Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Certain Carbs~

Well i have figured out with the help of my friends that my recent failure at "maintance" was i figured i could eat things i dont normally eat IE Bread and more bread and Breaded items and Deep fryied breaded items .. Can you see a pattern here?? I am a Bread addict
Well What i had been eating prior to the weight gain was one slice of whole wheat type bread only once a week.. And i thought i was safe to just now eat as i felt.. That also included my newest addiction to Sweetpotatoe french fries diped in TONS of (sugar) Catsup.. So heres what I LEARNED...
1) Carbs are soo yummy! And i have no disapline when it comes to eating them in moderation..

2) By eating these items for (my body) This put on water weight which i am battling to get off now.. but also .. this lead to number 3.

3) Hunger!!! By consuming the items i have for long not eatenn i now woke up the monster that lives with in.. Wow was that hard to shut off!

4) Headaches were back.. not had one in so many months WOW i almost forgot what they felt like.

So Back to eating cleaner for me.. My body seams to not want to funtion well on tons of ketsup and breaded foods.. it was fun for a while, but.. now i am back in the program.. on track eating right ( at least for my body)
Scale is finally moving in the right direction agin.. and a day of fats seam to reset my hunger clock agin. So thank full just works the way it does.. but for me.. no processed foods and breaded items seam to be what my body funtions best on.. Just wanted to share today so i can remember how i flet and what happend if i ever decide to just have a "free for all" time again~

Much love to all~ and Have a happy JUDDD journey~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's good that you figured it out. WTG! I am not a big ketchup eater, and love sweet potato fries with a bit of chipotle mayo or even ranch. Maybe you could try that.

I also don't eat tons of bread, though when I do, I enjoy a good hearty dark Danish rye. I don't seem to overeat on that, though I will eat a whole baguette slathered in butter if it's in the house.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I Bread.. But its ok.. I just know now.. that eating the way i do.. is not only good for my waistline.. but even better for how i feel in genral :
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #4

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm right with you, Kimberly, in loving the bread. I haven't had any in I don't know how long. Being on Atkins prior to JUDDDing, I just pretended it didn't exist! I've been too scared to add it back in, and hearing your story, I don't think I will - not for awhile anyway.

I know for a fact that sugar and grains (white especially) are my downfall. They make me HUNGRY, they make me ACHY, and I feel SOOOO much better without them.

I'm so glad you figured it out. That should make a huge difference in your comfort and success going forward. Yay for you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Kimberly,

Same thing happened to me with the "hunger monster". I went back to my tried & true vlc. I would rather not have hunger, so I quit breads, beans, & potatoes except for a special occasion, such as birthday or holiday. And then in small portions. I have found a new love ... Olives! Green & black I dip them in jalapeno dip and wrap them in bacon. The large green are only 10 cals while the large black are only 5 cals!!! Can't believe I never ate them much before now!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Since doing JUDDD I have started to discover that not all carbs work the same on me. Potatoes seem to pose no real danger and will actually sit with me for much longer than one would expect a starch to stay. Carba Nada pasta is pretty filling, too.

Bread? That's in the danger zone.

And sugar? Forget it. A cookie or cereal will send me into a hunger tailspin. If I have them, I only have them at night, for a late dessert, when I'm relatively full and ready to shut down.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I've just done 3 weeks of lc/hf to calm the monster. The thing that I am realizing is that since I've been doing JUDDD I have learned more about my food weaknesses than any other time. I don't know if it's that I'm just ready to deal with it, JUDDD magic, having this place to come to or a combination. I am determined to keep trying and rid the monster. I want to be one who can enjoy any and all food in a respectful way to myself.
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Kimberly, I can relate. Glad you figured it out. It takes me a while to get it out of my system. Hope you have a quick recovery.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Over the last almost-year I found potatoes and rice are just delicious foods.

Breads and cakes, well, sometimes I could take them or leave them and sometimes they were hunger-triggers. Recently something changed in my system and now anything containing wheat (or maybe it is gluten?) is a guaranteed acid reflux attack, hunger almost out of control, and me feeling like I have the flu for several days. So, they are off my list. Big time.

Sweets seem to be following a similar path. Sometimes nbd, sometimes major triggers. Sigh.

Cindy said it on another thread: (paraphrasing here) JUDDD lets us eat anything, our bodies may have a different opinion...wisdom learns to listen to the body.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm so glad you identified it quickly and have a plan. I don't touch ketchup, but bread... good bread is moving into the proceed with caution zone. I broke my own rule of no cookies in the house. I ate 3 or 4 yesterday on my UD and barely slept last night. At least I didn't sleep walk eat them, but they will need to be hidden by DW before bed tonight. So- all that to say- I hear ya!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I too have a thing for most bread, but I have found I can have "Sourdough Bread" Great on a UD toasted with butter. I have about 2 slices a week. It is suppose to be good for digestion and is also suppose to make you "go" ( bathroom wise )

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My sister makes sourdough bread! Golly, I hope I can still eat that!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Hope she shares her recipe too!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
Mark Sisson of The Primal Blueprint says: If you eat bread at all, eat sourdough. Evidently the little sourdough yeast beasties do a good job of consuming the sugars in the bread--I had some Thursday night that was so incredibly sour that it made my mouth hurt!

How do you all do eating fruit? Any problems?? Hunger? Cravings? I'm trying to make my UD's veggie/fruit heavy and to stay away from other carbs--
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
Mark Sisson of The Primal Blueprint says: If you eat bread at all, eat sourdough. Evidently the little sourdough yeast beasties do a good job of consuming the sugars in the bread--I had some Thursday night that was so incredibly sour that it made my mouth hurt!

How do you all do eating fruit? Any problems?? Hunger? Cravings? I'm trying to make my UD's veggie/fruit heavy and to stay away from other carbs--
I don't eat it frequently since it usually makes me want more. I do enjoy it though, but am very wary of bananas. I have a star fruit in the fridge and will probably enjoy that tonight in case the power goes out.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I can have berries as long as I balance it out with good protein as well. I love blueberries and can add them to salad with a bit of cheddar, provolone and a side of chicken breast or fish. I love a little bit of strawberry on hwc too. I think what keeps the hungries away with berries is being balanced on the protein side. I have not been able to eat much other fruit, but would love to know what others have success with.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I should not be reading this before bed on a DD

I haven't quite clued in to the magic carbs that do or don't set me off, though I think for me it's also partly about combining... like, I have my high(er) fiber O cereal with almond milk... not as filling as eggs and bacon, but I've also learned not to have it every single UD

What I do know from my years of LC-- is that sustained time away from LC causes me to get 1 weird rash spot (sort of dry with some bumps, then it gets all dry and flaky?) on my left wrist. Just that one spot, over and over, each time I eat a ton of crap over a week or more.

So, that pretty much tells me that while I can try to integrate some carbs back into my life, it's going to be LC breads and almond meal for me for a long, long time...

btw-- foccacia with black olives. That's all I'm saying.

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I am glad you figured out what works and doesn't work for you Kimberly. I think that we all know our own bodies best. Bread is definitely one of my tread carefully items. I just got back from San Francisco and tried Boudin's sourdough bread for the first time and it is still calling to me. Glad we don't have it made fresh here! Take care.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #19

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
I've been eating berries all along on LC, in small quantities, but I've added apples back in. My alltime favorites are Jonathans, and I've been able to have several recently. I've had a banana or two. I haven't added any melons and am a little afraid of their high sugar. Will be an interesting experiment next summer when all the fruit comes into season again.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far, I do seem to be able to nosh any fruit with no triggers or ill effects.

I keep a variety of berries in the freezer and portion them out. But that is because they are my fave and so easy to keep/eat frozen.

Fresh bread...still warm from the oven...with good butter or great cheese...mmmmmm. Oh well, I'll always have the memories.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Fruit is great for me

Every week I have banana, apple, grapefruit or orange, blueberries or strawberries. In season have melon, peach or pear.

I always just eat half, and usually have them for breakfast on UD, but on a DD I have them for dinner.

Good Luck To us all fruit people!

Leona
Old 10-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Well i see there are alot of bread eaters out there! I am finally feeling more like my old self! Had an awsome DD yesterday with no hunger till about 7pm, then i had me some Chicken:yum: I really thought my trigger would be pasta .. seeing as it was all i lived on for years!! But i have no desire to even put a noodle in my mouth! .
As for Fruit.. I have found that i love love pinapple! Never really ate it before , not sure why? But it has no effect on me or the scale.. lots of berrys too~ Well thanks girls for the support.. I am only 2.2 pounds away from where i started, so i am more than pleased~ Love to you all~ And happy JUDDDING
Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #23

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Delighted to see you have things sorted again Kimberly.

Bread is always an issue for me too. I have found I can eat it, but only really good wholegrain bread is allowed in the house. I keep it in the freezer and take a couple of slices off at a time.

That way I just have an occasional treat of my toast and Marmite.

However, I was given a beautiful loaf of divine French Brioche on Saturday by way of a thank you from a French friend. Apart from 3 slices I have eaten it all

Not a good thing!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Marmite - can you tell us about this? here in the US I have not seen it. Is it perhaps like jam and used on toast?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #25

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh it is nothing like jam! I have already won Dawn over to becoming an addict,but it is a serious love/hate food, if you hate it you really hate it. Me, I love it!

It is a malt extract and very, very salty and savoury. needs to be spread thinly. Can also be used in hot water to make a tasty drink, like a vegetarian beef broth.

I'll find an image or too and link them if I can. Didn't seem to work but if you google you can learn a lot, more than you want probably!

Last edited by Kissa; 10-30-2012 at 07:44 AM..
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #26

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
If you can't, Nancy, give me a call, and I'll make the sacrifice and eat it for you!

I love bread and eat it every Up Day. But I don't waste the calories on anything that isn't really yummy artisan-type bread. Just finished a loaf of raisin pecan bread that made the most fabulous toast, and a loaf of good marble rye that mostly went into ham and Swiss cheese sandwiches.

Don't do the pre-sliced grocery store bread very much. It just doesn't compare. I have my breadmaker machine to do the kneading for me, then form the loaves myself and bake them sometimes too. Or just buy loaves that I've found to be good.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Kimberly, I'm so happy that you've figured out a 'trigger food' Now you can heal that relationship.

Speaking of Marmite - it's not a trigger food for me thank goodness. I used to have trouble with it, and looked it up on Wiki: "The main ingredient of Marmite is yeast extract" Just a word of caution for folks plagued by yeast infections. Marmite makes my yeast infection flare up to the point of desiring codeine based drugs to deal with the pain. Gosh, it does taste really good on a corn tortilla - bad combo, no doubt It's on my 'banned forever' list. My apologies to Marmite fans.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
If we keep talking about M--ite, I will have to mention CUCUMBERS!!! Cindy-- CUCUMBERS!!!!

bwahahahaha
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #30

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I wonder if Marmite would be good ON cucumbers? Or tomatoes? Bwahahaha!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote