Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
Hi Everyone - Carly your post about the laxative tea made me laugh out loud!!

Still on the "heartbreak" diet and am down about 4 lbs. so maybe this was the kick start I needed. Today is an up day & I actually had an appetite today, and am going to have some mushroom pizza for dinner.

Everyone is doing so well - reading this thread is always so inspiring
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

Now I don't know what flying off is if that isn't it. Remember you are only dieting half the time Danielle!

I am so thrilled that you are loving this, how,could you not? The magic is happening.
Well, when ya put it like that, I guess it is kinda flyin, huh? WOW! Ok, I'd be sold right there if I wasn't already.

LOVE it, and this board!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaBella View Post
Hi Everyone - Carly your post about the laxative tea made me laugh out loud!!

Still on the "heartbreak" diet and am down about 4 lbs. so maybe this was the kick start I needed. Today is an up day & I actually had an appetite today, and am going to have some mushroom pizza for dinner.

Everyone is doing so well - reading this thread is always so inspiring
I hope that eases up soon! JUDDD works beautifly w/o a broken heart so you'll still lose when you are feeling better. For now

I'm hoping this tea issue will not be too bad. I can see why it could help a dieter, like if they were "backed up" but gee, that's not the help I was looking for! I wasn't really looking for any help. It was cheap and different. Yup, different it was
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Mmmmm mushroom pizza .................

Carly, I'm wondering where the 3 ballerinas come in. Dancing to the loo maybe?

Danielle, freedom's great, isn't it?!?
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

I know, it's a strange name for tea, especially laxative tea!

I feel ok so far, hope I'm not miserable in the morning.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January Ė March ate LC/LC
I honestly feel like an under-achiever. I know that I should be doing better with the weight loss. It seems like Iíve spent a lot of time lately stuck, weight barely moving. I even tried a mini fat fast recently, which dropped my weight three pounds very quickly, but when I went back to regular food the scale bounced back up two pounds and seems to be simply stuck there.

Itís more difficult to stay motivated when there are no scale rewards. AND, itís difficult to come here because when Iím not losing, I feel like somehow Iím failing. I not losing weight as rapidly as I want to, or as I should/could be. I guess itís time to re-adjust my numbers however my heart is just not in it right now. I like eating my UD numbers! And, Iím not sure I can manage dropping my DD numbers by very much. OMGÖdoes this mean Iím doomed to weigh THIS MUCH forever?!

Iím not sure if I should get more disciplined with myself right now, or whether I ought to spend the remainder of this month taking a maintenance break and hoping that afterwards that my metabolism will rev up again when I resume rotations at lower numbers.

Iím scared for myself. I need to continue on but Iím feeling lost at the moment. Somehow it is healing for me to come here and simply write it.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
I honestly feel like an under-achiever. I know that I should be doing better with the weight loss. It seems like Iíve spent a lot of time lately stuck, weight barely moving. I even tried a mini fat fast recently, which dropped my weight three pounds very quickly, but when I went back to regular food the scale bounced back up two pounds and seems to be simply stuck there.

Itís more difficult to stay motivated when there are no scale rewards. AND, itís difficult to come here because when Iím not losing, I feel like somehow Iím failing. I not losing weight as rapidly as I want to, or as I should/could be. I guess itís time to re-adjust my numbers however my heart is just not in it right now. I like eating my UD numbers! And, Iím not sure I can manage dropping my DD numbers by very much. OMGÖdoes this mean Iím doomed to weigh THIS MUCH forever?!

Iím not sure if I should get more disciplined with myself right now, or whether I ought to spend the remainder of this month taking a maintenance break and hoping that afterwards that my metabolism will rev up again when I resume rotations at lower numbers.

Iím scared for myself. I need to continue on but Iím feeling lost at the moment. Somehow it is healing for me to come here and simply write it.

It sound like you are being so hard on yourself!
Your losses have been outstanding! There is no reason to believe that you would stop doing great, but you may need to adjust either your UD or your DD. What kind of difference is the calculator showing between what you are currently eating and what you "should" be eating? is it a big difference for both days?

If you want to tell us the numbers maybe we can help make a plan. I'm all for starting by lowering DDs and trying to leave UDs alone or only lowering UDs slightly, but compensating with low DDs.

Connie- you have done amazingly well. You are not a failure!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 11-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

I am simply eating too much. I haven’t lowered my numbers since I started JUDDD which was 60 pounds ago (my first 14 pounds lost was on LC before finding JUDDD).

I think I’m simply tired of tracking myself and can’t seem to get into a commitment to lower numbers. I keep making excuses for keeping those UD numbers where they started, and eating away! According to the calculator, I should be eating about 220 calories less on UDs now, and about 50 calories less on DD. That SHOULD be easy, right? Instead I’m just feeling fatigued and can’t seem to get into the swing of the new, lower numbers.

Since beginning JUDDD, my losses which began as stellar (15 pounds the first month) have slowed down to 4-6 pounds a month. At my current weight I should be able to easily lose 8 pounds or MORE every month. Sigh. How can my metabolism get so revved up for one month and then adjust, seemingly determined to keep me way too big?
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Which is more doable? Lowering the UD or the DD. Start slowly if it feels overwhelming. I'm considering a maintenance break for December. Maybe a maintenance break is what you need, but 200 on your UD or 50 on your DD shouldn't feel like a huge change after a rotation or 2 and it may just kick up your losses. I could never get away with the numbers I was using 50 pounds ago! No way would I be losing. I mostly just kept lowering DDs and now I can't eat what I used to on UDs. I get full so fast- it still amazes me!
Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure...if only I could decide! I'm thinking of going to maintenance numbers, through Thanksgiving and then starting new, lower numbers. Maybe that would shake things up and allow me a little "relax" time to not be stressing over numbers.

Thanks for your support -- HUGS to you!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Connie, the wee maintenance breaks seem to have worked for lots of the vets, here.
You've done such AMAZING work that perhaps your fatigue is your body-mind's way of asking for a brief hiatus, a rest before heading downward again.
Wouldn't it be exciting to know you can do that and still end up where you're headed?
You deserve every all good things, honey.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
If you are doing consistent rotations and not losing, does that mean your current numbers are now maintenance numbers? Had not thought this through before.

Also, on another topic, Does anybody know where the leptin reset people are. I was totally lost on the official website and need some guidance. Could not find a general information thread here. I know PJ was doing this. Can anybody please give me a steer?

Last edited by cici52; 11-11-2012 at 09:28 AM..
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #193
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
I am simply eating too much. I havenít lowered my numbers since I started JUDDD which was 60 pounds ago (my first 14 pounds lost was on LC before finding JUDDD).

I think Iím simply tired of tracking myself and canít seem to get into a commitment to lower numbers. I keep making excuses for keeping those UD numbers where they started, and eating away! According to the calculator, I should be eating about 220 calories less on UDs now, and about 50 calories less on DD. That SHOULD be easy, right? Instead Iím just feeling fatigued and canít seem to get into the swing of the new, lower numbers.

Since beginning JUDDD, my losses which began as stellar (15 pounds the first month) have slowed down to 4-6 pounds a month. At my current weight I should be able to easily lose 8 pounds or MORE every month. Sigh. How can my metabolism get so revved up for one month and then adjust, seemingly determined to keep me way too big?
Connie, I think you know what you need to do. To get the losses moving again, you are going to need to lower your numbers somewhere. I am all for taking a maintenance break though, and maybe that's the best idea. When you have maintained for a bit and feel more adventurous, you can lower to what the calculator gives you now.

I lowered at about every 25 pounds lost or so. BUT, I still have months where I only lose 4 or 5 pounds, then other months where I lose more. You have rocked the weight loss so well, and I know you will continue to do so, when you are READY too. I say maintain for the rest of this month and see how you feel in December. If you need to maintain for a little longer, there's no shame in that. It's much better than the alternative -- gaining!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

I found the thread piratejenny started. Didn't realize it was so long ago. PJ, did you come to any conclusions regarding leptin reset?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MellaBella
Stats: WHAT!??/That's better/Now you're talkin'!
So I had to come tell you guys about my pizza story.

I never eat pizza even though I really like it. Yesterday was an up day so I decided to have some. I ordered a small mushroom pie to be delivered. Pie comes, I pay for it, tip the driver, off he goes, I bring the pie into the kitchen, open the box & it has pepperoni on it. I really don't like pepperoni on my pizza and even if you pick it off, you can still taste it.

So I call the pizza place, tell them what happened, they apologize, tell me they will send the driver back with the correct order.

Driver comes with my mushroom pizza, I go to give him the pepperoni one, he tells me to keep it, they don't need it back.

So now I have 2 pizzas in my fridge! Guess I will wrap it up & throw it in the freezer....
MellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaBella View Post
So I had to come tell you guys about my pizza story.

I never eat pizza even though I really like it. Yesterday was an up day so I decided to have some. I ordered a small mushroom pie to be delivered. Pie comes, I pay for it, tip the driver, off he goes, I bring the pie into the kitchen, open the box & it has pepperoni on it. I really don't like pepperoni on my pizza and even if you pick it off, you can still taste it.

So I call the pizza place, tell them what happened, they apologize, tell me they will send the driver back with the correct order.

Driver comes with my mushroom pizza, I go to give him the pepperoni one, he tells me to keep it, they don't need it back.

So now I have 2 pizzas in my fridge! Guess I will wrap it up & throw it in the freezer....
Once Yam- Yam was being taunted by pizza in the fridge on a DD and she froze it! I love freezing anything that may "call me" on a DD since you really have to think it through while it defrosts!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #197

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:

Aw Connie. I feel so sad that you're feeling so frustrated. You're one of my inspirations on this board. I always love watching your ticker. It was moving downward to fast there for awhile. But you know, we all go through times when our body needs a rest from the losses. Frustrating? Absolutely! But you have done SO SPECTACULARLY! Don't give up, please! Your body may be taking a break, and it sounds like your mind needs one right now too. Take it, relax, and when you're ready, lower your numbers a little. I think giving it just a week or two on the new numbers, seeing the weight melting off again, will be enough motivation to help you adjust to eating a little less. DON'T feel like a failure, Connie! You're exactly the opposite of that!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
(((((Connie))))) Hugging you and saying I totally agree with what LowCarbGal posted. I know it can be so hard, but you are sooo worth it.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/212/147 or size 8/10
WOE: 2000/1000 rotations, moderate carb
Start Date: 11/3/14; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
I honestly feel like an under-achiever.

Oh! My friend! Nothing could be farther from the truth. 71+ pounds is a phenomenal accomplishment.

Itís more difficult to stay motivated when there are no scale rewards. AND, itís difficult to come here because when Iím not losing, I feel like somehow Iím failing.

I think a lot of us have some past diet failure "noise" in our heads. We're so afraid that it's not going to work this time ... again. But periods of not losing seem to happen to everybody. If we can just encourage ourselves through them, they are almost always temporary.

I not losing weight as rapidly as I want to, or as I should/could be.

We have some control over the pace, but some of it is out of our hands. Some months I don't lose as well as others, and I don't know why. I used to think I should lose 1% of my body weight every week, but I had to give that up when I realized that either my body wasn't cooperating, or I wasn't willing to work THAT hard. Sustainability is more important than anything. I agree that it sounds like what you need is a well-earned maintenance break! Let your mind and body rest, and I think it will refresh you until you're ready to go into weight loss mode again.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I love you guys! Thank every one of you!

I will not give up, I just won’t. However I may rest for a bit so that I can get back into the mental energy of it. I think it’s simply mental fatigue more than total frustration. Maybe taking the stress of expectation off myself will help. Food isn’t bothering me, it’s not that I am longing to binge, I simply feel weary of tracking every single thing and putting pressure on myself everyday to see that scale moving. I hope, I expect that a little time away from thinking about it so much will refresh and renew me. I still have a very long road to go, so I won’t rest too long.

My life has changed so incredibly for the better since JUDDD. My friends and family are honestly amazed at just how many ways. Yesterday, my doctor actually raised her eyebrows in surprise! (: There is no way I am giving any of that back.

Hugs to you, my wonderful JUDDD family!

Connie
Old 11-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hvrijssa
Stats: 118/110/100
Start Date: August 2012
Hi guys I'm back from my week vacation food porn. And no, I'm not proud of it...

I weighed myself yesterday morning and was very disappointed but well, I'll have to live with it. To be honest I didn't try to be good (how can you try when you are in an all inclusive hotel for 1 week?) but at least I went to the gym 3 times during that week and did exactly the routine I do at the gym at home, so the final result could have been worse.

I'm back to my normal rotations today (DDs on monday, wednesday and friday) and I won't post my weight until saturday, after 3 rotations. I hope these 3 rotations will make me a bit happy when I look at the scales.

Hope everything is fine with you guys and keep up the good work!

Pat
Hvrijssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wow, I am gone for awhile and look at how much is happening! Congratulations for all the good news and sympathies for all the stress!

I am a huge proponent for taking a maintenance break every - oh - thirty to fifty pounds. I believe - and this is just belief, I have not found any research to substantiate it - that, as we lose weight, our bodies need time to adjust. Blood vessels have to be rerouted to support new muscle or less fat, muscle has to modify to handle the new, lower weight, hormones have to adjust to support same. Going into maintenance also has, I think, a strong psychological effect: realizing you can eat in a way that prevents gain and enhances pleasure is just downright fun. And, once the internal tune-up is complete, the desire to reduce further tends to come naturally, to not be forced.

I think anyone feeling like they want to try maintenance, especially during the approaching holiday season, will probably be rewarded by doing so.

Odds are next January, whether we gained over Christmas or not, we all rededicate ourselves in a blazon of JUDDD glory!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-12-2012 at 04:35 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
And, I am among the stress-group just now. Downsizing and moving to a new house. Getting used to having DH - who spent the last 18 months on a business project in another state - underfoot again (here, he works out of the house). Surgery scheduled on Friday to find out what the strange lump in my abdomen really is.

BUT, I gotta tell you, so far maintenance is a pure pleasure.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 11-12-2012 at 04:42 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Nancy
I hope the surgery yeilds nothing but good news.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/232/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
Nancy, Im also keeping you in my thoughts re your surgery, hope all goes well. xx
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy, you certainly do have enough things to stress about. Be good to yourself. Praying all goes well and you come out the other side with no more worries. Hope DH being home will be a great support for you during this time.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #207

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Pat, it sounds like you did great and enjoyed yourself, which is what vacation is all about. Good for you for going to the gym and sticking to your exercise routine! I never do that! You'll be back on track before you know it.

Nancy, I'm also sending & that the findings at the doctor will be simple to deal with.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
And, I am among the stress-group just now. Downsizing and moving to a new house. Getting used to having DH - who spent the last 18 months on a business project in another state - underfoot again (here, he works out of the house). Surgery scheduled on Friday to find out what the strange lump in my abdomen really is.

BUT, I gotta tell you, so far maintenance is a pure pleasure.

Sending you BIG with lots of wishes for a speedy resolution and quick recovery.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #209
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Quote:
I love you guys! Thank every one of you!

I will not give up, I just wonít. However I may rest for a bit so that I can get back into the mental energy of it. I think itís simply mental fatigue more than total frustration. Maybe taking the stress of expectation off myself will help. Food isnít bothering me, itís not that I am longing to binge, I simply feel weary of tracking every single thing and putting pressure on myself everyday to see that scale moving. I hope, I expect that a little time away from thinking about it so much will refresh and renew me. I still have a very long road to go, so I wonít rest too long.

My life has changed so incredibly for the better since JUDDD. My friends and family are honestly amazed at just how many ways. Yesterday, my doctor actually raised her eyebrows in surprise! (: There is no way I am giving any of that back.

Hugs to you, my wonderful JUDDD family!

Connie
I've only been working on my weight loss for about a month and it is exhausting! Trying to keep track of everything, the emotional highs and lows at weigh in time, trying to figure out how to handle social situations etc etc. I can definitely see the advantages of taking a break, after you've worked so hard on your weight loss. Let yourself relax/reset and then come back with new energy and enthusiasm
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #210

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Nancy! I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote