories. I tis the gap between the calories that will get the Sirt going.

You can't expect this to be too easy after only one week. DDs are tough until the 'magic' kicks in, and for some people they are always a bit tough. But you do get used to it, I promise.

And those UDs are important to satisfy and nourish you. If you do as you suggest you are simply doing a very low calorie diet, not JUDDD.

I agree with Sher's suggestion about LC broth, it can be a life saver, and lemon juice in some water is another favourite.
Please- if you can just follow the calorie recommendationd for UD and DD (hopefully a percentage under 30% preferably 20% for 2 weeks before you change anything.

to all the other newbies!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MemoryKeeper
Stats: 233.5/183.5/133
WOE: Currently: Rx hcg
Start Date: 10/18/2011
Good morning friends! So happy with my weigh in today. 6.0 pounds gone in 2 weeks with JUDDDKINS (JUDDD/ATKINS combo)....

Happy to see you all here! Thanks for the help and encourage me NOT to lower my UD calories! It makes me feel better to splurge, therefore making me want to stay on plan. Also, the bounces do stress me, but I'm getting a better grip. HCG training can be hard to overcome on the Daily Weigh-ins, but I'm pleased to report I skipped the scale on Saturday and Sunday, and should have waited until today (after DD) to weigh. Next week I can weigh on Monday after my Sunday DD.

Have a fabulous Tuesday y'all!

Start Weight: 233.5 (06/05/2011)
hcg 1 (Oct. 2011): 218/198
hcg 2 (Feb. 2012): 198/184
hcg 3 (April 2012): 184/167.5
hcg 4 (July 2012): 165.5/153.5
hcg 5 (July 2014): 183.5/???
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #714
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: reluctantexan
Stats: 170/155/140
WOE: HFLC
Something to fill up on DDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-in-texas View Post
Berta I will jump in here, Dr J might have been talking about raising your weight loss percent from 20% to 35% after the first 2 weeks. Most juddd buddds just stay at the 20% for faster weight loss. I don't trust that I will lose at the 35%, so I just stay at 20%.
If you lower your ud calories and increase your dd calories, you will be in maintenance and most likely not lose. Again, it is important to experiment for yourself. The DDs can be difficult, if you haven't yet, I urge you to get some broth to sip on if you are very hungry, and don't stress too much if you accidentally go over your calories a bit-just do your best.
30 years ago I was working as a movie sound tech in Hollywood and that's when I first heard of "filling up" on psyllium husks. The actors used it to stay slim.

If you buy the container at Trader Joe's, psyllium is not expensive and it contains no allergens. I think of psyllium as a brush, cleaning my intestines, but if your stomach is growling, it also stops that. It is also said to be useful in lowering cholesterol.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #715

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I've been basically offline (and off JUDDD) for a week, and so many new "faces" joining us! It's wonderful!

to all of you! I wish you all the best of luck with JUDDD, and I look forward to getting to know you so much better.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #716
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!! I couldn't stand it.....I weighed this morning and DOWN a lb!! I know it will bounce BUT heck, it's been bouncing since birth! lol I have an up up and away (ROFL) day for thursday, so i'm planning on being extra clean for the next two days! I hate the "hallmark" holiday...so I LOVE MYSELF and bought a cupcake and a mini bottle of proseco for myself and will make a really nice chicken parm for dinner on Vday!! <3 yourself first right?!!? lol

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hot-in-texas
Quote:
30 years ago I was working as a movie sound tech in Hollywood and that's when I first heard of "filling up" on psyllium husks. The actors used it to stay slim.

If you buy the container at Trader Joe's, psyllium is not expensive and it contains no allergens. I think of psyllium as a brush, cleaning my intestines, but if your stomach is growling, it also stops that. It is also said to be useful in lowering cholesterol.
thanks for the tip reluctant. I have been seeing psyllium husks mentioned around here, but what exactly is it? Are they something that you eat, or sprinkle on top of stuff, or is it a supplement? I am totally lost.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Capsules or powder? I am interested in trying it, but have only seen the capsules locally. Will they do the same thing (make you feel full)?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #719

I used Psyllium Husk capsules for years while doing LC, to keep me regular.

I had stopped using them since JUDDDing but this has remind me that as well helping you to feel full the are very good for you as a colon cleanse. You do have to take them with a lot of water as the psyllium expands rapidly, which is why it can help you stay full.

I am going to start again!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #720

Just a reminder, to myself too, that this is supposed to be the Introductory thread...

We are supposed to chat here. February JUDDD Newbies chat here
Closed Thread