Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   MsSarge having surgery today (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788545-mssarge-having-surgery-today.html)

Kissa 11-05-2012 01:59 PM

MsSarge having surgery today

Mary, hope your cataract op goes without incident today.

I'll be thinking of you.:hugs:

Luv2Eat 11-05-2012 02:07 PM

Mary, you're in my thoughts and :aprayer:

jacci48 11-05-2012 02:08 PM

Thinking of you too.....xx

KeirasMom 11-05-2012 02:16 PM

Sending all my healing thoughts! Be gentle with yourself over the next few days. :hugs:

cici52 11-05-2012 02:20 PM

Ditto to all above. Be patient with the healing process. Some docs, understate the time but everything I have heard is happy endings.

Joyjoy 11-05-2012 02:59 PM

:heart::heart::heart:

Carly 11-05-2012 03:01 PM

Hope your on your way to a speedy recovery!:hugs:

stephdray 11-05-2012 04:01 PM

Hugs!

HomeWorkerMT 11-05-2012 05:15 PM

Hope you have a quick recovery! And hope you don't realize you made a purchase in the last few months that was ENTIRELY not the color you thought it was!! LOL!! My mother had bought a car she thought was dark burgundy but after her cataract surgery, she realized it was candy-apple red! Plus, the day before her surgery, she went and had her nails done with her granddaughter. She did not realize until AFTER her surgery that she had on lime green nail polish! LOL! :hyst:

I am sure you will do fine with your surgery!! :hugs:

TryingJudd 11-05-2012 05:52 PM

Sending good thoughts!!!

Whitlin' 11-05-2012 06:56 PM

All best wishes to you, Mary! Hope everybody treats you like a queen for a little while and you heal beautifully.

Thanks for the thread, Cindy!

angie1 11-06-2012 04:03 AM

Wishing you a quick recovery !!! :):heart:

Flossyliz 11-06-2012 04:20 AM

Mary, I hope the op is a spectocular success and you recover in no time. :heart:

zipp2play 11-06-2012 05:14 AM

Thinking of you!

HellInYourEyes 11-06-2012 05:28 AM

Best wishes!

sunday 11-06-2012 05:49 AM

:hugs::aprayer:

LoCarbGal 11-06-2012 07:42 AM

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way, Mary! Speedy recovery to you! :hugs:

Saxy1971 11-06-2012 07:47 AM

Hope all went well! My mom just had one eye done, and will get the other one in a couple months.... :)

b_lou_who 11-06-2012 01:20 PM

Has anyone heard an update?

Kissa 11-07-2012 04:20 AM

Waiting for news....

Shari4 11-07-2012 11:25 AM

How are you doing Mary? Hoping for an update soon!:hugs:

Mssarge 11-07-2012 01:37 PM

Wow!!!! :heart::hugs::heart::hugs: Thanks for all the kind thoughts and wishes...what a surprise, but it shouldn't be from all the JB's everywhere...Wow!!

Well, it may be am easy procedure from some and everyone I talked with seems to think it is...BUT....my 30-minute procedure turned into a three-hour ordeal and it looks more like a three-day ordeal, Apparently, once the doc got into the procedure, he discovered my cataract was muuuuuuuch tougher than normal..thicker and harder. It wouldn't break up, and was so dense was clogging the suction device that cleans it out once it is broken...then, once they did get it out (I wound up having three doctors working on the eye), the setting for the lens was so distorted they had a one-hour placement issue before they finally got it in place....whew! three hours of laying there looking at a bright light.

They ran out of several meds and had to keep replenishing the supply. Because they used so much of one of them that increases the pressure inside the eyeball..normal pressure is about 10-12 whatevers...mine was 47 overnight and the pain on a scale of 1-10...was at least an 11...I was thinking of going into the er it hurt so much...so back this morning and spent the day relieving some of the pressure and it was down to 37 when I left, with a ton of more medications to try to lower it further overnight...plus the four drops for normal surgeries...and back tomorrow to see if it's working.

The big news is, tho', a couple chunks of the cataract fell into the back of the eye, so next week a retinal doc will have to perform surgery to take them out...I say again,,, whew!...Has not been fun.

Thanks again for all you thoughts and prayers...keep 'em coming, I think I'm gonna need 'em. Msybe I'll be able to see out of it soon...right now all I see is a big white blob...(typing is a b*tch...good thing it comes second nature to a steno) Don't know when I'll be back...but again thanks for the hugs and I'm sending 'em right back...:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kissa 11-07-2012 01:48 PM

:eek: I am so sorry, and indeed shocked, to read what a traumatic time you had. It really does sound like a nightmare. Hopefully you will get it all sorted, but I am so sorry that you will need more surgery.

:console::console::console:

Drop by when you can.

Carly 11-07-2012 01:51 PM

:hugs::hugs::hugs:x10!
What an ordeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please take care of yourself!!!!!
I'm sending prayers right now!

KeirasMom 11-07-2012 02:10 PM

Oh dear! I'm SO sorry you have all this to deal with. :hugs:

TryingJudd 11-07-2012 05:45 PM

wow - hope this gets cleared up and behind you soon. sending good thoughts!

Shari4 11-07-2012 06:32 PM

Well for crying out loud!!! How awful for you, Mary! I hope they can get the pieces of cataract out without another big ordeal for you to go thru. I'm surprised with all of that, that they didn't keep you in the hospital......for observation if nothing else!

Take care & keep us posted! :console:

LoCarbGal 11-07-2012 10:03 PM

Oh Mary, what an ordeal! I'm so sorry it wasn't easy for you. But just like that darn ol' cataract, you are tough! I hope this next surgery is successful and much less painful than the first. Sending :aprayer: & :hugs:.

cici52 11-08-2012 05:21 AM

Praying for your quick healing and your doctor's to clean up all remaining issues without further trauma.

Mssarge 11-09-2012 06:51 PM

Hey guys will try to post to a note to let you know I'm still on this side of the grass...just resting, relaxing, trying to see a little TV, and putting drops in my eyes. I have eight containers that are going in every four hour hours, pills I'm taking twice a day and a thick goopy ointment that goes in the eye last thing at night. I have one drop that is put in every hour...and I still can't see a thing out of the right eye...actually I'm starting to see shadows and light and a bit of definitions so something is coming through.

The doc will be checking the eye pressure on Monday, which is a holiday at the Va, but he's coming in special just to check my eye as he says I'm out of normal and went into the special mode. We have the retinal surgery scheduled for Tuesday, so that should take care of the chunks..although I understand there is a about a 10% chance they will dissolve by themselves....and I can just see that happening.

Like I said, not doing much, napping a lot, watching a bit of TV when there's sumpin on...and freezin' my b*tt off...cold, rainy, windy and staying under the blankies when I can. I've lost five pounds this week so it's good for something...back when I can...until then, y'all take care...