Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gulf Coast Girl
Stats: Goal Feb '10. Lost 163 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I found them! Finally! They were the last 2 packages left at the drugstore, and they were on sale! I asked the clerk if she'd seen them and she just went off on how WONDERFUL they are. Can't wait to try 'em. Tomorrow, on UD.
I'm glad you were able to find them. I had never seen them before but apparently they've had them in parts of the country for a couple years. The stock-er at Walmart told me they keep them out from Sept until they switch over to the Christmas Kisses.

My Turkey Update

I chickened out and got a regular bone in turkey. I really wanted to make the meal a little easier but I couldn't do it. The table would just look weird with a boneless blob. I'm truly hopeless when it comes to tradition just for the sake of tradition.

I hope everyone's plans are falling into place with as little stress/drama as possible.

Last edited by Gulf Coast Girl; 11-19-2012 at 04:46 PM..
Gulf Coast Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
This is a good corn recipe, and has good reviews (even one from someone who hates corn pudding! ) I would probably put sharp shredded cheddar on top too.

A corn casserole with bacon and chopped onion and peppers.
Ingredients:
•6 slices bacon
•1/4 cup chopped onion
•2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
•2 tablespoons butter
•2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
•1/2 teaspoon salt
•1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
•2 cans (12 to 16 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
•1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Preparation:
Directions for corn casserole
In a large skillet, fry bacon; drain, crumble, and set aside. Pour off bacon grease; melt butter over medium low heat. Add onion and green bell pepper; sauté for 2 minutes; stir in flour and salt. Gradually add the sour cream. Heat until it just begins to bubble, stirring constantly; add corn and heat through; stir in half of the crumbled bacon. Transfer corn and sour cream mixture to a 2-quart casserole or serving dish; top corn casserole with remaining crumbled bacon and chopped parsley.
Corn casserole serves 6.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 11-19-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Every year, I look forward to having two things this time of year:

Egg nog & Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joes.

Now just to learn how not to gorge on these on UDs....

But ah, egg nog & cookies. Nothing else like it.

Anyway, this year we're doing something i've never done in my 29 years of life: We're going out for thanksgiving. Usually we all go to my sister's but she's so stressed out btwn the storm, having to deal with our mother b/c of the storm, her husband traveling, planning her husband's 40th bday party, and her husband traveling again on Friday that she decided she's not cooking. I don't blame her! Instead she's going to her bff's house since she's been invited there for the past three years. My other sibs & I are going out. Then on Friday going to said sister's house for non-turkey day food. I guess I'll just make Friday an MD since Thurs is going to be an UD(uuad?). I'm learning here!

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
This is a good corn recipe, and has good reviews (even one from someone who hates corn pudding! ) I would probably put sharp shredded cheddar on top too. [/B]
Thank you, Librarygirl. We (well my SO) decided to just grill some seasoned corn on the cob packets for this meal but I'm going to use your suggestion of cheese and swap out the green pepper for green chilis and try this as a side next time I'm doing a spicy chicken meal. I love sour cream with chicken so this sounds good. I doesn't sound like it would have too much of a pudding consistency.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post

But ah, egg nog & cookies. Nothing else like it.

Anyway, this year we're doing something i've never done in my 29 years of life: We're going out for thanksgiving.
I envy you going out for Thanksgiving. Every single year I've said "Next year we're catering (there's no where to eat out in my little town) or I'm not doing all this work" and then every year - I do all the work. Somehow between Nov and Nov the mind manages to selectively forget how much work it is.

Definitely agree with you on egg nog and cookies. I don't have access to TJ's but I love Butter Cookies and Christmas Sugar Cookies.

Last edited by Gulf Coast Girl; 11-21-2012 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Girl View Post
I envy you going out for Thanksgiving. Every single year I've said "Next year we're catering (there's no where to eat out in my little town) or I'm not doing all this work" and then every year - I do all the work. Somehow between Nov and Nov the mind manages to selectively forget how much work it is.

Definitely agree with you on egg nog and cookies. I don't have access to TJ's but I love Butter Cookies and Christmas Sugar Cookies.
My sister's the only one of us with a house (and enough space to fit plenty of people!) so she always cooks. she didn't want to deal with the mess I guess!

I'm going to have some egg nog tomorrow. Mmmm.
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
CORN RECIPE: I make a version of Sccotash called... yuppotash - kind of a hifalutin succotash with corn, edamame, chopped tomatoes mixed together with some kind of Italian dressing. more like a salad, so it is nice since it can be made ahead and served at room temp.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
We will be having spiral ham, potato salad, green beans and stuffing. I'm making double chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese/marshmellow cream frosting.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
Both DH and I have to work tomorrow, but we both have early shifts so tomorrow night baby!

I have never in my life make a turkey and I didn't want to buy a huge guy and take a chance on messing it up by not cooking it right (since it is only 3 of us) so I am making beef stew in the crock pot so it will be ready when I get off work tomorrow evening. But I always make a pumpkin pie and whipped cream And this year fudge is on the menu too.

Making my mouth water here...
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
somewhere around here I have been reading about pumpkin something or other on a regular basis and just have to try whatever it is. Please steer me to the pumpkin recipes if you know what I am talking about.
Here are some from the recipe forum:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...lets-bake.html

This one is my absolute favorite:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...in-cereal.html

Another popular one:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...pkin-bake.html

There are a bunch more. But I don't know the specific one you are referring to.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote