Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Worryingly I know lots of people who ruin good Marmite by applying to cukes.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I have found that Dairy Queen ice cream does NOT set off a hunger binge, but cookies do. I donated blood yesterday and could not stop stuffing their cookies into my mouth. I had to force myself to stop because a couple other people came in and I didn't want to be a giant pig in front of anyone.

And bread! still one of my arch enemies too. DH brought home some breadsticks from Godfather's pizza the other night. I ate one because I had never had their breadsticks before and ended up gorging on them...even though I wasn't really hungry. I still have to watch what I eat very carefully or they turn me into a raging binge-a-holic.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I wonder if Marmite would be good ON cucumbers? Or tomatoes? Bwahahaha!
- No! I haven't google marmite yet- but never on tomato!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #34

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica View Post
I have found that Dairy Queen ice cream does NOT set off a hunger binge, but cookies do. I donated blood yesterday and could not stop stuffing their cookies into my mouth. I had to force myself to stop because a couple other people came in and I didn't want to be a giant pig in front of anyone.

And bread! still one of my arch enemies too. DH brought home some breadsticks from Godfather's pizza the other night. I ate one because I had never had their breadsticks before and ended up gorging on them...even though I wasn't really hungry. I still have to watch what I eat very carefully or they turn me into a raging binge-a-holic.
Can't say for certain, but you may very well find something wonderful happening to you the longer you are on JUDDD, and that is.. pretty absolute control in the face of all foods, including the carby ones. Many of us have had that happen for us.

There seems to be something that just turns around in our brains so that we start viewing all these foods from a different perspective and can eat a single serving, enjoy the dickens out of it, and leave the rest for another time. I think it's something about knowing in the deepest part of your being that you can have the stuff for the rest of your life and the only rule is to observe the portions, respect the calorie limits.. and if you do that, there is nothing off limits to you again. AND, you can enjoy it all forever if you have this control and respect for how the system works. Go with it, and be free to have it all. Don't obey the rules, and create a potentially BIG problem for yourself.

There is just something about the JUDDD way of eating that helps to restrain our view of food and eating. It's interesting to watch yourself adapt to a new way of eating all foods with restraint, though with utter enjoyment.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
So I googled it- I don't think I'll rush out to buy it since beer has the same effect as tomatoes

I can't say I would out right refuse to try it- like I do with tomatoes, but I'll pass for now. (I have tried beer and it's been like 20 yrs since it's touched my lips.)
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Pat is right!!
I never thought I'd be able to eat bread or the chips in a Mexican rest w/o going over the edge.

Guess what? I can eat bread regularly but don't because I don't like just any bread.
Also it depends on the presentation; I have no desire to eat cheap burger buns so will still order bunless....it just tastes better.
I love fresh sourdough w a hunk of cheese and nothing more. That's my fav.
I eat sandwiches in summer but rarely in winter probably because I'm home more and don't need anything to carry. For those, I love a good, hearty, whole grain bread.

So, really, there is no need to eat anything just because.....eat it because it is GOOD!!
And, as Nancy has said so many times before, if it is still a trigger, usher it back out and try again later.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Since doing JUDDD I have started to discover that not all carbs work the same on me. Potatoes seem to pose no real danger and will actually sit with me for much longer than one would expect a starch to stay. Carba Nada pasta is pretty filling, too.

Bread? That's in the danger zone.

And sugar? Forget it. A cookie or cereal will send me into a hunger tailspin. If I have them, I only have them at night, for a late dessert, when I'm relatively full and ready to shut down.
just what I was gonna say I have bread at the end of a meal with jam sometimes and treat it like cake. Also, I try and find the grainiest I can, as it fills me. White bread I put in the same category as sugar - totally EMPTY (except with a sausage in it, mmm-mmm....)
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/200/180
Kimberly, thank you for sharing! I'm a bread person too, and I think moving from Atkins to JUDDD has me in a bread n' butter frenzy....as well as all the other stuff I couldn't have on Atkins....It's very tough for me to tone down the "free eating on up day" to something more acceptable to my weight loss goals. Almost 3 months into JUDDD you'd think I would have gotten all that up day eating madness out of my system....Maybe I need a shock collar or something.

Taking time to read in here does help tame the beast though, especially when I see that we all have common struggles here and there.....

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #40

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Kimberly, thank you for sharing! I'm a bread person too, and I think moving from Atkins to JUDDD has me in a bread n' butter frenzy....as well as all the other stuff I couldn't have on Atkins....It's very tough for me to tone down the "free eating on up day" to something more acceptable to my weight loss goals. Almost 3 months into JUDDD you'd think I would have gotten all that up day eating madness out of my system....Maybe I need a shock collar or something.

Taking time to read in here does help tame the beast though, especially when I see that we all have common struggles here and there.....
"Free eating on Up Days" can be a questionable practice while we're still trying to lose weight. It works better for maintenance to my way of thinking. Although Dr. Johnson indicates we can eat freely on our Up Days, there is a very strong indication that we are to be aware of our UD calorie level and respect it, even if we aren't actually weighing and measuring out every morsel that goes into our mouths on our UDs. Although many of the very successful JUDDDers do exactly that for quite awhile... Weighing and/or measuring is the only way to assure accuracy, and if you don't do much of it, at least occasionally accounting to yourself for your UD eating will help rate of weight loss. Overeating only serves to counter all the hard work we put into fasting on our DDs. I always hate it when I know my overeating on an UD has just wiped out the good I did toward weight loss or maintenance on a previous DD.

When directing us to figure calories with his Calorie Calculator, he explicitly states we are to use the calorie calculator to help us figure out what our regular and Down Day calorie intake should be. He even terms the UD calories as our *Normal* calories, and we then figure our DD calories from our UD Normal calories.

So while he sort of speaks out of both sides of his mouth, it's pretty apparent that we are not to overeat by much on our UDs and that big calorie number given us by the JUDDD Calorie Calculator should be our guide for Up Day eating.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-31-2012 at 11:10 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbinca
Stats: 165/150/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2004 - restarted 8-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
"Free eating on Up Days" can be a questionable practice while we're still trying to lose weight. It works better for maintenance to my way of thinking. Although Dr. Johnson indicates we can eat freely on our Up Days, there is a very strong indication that we are to be aware of our UD calorie level and respect it, even if we aren't actually weighing and measuring out every morsel that goes into our mouths on our UDs. Although many of the very successful JUDDDers do exactly that for quite awhile... Weighing and/or measuring is the only way to assure accuracy, and if you don't do much of it, at least occasionally accounting to yourself for your UD eating will help rate of weight loss. Overeating only serves to counter all the hard work we put into fasting on our DDs. I always hate it when I know my overeating on an UD has just wiped out the good I did toward weight loss or maintenance on a previous DD.

When directing us to figure calories with his Calorie Calculator, he explicitly states we are to use the calorie calculator to help us figure out what our regular and Down Day calorie intake should be. He even terms the UD calories as our *Normal* calories, and we then figure our DD calories from our UD Normal calories.

So while he sort of speaks out of both sides of his mouth, it's pretty apparent that we are not to overeat by much on our UDs and that big calorie number given us by the JUDDD Calorie Calculator should be our guide for Up Day eating.
I've found that I can eat as much of whatever I want on UD as long as it's not processed food. No eating out or pkgd food at all, or the scale hovers no matter how D my DD are..
lowcarbinca is offline   Reply With Quote