Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Question For Adi (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/788491-question-adi.html)

Joyjoy 11-05-2012 04:10 AM

Question For Adi

Adi, in looking at your stats, if I have it right, you've lost weight a number of times - Atkins, Rice Diet, My Way, and something else I can't remember.
Would you care to tell us how Juddd is different for you?
I wondered, for instance, about whether muscle mass is preserved differently with JUDDD than with your other experiences, and whether you feel healthier (or not) in any other ways.
I thought we all might learn from this. If this isn't appropriate, let me know and I'll delete this.
You just look so unbelievably radiant in your photo that I had to ask. :):heart:

adillenal 11-05-2012 04:40 AM

I did the best on Lean for Life but I only did that diet at 50% fat not the ultra lowfat it asks for. The Rice Diet works but it only allows meat (really fish) one day a week after you reach that step. Didn't make sense to be almost vegetarian with a full freezer of beef and pork.
I have no idea about muscle mass versus lean. I am the lowest I have been since before DH was born 23 years ago but I still have fat around my waist and my upper arms and legs. I did not have that when I lost with Lean for Life. I am larger than I was at 144 years ago. I was wearing size 6 at that weight. I am wearing 8's now.
I do need to start exercising.
BUT I find JUDDD to be an easy way to lose although very slowly and to maintain. I was a vendor at a craft show this past weekend and I ate at the concession stand Sunday. Delicious hamburger with chips. Then I had pineapple coconut cake and two cookies from their dessert table. I had peanut butter and homemade marmalade (with sugar) that I bought at the show on rice cakes for dinner. I am up a pound today. And it is a DD so it will be gone tomorrow. On Atkins I would be up 6-8 pounds and bloagted. I am fine today even after my food choices yesterday.
I have loads of energy now and bounce around and get things done quickly. I do take pterostilbene so not sure if the energy claims of that supplement is kicking in or just JUDDD.
When I did the Rice Diet I would reach the point where I was craving fat or any kind and I think my skin was drier although I don't really have dry skin problems. On JUDDD I don't have the cravings and huge weight gains like I did on LC.
I have tried LFL, Atkins, and the Rice Diet in combination with JUDDD and it is too much. Plain calorie counting and eating anything as long as the calories work is what works best for me. Simple is better.
JUDD is doable for life whereas the other plans I have used successfully to lose weight were not sustainable for me to maintain. I reached the deprivation point where I just gave up since I love ice cream (and not the LC variety) as well as watermelons and cantaloupes from the garden. Now I can have all of that and still lose and maintain. Just every other day.
Not sure if I answered anything but there it is.

Joyjoy 11-05-2012 04:44 AM

Adi, thanks. I appreciate it, particularly being menopausal and wanting a sustainable and energetic WOE. Just wanted to learn from your experiments.
Glad to hear the craft fair was good. Happy bluebelling. :):heart:

LoCarbGal 11-05-2012 06:24 AM

Thanks for all that info, Adi. It's really interesting to me to compare different plans and what their advantages and drawbacks are. And thanks for asking that great question, Kristin.

sterlinggirl 11-05-2012 02:04 PM

Great question.. and an even greater responce. I am happy to hear how others found there way here and how it was differnt than whats worked before, so bravo to this thread~:heart:

Luv2Eat 11-05-2012 02:11 PM

Thank you for the interesting conversation, Adi and JoyJoy (is your hubby HappyHappy?).

Kissa 11-05-2012 02:46 PM

Great question and great answer.

I love these boards.

Carly 11-05-2012 03:07 PM

Thanks Kristen and Adi!

girl81 11-23-2012 10:32 AM

Aldi,
I read in a previous July post by you that you eliminated all but 1t coconut oil and your weight started dropping again. I was wondering if you could please tell me, how much were you taking daily before you decreased it?
Thank you :)

Librarygirl 11-23-2012 07:38 PM

I am finding that I'm not making as healthy of food choices as I did while LCing, although I did purposely eat a lot of fat then. I also ate more vegetables and of course, no sugar. Now, I'm eating lots of sugary stuff on UD''s and need to find better ways to get in my calories because I'm worried that I'm getting addicted to carbs again. I can reign it in, with effort. I need to keep a journal and plan my UD's as carefully as my DD's in order to lose weight successfully and healthfully.

adillenal 11-23-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl81 (Post 16095400)
Aldi,
I read in a previous July post by you that you eliminated all but 1t coconut oil and your weight started dropping again. I was wondering if you could please tell me, how much were you taking daily before you decreased it?
Thank you :)

I was eating the coconut oil in the coconut bark and not really sure how much I was eating daily.
The 1 t was what I used to cook my morning eggs. I quit coconut bark completely and that helped my weight loss. Those calories do count for some folks. :dunno:

LoCarbGal 11-24-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16096081)
I am finding that I'm not making as healthy of food choices as I did while LCing, although I did purposely eat a lot of fat then. I also ate more vegetables and of course, no sugar. Now, I'm eating lots of sugary stuff on UD''s and need to find better ways to get in my calories because I'm worried that I'm getting addicted to carbs again. I can reign it in, with effort. I need to keep a journal and plan my UD's as carefully as my DD's in order to lose weight successfully and healthfully.

LG, I think you'll find that you will naturally trend towards more veggies and even some fruit, over time. The novelty of being able to eat things we couldn't for so long on LC is normal, but I don't think your tastebuds, or your body, will continue to crave that stuff indefinitely. I've been afraid of getting re-hooked on sugar, and have had very little since starting JUDDD, but I am adding it back slowly (not so slowly these past couple of days! :o) and am adjusting just fine.