Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Halloween Candy

Sometimes I take a step back and look at myself like some kind of science experiment

This Halloween, I did the opposite of WW's good advice of getting the Halloween candy you don't like, and got all my favorites. I didn't have a piece on DD Halloween, even though I had calories for it if I wanted. I was slightly tempted, but no big deal.

Then, on the following up day, I did have one piece, but I actually looked at the calories (don't think I ever bothered before ... they are tiny so they don't have any calories, right? ) and I just couldn't waste my calories on any more. Not enough bang for the buck, if you know what I mean.

On WW, I would have probably had one, then one more, then one more. ... and exceeded my points (not that I would have counted them on a day like that). Then I would have felt like a bad, bad person. On low carb, I wouldn't have had any, and told myself it was fine, but a small part of my brain would be feeling a pang of being left out or something. And eventually, those little pangs would add up and I would get tired of missing out on all the seasonal fun.

Now, I get to have as many as I want in my calories, but one is just ... that's all for me. I'd rather have something else. What a gift.

Caveat: I just want to put it out there that I had a mammoth UUAD only a couple weeks ago, so I'm not Miss perfect control or anything, and if anyone found the candy irresistible, remember JUDDD is forgiving!

Last edited by calichris; 11-02-2012 at 11:24 AM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Chris, isn't it a crazy revelation? You did so great!

My goal was not to have ANY on DD Halloween, and if there was any Reese's PB cups left, I could have one or two the next day. Well, there wasn't any left. In fact, had more trick or treaters this year than in several years, ran out of candy, and had to shut the door and turn off the porch light!

So.......the Reese's were not meant to be for me this time.

But you know what one of my downfalls has been? Russell Stovers milk chocolate covered marshmallow. They have them for all seasons - Valentines (Hearts!), Easter (Bunnies!) Halloween (Pumpkins!), Christmas (Santas!). I don't care what shape they're in, I LOVE THEM! I might allow myself one or two this season - we shall see.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 176/173.8/155 - 5'5
WOE: JUDDD*
I feel the same wayyy!!

I'm guilty for still going to WW meetings every Saturday morning with my mom (more for her support). I really love the accountability of getting weighed every Saturday. But I don't follow the program at all --- and love how JUDDD doesn't make me feel deprived! I ate lots of mini chocolates and halloween candy with my students/at home --> and still was on plan (awesome!!!!)
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Sometimes I take a step back and look at myself like some kind of science experiment

This Halloween, I did the opposite of WW's good advice of getting the Halloween candy you don't like, and got all my favorites. I didn't have a piece on DD Halloween, even though I had calories for it if I wanted. I was slightly tempted, but no big deal.

Then, on the following up day, I did have one piece, but I actually looked at the calories (don't think I ever bothered before ... they are tiny so they don't have any calories, right? ) and I just couldn't waste my calories on any more. Not enough bang for the buck, if you know what I mean.

On WW, I would have probably had one, then one more, then one more. ... and exceeded my points (not that I would have counted them on a day like that). Then I would have felt like a bad, bad person. On low carb, I wouldn't have had any, and told myself it was fine, but a small part of my brain would be feeling a pang of being left out or something. And eventually, those little pangs would add up and I would get tired of missing out on all the seasonal fun.

Now, I get to have as many as I want in my calories, but one is just ... that's all for me. I'd rather have something else. What a gift.
Caveat: I just want to put it out there that I had a mammoth UUAD only a couple weeks ago, so I'm not Miss perfect control or anything, and if anyone found the candy irresistible, remember JUDDD is forgiving!
Wow, this post really resonated with me, especially the bolded parts. I have tried WW's repeatedly and somehow just cannot hang with it...LC sends my thought processes in all sorts of wonky direction as much as I truly love the lifestyle. For a switch this year I bought NO candy whatsoever. I dunno why, it just never occured to me, I guess? It's definitely a first! LOL I did enjoy 1 piece of DD18's stash and was fine because I realized I didn't like it as much as I thought I did. What a concept!!

The idea behind being "allowed" to have something as long as I wait for that UD has worked amazingly with my mindset. I absolutely LOVE this plan!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
I don't usually eat candy at all but bought some yesterday at 1/2 price. Totally ate too much last night but don't feel bad. Just curious about why I would do that. It was kind of like getting drunk.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I didn't have any on DD Haloween. I budgeted for, and enjoyed, three "mini" bars yesterday on UD (Twix, Snickers, and Milky Way--less than 150 calories total for all 3). I have no desire for more.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LuckyLou
Stats: 202.8/182.8/
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: Reboot June 2014
WTG Chris! And I love your science experiment analogy. I find whenever I can adopt that position, I 'm in a really good place and emotions aren't controlling my food choices. JUDDD is definitely seeing me there more often
LuckyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
intermittent fasting does amazing stuff for our relationship with food.

we don't have little kids anymore so none of that stuff has come in our house in years.
rarely get a trick or treater, but if we do they get a box of organic raisins or something like that.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Weird, I can identify with both Cici and Cali on this one. It depends on the day, I think.
This year, I haven't had any of the chocolate or chips. But there's a part of me that worries that I wouldn't stop if I started. I'll test that at some point.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
yesterday was a DD, and I was fine. today I have have a lot of junk... chocolate, mini marshmallows (which I had laid out on a cookie sheet to stale/get chewy a few days ago), veggie chips. dunno if it is the Hallowe'en situation, although I have had a box of mini choc bars in the house for a few weeks, NBD (they do seem a little calorically expensive at 40-60 each!).

I will stay within my UD cals today, but I would give myself a C- on nutrition today. And that seems like NBD too! I just bought my main grocs for the week, lots of produce and healthy stuff, which I love...

meanwhile, my pastry-free pumpkin pie tartlettes are in the oven... fingers crossed they work... at only 39 cals each. will post recipe if it is good.

(I love pumpkin pie, and had a small piece at Cdn TG... but then butterfingers BF dropped the leftovers, so that was that)

Jan 29-Feb 14: Potato hack (plus dinner every other day)
Feb 15 onward: ? back to JUDDD... or calorie counting with intermittent potato hacks
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm not a candy person, but I'm glad there isn't a holiday where you pass out cheese doodles or potato chips... Yikes- I would struggle with that. The thing is I could eat those things each and every UD, but... I don't. JUDDD is an amazing thing!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
DD, who is coming up on her second JUDDD week told me she ate popcorn AND candy....not even a ton.
I have to keep reminding her, that it's okay on JUDDD and she should not have diet guilt....and afterall, it was UD.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My candy was about 100 cals (depending on variety) for a little tiny thing. Before I would have had handfuls of them and assumed it wasn't that bad because they were so bitty. ha!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Every day I'm reminded how free-ing this WOE is for me(us)! We don't buy Halloween candy because we don't get trick or treaters in the country. So, at least I don't have the temptation. Now, christmas is a whole 'nother story!! My test will come then I'm sure. I'll be spending lots of time around here then.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post

we don't have little kids anymore
I thought you were in your 20s from your picture!
Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
My goal was not to have ANY on DD Halloween, and if there was any Reese's PB cups left, I could have one or two the next day. Well, there wasn't any left. In fact, had more trick or treaters this year than in several years, ran out of candy, and had to shut the door and turn off the porch light!

So.......the Reese's were not meant to be for me this time.
I have some Reese's! C'mon over ... 100 calories a pop
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: marlamp10
Stats: 251/224.2/140
Start Date: JUDDD REstart 05/09/14 at 232.5
Well. . . I did not have any candy at all on my DD Halloween.

I did, however, have a LOT out of the leftover candy bowls at the office yesterday. And I know good and well that part of it was just enjoying the freedom to have it, while the rest of it was stress eating due to several really big projects weighing on me right now.

I was not happy with how much I ate yesterday, not because I felt guilty, but because I felt pretty sick to my stomach by the time I went to bed. Even though my intake was mostly Tootsie Rolls, which aren't too awful calorie-wise, it was still a UUAD by the time I finished.

At least the DD has been a relief and I got a little exercise in as well.

"I don’t believe in optimism. I believe in optimal behavior. That's a different thing . . . Action is hope. . . . It doesn’t matter how good it is, or how bad - you did it.

--Ray Bradbury, R.I.P.
marlamp10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #18

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
I have some Reese's! C'mon over ... 100 calories a pop
Love to, Chris! But you know, I think we'd get yacking about JUDDD and have so much fun we might forget the PB cups! Well....maybe not.......
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Had to dump mine today. Apparently I have no resistance to the sugar. Turned my DD into a MD.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Ugh! Remember the Halloween candy I didn't buy, so I didn't eat any?? Well, today, my son bought Oreo Fudge(a whole pound!!) It was so good........ We didn't eat it all. Does anyone know if you can freeze fudge? I'm gonna check it out on the web. Otherwise, I'll have to give it away. My son took one bite & choked on it. Even tho he first had a sample & it went down just fine. He has lots of problems with chewing/choking. Somedays are better than others.

Long story short? I feel like a slug.......ugh! I can't wait for my DD tomorrow! Isn't that amazing to feel like that?

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It's so nice that a DD cures just about all and we only have to wait till tomorrow. If, however an UD will cure what you need... you also only have to wait one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Shari, Carly, that "I can hardly wait for tomorrow's DD" has been one of my favorite things about JUDDD. Every day is a new day.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
LowCarbGal- those chocolate covered marshmallow treats are my downfall too! I *love* them!!!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote