Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jumping In With Both Feet!

Hey All! Another newbie on board.

First DD today and I am nervous! I have been reading voraciously on this forum and have gained so much useful information, so that is helping out ALOT!

I've done Atkin's more than I care to admit and have not ever been able to lose any substantial amounts of weight. My longest round was this past May thru September and all I was able to lose was about 18 pounds the entire time. While I'm proud of myself for sticking it out and never giving up, I have to admit there were times where I felt like I was walking a tightrope. Started reading about JUDDD and realized that maybe this is the lifestyle I was looking for. I've accepted that I won't be breaking any landspeed records for weight loss as I am verrrrrrryy slow in that department...darn that insulin resistance! However, I figured if I'm going to be slow I might as well be on a plan that will allow me to have some things every now and then without feeling like I'm deprived.

Sunday I weighed in at 243.5. Up from my sig weight again... so cannot wait to see those numbers go DOWN!

Looking forward to getting comfy here and having some success with you all!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
WELCOME!!!

I just started this WOE 3 weeks ago, and I want to let you know that this is the best eating PLAN ever!!! - Coming from someone who can't stick to anything more than a week, this diet does not make you feel deprived AT ALL, and is so fun and easy to fit into your schedule!

Goood luck!!! and looking forward to hearing about your journey!!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Be sure to post in the newbie thread too. Lots of comaradary and support here.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
"Jumping In With Both Feet!"

I heard the splash and figured we have another newbie.

I hope you enjoy JUDDD as much as I have!!! This WOE is a great WOL!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

You have just found the world's best WOE!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
WOE: JUDDD
Hi, Danielle!!

to JUDDD. You're going to love it here. JUDDD really IS all that and a bag of chips. Um, also cookies, if you're so inclined.

And come on over to the End of the World challenge (see sig) if you've got the time. You're an awesome challenge-mate, we've missed you!!

Lynne
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
! You're going to love it!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
welcome! looking forward to seeing your success here!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Welcome DesertGurl!
I started back in March and I love JUDDD. I had gotten to the point that I felt too restricted on Atkins and was just off plan and panicking watching the weight come back on. I was really worried because everything that had worked to lose weight when I was younger wasn't working and I was getting tired of trying. I am so thrilled that I found JUDDD because it works and it is fun for me! I feel so much better now and am ecstatic with my current weight. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. Those first few weeks were a bit of an adjustment for me but it is so worth while once you get used to it. Welcome and I hope you love JUDDD too!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You're going to love it!
JINX!!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Wow Wow! THANK YOU! You ladies absolutely made my morning!

Lynne~ headed over to the challenge now. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Welcome DesertGurl!
I started back in March and I love JUDDD. I had gotten to the point that I felt too restricted on Atkins and was just off plan and panicking watching the weight come back on. I was really worried because everything that had worked to lose weight when I was younger wasn't working and I was getting tired of trying. I am so thrilled that I found JUDDD because it works and it is fun for me! I feel so much better now and am ecstatic with my current weight. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes for you. Those first few weeks were a bit of an adjustment for me but it is so worth while once you get used to it. Welcome and I hope you love JUDDD too!
^^^^This is my EXACT feeling, couldn't have written it any better. Struggling with losing and then starting to feel like I was being wedged into a corner...I am SO glad I decided to try this! Thank you for sharing your experience.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/173.6/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
DesertGurl!!

I've been on JUDDD for 5 weeks & I've never been happier with any other WOE! I've lost 15 pounds so far. Just remember that DD's get easier!

Shari
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #14

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So good to have you with us Danielle. Watch out for a new November Newbie thread in a day or so. Or find the October one and the Introductory thread til then.

So many of us who respect all the LC principles were getting stuck and also missing so many of the wonderful food around us all the time.

I do hope you have the same success so many here have had.

Shari I didn't realise that you had now lost 15 lbs. Wow.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Danielle! You're going to love JUDDDing with us. I too came from Atkins after stalling, and I'm so happy to have more options now. I'll look forward to reading your posts as you progress.

Angie, so glad you're loving this WOE! Isn't it great???

Shari, WTG on those 15 pounds! You're rockin' it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
DesertGurl!!

I've been on JUDDD for 5 weeks & I've never been happier with any other WOE! I've lost 15 pounds so far. Just remember that DD's get easier!

Shari
Thank you, Shari. I'm relieved to keep reading that the DD's get easier!

Again, thanks to all of you who have been SO welcoming to me! I am thrilled to be here, excited for the first time in a very long time at the idea of getting somewhere finally!!

So far so good today. I've had to catch myself a couple times already in the midst of just putting something in my mouth mindlessly.. then realizing, I can't eat that today!! The relief comes in when i realize....I *can* have that tomorrow... that is, if it even sounds good then.

The hungries are so far behaving themselves. I think I can do this!!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
My experience with Atkins was not so different than yours. I lost 17 lbs total, never more than that, and ate relatively low carb for nearly a decade. I would lose weight so slowly that it could all be undone with one piece of birthday cake. And I could not live my life like that any more. I was probably eating too much protein, too many calories period. But the restriction of calories and carbs and protein was way too much for me to handle, especially considering I travel a lot for my job and am not always in control of my eating choices. I'm much happier on JUDDD and so far, more successful!

I hope you will be too!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
My experience with Atkins was not so different than yours. I lost 17 lbs total, never more than that, and ate relatively low carb for nearly a decade. I would lose weight so slowly that it could all be undone with one piece of birthday cake. And I could not live my life like that any more. I was probably eating too much protein, too many calories period. But the restriction of calories and carbs and protein was way too much for me to handle, especially considering I travel a lot for my job and am not always in control of my eating choices. I'm much happier on JUDDD and so far, more successful!

I hope you will be too!
I believe I have damaged my metabolism with all the yo-yo'ing I've done over the years. The very first time I ever attempted any real weight loss was about 10 years ago where I lost 80 pounds doing Slim Fast. To this day I have ZERO clue how I ever did it I found Atkin's about 2004 and lost about 40 pounds rather quickly..of course I regained it in a matter of seconds I would continue a series of attempts on Atkin's over the last few years, with a few bouts of WW's thrown in.. So, the most I've ever lost on Atkin's was that initial "golden shot" the first time with the 40lbs.. I've been chasing that ever since.

I was dx'd with insulin resistance (aren't we all anymore these days..) a couple years ago, and I'm just now realizing that my losses will be slow no matter what....either that or I just haven't found the right magic pill

I've grown tired of the frustration of trying to balance protein/fat, etc... is "X" too much, is "X" too little...drives a girl mad! The intention is to do this with lc tendancies so as to keep the cravings at bay!

Lookin forward to being successful right along with you!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hi Danielle!

I've been JUDDDing for 3.5 months and going strong. I'm so excited about this because this is right around the maximum period of time I have ever been able to do lowcarb, and I feel like I could really do this forever (something I've never really thought with any other WOE).

So glad you're here.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Hi Danielle!

I've been JUDDDing for 3.5 months and going strong. I'm so excited about this because this is right around the maximum period of time I have ever been able to do lowcarb, and I feel like I could really do this forever (something I've never really thought with any other WOE).

So glad you're here.
Thank you! Wow, I can't wait til I have 3 months under my belt. That's so inspiring. I love that this is potentially what I will be doing forever!

I am very glad to be here!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Danielle....I just know you are gonna love it here.

I did Atkins a few years ago. Lost weight but not to goal. Felt deprived. Hated that it couldn't fit into my life. (like eating Mex food out with fam). Gained back what I lost and "felt lost" as well.

I somehow found JUDDD, and never could have dreamed that I could get to goal, even slowly, and maintain so easily without any hint of deprivation!

I have been in maintenance now for a little over 6 months! It is such a doable way of life and I'm sure you noticed the support here can't be beat!!! WELCOME to what "never-really-felt-like-a-diet-to-me HEAVEN!!!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Danielle....I just know you are gonna love it here.

I did Atkins a few years ago. Lost weight but not to goal. Felt deprived. Hated that it couldn't fit into my life. (like eating Mex food out with fam). Gained back what I lost and "felt lost" as well.

I somehow found JUDDD, and never could have dreamed that I could get to goal, even slowly, and maintain so easily without any hint of deprivation!

I have been in maintenance now for a little over 6 months! It is such a doable way of life and I'm sure you noticed the support here can't be beat!!! WELCOME to what "never-really-felt-like-a-diet-to-me HEAVEN!!!!!:hugs:

Phyl
Thank you Phyl. Those last few sentences... so amazingly true! I am just floored at the amount of support that happens here. For everyone! *That* right there has sold me on this almost on its own, I just cannot believe it! I am feeling alittle bit of relief already on the 2nd day at the freedom that this lifestyle allows...what a freakin relief!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Danielle, if you believe you damaged your metabolism over time and diets, then you have seen signs and actually know it.

JUDDD Magic builds up gradually. And those lovely little sirtuin proteins have their own agenda. You may see very slow weight loss at first. That will be because the SIRTs usually start by concentrating on healing before they settle down to fat-burning. You should see signs of the healing: improved energy, improved complexion, good old JUDDD Calm, our lovely NSVs. The fat-burning accelerates when your body is ready.

My first almost month I lost about a pound a week. Then, on Wednesday DD of the fourth week, I really did feel different, better, changed. And my weight loss rate jumped to two pounds a week. Not super fast, but I am post-menopausal, do no consistent exercise, and - chuckle - very patient.

As Phyl, Cindy, many others and now I say over and over: the weight loss is amazing, the ease and stability of maintenance is over the moon. This is the first WOE I have found that makes me secure I am going to keep the weight off. All of my larger sized clothing has been donated. No purpose to keeping something I am never going to need again!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #24

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Danielle - how did the first day go? WE look forward to seeing LESS of you very soon. This is a plan that is literally FAIL PROOF!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #25

Yes,
Quote:
"never-really-felt-like-a-diet-to-me HEAVEN!!!!
Phyl says it beautifully.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Nancy~thanks for that great explanantion. I now feel like I've made the total right decision to do this. Heck, at a 1 lb loss per week, I'd be happy with that, even!! On Atkin's alone I got to where I was losing [I]maybe[I]2 pounds per month.. devastating for someone with alot to lose!!

Monica~I did great!! I did get a tad hungry but I survived. Ironically I had no cravings for anything so there was no talking myself off a ledge. I was afraid that I'd feel like eating everything in sight with so few calories, but I kept myself calm all day and realized that it was a-okay to feel a bit hungry.

Kissa~Yes, Phyl said it beautifully! I think it's my new mantra!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #27

Yes, one our favourite sayings here is "hunger is not an emergency."

Great work.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
You're off to a great start!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Great to have you here, Danielle. All the best with your first week.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote