Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #571
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I have lost on average 8-10 pound per month on JUDDD. I avoid mid-days like the plague, but they work for some people- not for me however. You do not need to do shakes if you are able to weigh/measure your food or use prepackaged foods. Dr. J didn't have a lot of faith in people's ability to accurately gauge the calories in food I guess, so that's why he says shakes or bars, but a lot of us just ate food during the beginning.
Hello Carly
Thanks for the response and everyone else that posted to me also.
I am actually looking forward to JUDDDD now, because I thought only 2lbs a month would be lost. Like I said on my first post.I am doing RXHCG but I can't live this way forever.And I feel if I am fat(which I am) I will have to watch it the rest of my life however long that may be.

I am wondering if you meant alternate days when you said mid-days?
We always eat out after church on Sundays so I want that as an UD> Friday night we always go to someones house for supper(or they come here) and play games and have fellowship. So I want that as an UD. How would you suggest I start doing it? As the rest of the days are not a problem for me.

I am so glad I can use items such as lean cuisine etc.I like them with a little side salad. But mostly I enjoy baking and cooking, I realize we have to eat healthy.I have diabetes 2 so the sweets and carbs for me are limited anyway.

As I said I am waiting until this vial of RX HCG is gone as it costs 30.00 for a vial and it only last 14days.So it can get quite expensive.I have about another week left.

So will be back and let you know when I actually start.
Looking forward to your encouragement along this new WOE.
__________________

With the help from the Lord....
No food will satisfy my heart or fill the emptiness in my soul. Jesus Christ is "the real meat" and the "bread of life," and I am to feed on him.
Roberta

Started Low Carb April10th 2014

Last edited by Berta48; 02-01-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #572
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
Carly- I have been reading your post and it looks like you are doing great. your post were the reason why I looked into the Juddd diet. so I am doing a modified type of Atkins induction ( keep carbs below 20gms) with Juddd. I am comfortable doing it. I am trying to following in your weight loss!
My first full month on JUDDD was w/ net carbs under 20, but then I jumped head first into carbs and never looked back. I love juddd and it has brought me to a place where I'm seriously thinking about my maintenance and I thought I would never get there. I hope you love juddd as much as a lot of do!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Carly
Thanks for the response and everyone else that posted to me also.
I am actually looking forward to JUDDDD now, because I thought only 2lbs a month would be lost. Like I said on my first post.I am doing RXHCG but I can't live this way forever.And I feel if I am fat(which I am) I will have to watch it the rest of my life however long that may be.

I am wondering if you meant alternate days when you said mid-days?
We always eat out after church on Sundays so I want that as an UD> Friday night we always go to someones house for supper(or they come here) and play games and have fellowship. So I want that as an UD. How would you suggest I start doing it? As the rest of the days are not a problem for me.

I am so glad I can use items such as lean cuisine etc.I like them with a little side salad. But mostly I enjoy baking and cooking, I realize we have to eat healthy.I have diabetes 2 so the sweets and carbs for me are limited anyway.

As I said I am waiting until this vial of RX HCG is gone as it costs 30.00 for a vial and it only last 14days.So it can get quite expensive.I have about another week left.

So will be back and let you know when I actually start.
Looking forward to your encouragement along this new WOE.
Well, when someone wants fixed UDs or fixed DDs they usually need a mid-day. Ex: Mon DD, Tue UD, Wed DD, Thurs MD, Fri UD, Sat DD, Sun UD and Mon is a DD again so each week is the same/ fixed schedule. This does not work for me for weightloss, but does work well for others. I needed strict rotations and the 4 or 5 times I used MDs I stalled, but others do great with them so this is a YMMV kind of thing. I hope that was helpful and not confusing...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #574
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,492
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hello Carly
Thanks for the response and everyone else that posted to me also.
I am actually looking forward to JUDDDD now, because I thought only 2lbs a month would be lost. Like I said on my first post.I am doing RXHCG but I can't live this way forever.And I feel if I am fat(which I am) I will have to watch it the rest of my life however long that may be.

I am wondering if you meant alternate days when you said mid-days?
We always eat out after church on Sundays so I want that as an UD> Friday night we always go to someones house for supper(or they come here) and play games and have fellowship. So I want that as an UD. How would you suggest I start doing it? As the rest of the days are not a problem for me.

I am so glad I can use items such as lean cuisine etc.I like them with a little side salad. But mostly I enjoy baking and cooking, I realize we have to eat healthy.I have diabetes 2 so the sweets and carbs for me are limited anyway.

As I said I am waiting until this vial of RX HCG is gone as it costs 30.00 for a vial and it only last 14days.So it can get quite expensive.I have about another week left.

So will be back and let you know when I actually start.
Looking forward to your encouragement along this new WOE.
Welcome Berta!!! Here's a question for you: Can you do HCG every other day? I've been wondering if it would help with DD.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #575
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Welcome Berta!!! Here's a question for you: Can you do HCG every other day? I've been wondering if it would help with DD.
Hi Cindy
No, RXHCG is 2x a day and when on PH2 (500 cal) you have ONLY 2 meals a day.NO BREAKFAST (can eat one fruit)for breakfast.2 melba or grissnni sticks a day.Beef,chicken,fish, 3.5 oz weighed raw,2 veggies to be eaten with the meal, cabbage, 1 tomato,lettuce,cucumbers, radishes, or celery.2 fruit a day, 8-10 strawberries,1 orange, or 1 lg apple or grapefruit.2 tbs rf milk. That's it no more.You can eat less but who wants to

It is hard to stick with for sure. You do that for 21-40 days then PH3 with no
starch or sugar but add in more veggies & protein.Then PH4 slowly add back in the starch and sugar. It works but very hard to stick with.For me a anyway.I did well at first, but the longer I went the harder it was to stay on plan.

I personally found Rx is much better than the hemopathic. But JUDDD sounds to me like a lifetime plan

Last edited by Berta48; 02-01-2013 at 03:11 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #576
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Well, when someone wants fixed UDs or fixed DDs they usually need a mid-day. Ex: Mon DD, Tue UD, Wed DD, Thurs MD, Fri UD, Sat DD, Sun UD and Mon is a DD again so each week is the same/ fixed schedule. This does not work for me for weightloss, but does work well for others. I needed strict rotations and the 4 or 5 times I used MDs I stalled, but others do great with them so this is a YMMV kind of thing. I hope that was helpful and not confusing...
Carly
Thanks. That sure helps me out. I will give that a shot when I start and see how I do. We don't always do Friday nights,so on the week we don't,I ca do the alternating routine except Sundays.I'm ready to start NOW!
I chose 25% wt loss as 20 was only 414cal, It's hard sticking with the 500.
My UD are 2017 DD 518. I doubt if I eat that many cal on UD but sure gives me freedom
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #577
Junior LCF Member
 
Civil69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Gallery: Civil69
Stats: 215/135/120
WOE: Gonna try JUDDD
Start Date: February 2013
OK after feeling like I was starving myself yesterday with only 521 cals on my DD. Today, my UD, I added glucomannan to two meals (breakfast and lunch) and I capped out a 853 cals without feeling deprived....the concern I have is I do cardio everyday and weightlifting on my UD's and if I don't get enough food like protein because I am not hungry, how will I replace my 'fluffyness' with muscle....

I realize it has only been two days but I don't want to fall off the wagon....

Advice please....oh and by the way, I did not eat today as much as probably should have because I felt stuffed all day.

C
Civil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil69 View Post
OK after feeling like I was starving myself yesterday with only 521 cals on my DD. Today, my UD, I added glucomannan to two meals (breakfast and lunch) and I capped out a 853 cals without feeling deprived....the concern I have is I do cardio everyday and weightlifting on my UD's and if I don't get enough food like protein because I am not hungry, how will I replace my 'fluffyness' with muscle....

I realize it has only been two days but I don't want to fall off the wagon....

Advice please....oh and by the way, I did not eat today as much as probably should have because I felt stuffed all day.

C
You may wish to avoid gluc on UD since your DD tomorrow will be pretty miserable if you only eat 850 calories on your UD. I would try to eat more this evening. Things like nuts, cream, nut butters, etc will up the calories with out much bulk if you feel too full.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #579
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,492
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Hi Cindy
No, RXHCG is 2x a day and when on PH2 (500 cal) you have ONLY 2 meals a day.NO BREAKFAST (can eat one fruit)for breakfast.2 melba or grissnni sticks a day.Beef,chicken,fish, 3.5 oz weighed raw,2 veggies to be eaten with the meal, cabbage, 1 tomato,lettuce,cucumbers, radishes, or celery.2 fruit a day, 8-10 strawberries,1 orange, or 1 lg apple or grapefruit.2 tbs rf milk. That's it no more.You can eat less but who wants to

It is hard to stick with for sure. You do that for 21-40 days then PH3 with no
starch or sugar but add in more veggies & protein.Then PH4 slowly add back in the starch and sugar. It works but very hard to stick with.For me a anyway.I did well at first, but the longer I went the harder it was to stay on plan.

I personally found Rx is much better than the hemopathic. But JUDDD sounds to me like a lifetime plan
Well. That certainly answers my question! Thanks for the detailed explanation, Berta! I hope to see you posting often in the JUDDD forums. again!

ETA: My bf's aunt has lost 78 lbs doing Omni (hcg). She lost it in less than 6 months!!!! As far as I know, she has kept it off since May 2012. I thought it was a gimmick and even asked her if she had weight-loss surgery! LOL, no, it does work.

Last edited by Librarygirl; 02-01-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #580
Junior LCF Member
 
Civil69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Gallery: Civil69
Stats: 215/135/120
WOE: Gonna try JUDDD
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
You may wish to avoid gluc on UD since your DD tomorrow will be pretty miserable if you only eat 850 calories on your UD. I would try to eat more this evening. Things like nuts, cream, nut butters, etc will up the calories with out much bulk if you feel too full.
I tried the glucomannan as a test today....and well, it worked....stuffed as a tick to the point if I eat anymore, it will come out my ears....that said, it is a good test for my DD's....I will use it tomorrow and cross my fingers that I won't gnaw off my leg or anyone else's you get in the way

C
Civil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #581
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,492
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I would like to try gluc powder too. I am going to look for it tomorrow!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #582
Senior LCF Member
 
kgirlpure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: maryland
Posts: 179
Gallery: kgirlpure
Stats: ( 5'5")181/164/130 age 48
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: january 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
My first full month on JUDDD was w/ net carbs under 20, but then I jumped head first into carbs and never looked back. I love juddd and it has brought me to a place where I'm seriously thinking about my maintenance and I thought I would never get there. I hope you love juddd as much as a lot of do!
So Carly, did you lose just as much weight when you went to judd only?
kgirlpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgirlpure View Post
So Carly, did you lose just as much weight when you went to judd only?
Yup and was in a way better mood when I added the carbs back. LC made me grumpy and I felt totally deprived. I NEVER feel deprived on JUDDD.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #584
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,476
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I would like to try gluc powder too. I am going to look for it tomorrow!
Let me know where you find it/get it from. I have been on the search for a long, long time. I may have to break down and get it online. I really want some for my DD. She has type 1 diabetes and I learned about the gluc benefits for her from a book about diabetes. Now that my DD should have it, I can justify buying it. But if you get it local.......even better
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #585
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,492
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I will let you know, Dawn. I have hopes that The Healthy Food Store here in Florence has some. I can't imagine that you couldn't find it at a health food store in Irmo, or Columbia! If you can't, I doubt I can. I will check tomorrow and let you know.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #586
Junior LCF Member
 
Civil69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Gallery: Civil69
Stats: 215/135/120
WOE: Gonna try JUDDD
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Let me know where you find it/get it from. I have been on the search for a long, long time. I may have to break down and get it online. I really want some for my DD. She has type 1 diabetes and I learned about the gluc benefits for her from a book about diabetes. Now that my DD should have it, I can justify buying it. But if you get it local.......even better
Most nutrition stores carry it...at least in Canada they do...it was 21.99 CAD for caps and 41.99 for powder...I went with powder cuz it took 5 caps to get the equivalent of on small scoop of powder....but I will say stuffed as a tick as a result of adding it to my yogurt....
Civil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #587
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,476
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil69 View Post
Most nutrition stores carry it...at least in Canada they do...it was 21.99 CAD for caps and 41.99 for powder...I went with powder cuz it took 5 caps to get the equivalent of on small scoop of powder....but I will say stuffed as a tick as a result of adding it to my yogurt....
I cannot find it here I am still on the lookout though. I want to go to Whole Foods next week (mine is a good 30 min drive for me). And I haven't seen it at Vitamin Shoppe, Earth Fare either. Then again, I might not be looking/searching in the right section
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Librarygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 8,492
Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 135 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Dawn, try local health food stores. I know it's not available at GNC, and probably not at the Vitamin Shoppe either. I wouldn't expect Whole Foods to have it either, as it's (the grocery store) primarily for the "general public". Your best bet is a local health food store, which is where I will search tomorrow.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #589
Junior LCF Member
 
Civil69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Gallery: Civil69
Stats: 215/135/120
WOE: Gonna try JUDDD
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
I cannot find it here I am still on the lookout though. I want to go to Whole Foods next week (mine is a good 30 min drive for me). And I haven't seen it at Vitamin Shoppe, Earth Fare either. Then again, I might not be looking/searching in the right section
Dunno, but I heard the powder form of PGX is the same as Glucomannan....but cannot confirm
Civil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #590
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Well. That certainly answers my question! Thanks for the detailed explanation, Berta! I hope to see you posting often in the JUDDD forums. again!

ETA: My bf's aunt has lost 78 lbs doing Omni (hcg). She lost it in less than 6 months!!!! As far as I know, she has kept it off since May 2012. I thought it was a gimmick and even asked her if she had weight-loss surgery! LOL, no, it does work.
Also I forgot.No mixing the veggies. It's really the pits!No oil, butter or anything at all! Vinegar & water
I'm JUDDD ready.If I can stick to that for nearly a year, I am pretty confident I can stick with JUDDD!
Yes it does work as my daughter lost over 100lbs in less than a year.That is how I heard of it.But I just can't seem to stick with it any longer.
I want some taters and different veggies, the taters now and then like on Sunday. But also I like toast for breakfast.Breakfast is my favorite meal and you don't get it with PH2.At least on the 500 cal with this plan I can at least have tomatoes & cucumber in my salad along with some celery and boiled egg! I'm just ready for a change!

Last edited by Berta48; 02-01-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #591
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Let me know where you find it/get it from. I have been on the search for a long, long time. I may have to break down and get it online. I really want some for my DD. She has type 1 diabetes and I learned about the gluc benefits for her from a book about diabetes. Now that my DD should have it, I can justify buying it. But if you get it local.......even better
Dawn
I think Netrition sells it???
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #592
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Roberta! Yes, this plan REALLY works. In just under 5 months I've lost 39 pounds, so averaging just under 8 pounds a month. Some months a little less, some more. I lost 9 pounds in December (if you can believe that, and I ate all the holiday treats I wanted!) I'm like Carly, I hate MDs. They are hard psychologically somehow, make me uncomfortable, so I just stick to rotations. If I need to switch, I'll do 2 UDs in a row, but I don't do that often at all. Good luck to you, and keep posting. I can't wait to see how you like it!



Right on C! The first few are tough, but they really do get nice. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!



Teri! I started doing JUDDD using Induction carbs too, and lost pretty quickly the first month - about 11 pounds. I've since added more carbs but try not to eat too much flour, rice, pasta, sugar. A little yes, but I keep it in control. Most of my carbs now come from fruit or higher carb veggies. So if you don't like low carb, don't worry about it! JUDDD won't care as long as your calories are in line. I hope you will try JUDDD - it will change your life. Let us know what you decide and what you think. This forum is really the BEST place!



KGP, as I said above, you're doing exactly what I did when I first started. I still love low carb. My body feels so great when I limit carbs. It just loves protein and fat!

Glad to have you girls aboard!
Low Carb Gal
39 lbs in 5 months thats great.More than I've lost in almost a year on HCG!
I may just have to pitch the HCG and start on Monday. Do you start with a DD or UD. Like I posted I need Sun & Fridays to be UDs.
Can you do 2 DD in a row like you can 2 UD?
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member
 
Shari4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Posts: 970
Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200(190)/140.4(181)/140 64yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I'm just popping in the say to all the newbies!! I look forward to reading more of your posts & getting to know you.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #594
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 12,464
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Let me know where you find it/get it from. I have been on the search for a long, long time. I may have to break down and get it online. I really want some for my DD. She has type 1 diabetes and I learned about the gluc benefits for her from a book about diabetes. Now that my DD should have it, I can justify buying it. But if you get it local.......even better
I got capsules at Walgreen's or CVS, somewhere like that. I got the loose, bagged stuff from Netrition.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,323
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Low Carb Gal
39 lbs in 5 months thats great.More than I've lost in almost a year on HCG!
I may just have to pitch the HCG and start on Monday. Do you start with a DD or UD. Like I posted I need Sun & Fridays to be UDs.
Can you do 2 DD in a row like you can 2 UD?
Well, I count my start date as 9/4/12 and it was a DD, but it followed a very UP Labor Day Weekend where I ate low carb, but quite a lot. I was well-fueled going into my first DD, you might say! Since you are already restricting, I would definitely start with an UD, eat until you're well satisfied, and then your first DD will not be quite so hard.

Some people do 2 DDs in a row, but I haven't ever. I have done 2 UDs a few times to switch my rotations. I wouldn't do either of those things on a weekly basis while you're first starting out, just so you can see what true rotations can do for you, but you have to live your life too. You may be absolutely fine sticking a MD in there once a week to have your Fridays and Sundays as UDs. MD is a midway day. You can get the calories by using 60% on Dr Johnson's calculator.
__________________
~~~LCG aka Carol~~~

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #596
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berta48 View Post
Dawn
I think Netrition sells it???
Yup- they do and their orders ship really, really fast. My stuff is usually here inside 4 days.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #597
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I would advise against 2 DDs until you are really use to rotations and really know your body well on juddd. I've never done it, but almost did the other night since it was UD and 9pm and I had not eaten yet, but ended up having enough to eat before 10:30pm to make it a low UD. Again, it's not recommended and for some this could really stress the body.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #598
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Well, I count my start date as 9/4/12 and it was a DD, but it followed a very UP Labor Day Weekend where I ate low carb, but quite a lot. I was well-fueled going into my first DD, you might say! Since you are already restricting, I would definitely start with an UD, eat until you're well satisfied, and then your first DD will not be quite so hard.

Some people do 2 DDs in a row, but I haven't ever. I have done 2 UDs a few times to switch my rotations. I wouldn't do either of those things on a weekly basis while you're first starting out, just so you can see what true rotations can do for you, but you have to live your life too. You may be absolutely fine sticking a MD in there once a week to have your Fridays and Sundays as UDs. MD is a midway day. You can get the calories by using 60% on Dr Johnson's calculator.
Thank you,
I don't think my dd will be hard on me at all. They may be, but just knowing I can actually have a decent salad with real dressing on it or a big ol bowl of homemade soup with crackers just trips my trigger to no end. I can't seem to get the emotion cons to work for me???

I keep thinking I can even have chicken with Panko bread crumbs baked in the oven. I always remove the skin first but then roll it in egg beaters and flour and the crumbs oh my goodness it is so good.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #599
Berta48
 
Berta48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MO
Posts: 7,711
Gallery: Berta48
Stats: Low Carb/temp goal239.8 10lbs @ time)
WOE: Low Carb Style 10 lbs at a time!
Start Date: April 16th, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I would advise against 2 DDs until you are really use to rotations and really know your body well on juddd. I've never done it, but almost did the other night since it was UD and 9pm and I had not eaten yet, but ended up having enough to eat before 10:30pm to make it a low UD. Again, it's not recommended and for some this could really stress the body.
Thanks Carly,
I did loose 1lb this a.m. but don't know how as we had noodles with meatballs in a sauce(I think it was cream of mushroom soup) and french bread, salad and peas for supper last night, then key lime pie with pecan nut crust.We ate at friends.

But I will try to do the first 2 weeks as close to protocol as possible. Sundays I can have a chef salad when we go out. I really don't think I will eat the full 2072 cal on my UD but then there will be days when I am sure I will.
IS the 25% ok to stsart with or should I go to the 20% with it I was only allowed 417 cal on DD.That's pretty sparse.
Berta48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,980
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The first 2 weeks (7 DDs) can be 500. Then if you can try to go to the 20% number for DDs or work toward it. Some people can always stay at 500 DDs. I would not have been so successful with DDs at 500, but other people are. So you may just need to experiment. I can only say what has worked for me and that has been DDs that never exceeded my 20% level depending on current weight.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.