Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Question For Adi

Adi, in looking at your stats, if I have it right, you've lost weight a number of times - Atkins, Rice Diet, My Way, and something else I can't remember.
Would you care to tell us how Juddd is different for you?
I wondered, for instance, about whether muscle mass is preserved differently with JUDDD than with your other experiences, and whether you feel healthier (or not) in any other ways.
I thought we all might learn from this. If this isn't appropriate, let me know and I'll delete this.
You just look so unbelievably radiant in your photo that I had to ask.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I did the best on Lean for Life but I only did that diet at 50% fat not the ultra lowfat it asks for. The Rice Diet works but it only allows meat (really fish) one day a week after you reach that step. Didn't make sense to be almost vegetarian with a full freezer of beef and pork.
I have no idea about muscle mass versus lean. I am the lowest I have been since before DH was born 23 years ago but I still have fat around my waist and my upper arms and legs. I did not have that when I lost with Lean for Life. I am larger than I was at 144 years ago. I was wearing size 6 at that weight. I am wearing 8's now.
I do need to start exercising.
BUT I find JUDDD to be an easy way to lose although very slowly and to maintain. I was a vendor at a craft show this past weekend and I ate at the concession stand Sunday. Delicious hamburger with chips. Then I had pineapple coconut cake and two cookies from their dessert table. I had peanut butter and homemade marmalade (with sugar) that I bought at the show on rice cakes for dinner. I am up a pound today. And it is a DD so it will be gone tomorrow. On Atkins I would be up 6-8 pounds and bloagted. I am fine today even after my food choices yesterday.
I have loads of energy now and bounce around and get things done quickly. I do take pterostilbene so not sure if the energy claims of that supplement is kicking in or just JUDDD.
When I did the Rice Diet I would reach the point where I was craving fat or any kind and I think my skin was drier although I don't really have dry skin problems. On JUDDD I don't have the cravings and huge weight gains like I did on LC.
I have tried LFL, Atkins, and the Rice Diet in combination with JUDDD and it is too much. Plain calorie counting and eating anything as long as the calories work is what works best for me. Simple is better.
JUDD is doable for life whereas the other plans I have used successfully to lose weight were not sustainable for me to maintain. I reached the deprivation point where I just gave up since I love ice cream (and not the LC variety) as well as watermelons and cantaloupes from the garden. Now I can have all of that and still lose and maintain. Just every other day.
Not sure if I answered anything but there it is.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Adi, thanks. I appreciate it, particularly being menopausal and wanting a sustainable and energetic WOE. Just wanted to learn from your experiments.
Glad to hear the craft fair was good. Happy bluebelling.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks for all that info, Adi. It's really interesting to me to compare different plans and what their advantages and drawbacks are. And thanks for asking that great question, Kristin.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Great question.. and an even greater responce. I am happy to hear how others found there way here and how it was differnt than whats worked before, so bravo to this thread~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Thank you for the interesting conversation, Adi and JoyJoy (is your hubby HappyHappy?).
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Great question and great answer.

I love these boards.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thanks Kristen and Adi!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: girl81
Stats: past/100/healthy
WOE: unprocessed
Aldi,
I read in a previous July post by you that you eliminated all but 1t coconut oil and your weight started dropping again. I was wondering if you could please tell me, how much were you taking daily before you decreased it?
Thank you
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I am finding that I'm not making as healthy of food choices as I did while LCing, although I did purposely eat a lot of fat then. I also ate more vegetables and of course, no sugar. Now, I'm eating lots of sugary stuff on UD''s and need to find better ways to get in my calories because I'm worried that I'm getting addicted to carbs again. I can reign it in, with effort. I need to keep a journal and plan my UD's as carefully as my DD's in order to lose weight successfully and healthfully.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
Aldi,
I read in a previous July post by you that you eliminated all but 1t coconut oil and your weight started dropping again. I was wondering if you could please tell me, how much were you taking daily before you decreased it?
Thank you
I was eating the coconut oil in the coconut bark and not really sure how much I was eating daily.
The 1 t was what I used to cook my morning eggs. I quit coconut bark completely and that helped my weight loss. Those calories do count for some folks.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
I am finding that I'm not making as healthy of food choices as I did while LCing, although I did purposely eat a lot of fat then. I also ate more vegetables and of course, no sugar. Now, I'm eating lots of sugary stuff on UD''s and need to find better ways to get in my calories because I'm worried that I'm getting addicted to carbs again. I can reign it in, with effort. I need to keep a journal and plan my UD's as carefully as my DD's in order to lose weight successfully and healthfully.
LG, I think you'll find that you will naturally trend towards more veggies and even some fruit, over time. The novelty of being able to eat things we couldn't for so long on LC is normal, but I don't think your tastebuds, or your body, will continue to crave that stuff indefinitely. I've been afraid of getting re-hooked on sugar, and have had very little since starting JUDDD, but I am adding it back slowly (not so slowly these past couple of days! ) and am adjusting just fine.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote