Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/219/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
6 weeks summary

Started this at 211, with the intention of trying to maintain at 210 (15 stone), when the weight started to drop off easily I think secretly I quite liked it as been stalled on on LC etc for a while. suddenly i'm dropping 1or 2 pounds every rotation.

I really thought this diet was not a diet for men, especially active ones with little to loose but I stand corrected.

This morning I'm 197.5, my lowest weight since being a Teenager, but should make clear I've never been above 23% bodyfat in my life. my max lifetime jean size is 38", which at 6' 3" and Rugby player shaped has never looked to bad (I can now wear 32" waist jeans!! with a chest size of 46").

So all in all I have found a WOE i can live with, had a wobble earlier this week, first in months, but was back to my lowest weight in one rotation! amazing...

So what am I rambling about, not sure...

What I do know is, I must find a way of maintaining at this weight, everyone around me, especially the other half, and my old Mum, are telling me I look drawn and ill. Problem is I feel great, but I am starting to see it in the mirror myself.

Another + my other half is now doing this two, for 2 weeks and is down 6.5 lbs, which is great for her, again she doesnt have much to lose, but has found it very hard.

I know it's a bit of a ramble, but I've done pretty much every diet out there, and have almost every diet book ever written, but at last something which is doable, and i think that simply comes down to knowing that tomorrow you can have what you want..

Not for long!!!!!!!!!
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Wow Kettle!

I remember you wondering whether JUDDD would work with the male' metabolism. I think several of us expressed our suspicion that the male bod should really rock alternate day caloric restriction.

So, how does it feel to be an incredibly skinny, extraordinarily fit person? Post another pic for us to applaud!

Then, welcome to the "Help! How Do I Stop Losing?" club. I assume you are trying to tune your DDs up - to try to find your balancing point ... without disrupting your other half's eating to lose levels.

My DH and I are at that point. When friends invite us out on DD, I am ready to go (one or two low DDs a week seem to keep me at 128) ... DH makes sad puppy eyes.

You do need to experiment - one or two MDs/week might be enough to stabilize you. Have fun.

Please give your lady a hug from me: tell her we fem's sometimes need a longer time to get the magic going. But, when it arrives, it works.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Congratulations, Kettleboy, on being so successful. You've really done fantastic working JUDDD and getting a few last pounds off.

Regarding looking drawn and ill, it could be that they're just not used to seeing you so thin. But if you're seeing it too, maybe you've just dropped down a bit too low. Maybe you could adjust both DD and UD to regain a few pounds, but still have the wonderful, healthful feelings by keeping rotations.

Good luck to your GF on her JUDDD journey, too!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

What a dilemma ~ how do I stop losing weight?! More food! You rocked it and have reaped the benefits, especially the health aspect where you feel really good. Just play around with your UD and DD numbers and I suspect you'll find what works for you in short order.

WTG to your OH too! That's awesome.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Well done!

My DH is a former rugby player-- a very tall loose head prop (6'3") but has let his weight go, and is finding JUDDD very easy to do as well. He started Oct 2nd and has lost about 18lbs or so (he's stopped telling me ) with very little effort, and 0 exercise (for now-- I saw him cleaning off the treadmill the other day, and setting up to get back into some jogging).

I think it's a very workable program, for men and women, and of course, as usual, men lose faster

work the program, and it works!
KUTGW!!!
S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
My DH is 6'3" also. What are the odds? Do we JUDDDers steal all the tall men?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Evidently so; mine is 6'3" too, and needs to lose; supports me beautifully "Is today a skinny day or a fat day?" but won't do it for himself... sigh...
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
LOL-- I sometimes dates short guys, but I look better next to a tall guy! Makes me look tiny(er)... (I'm only 5'5.5", but DH says that I think he and I are the same height!) LOL

Scotty-- hang in there, maybe as he watches you and your success on JUDDD, he'll join in?
My DH was semi-doing it anyway, since on some of my DD's, he'd eat a bigger/meatier version of my DD dinner.... other DD's, he was stuck with leftovers from an UD.

It was just easier to join me
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

Yay! It is the best WOE ever!!!
I'm sure you will fine a fix to the weight losing problem

All you JUDDD buds with 6'3" DHs... I'd have a perma- stiff neck from looking upward 1 foot 1 inch! DW is 5'6". That's enough taller than me to work. Even in 4" heels she has a bit on me
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I guess my DH is short at 6'0. He played soccer for years in Rwanda and when he came here he didn't want to be so skinny so he started weight lifting. He's always been supportive. Did LC when I did and has done JUDDD since the day I started. The people at his work think I don't feed him!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Congratulations, Kettleboy, on your weight loss!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
... Do we JUDDDers steal all the tall men?
No

5'6" on his tip toes.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #13

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Delighted this has worked out for you, I guess it is extra beer and chips for you now!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
You are the bomb diggity!! Great job. Congratulations!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sooz
Stats: 171.8/157.9/145 (5'6")
WOE: LC/IF
Start Date: Over and over and over
Wow Kettleboy.... what an inspiring post!

I've looked back on some of your past posts and it says a bit about how you are eating but I am wondering, do you just eat whatever you want on your UDs? What about DDs? Do you watch carbs on either day? I just have trouble getting out of the CARB mentality!

A lot of questions.... Sorry! But I am very interested because of your success! I'm trying JUDDD for the same reason you stated in your post on 9/28 - "can't stay LC forever". I've proven THAT to myself over and over....

My DH is 5'8" so no tallboy for me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I NEGU! Do you?
Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the comments.

Sooz, I haven't intentionally restricted any particular foods, having been LC for a while before doing this, I really wanted to eat carbs freely. On UD's I started off with some real bad choices. But looking now I see they are far more rare. This has evolved, I'm eating carbs, but white break, sugar, pancakes, ice cream etc , seem to have naturally receded without any conscious decision?

As said before, the secret to this diet is the short term nature, it's mid evening here now on a DD, 700 kcal today, really would like treat, but I know come morning I can have anything I want, I don't plan I let what I fancy guide me.

Been reading about the "magic", I honestly think a Lot of these benefits are purely from weight loss and the health benefits it brings. The one thing that I can't account for is how after having 3 days of ridiculous free eating, total calories beyond many people's comprehension, after one rotation I find myself back at my lowest weight? How can that be...

3 days of free eating while LC would have resulted in a 10 pound gain, which would have taken 2 weeks to remove. So don't know why this is the case, I'm just happy it is!

Last edited by Kettleboy; 11-02-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
LOL-- I sometimes dates short guys, but I look better next to a tall guy! Makes me look tiny(er)... (I'm only 5'5.5", but DH says that I think he and I are the same height!) LOL
THis is confusing. Does DH mean dear husband? You also get to date other guys?
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the info Kettleboy! I agree with the LC issue! I sort of get why you evolve into eliminating the white bread, etc. When I was grocery shopping today I was thinking about what to eat on my DD and my UD and I decided I didn't wanna buy different stuff for different days, so I just bought the stuff for DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
THis is confusing. Does DH mean dear husband? You also get to date other guys?
I was confused by Soren on that too Cici! Not that I'd EVER wanna do that! One man in a lifetime is MORE than enough!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettleboy View Post

Been reading about the "magic", I honestly think a Lot of these benefits are purely from weight loss and the health benefits it brings. The one thing that I can't account for is how after having 3 days of ridiculous free eating, total calories beyond many people's comprehension, after one rotation I find myself back at my lowest weight? How can that be...

3 days of free eating while LC would have resulted in a 10 pound gain, which would have taken 2 weeks to remove. So don't know why this is the case, I'm just happy it is!
K, maybe the magic believes in you even if you don't believe in it!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
I don't know, Kettleboy, maybe not ... but give it a month or so more and reevaluate
I've lost this much before, and it hasn't been like this. at all.
Besides ... the last part sounds like you're starting to believe in the magic yourself
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Oh, of course a tremendous amount of the magic comes from weight loss and a much happier, healthier body. And some of the magic comes from the psychology of being in control of your eating - that every other day rotation is powerful.

, hang around awhile. Wait until you have not three days, but six weeks of barely restricted social eating like I did a few months ago. I fasted or ate very low from time to time, had the occasional clean DD surrounded by numerous UUADs - family reunion, house guests, visited friends - why is it everyone I know is a foodie or a great cook or a chef? And I ended the marathon at exactly the weight I started. There is more going on here than caloric restriction can explain.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/155/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I started JUDDDing about a year ago and I can attest to the JUDDD magic. I lost the last few pesky pounds that I couldn't get rid of no matter how low my carbs were, and have maintained easily. I did lose a little more than anticipated at first, but after awhile, my weight settle right around my goal and has stayed there with little effort. I continue to do very strict 600 calorie DDs and eat what I want on UDs. There have been many times when I've eaten three UDs in a row because of parties, family occasions, etc. Like you, I gain a little, but after going right back to my rotations, the extra weight is gone in a few days. I still love JUDDD and plan to eat this way for the rest of my life.

BTW, my DH's experiences parallel my own. We don't make a fuss about food on DDs. We both know what few low calorie things we enjoy and fix them for ourselves when we want to eat. Then we have a lot of fun on UDs, lol!

Congratulations on your success, and encourage your wife to continue. It gets easier and easier.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I think sorenkkg had a typo there and meant "dated" rather than "dates"

Thank you for the update, kettleboy, and congratulations to both of you on the weight loss.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

So the maintenance plan....

I like my DD'd, and I really do believe that if they get too high the Health benefits will be lost, as I believe much of the benefit is due to the digestive system being given a rest evey other day, which in turn allow healing, repair etc to happen.

So based on this I've moved to 3300 UD's and 750 DD's, I've now done this for two rotations, both UD's had very poor food choices but within quota, and guess what...

I've lost two pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
If you're unhappy with your continued losses, Kettleboy, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Ah, if only it worked that way!

I can't relate, but it must be frustrating to be losing when you don't want to any more. Good luck with getting your levels right and maintaining the body you want!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

I agree with LoCarbGal that while it may be frustrating to keep losing when you don't want to, I feel like I'd take that problem for a bit!

DH and I have decided that while we have weight goals, we'll just let our bodies settle at a natural weight based on our WOE. 140 is my final goal but if I go below that so be it! I just hope if I go below it I'll have the same dedication you have Kettleboy and not just start eating as I please again and gain it back!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
Oh maybe we have most of 'em - my husband is 6'5!
witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Apologies, my problem is probably a kick in the teeth, for those trying to lose. sorry..

I'll keep quiet
Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: witchyanne
Stats: 252/250/180
Start Date: November 2nd 2012
Quote:
Apologies, my problem is probably a kick in the teeth, for those trying to lose. sorry..

I'll keep quiet
Oh don't be like that!

1.) Men ALWAYS lose weight faster - you have a lot more muscle mass (and the thicker skulls as well )

2.) Sooo many people - especially men - on sooo many different diets say "how do I slow down?!" (google it, I'm serious.)

So do not worry about it if someone says something snarky - they are just a bit jealous (and I know they would admit it) that it comes so easy to men.

So whatever you do, don't do the passive aggressive thing - "I won't talk anymore" because that's sillly.

Instead, why not start a thread - Men's Dieting Issues:

Where men can go an chat about any issues - as you all are different to us physiologically.

Br proactive, man!

You're a man - YAY!

(Personally, if I am feeling like I am having a rough time I just won't read mens' threads because they are ALWAYS like yours. Didn't read your own til yesterday.)
witchyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Kettle boy, you're inspiring. Keep up with the sharing!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote