Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #451
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilybell
Stats: 192/181/150
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 2, 2013
thank you for the welcome. first DD done. I will be going to bed hungry, but for the most part it was pretty painless....

looking forward to a bowl of oatmeal with apples and cinnamon in the morning!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #452
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: energygal
Stats: 183/168.6/140
WOE: JUDD w/Hypothyroidism
Start Date: January 14, 2013
Thanks I will try for dinner tomorrow. Enjoy your UD tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #453
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Laura and Lilybell!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello I am here trying JUDDD for the first time. I have previosly done atkins had great success with it, started to get bored with my food selections and has wound up here. I am going to give this a good 2 weeks. My Numbers I got from the calculator are UD# 2078 DD # 520 This was at 25% calculation. So far this is what I have had. Yesterday was a DD. This is what I had.....Let me know what you think.

Ok so by my calculations I am at 579 for my first DD.
Atkins shake (160)
3 onion rings from kids lunch ( 90)
sugar free jello (10)
2 tbsp of redi whip (15)

Going to chug some water and then have some beef stew in stroganoff sauce.
1/2 cup of beef stew (203)
3 green pepper slices
1 tbsp of ranch dip

Today I have had....

Atkins shake (160)
Plain bagel with butter (372)
no bake cookie (102)
1 and 1/2 pizza hut breadstick with cheese with sauce (315)
949 so far..... 1129 left.

Dinner is going to be
garden salad with french dressing (190)
and a 3 oz piece of pizza bake. (409 according fitnesspal recipe builder)

Do I really have 503 calories left for the day!!!! WOW What am I going to eat after dinner????

Last edited by Happy2be; 01-16-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #455
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Happy2Be!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks. how does my menu look?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #457
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
The beauty of JUDDD is that your menu can be whatever you want it to be as long as it's within (or close to) your calorie numbers. It all looks good to me, though, and much healthier than my choices would have been.

If you find you need more calories, you can always add healthy fats to your diet for little bulk with lots of calories (butter, coconut oil, avocado, nuts, nut butters, etc.) Or, you could do what I do, and make up the difference in wine and/or chocolate.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
hairy_mom, energygal, auroralaura, lillybell and Happy2Be.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #459

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Melanie and all other Newbies, I have house guests but just popping in to say hi.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Happy2be!!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alison
Stats: -169.5-/-157.5-/-98-
Start Date: 01/11/2013
Hi, I'm Alison and I'm new here. I found this forum by searching JUDDD and I love that it's so active!

I'm 33, a newlywed and, well, obese. I've been on a rollercoaster of diets and most of them have been hellish to stick to. I keep the thought of "I will be thinner" in the back of my mind, but my stupid cravings and "Oh, I'll try again tomorrow" decide to take over, and I always fail.

Lately I've been so stressed about my weight, just overwhelmed more than usual. It started a couple weeks before the holidays, when my husband and I had tons of shows booked (we have our own small business) and the fact that I have been in flux with my weight and out-of-shapeness made me extra tired when carrying our displays and products into each venue, and loading out each time. /sigh

I started by cutting out soda on December 1st, and subsequently lost 4 lbs, then starting with my usual restriction which is so easy for me to do, I lost another 3-4 lbs.

One night, in a fit of insomnia, I was playing on my phone while my husband slept, and found some articles on IF. I was like, what the...? And read... and read... and read...! The next day, I watched the BBC documentary, and convinced my husband this is what we need to do. (He's not overweight or obese, not a stick but on the high end of medium) He, of course, is super supportive. He looked into it a bit, and decided to jump on board with me.

We started the next day (January 11th) and have been quite good at the UD/DD thing.

I fluctuated a pound, but now I am officially 8 lbs down total since December 1st. I hope that this actually keeps my weight steadily declining, because I really get overjoyed when the number on the scale is less and less.

I'm doing mini goals right now, I know that a 71.5 lb loss is a huge undertaking, so I'm going in 10% increments. My goal for April 1st is 10% of my start weight, so I should hopefully be at 152.5 by then.

My SW was 169.5, CW is 161.5, GW is 98
I'm 4'11" and am small-medium boned.

Obviously 169.5 is NOT a healthy weight for me to be at, and neither is 161.5, but I am working on it. I feel good doing the UD/DD and the fact that I can still go out to eat and not have to /always/ get a salad with no bread and no dressing is kinda cool. I just tweak my schedule around the days and go from there. Love it!

Sorry for writing a novel here. I hope I can meet some awesome people and have some friendships here. Everyone seems pretty cool (as much as I've been lurking haha)
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #462

Welcome Alison, you tiny thing you! I feel almost guilty nearing goal at 165! Almost. I think you'll love it here. We are awesome, if I do say so myself!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #463
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello I am here trying JUDDD for the first time. I have previosly done atkins had great success with it, started to get bored with my food selections and has wound up here. I am going to give this a good 2 weeks. My Numbers I got from the calculator are UD# 2078 DD # 520 This was at 25% calculation. So far this is what I have had. Yesterday was a DD. This is what I had.....Let me know what you think.

Ok so by my calculations I am at 579 for my first DD.
Atkins shake (160)
3 onion rings from kids lunch ( 90)
sugar free jello (10)
2 tbsp of redi whip (15)

Going to chug some water and then have some beef stew in stroganoff sauce.
1/2 cup of beef stew (203)
3 green pepper slices
1 tbsp of ranch dip

Today I have had....

Atkins shake (160)
Plain bagel with butter (372)
no bake cookie (102)
1 and 1/2 pizza hut breadstick with cheese with sauce (315)
949 so far..... 1129 left.

Dinner is going to be
garden salad with french dressing (190)
and a 3 oz piece of pizza bake. (409 according fitnesspal recipe builder)

Do I really have 503 calories left for the day!!!! WOW What am I going to eat after dinner????
Your menu looks great! Dawn has some good suggestions too. Please post in the JUDDD daily weigh for January, if you like. It's a great way to calculate your progress! Look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #464
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Hi, I'm Alison and I'm new here. I found this forum by searching JUDDD and I love that it's so active!

I'm 33, a newlywed and, well, obese. I've been on a rollercoaster of diets and most of them have been hellish to stick to. I keep the thought of "I will be thinner" in the back of my mind, but my stupid cravings and "Oh, I'll try again tomorrow" decide to take over, and I always fail.

Lately I've been so stressed about my weight, just overwhelmed more than usual. It started a couple weeks before the holidays, when my husband and I had tons of shows booked (we have our own small business) and the fact that I have been in flux with my weight and out-of-shapeness made me extra tired when carrying our displays and products into each venue, and loading out each time. /sigh

I started by cutting out soda on December 1st, and subsequently lost 4 lbs, then starting with my usual restriction which is so easy for me to do, I lost another 3-4 lbs.

One night, in a fit of insomnia, I was playing on my phone while my husband slept, and found some articles on IF. I was like, what the...? And read... and read... and read...! The next day, I watched the BBC documentary, and convinced my husband this is what we need to do. (He's not overweight or obese, not a stick but on the high end of medium) He, of course, is super supportive. He looked into it a bit, and decided to jump on board with me.

We started the next day (January 11th) and have been quite good at the UD/DD thing.

I fluctuated a pound, but now I am officially 8 lbs down total since December 1st. I hope that this actually keeps my weight steadily declining, because I really get overjoyed when the number on the scale is less and less.

I'm doing mini goals right now, I know that a 71.5 lb loss is a huge undertaking, so I'm going in 10% increments. My goal for April 1st is 10% of my start weight, so I should hopefully be at 152.5 by then.

My SW was 169.5, CW is 161.5, GW is 98
I'm 4'11" and am small-medium boned.

Obviously 169.5 is NOT a healthy weight for me to be at, and neither is 161.5, but I am working on it. I feel good doing the UD/DD and the fact that I can still go out to eat and not have to /always/ get a salad with no bread and no dressing is kinda cool. I just tweak my schedule around the days and go from there. Love it!

Sorry for writing a novel here. I hope I can meet some awesome people and have some friendships here. Everyone seems pretty cool (as much as I've been lurking haha)
Allison!!! You sound like a seasoned JUDDDer already! I predict I'll be asking you for pointers. Jump right in, the water's fine! (the daily weigh-in thread for January is a nice place to start posting, if you are interested)
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome to the Newbies. The trick is to stick with it and not get discouraged by bounces. Each day is a new day. You dont have to tell yourself you have failed. You haven't. Just get back to your rotation and keep on going!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Dawn & Cindy!

Dawn - I am friends with you on another site, actually your diary was the thing that cinched it for me to START this JUDDD thing in the first place! So I have you to thank! (THANK YOU!!)

Cindy - I have a long history of disordered eating, so I guess I "know" how to do low cal days easily. However, I love the up and down thing that JUDDD does -- it breaks me out of my cycle of ALWAYS restricting and I'm hoping it will end that "I can't lose more than 12 lbs easily" thing!!

I'm also wary of diets that "only" allow me to have candy 1x per week or 2x per month... I love my Twizzlers! >.<
Old 01-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Allison, interestingly, I've never had an eating disorder, other than gaining 70 lbs and not being able to lose it, lol. I didn't have a weight problem until I reached my late 30s, and although I did low fat diets in my 20s and exercised religously back then, I never had a "real" weight problem. When I gained all this weight, I didn't want to count calories or exercise, for once in my life (turned into 10 years+) and this is the result. But, I get what you're saying...and no, I have never restricted calories much, not nearly to this extent until JUDDD. It makes it harder, but it's a learning experience.

ETA: When I say I never had a 'real' weight problem, I "thought" I was heavy at 130 lbs (with clothes), and was trying desperately to be 115 lbs. The only time I've weighed less than 120 lbs was when I went through some major stress in my late 20's and got down to 113 lbs. I did love being that weight, but it was not sustainable.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 01-16-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #468
Senior LCF Member

Cindy, I hear you there. I wasn't overweight as a teenager but always felt something inside of me want to be smaller and smaller, and it was between friends complimenting me on my small size and never feeling that I could control anything BUT my intake. My parents were super strict and overbearing on me (but not on my younger sister, go figure, lol)

I wound up in IP twice in my younger teens and after having a rocky 20's with substance abuse, I just kinda "woke up" one day, quit my horrible job, put myself back in college in 2006, and quit all of the substances that I used to use and abuse.

This caused me to be MUCH healthier in some ways, but my weight just crept up and up and up! I went from 125 to 165 in like 3 years. No me gusta.

So then I tried several ways to get my weight back DOWN, and unfortunately the only thing that was really doing the trick was restricting hardcore. I can't fast completely (I get really dizzy and nauseous) so just keeping my cals super low helped the number on the scale go down. But then they stopped once I hit like 152-ish. For weeks. I was devastated, because I couldn't go much lower in cals than I already was without making myself nauseous/dizzy every day and unable to function at work. So I just went back to eating "normal". Weight went back up. Cue depression.

Two summers ago, in 2011, I lost weight by spending two weeks at Body Mind Retreats in Ithaca NY. It's an immersion retreat where you eat nothing but raw vegan food, prepared by them. Everything is low fat, high carb raw vegan. Never in my life have I wanted french fries as badly as I did those two weeks. Lost 11 lbs, gained it back 4 months later. :/

Before my wedding (6/12) for a couple months, I was super strict vegan. Like not even honey, non-certified vegan white flour, sugar, etc... I was crushed when I had lost only ONE pound by my wedding day. Absolutely crushed.

Then the Holiday season was upon us, we were super busy, eating like crap (more often than not was one meal per day of fast food or tinned soups/crackers/sweets) - I was a hot mess.

Then December 1st I started this no-soda thing with one of my friends - though he went from a 2 litre of soda to 8-12 oz per day, pretty good, I think! and then that's where my recent-ish story begins.

Now I'm 8 lbs down and hoping to stay on this downward rollercoaster, no more up rollercoaster! Or maybe this should be like downhill skiing? Yes. You can't ski uphill.

Last edited by Alison; 01-16-2013 at 07:37 PM..
Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: zagnut
Stats: 143/119/118
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/24/12-LC 12/1/12-LC JUDDD
Welcome Alison and Happy2Be You guys sound like you are off to a good start already! Good luck to you and I know you'll love JUDDDing!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning!!!

So far so good this morning. Fingers are a little puffy today so need to chug a lug until my eyes are floating. Just drank a cup of coffee with 2 tbsp half and half and 2 tbsp sugar free caramel syrup and tsp of splenda.
Only thing that had calories was the half and half so 35 cals in on my 2nd DD.

I plan on drinking water for most of the day. I'm not hungry yet. I ate late last night not because I wanted to but because my parents came over and for some reason I didn't feel like eating while they were here and then by the time they left it was time to put the kids to bed and then after that I ate. I contemplated not eating at all last night because have you ever just went so long that the hunger goes away. Thats how I felt last night. But if I hadn't ate I would have just been at 1029 for my first real UD. Did I do the right thing by eating late or what? Is there a cut off that you shouldn't eat past??
Old 01-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
WELCOME ALL
Yummy Melanie ur menu is beautiful.
I love bell peppers myself, the not greens are my favorite, so much flavor and no calories might as well say.
I usually don't look at peoples journals, but did yours (?)
You are beautiful at any weight.
It's our health that matters most. The goals to be lighter to get to do fun things. Not sit on the side lines, booringgg.
And to raise our children, enjoy grandchildren, nephews, nieces, neighbors, strangers, smile. It's endless!
I take one day, one minute at a time. Do something good for yourself first by getting healthy, then also you will be helping others. Terri
Old 01-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #472

Cool Alison! Glad you're here!

Happy, there's no cut-off time. You did fine.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Melanie! You're doing great on your first days, and your menu looks fine. It can't be wrong as a matter of fact. It's all about the calories (and your own metabolism too). You'll learn so much about your body doing JUDDD.

Alison! You've come to the right place. This WOE is so freeing. It feels good to be in total control on DDs, and it also feels good to eat things you want on UDs.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Alison!! Your'e really gonna like it here!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Cool Alison! Glad you're here!

Happy, there's no cut-off time. You did fine.
YAY!!! Glad to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eieio View Post
WELCOME ALL
Yummy Melanie ur menu is beautiful.
I love bell peppers myself, the not greens are my favorite, so much flavor and no calories might as well say.
I usually don't look at peoples journals, but did yours (?)
You are beautiful at any weight.
It's our health that matters most. The goals to be lighter to get to do fun things. Not sit on the side lines, booringgg.
And to raise our children, enjoy grandchildren, nephews, nieces, neighbors, strangers, smile. It's endless!
I take one day, one minute at a time. Do something good for yourself first by getting healthy, then also you will be helping others. Terri
Thanks for stopping by my journal. It sure is all about getting off the sidelines and being healthy and happy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Melanie! You're doing great on your first days, and your menu looks fine. It can't be wrong as a matter of fact. It's all about the calories (and your own metabolism too). You'll learn so much about your body doing JUDDD.

Alison! You've come to the right place. This WOE is so freeing. It feels good to be in total control on DDs, and it also feels good to eat things you want on UDs.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to the learning, and seeing how i do?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome Melanie and Alison!
I'm a very tall 5'2" so I understand that being in the 160's is not an ideal weight for you Alison. As you see I was tremendously overweight before JUDDD, but this WOE has been life transforming for me. I hope you guys love it here!!!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Hi Carly, I saw your before & after photos - wow! I'm also pretty psyched because we're around the same height (give or take a little), age (give or take a little) and location. Are you upstate or downstate? Right now I'm upstate, in the snow! Brrrr!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #478

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Alison, you will do great with this, and it is wonderful that your new DH is joining you for his health.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #479
Junior LCF Member

Day 4 update

Happy to report... day 4 on JUDDD and lost 2.5 lbs. That's amazing for me because my hypothyroidism makes it hard to lose anything. I will definitely keep going.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Wow, I'm really behind over here. Lots of new peeps! Welcome everyone! You guys sound like you're doing amazing already!
Closed Thread