Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Some time back, maybe even a month or 2 one of the JUDD Buds was going to Africa and her dh was going too. To help in any way they could, what has happened to them and are they back in the USA?
There's a link to her blog in this thread, I believe. I haven't checked it in a while and need to. Thanks for the reminder.

What I'm doing and why I haven't been around much
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #302

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks Dawn, I have been popping in occasionally. Lovely Luna!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
PJ thanks for the video. It has been 6 months since I was hit by the car in Turkey. I just had my 5th surgery. The tendons were released on each of my fingers - called tenylosis. I am still in a lot of pain and go to therapy 3 days a week. There are moments when I wonder if I will get back the use of my hand, but I think with determination I will eventually get there. He was a wonderful inspiration for me.

Again I hope you find your happiness again, PJ. You have been an important member of the JUDDD BUDDD'S.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #304

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Some time back, maybe even a month or 2 one of the JUDD Buds was going to Africa and her dh was going too. To help in any way they could, what has happened to them and are they back in the USA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
There's a link to her blog in this thread, I believe. I haven't checked it in a while and need to. Thanks for the reminder.

What I'm doing and why I haven't been around much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Thanks Dawn, I have been popping in occasionally. Lovely Luna!
Hi all. I saw the huge hits on my blog coming from here and thought I'd come in and update!

We are back in the States. It was such an amazing time and I'm really glad we did it. In fact, we are planning our next trip already. We met so many people who have really touched our hearts and learned some amazing things about ourselves and the world. No regrets.

When we got back from S.A. I had gained all of like three pounds. And it was pretty much a food-fest (I think I ate my weight in chips--AKA french fries) but we did stick to rotations. DDs were pretty much no eating until dinner and then have a regular (usually restaurant) meal. It was gone in just a few strict(ish) down days. I am still not counting on up or down days and I am still at goal weight (well, within a 3-pound zone). I don't have "my" scale (still in storage) but I step on one every chance I get and it appears to be going well. I bought size 12 skinny jeans the other day at Old Navy (please don't tell me their sizes run large!), so I'm happy.

I'll try to stop in more, I must post and run, it's really late and I should already be in bed. Blessings!!!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #305

Missed you Luna! I checked out your blog yesterday and enjoyed it very much. I'm glad you're safe and sound and had a good experience!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Luna...so wonderful to hear from you. I also read the blog and it was so moving & thought provoking. I admire you. Please "talk" to us as often as you can. So happy you have maintained so easily.

Your loving JUDDD BUDD,
Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #307

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I missed you guys too! Life is busy and crazy, but I need to make some time for my JUDDD BUDDDs.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
Thought I'd give an update on my travails...

Well, back from the VA with good news, better news and some not so good news....first the surgeon agrees with the eye doc that surgery is not necessary. Apparently, the outer portion of the cataract is softer than the inner...the cataract itself...and that could be what fell into the mix. So, it is dissolving but I wish the "floaters" would dissolve faster as sometimes they catch me thinking something is running across the floor or flying across the sky.

He says the eye is testing better that last week, so that's an improvement and actually since coming home, it seems even better. I understand the fluid inside my eye is milky and needs to clear up a bit, and that's part of the problem with the vision...the pressure was way down, so that's good. Good also because I can reduce some of the meds which have been causing the most side effects...the dizziness, upset stomach, and the tingling in the finger. so that's really good. The pressure was actually a surgically-induced glaucoma due to the amount of stuff they had to use during the extended surgery and it's clearing nicely.

What's not so good is what I feared...one of the possibilities of having cataract surgery when you have macular degeneration, is it may cause it to become wet (leaking blood) if you have the dry type...well, I have a bit of seepage now and because of the milkiness of the fluid, we are unable to treat it, for now...so two steps forward and one step back.

I go back next week and gruss gott, we'll be able to start taking care of the new problems...at least the old ones are clearing up.

"Every Day in Every Way I get a Little Better..."

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #309

for a good outcome next week!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #310

Wonderful to see you here Luna. What an experience you have had. You have done an amazing thing.

Mary, you are really going through it, I am so sorry. Hope they can help next week.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/164/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Hooray for your good/better news! I hope the not so good news doesn't last long!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Luna - what a trip you had, glad you are home safe and sound!

Thanks Dawn for giving me the web site about Luna! I did read a lot of her blog! Intersting to say the least.

Mary - hope your eyes will soon be good as new!

We All are so blessed, reading Luna's blog does indeed show us just how blessed we really are!

Blessing To Each And Everyone Here!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Mary, so sorry you're having such a rough time lately....sending lots of prayers & positive thoughts that next week is filled with good news for treatments!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here it is the last of the month, who woulda guessed it would have come this quickly...or maybe it just seems to fly by me...It seems the older I get, the quicker time flies.

I'm claiming an eight pound loss for the month, looking forward to the regular weight-loss thread, but didn't want to start it. Not many inches gone this month, a half an inch here and a half an inch there, but they all add up and I had a huge tape loss not too long ago. I would have thought I would have lost a bit more inches with the poundage, but not to be.

I've noticed on my trip down the JUDDD road, that it doesn't seem to be, for me, a steady pound loss...it's two pounds down, two pounds up, then one pound down and then the whoosh fairy visits and I drop a lot of poundage before hanging steady for a long time...as this month. I lost seven pounds during the first couple of weeks, then held steady for the last two, dropping only a pound or so since the initial loss.

I think I would be more satisfied if it were a steady loss, but 38 pounds evicted in six months ain't bad at all. I still think the plateaus are just my body getting used to the new weight and making what allowances it must and, who knows, it may be healthier to lose it this way. I've never lost this much weight before and know that this time I'll be able to keep it off, too.

Excuse the ramble, but I had to share plus the skies are dark and dripping a bit of the wet stuff, so not much happening around here (except all the accidents on the freeway due to the wet pavement...sure glad I'm not out in that, fer shur)

Hope you all have enjoyed a drop in the poundage or inchage department as we all know that most of the time our losses show in the clothes we wear, not necessarily on the metal monster lurking in (my) bathroom. Good luck all.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Mary, sending lots of positive vibes and big hugs that you will start to see some progress with your vision. 8 pounds WTG!!! I think I am like you in the pattern of losses, up & down and then a whoosh and then a holding pattern... gets frustrating at times but I am trying very hard to keep my eye on the downward pattern and see only that it's the trend down that matters in the end. I like to think that no matter what, time is going to pass and I can either sit and do nothing and just get bigger, or I can be proactive and make some effort and see it go down steadily...either way, no matter what, I will NOT be the same weight a week from now, or a month, or even a year... I'll just be bigger or smaller I choose smaller!

Glad you're staying in and out of that rain I hear it's been super nasty and kinda scary!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #316

8 lbs is a good loss in any month Mary, and you've had a weird month one way and another. Many of us would be reporting a gain after all your trauma. So well done, I salute you Ma'am.

I am looking forward to the 'how much did we lose this month' thread too.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Mary, your 8 pound loss is great! I am another one who bounces around, loses a couple, whooshes, then holds steady for a couple/few weeks. I'd rather have a steady loss downward, but I guess in the end, if the losses are about the same, what does it matter. Other than the continued motivation the downtrend gives on a day to day basis. Oh well. I'll take ANY losses over gains, especially this time of year!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
In my 9 weeks on JUDDD I think today has got to be my worst DD. I have felt so hungry and I've also had really bad mood swings. I'm glad it's nearly 11:30pm and I can go to bed soon. Hopefully I'll wake up in a better mood tomorrow... the hunger will be sorted seeing as it's an UD, but I'm a little worried the mood swings will continue after I step on the scales to see my final loss for November. I say that because I have only managed to lose just over 2.5 lb since the 1st of November . I know we shouldn't concentrate so much on the scales but 2.5 lb in 4 weeks seems very small when I still have at least another 39 pounds to lose and even when I get there I'll still be in the overweight range when it comes to BMI ... Being honest, with me being so short I really need to lose another 60 pounds but that number scares me so I'm keeping it at 39 for now.

Ergh I'm moaning and feeling sorry for myself now lol sorry everyone.

Start weight 219.25 lb - UK size 22/24
Current weight 174 lb - UK size 16/18
Goal weight 147 lb - UK size 14

Last edited by WantToBeSlim; 11-30-2012 at 03:28 PM..
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 5'7" 330/236/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Hi WantToBeSlim, there's no better place to vent your feelings and frustrations. Everyone here is so understanding and know how you feel. We've all had bad days and bad moods. I know I sure have!

It will pass, you'll get through it. Tomorrow is a new day and will be better!

I have at least 60 more to lose; it has been a LONGGGG process. I have lost 70 lbs but it has taken me over 2 years. I know the feeling of thinking it should melt off faster. Especially when I feel like I'm doing everything right.

Good for you! 2.5 OFF is better than 2.5 back on. You'll get there. Keep posting and never give up. You'll lose all the weight and feel so much better by giving it whatever time it takes.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
[QUOTE=Kissa;16109120]8 lbs is a good loss in any month Mary, and you've had a weird month one way and another. Many of us would be reporting a gain after all your trauma. So well done, I salute you Ma'am.

I am looking forward to the 'how much did we lose this month' thread too.[/QUOTE]

It's been started
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToBeSlim View Post
In my 9 weeks on JUDDD I think today has got to be my worst DD. I have felt so hungry and I've also had really bad mood swings. I'm glad it's nearly 11:30pm and I can go to bed soon. Hopefully I'll wake up in a better mood tomorrow... the hunger will be sorted seeing as it's an UD, but I'm a little worried the mood swings will continue after I step on the scales to see my final loss for November. I say that because I have only managed to lose just over 2.5 lb since the 1st of November . I know we shouldn't concentrate so much on the scales but 2.5 lb in 4 weeks seems very small when I still have at least another 39 pounds to lose and even when I get there I'll still be in the overweight range when it comes to BMI ... Being honest, with me being so short I really need to lose another 60 pounds but that number scares me so I'm keeping it at 39 for now.

Ergh I'm moaning and feeling sorry for myself now lol sorry everyone.
from another short JUDDD Bud. Look at my start weight...
Just about the same although I have been as high as 230
A lot of our buddds are tall so they don't know how 10lbs looks more like 17 or 18 pounds on us. The nice thing is that JUDDD is just one day at a time. When I started I set my goal for 112, because I've weighed that amount as an adult, but it seemed unreal that I would even possibly see 155. Now that number was 20 pounds ago. I don't know if I really want to go that low anymore (112). I'm not done yet, not close. I would like to return to being somewhat slender and for me I'm gonna need to be closer to 120 at my height. I know those 15 pounds don't sound like they will make a big difference but on my 5'2" (barely) frame they will- I hope!

All that to say- your fellow short bud understands!
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
I just want to say a big thank you to you both, your kind supportive replies have put a big smile on my face

JayLynn - You are absolutely right, 2.5 off is way better than 2.5 back on. Sometimes it takes another to remind us of these kinds of things then we can stop beating ourselves up about it. I'm definitely not going to give up, I am loving this plan, so much so that it does not feel anything like 9 weeks it's gone so fast! On other plans I have felt like giving up within the first 2-3 weeks and did not enjoy any of it

Carly - Ohh we started at about the same weight and we're both 5'2", and me too (the start weight in my stats isn't my highest) my highest was about 220. I have been bouncing up and down the same 30 lbs or so in the last 2 years. This time I WILL get to goal though, I just have to be patient
I totally agree, being shorter means we look heavier and it's quite surprising how much difference it can make. I know a few people who are around my current weight but they are inches taller and look about 2 stone lighter than me. Every one in my family are short, just I'm the only one who struggles with my weight
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

We are not a tall family either, but we all struggle to some extent. The exclusion was my sister who is 5'6" (where she came from I'll never know) and until her early 30's was never bigger than a loose size 6. The last 2-3 years has not been kind to her. She's pushing up into a size ten as I shrink right out of mine... it's not nice to feel so pleased about that... but
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

People who talk about dropping the woe because of weight stall are forgetting that it's not just about weight loss...I have to keep reminding myself of this. There is far more going on that I may forget about; this is a healing woe, it gives the body a chance to heal itself by not having to digest food all the time, and it is helping with longevity, may not be an issue for me as I'm older than methuselah but the younger folk will see the results.

There is a bit of JUDDD magic. You feel it in the DD energy boost and emotionally it is a big help. The list is long and I'm sure others will be adding to it, but one of my greatest assets of this woe is that once the magic kicks in, every thing tastes soooooo good! Tastes seem to pop in my mouth and even ordinary foods take on deeper flavors. Maybe I just notice them more, but I missed that aspect of this woe earlier this month when I was just keeping calories low. Now that I'm back on the JUDDD path, I realize how much I missed that part of this woe....not preaching, just reminding myself of how much I love this w0e!

Last edited by Mssarge; 11-30-2012 at 05:46 PM..
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Words of Wisdom, Mssarge.

The deciding factor for me to start JUDDing was learning about the health benefits. Being extremely overweight for over 20 years was starting me down the high blood sugar, high blood pressure, sore joints etc Road. Reading and understanding how this WOE would help to heal me was the deciding factor for me to give this a chance.

Even if I continue to slowly lose weight as I did on LC alone, the health benefits as I lose that weight are enough to keep me going. Its only been one JUDDD week, and already I feel better. I think mostly I feel HOPE because of all the awesome people here who sing the praises of this plan and provide so much good experience and information. My mood has improved, some days I wondered if I was in a depression. Being fat and seeing no way out, constantly struggling, is depressing.

My obsession with food, thinking about it all day, is slowly easing. Its so wonderful to know that keeping calories low one day will be rewarded with eating "normally" the next. It takes so much of that deprived feeling away.

And YES! The food I eat TASTES so much better! I wrote in another post how I was out and about today and thought...hmm, I can drive through the espresso stand and have a drink of my choice. I thought about it a moment and then I heard this strange voice in my head say nahhhh let's go home and have an apple instead. Who is this girl???? LOL

That apple tasted SO GOOD!

I hate to sound like some crazed drama queen, but even in one week's time I feel so much better. I have hope and a great group of people to cheer me on as I cheer them on too!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Jan aka Crazed Drama Queen, your description is beautiful. It is depressing to be obsessed with no foreseeable way out.
Here, we've got immediate hope, a practical way through, and a community of gorgeous people to do it with.
Doesn't it make you swoon some days?
Thanks for your words.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Jan aka Crazed Drama Queen, your description is beautiful. It is depressing to be obsessed with no foreseeable way out.
Here, we've got immediate hope, a practical way through, and a community of gorgeous people to do it with.
Doesn't it make you swoon some days?
Thanks for your words.
Hi Kristin, swoon....good word for it! I'm sometimes a little overwhelmed with the realization that I am really going to lose the weight and heal my poor body that I have been so unkind to many years. It sounds almost crazy but I know its true! Thanks to YOU and all my other amazing buddies here.

Love,
CDQ
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Kristen...I still swoon. It has been over two years since I found JUDDD and don't think I will ever ever get over the awesomeness of it! Maintaining going on 8 mos. now...quite easily I might add!

Jan... I am thrilled you found this awesomeness too. When I posted more, early on, I felt like I couldn't contain myself. I was SO happy and even posted about sounding like a drama queen too. I felt almost apologetic I gushed so much!! Guess what? I still feel just as happy!!!

You are doin great!

Phyl

Last edited by gotitnow; 12-01-2012 at 10:50 PM..
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thank you all for your beautiful posts. Very moving and a wonderful way to start my day.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Eleven months of JUDDD ... two months of maintenance ... all the NSVs we over-menopause types recognize and appreciate (and hope the babies never have to experience) ... looking forward to what improvements another year of rotations is going to bring ... KNOWING all of this is truly within my scope of control (well, some of the age stuff may be a bit iffy) ... Jay, prepare yourself, it just keeps on getting better
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote