Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
Day 8... not so great...

I wish I could say that my awesome DD yesterday (400 calories) was worth it but the scale only went back to where it was previously. Yes I know it bounces but it just seems to bounce up and not down. I guess I need a heavier bounce.

MAYBE TMI.... do not read if easily grossed out...
Immediately after a semi-greasy lunch today.....

I had some major diarrhea. Is that normal on JUDDD? I've had greasy food in the last 7 days but I'm wondering if my body is flushing out for some reason. I've only ever had an explosion like that when really, really sick.
It was so bad that I had to stop at a gas station just to go. I guess I lost some weight though...

At least I'm not in the mood to eat anything more.

I have to keep telling myself that at least I am not gaining.

One thing to be happy about is that I wore my size 10 jeans on Friday and Sunday and just threw them on this morning to run errands. I know they have a lot of elastic in them but I could take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. I then got excited and pulled out my size 8's. There was no way those were even getting close to getting zipped or buttoned. Just keep trying!!! Need to be patient. Need to be patient.

I need some ***magic****????!!!!!
Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I don't know if the greasy food made you sick or maybe the food was bad. I'm not sure that has anything to do with JUDDD, but if your system is not use to heavy foods maybe it was just a shock

The magic takes some time... I know, I don't like to be patient, but JUDDD does work, however, not always quickly.

First, you need to build those SIRTs up with good DDs. Some say that can happen as quickly as 2 weeks, but my experience was that it takes longer for full saturation (and that's when the magic takes off.)

Secondly, we are only dieting every other day. I have to remind myself of this when the losses aren't fast enough for me. What I eat on many UDs would not be food most people would correlate with weight loss (pizza, pasta, buffalo wings, etc...)

If your DDs and UDs are not going over your calorie limit you can expect to lose weight. Just hang in and give the magic a chance. I would imagine that the body needs to adjust after HGC- maybe more so than other WOE, but I've never done HGC so maybe someone else will chime in about that
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I'm not sure if you've mentioned this elsewhere, but are you now adding carbs in after restricting them? If so, you might be experiencing a gain in temporary water weight as your glycogen reserves get replenished, and the weight should eventually go down as you start losing fat. Also, it may take some of us a bit longer to start losing on JUDDD for various reasons. I bounced up and down the same 2 lbs and even bounced up higher in weight for at least 3 weeks before I started losing. Thankfully I stuck with JUDDD though, since it's the only woe that got me to goal in a couple decades of dieting.

Hang in there, and measure yourself as well as trying on smaller pants. The scale doesn't always give an accurate picture.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you both for your responses.

Yes I am eating carbs now so it could be freaking my body out a bit. I'm glad to know it takes awhile for the magic to happen. I was really thinking that this would be the week I got under 140. I have been teetering between 143-145 this past week.

Thanks again!

I have really been in a grouchy mood since last Thursday. Thought TOM was coming but I'm still at least a week away. I don't know why I am so down on this WOE because if it works, it would be the easiest WOE that I have ever done. I apologize for being so crabby. I think my body and mind are having to adjust. I am having the most amazing dreams this past week and sleeping well although everyone keeps waking me up (maybe that is why I am crabby)
Hoping for a calmer and less stressful November!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
The JUDDD calm will come, too! Hang in and vent as much as you need. Sometimes the "crabbies" or big frustration moments are followed by a whoosh.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
hang in!

I find patience hard too... it can take months, not days, to change pants sizes , sad but true.

YMMV, but I find really frequent weighing a bit of a mind-bleep, so I just keep on with my *behaviour* which I can control, and don't sweat the results, which I can't, at least on a day by day basis.

I don't know how much you want to lose, but I also find that the last 20 lbs or so can be very hard won, as the body wants to keep some reserves. This makes me doubly regretful that I regained 35 of my 90 lbs lost years ago, but I am just hunkering down, and even at 4 lbs or so a month, it will go.

Jan 29-Feb 14: Potato hack (plus dinner every other day)
Feb 15 onward: ? back to JUDDD... or calorie counting with intermittent potato hacks
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I posted this on another thread, but want to make sure you (and other newbies) see it, so - with a few Donna-specific changes - here goes:

JUDDD Magic builds up gradually. And those lovely little sirtuin proteins have their own agenda. You may see very slow or even no weight loss at first. That will be because the SIRTs usually start by concentrating on healing before they settle down to fat-burning. You should see signs of the healing: improved energy, improved complexion, good old JUDDD Calm, our lovely NSVs. The fat-burning accelerates when your body is ready.

Your TMI shouts that you either have a bug or your body is still adjusting to this changed WOE. Do. Not. Panic. You are on the right path that leads to weight loss and enhanced health. And, as an oldster, I am delighted to believe all you youngsters are positioning yourselves to miss some of the feldergarb that goes with aging!

My first almost month I lost about a pound a week. Then, on Wednesday DD of the fourth week, I really did feel different, better, changed. And my weight loss rate jumped to two pounds a week. Not super fast, but I was delighted. And DDs became a complete breeze.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Nancy, thank you SO much for your post! I am new to this WOE, having started at the end of September. I must admit it is a little disheartening to lose up to 3 pounds and then a few days later when I weigh I have regained 2 of it..... I know being in my mid 50s certainly goes against me in weight loss, but I am going to keep on truckin! I just want to lose 20 or 22 pounds, but I think ANY weight loss is difficult, regardless of the number of pounds, as we get older.

Thank you!
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I'm glad that helped.

Now, can anyone figure out how to integrate Donna's daily titles with Stephanie's weekly titles and put it to music? I think we have the making of a JUDDD theme song here.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Donna, I've weighed after a down day and been 1.5 pounds heavier than after my up day. And have weighed after an up day to find myself down 1/2 pound or a pound. It's a roller coaster for sure. And if you checked my October weights it would show I haven't lost, but to me that's fine, as I had lows that were 3 pounds less than I am today and during this month had lots of days I didn't follow plan because life happened: company, high school reunion, travel, brewmaster dinner with lots of beer tastings and a bunch of fab food, mini vacation with foodie friends. So no loss/no gain is good and I'm very happy. I've done my best to do down days or moderate days when I can and next month, I'll be back on track. I'm looking at this as more for my overall health than for my weight. That helps my mindset.
"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Nancy and Zib... it is nice to know that I am not screwing up but just my body is adjusting. ADJUST AWAY!!