Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Connie, I am so glad you won't be giving up! You are such an inspiration and wow 70+ is NOT anything to sneeze at. Be proud!! Like the others already stated, nothing wrong with having a "rest" for a bit. Relaxing for a bit is not a failure by any means, it only means that you're gearing up to fight some more. Keep it up, you are amazing!

Nancy, keeping you in my thoughts that something will be revealed so you can move foward. Good luck with dh underfoot, I'm always kinda thankful when mine is out of the house for work

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Soooo busy here. Love it.

Connie, the break is the way to go, and amazingly lots of the temporary maintainers have had quite nice losses. Strange but true.

Nancy, sorry about the stress levels! Hope the surgery goes okay, that they find nothing bad and that you get your nice flat tummy back.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Wow, I am gone for awhile and look at how much is happening! Congratulations for all the good news and sympathies for all the stress!

I am a huge proponent for taking a maintenance break every - oh - thirty to fifty pounds. I believe - and this is just belief, I have not found any research to substantiate it - that, as we lose weight, our bodies need time to adjust. Blood vessels have to be rerouted to support new muscle or less fat, muscle has to modify to handle the new, lower weight, hormones have to adjust to support same. Going into maintenance also has, I think, a strong psychological effect: realizing you can eat in a way that prevents gain and enhances pleasure is just downright fun. And, once the internal tune-up is complete, the desire to reduce further tends to come naturally, to not be forced.

I think anyone feeling like they want to try maintenance, especially during the approaching holiday season, will probably be rewarded by doing so.

Odds are next January, whether we gained over Christmas or not, we all rededicate ourselves in a blazon of JUDDD glory!

I love how you explain the body adjustment theory - it makes total sense. Agreed about January! To me, Thanksgiving and Christmas are a time to focus on the family. Then, in January, we have the rest of the year to get down and work on controlling our eating habits.

Nancy, that your lump is B9 and easily treated.
Downsizing sounds exciting and stressful. My youngest started college full time this year, he and his sister are full time students living at home. Their academic progress is no longer my responsibility (homeschooled for 20 years) - what freedom! I'm looking at a new chapter of my life this year and can relate to the bittersweet notes of an empty nest and changes that come with it. Enjoy your 'me' time!
~Pamela
Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Nancy, I'm sending many & for a good outcome on Friday!!

To all who are struggling and thinking of taking a break.....I say go for it and don't take a guilt trip about it. Most of you have been around long enough to know how forgiving JUDDD is for you! I've been here less than 2 months and already know that.

We've been battling a stomach bug the past 3 or 4 days. My son had is first then I got it. So far, DH hasn't. I felt all better yesterday; but, then, this morning I've got the yuckies again. Of course it's a DD, so that will help.

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #215

Sorry to hear that Shari, hope you are all better real soon.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Shari, hope you and your family get over the bug soon. Take care and feel better!

Nancy, I'm sending positive thoughts over to you as well. Hoping for good health and a fast resolution and that life will calm down for you very soon.

Pat, I've also just returned from a week of no counting and winging JUDDD. I tried my best to mentally estimate UDs and DDs but I purposely didn't want to count at all to see how it would go as an experiment. Did go up a couple pounds, but I think it should go down after a couple good DDs. I expect the same for you as well.

Connie, you are among the superstars here, and I'm very glad to hear you're not giving up. I think a maintenance break may be a great idea. I definitely sympathize and had also had periods of diet fatigue (same as you, not so much with the food aspect but just having to be so diligent with counting and watching everything and being hard on myself for results on the scale). All I know is that every single time I regained most or all (and more) of my weight back over the years was always the result of throwing in the towel after pushing myself too hard and letting the diet fatigue take over. So I now believe maintenance breaks are actually really important during weight loss, at least for me. Be kind to yourself and let your body and mind rest a bit, and when you're ready to shift back to active weight loss, I know that weight will be dropping in your ticker.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #217
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Well, I think I need to start tracking my UD calories-went a bit (ok waay) overboard today I think sub-consciously I was trying to hoard food in preparation for my DD tomorrow. Felt like a squirrel getting ready for winter time
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!

Sara, so I totally thought it was just me who felt like a squirrel. Good to know I'm in good company

Shari, hope you and your family get to feeling better soon!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Nancy I'm also sending & . You have been one of my JUDDD inspirations and I always picture you doing the happy dance around your house "full tilt" when someone enters a new decade!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I'm feeling much better today & have even had a good UD! We've had some cold weather here the past couple of days. Low's in the upper 20's & highs around 60! But, it could end up being in the 80's next week! In Texas, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute & it will change!

I've been waiting for my scales to start slowing down the down-ward trend. I am still eating all of my calories & no more, no less. And yet, my scales have been stuck for about 3 days. It didn't even budge after my down days. In fact I went up .2 after my DD yesterday............. huh? What's up with that? I'll just keep plugging along, doing what I know to do. I've seen others go thru this & I can do it, too!! I'm just happy y'all are here.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Shari, I'm so happy to hear you're over that bug.
A couple of weeks ago (or was it a month?), my scale was stuck on the same number. Got so tired of looking at the same number for about four days or so. Finally, it moved and dropped a couple of pounds overnight. I hope this happens for you too.
Howdy ya'll, another bred & born Texan! It's not quite as cold here in the Hill Country, we got down to 41F last night, brrr. 70's are a welcome high from the triple digits, but by May, I'm ready for my hot summer to come back.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Shari- as soon as I type about my frustration with the anti-bounce- whoosh, there comes a much needed drop. I don't know why, but I can stay at the same number to the tenth of a pound for 5 days sometimes. When I get so frustrated that I write a comment about it- I'm bound to be down the next day. Maybe that is JUDDD magic, too.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #223
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Sara, so I totally thought it was just me who felt like a squirrel. Good to know I'm in good company

Shari, hope you and your family get to feeling better soon!

Well I survived my third DD yesterday and it went much better than my first two I did mini meals throughout the day and I was never hungry or had a headache. No movement on the scale, which is a bit of a bummer, but then I realized that I've lost 3.5lbs since last Wednesday, which was when I decided to try JUDDD Today I'm going to start tracking my UD calories for the first time-I have a suspicion that I haven't been eating enough on my UD's. I've also come down with a nasty cold so we'll see how today goes!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #224
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Shari- as soon as I type about my frustration with the anti-bounce- whoosh, there comes a much needed drop. I don't know why, but I can stay at the same number to the tenth of a pound for 5 days sometimes. When I get so frustrated that I write a comment about it- I'm bound to be down the next day. Maybe that is JUDDD magic, too.
Yay for your drop
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Nancy,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hvrijssa
Stats: 118/110/100
Start Date: August 2012
Amazing how our bodies adapt so fast. After 2.5 months on judd I took a break for 9 days while on holiday. I thought I would really struggle to get back to my rotations (DD 3x/week). Today is my 2nd DD and I'm not feeling as hungry as I thought I would!

Pat
Hvrijssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #227

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Same experience here too. You never know what that crazy scale's going to do. All this talk lately about LC or not LC with JUDDD had me do a little experiment with myself. On Sunday, I had a very high carb UD (210 or so grams of carbs, which is high for me) and gained 1.4 pounds. It was gone after my DD on Monday. Yesterday, I repeated the experiment with about 210 grams of carbs and saw a small drop this morning (0.2 - but after a carb-filled UD), so there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to how the scales react for me. After several months, you really get used to it and don't worry so much. It's going to do what it's going to do, and unless there's a whole month of limited or no losses, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #228
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post

Well I survived my third DD yesterday and it went much better than my first two I did mini meals throughout the day and I was never hungry or had a headache. No movement on the scale, which is a bit of a bummer, but then I realized that I've lost 3.5lbs since last Wednesday, which was when I decided to try JUDDD Today I'm going to start tracking my UD calories for the first time-I have a suspicion that I haven't been eating enough on my UD's. I've also come down with a nasty cold so we'll see how today goes!
Good girl! It does get easier which I am hugely relieved to find. I shorted myself on UD calories twice, anywhere from 400-600 calories and the scale reflected fairly big gains.. hitting those UD calories seem to be necessary to keep things moving. Sorry you're not feeling well, take good care of you!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

This is why I keep coming here!! You all are the best! I appreciate the support you all give so freely! Crazy scales! I was down .2 after my UD yesterday! Go figure.

I'll go to the weight loss thread & post my stats for November for anyone who wants to see what I'm talking about. For the first time EVER, I am not scared of the scales! Who'da thunk it?!!

Luv, I live in the top of the Hill country! We must live fairly close to each other. Cool!

Sara, you are right on track! To vilanteira, DesertGurl, Carly, Pat & Dawn....thanks!

I ordered some miso soup & it arrived today. I hope I like it. I also made 2 different soups yesterday for DD's. One is an onion soup & the other is a Cabbage & Tomato soup. I'll post the recipes after I try them(if they are good! )
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Sara, hope you feel better soon. So many have come down with colds in this weather lately. On a positive note, it sounds like you're off to a good start with JUDDD!

Shari, glad you're feeling better, and yes, losing fear of the scales is such a nice benefit of this woe! Even if weight still sometimes trips me up from time to time, I just get out my tightest pants and try them on and am always relieved, because as we all know,

It's so cold here on the east coast lately. Soup sounds great. I see people talking about bone broths and homemade soups. A nice hearty soup with a spicy kick is what I'm having a taste for this week.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Just popping in with some thoughts...some off the wall, some not so. First, thanks to all for your support during my trials and tribulations...what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger..so true.

First miso soup...I like it and it does bring back memories for me of sitting in a little shop in Tokyo so that's part of why I like it...but I also add it to other soups and it adds a depth of flavor that is unsurpassed. If you don't like it by itself, try it in other soups and I'm sure you'll like it that way....that is if you are into soy....

I've been gone fron the chat for a while as it is very difficult for me to type...I just let the "finger memory" take over...the problem comes when the fingers stutter.

Some may remember my stall of the month of October...after losing well after starting in June, October brought no loss at all...well, I did lose about three pounds the first two weeks but it crept back on so that I finished the month with no loss. I do think it was the body adjusting to my new weight...and I love your explanation of how the body is building new pathways.

I think I will see the true value of JUDDD when I return...right now I'm just trying to maintain and not alternating at all...I think it's more important for me to keep the body as healthy as possible to correct this vision problem. I am, however, losing weight like I was actively trying...I'm down another five pounds and stand a chance of hit my interim goal this week. I have no interest in eating but am keeping kcals to about a 1000 per day...so you could say I'm losing while maintaining...lol

So the problem, I think, will be to maintain my loss when I can see what I'm-eating....then I'll kick in with full-blown JUDDD and may make my goal weight sooner than I had planned.

Sorry, I haven't been checking in more frequently and still have read all the notes on this thread, but will try to catch up...thanks again for all your support, it really means a lot to me...

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

It's good to see you here, Mary! And thanks for the tips on miso soup.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Hope the eye is improving daily. Have you had the other surgery yet? I seem to recall it was yesterday, unless that is the wrong Tuesday.

for all the best.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
No surgery yet...the eye was too swollen on Monday when we checked it, so doc postponed the surgery which was scheduled for yesterday...I go back tomorrow for another check up...which means I could be scheduled for surgery on Monday or Tuesday, but I think I'll ask if it can be delayed until after T-Day. There is always a post-op scheduled the day after the surgery so I would be tied up all next week at the hospital.

Kind of limited on drivers, too, as I can't drive, or should I say won't drive with vision in only one eye...the person who's been my go-to person flies out Sunday for a week and my other driver has three kids so would be difficult for her to re-arrange schedule just for me. I know the VA has a transportation arrangement but they've told me in the past I can't use them for surgery as the drivers can't take responsibility for the individual...must have a driver on day of surgery.

I know, TMI...anyway, I think t'would be best to delay the surgery until after Thanksgiving...just more time for the anxiety to grow...although, the vision is improving in the eye...my blobs are getting smaller and I'm getting more definition in them. Still can't really see out of it, but that's life...I guess.

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-14-2012 at 12:58 PM..
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sending you more hugs for something that is so routine these days, this is not fair! We pray it will all be resolved and you can see again.

I know my hubby who had both eyes done - one last year and the other one not too long ago - went into both proceedures with great trepidation. Fortunately there were no problems. I also have cataracts, but won't have anything done for a bit.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #236

Mary you are doing so well, I don't type as well as you normally!

I agree about the driving, you are wise to avoid it. Although, I have only ever had focal vision in one eye. I have form and colour vision in my left eye, no focal vision at all. Naturally this is not hassle for me because it is all I have ever known, therefore I compensate in many ways.

I've had a lovely meal tonight, I fear I have eaten way over my UD cals but that is the joy of Maintenance the way I choose to do it, low DDs and UDs almost FDs.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Mary- still sending and
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/202/180
Mary, sending positive thoughts on your upcoming surgery....

I almost threw in the JUDDD towel this week. I'd been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for weeks now, and last week when I came down with a cold, I was holding steady at 203--Monday, my weigh-in was 209! I truly felt defeated, and my hopes for getting into Onederland were dashed. Panic mode set in, I had perfect DD's and UD's, added in everyday exercise...and today I'm back at 203! I really, really need to use this week as an example (or a pusher....lol) to keep my eating true to the numbers, and exercise! (Oh, and as a result of the exercise, I'm drinking 20-30 more ounces of water than I usually do, so I'm sure that helps too.)

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Lisa, hang in, honey, you're doing beautifully. And good on you for coming here to express what you're experiencing this week.
Mary,
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Lisa, you're doing great! I know it must have been so frustrating to have your weight go up like that. Boy, it really shows how much our bodies retain when they're fighting off a bug. You can do this, and I just know you're going to be rewarded with a nice whoosh soon. By the way, I love your new pic! You look really happy.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote