Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
How long did it take you to find the JUDDD *MAGIC*?

If it didn't happen right away, did you figure out what you were doing wrong?

I know I am probably jumping the gun after only 11 days but I am pretty much just maintaining. I am in it for the long haul but just wondering if there is something besides dd's and ud's. Should I be watching carbs too?

I guess I just want to hear stories from people who had a slow going at the beginning but then the weight started falling off.

I REALLY REALLY want this to work!!!
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Most people don't get it until at least two weeks, some longer, some much longer, as much as 12 weeks. I think I had it about a month in, but then my thyroid crashed and I've never gotten in back (at least not the energy part of it). It will come, and it may come so subtly that you don't even realize it's there until one day you realize your aches and pains are gone, you're not hungry on a DD, you have insane amounts of energy, etc. Yes, I think you're jumping the gun.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
For me it took every bit of 5 weeks, not for weight loss, but for the energy, the ease of DD, the JUDDD calm and appetite suppression. And then the benefits just intensified the lower I got my DDs. I've done a couple total fasts, but my DDs never exceed 200 tops. I have been blessed to not require calorie counting on UDs. I just eat till satisfied. I feel so blessed, because I don't feel that I'm on any type of diet on an UD. I eat a bedtime snack on DDs and that is a few select things which I know the counts of so, I don't even use my tracker at all anymore
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Oh, yes... Jumping the gun a tad, but IMO, totally worth the wait.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks ladies! As you can tell I haven't gotten the Magic or the Calm!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I was bouncing up and down in lbs for 3 weeks before I actually started losing, which you can see in my weight loss graph on JUDDD below. It covers my weight loss journey from the day I started JUDDD until I reached goal. You can see I actually bounced up even higher in weight than when I started out before the weight started dropping.

The weight started dropping for me after 3 weeks, but what I think of as the "magic" (easier DDs, reduced appetite in general, the JUDDD calm, reduced inflammation and sinus/allergy relief, other healing, etc.) took longer. I probably didn't really feel that until a couple months in. I think it's probably different for everyone. Hang in there. JUDDD takes a different amount of time to heal each one of us and to get those sirtuin enzymes filled, but you'll get there.

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 11.02.47 PM.png (32.8 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by vilanteira; 11-01-2012 at 08:22 PM..
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
You're jumping, for sure, but I understand your excitement!
I don't think I really felt it until about ten weeks in, maybe longer, and all of a sudden my body started to feel like a euphoric fat-burning machine.
It's also true that when I muck with my rotations, it doesn't take much for me to lose the magic.
But I'm only about seven months in. I'll bet it gets even better from here on.
Relax, rotate, redecorate (whatever Cindy says - I may have that last one wrong).
Enjoy the party,is what I mean. You'll look back and laugh when you tell new juddders how impatient ou were, and how fantastic it was when it happened.
So happy we're in this together.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Kristin you are so bad, I just love you.

Patience is key, so keep on keeping on, and the magic will come.

Thanks for posting you graph V, it really is important to accept the bounce. And sadly many leave JUDDD from fear of it. A graph like that is so encouraging, and you're only dieting half the time.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yeah, it is not really a matter of 'doing something wrong'. It is a matter of recognizing each body works at it's own pace. As you can see from the answers above, the 'magic' kicks in at vastly different rates. Dr J said, in 2007, the average time is a month. Some people seem to get the magic very quickly, but - like Kristin - some take a long time. I felt the magic in my fourth week. It was quite startling.

Our guru Pat (SoHappy) says if the magic takes longer to arrive, it probably means there is internal damage that has to be fixed before the body can get down to serious fat-burning. I think she is correct because (a) slow starters frequently see NSVs before they see weight loss, and (b) recent studies done on sirtuin proteins show them cleaning up dead cells and re-energizing the body.

If you can take resveratrol and/or pterostibene they might speed things up for you by reinforcing what happens naturally on DDs. This seems to help some people, have no effect on others, and - sadly - make a few people feel ill.

Donna, big hug. Keep your DDs and your UDs very, very close to what the website recommends. Keep your rotations very clean: DD/UD/DD/UD. I hate to say this to such and enthusiastic person, but - for you - it is too early to despair or celebrate. I hope you can ride this out.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Glad you asked the question, Donna. Just two months in, one of the slow starters, and need to see these answers over and over.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:01 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
I am about 10 weeks in....

appetite suppression... partially... DDs are easier, but not the whole day... at points on each, I am ravenous/bonking

energy... not sure... I am generally pretty high energy, even hyper

calm... yes, I would say I am basically trucking along... had a disappointing weigh in this morning for the monthly results (2.9 in October... with basically perfect rotations, although I do do one MD a week, and had one UUAAD in Oct... still, leaves me a little unimpressed, as I would think based on caloric deficit alone, including my 5-6 workouts a week, that I would be losing at least 5-8 lbs a month), but did not freak out

weight falling off me rapidly... umm, not really (see above... other than a big drop in week one, I have been losing 1 lb. a week)... yet no other WOE in the last 4 years, including low-mod cal every day, Paleo, lowcarb, etc. was either effective or sustainable... so I'll take it!

health benefits... not sure... I feel well... but I generally did most of the time. I do feel better with my binging under control (eg once in 10 weeks) as this often made me feel really gross

so "magic"?... I am not sure... "working" and worth keeping on with? ... yupp

hang in!

Jan 29-Feb 14: Potato hack (plus dinner every other day)
Feb 15 onward: ? back to JUDDD... or calorie counting with intermittent potato hacks
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I like what you're saying, Toora.
I wanted to add that my biggest weight loss was in month two, but it didn't feel magical. It just happened. My body was shrinking as much in months one and three, even though the numbers didn't move much. I felt some kind of efficient machinery/physiology kick in much later.
Part of the "magic" for me is what Toora is saying, because for me, perspective is really, really important.
I started to get that this might be interesting and creative and healthy enough to be sustainable. That makes me wayyyyy more patient around small gains, slow losses, holidays, blowing a day because of a perfect meal in Montreal, etc.

At first it felt like pass/fail every day, and that's a hard way to live over time. (Omg, can I do it today? Can I? Oooooh, this is a hard one! How do they doooo this?)
But when that eases, because tomorrow is always a DD, everything gets gentler, somehow. You just get that this is the way to eat that keeps me slimmer and happier. And all the while I'm learning more about what works best for me.

We don't have to be perfect at this. Just committed.

Why do I go on like this? Because I was excited and impatient when I started.

You'll do beautifully. Relax, rotate, and raise rabbits. Or whatever Cindy says.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Realizing JUDDD is sustainable...realizing the weight loss really is maintainable...realizing JUDDD lets me have a real life...it took months for all of that magic to become real to me. I had to live it to believe it.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I like what you're saying, Toora.
I wanted to add that my biggest weight loss was in month two, but it didn't feel magical. It just happened. My body was shrinking as much in months one and three, even though the numbers didn't move much. I felt some kind of efficient machinery/physiology kick in much later.
Part of the "magic" for me is what Toora is saying, because for me, perspective is really, really important.
I started to get that this might be interesting and creative and healthy enough to be sustainable. That makes me wayyyyy more patient around small gains, slow losses, holidays, blowing a day because of a perfect meal in Montreal, etc.
This is very much how I felt about it as well. I mean yes, when the weight loss finally starting kicking in for me, I was definitely thrilled since I had been stalled for practically half a year before that, but I didn't feel the "magic" until much later.

I definitely understand why you're anxious though, Donna, as I felt the same way in the beginning and had doubts whether it would work for me at all. I actually didn't trust JUDDD to continue to work for me even when the weight started coming off. The trust and the calm are a big part of that magic for me. I hope it'll all come for you soon, the weight loss and the magic.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 150.2/148/120
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Aug 26 2013
Lil Donna, did you come to JUDDD straight from HCG P3?
I'm not quite sure why but after HCG, it takes over a month (or two, for me) for any weight loss plan to actually start resulting in weight loss instead of maintenance. Just thought I'd throw this out there as a potential reason.
Spoonful of Happiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
wow what a great and motivating thread!

Even though it has only been almost 3 weeks on JUDDD - I am already feeling some of the "MAGIC".
- crazy energy on UD and mornings of DD . Ive lost around 5 pounds and feel fantastic

But the number one thing is that I CAN STICK TO THIS, and I have not "binged" because I was so deprived and couldn't eat my favourite foods on other diets. This alone has made me soooo happy!

I can't wait for the JUDDD magic to really come alive, and when I can be calm and not stress about not losing weight and trust that this will work.

I still am trying to grasp that this is not all about calories in calories out..even though JUDDD makes it sooooo easy to stick to 1200 calories a day for a week balance!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I havent experienced the Judd Magic yet and I started Oct.1. Just this way of eating is like magic to me,that alone is euphoric.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Quote:
But the number one thing is that I CAN STICK TO THIS, and I have not "binged" because I was so deprived and couldn't eat my favourite foods on other diets. This alone has made me soooo happy!

I havent experienced the Judd Magic yet and I started Oct.1. Just this way of eating is like magic to me,that alone is euphoric.

YES, Angie and Debra! That's it for me as well. I'm 10 weeks in, down about 8 pounds. No doubt, that could've been more but we had a very social October, so there were a number of MDs in there and even some higher (30-50%) DDs. Now I'm back on track, so looking forward to losing again.

Meantime, with the crazy month of October, I didn't gain anything and even saw a new low in the bounce, so that excites me that that weight may become my new high during November. Plus I indulged in so many forbidden foods w/o a gain.

And #1 is that I saw my doctor second week of October and my cholesterol is down 45 points! As that's the main reason I started this WOE, I'm ecstatic.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I didn't have a super-quick start, but not slow either. I have so much respect and awe for those who start and don't lose right away and stick with it, even though, having been reading this board for 3.5 months, I think it is definitely the wise move.

The JUDDD magic ... I felt it at about two months in. For me it is the clear-headed, focused, easy down days. I was so excited when this happened! I am *sharper* mentally -- more alert and focused -- especially on down days. It's a nice perk to make up for having a limited menu ... although most DDs that's just fine too, now.

Stick with it ... you don't have control over when the magic will kick in, but if you follow your rotations as best you can, even if imperfectly, it will happen!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you all so much!!!
I wanted to wait til I was at my computer to read everything. It is too hard to read from my phone and then try to respond.

I was just a bit panicked since the weight isn't falling off. I don't think JUDDD is meant to be that way. It is more of a gradual weight loss. Right now I am maintaining what I lost on HCG so that is just wonderful for me. Yes I came straight here after a week of P3 so that could very well be why I am not losing yet. But I am maintaining and eating pretty much what I want on UP DAYS so that is a total score for me!

I just need to be patient and let JUDDD work.

Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
I don't think I have, to date, experienced the "magic" (it's been about 8 months now), but one thing I've realized from reading everyone else's posts is that I seem to have some physiological differences from some others.

For instance most of my posts sound like an advertisement for insulin resistance (I STILL wake up after DD's feeling shaky, disoriented, and ready to eat a horse, and it takes me about an hour to recover after eating).

I've also realized that I don't have much of a sense of fullness, and as an adult, I've just relied on visual cues to tell me how much to eat.

However, I have lost weight and I have gotten used to essentially eating every other day, so it's become habitual in that regard.
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote