Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Health Issues

Hi,

You may have seen that I was having some troubles on other threads. Just wanted to pull the discussion away from the threads that were focused on other things. I really don't think my troubles are caused by the JUDDD rotations but rather from some of the extreme things I was trying in order to get them right. I tried fat fasts, eating every hour, frankenfoods etc. on DDs, and eating any old tasty comforting food that I hadn't eaten in years on UDs. This past week it all came crashing down with some symptoms I could not ignore. My body was thrown way off balance and it was literally screaming at me to stop messing with it.

I come from a long line of herbalists and don't generally go to doctors. I treat supplements as medicine and try to heal my body without overdoing them. Balance in all things. Sooo..., starting today I am on anti-inflammatory foods exclusively, following Perricone's 3/day prescription and will see how many symptoms are left when I get done. When health returns, I will start morphing into some form of IF. I really do believe in the benefits of fasting so want to make a place for it. This time without the total lack of regard for wholesome food.

With regard to the benefits of fasting, have read in a couple places that the benefits to women and men differ, particularly with regard to glucose control. Google intermittent fasting for women to find these articles.

Anyway, that is what is going on with me.

cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hope you start feeling better soon. If not please go see a doctor. Some times we have no idea what may be going on in there if you really are feeling terrible. Do you have diabetes? I do/did. Mine is now under such good control I don't require meds, but in the beginning DDs were hard because of this. Please take care.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sending hugs Cici. Although we always say that JUDDD doesn't care what our calories are made up of, our bodies do.

Pleas keep us up to date on your progress.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Carly. No diabetes or even prediabetes as of testing 4 years ago and I have lost about 50 pounds since then. Also, no blood sugar symptoms. However, I had to cut wheat and dairy out totally some years ago and had gradually added both back in in small amounts. Since JUDDDing I went way overboard on these and many of my symptoms suggest a problem with these again. Also, have gone way overboard on saturated fat in the form of CO, butter, cheese. Want to check my blood pressure as well as that will elevate when I overdo the simple carbs/fat combinations. I have also been drinking too much coffee and not enough water. It is usually the simple things for me. Easy to regulate. Easy to get off track.

Thanks, Cindy. I will stay in touch. Am addicted to the love.

Last edited by cici52; 10-29-2012 at 05:24 AM..
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Feel better soon!
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sending hugs Cici. Although we always say that JUDDD doesn't care what our calories are made up of, our bodies do.

Pleas keep us up to date on your progress.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Mio drops have helped me increase my water comsumption by quite a bit, but I'm sure my body would mind getting even more!
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh, I am glad you have a plan to re-balance your system! Don't vanish! Let us know how the 3 day eating is doing. Whether you end up with a vastly re-planned JUDDD or something else...do not vanish!!!!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Cici, I am sorry you are having health issues. Sometimes we tend to ignore the signals that all is not well until we get a slap back to reality from our body! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Speaking of health issues, has anyone noticed their sleep disrupted since starting JUDDD? I usually fall to sleep very quickly and sleep soundly until the alarm goes off. In the last couple of weeks, I have started waking up during the night and cannot seem to get back to sleep. Then during the day I am terribly sleepy. This is bad because I work from home and sit at my computer all day. Any ideas? Thanks! BTW, I have been on JUDDD for 3 weeks.
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Homeworker, though my sleep pattern hasn't changed much, some here complain of sleep issues particularly on DDs. There is a whole thread dedicated to the discussion somewhere. I will try to find it and bump.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Cici, I'm so sorry you've been having problems! We all want to feel BETTER on this WOE. It does sound like you've identified the culprits that are causing your problems, and I'm glad you have a plan to ge re-balanced.

I'll second (or third or fourth!) the comments for you not to disappear on us. And let us know how it's all going for you. We want you to feel better!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
What everyone said Cici. Do stay with us.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everybody. I am already feeling much better after just one clean anti-inflammatory day. I have mapped out a DD using the same foods. If all goes well, I may try it tomorrow

Last edited by cici52; 10-30-2012 at 05:10 AM..
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Take your time. We want you healthy!

I looked at your anti-inflammatory diet. It certainly could be even reduced in place on a DD. And, once you are stable, inserting some form of IF should be do-able. I like it!!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:48 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Take your time. We want you healthy!

I looked at your anti-inflammatory diet. It certainly could be even reduced in place on a DD. And, once you are stable, inserting some form of IF should be do-able. I like it!!
I'm not sure I know what you mean by "reduced in place", but maybe that is what I have done. The diet in the book has a couple small differences from the website like using egg whites instead of 2 of the whole eggs and adds up to 1471 using 4 oz portions of salmon. To make a DD I removed the EVOO from the salad and cut out the snacks and reduced the portion sizes on everything else. If that works, I figure I can just add back proportionately to UD to be closer to my 1800ish. Does that make sense?

I am definately going to listen to my body as I try to start rotations again. If it takes a few more calories on DDs, so be it.

Last edited by cici52; 10-30-2012 at 05:50 AM..
Old 10-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pretty close to my thinking. By reduce in place I kind of meant smaller amounts of everything - trying to keep the shape of the WOE while reducing overall calories.

And, yes! I truly believe some of us do physically need to be a bit more liberal with DD calories. I never really ate the same calories two DDs in a row. Bouncing up to 45%, down to 15%, all over the place depending on my energy levels - well - I haven't been this small since high school so it must have worked.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lynne2u
Stats: 245/173/120
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
Speaking of health issues, has anyone noticed their sleep disrupted since starting JUDDD? I usually fall to sleep very quickly and sleep soundly until the alarm goes off. In the last couple of weeks, I have started waking up during the night and cannot seem to get back to sleep.
Attn. insomniacs!
lynne2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Cici, good for you listening to your body.

I'm one who has to be careful with my foods. I have food allergies (diagnosed in Jan of this year) to dairy, eggs and a couple of other minor things, and a definite intolerance to wheat, even though not technically allergic to it. I also have blood glucose issues when I eat sugar or refined carbs (and losing almost 30 pounds did nothing to alleviate that).

I had to take a couple weeks away from JUDDD to wrap my head around my allowable foods, but then came back to the rotations and have followed them ever since. Retesting of my inflammation markers this summer showed them as low as they can get (crp of .12 and SED of 0). I can now tell pretty much immediately when I've "cheated" with wheat, because my hands and feet hurt the next morning. I'm pretty good about not eating dairy or eggs at all, at least knowingly.

I've gotten pretty good at grain free vegan baking and have a few go to recipes when I want something 'bready' or a dessert.

Just wanted to let you know that JUDDD can still work even with some pretty restrictive food issues.

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 10-30-2012 at 08:09 AM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Thanks everybody. I am already feeling much better after just one clean anti-inflammatory day. I have mapped out a DD using the same foods. If all goes well, I may try it tomorrow
I think you are not alone in starting JUDDD and then adding back in foods you were missing.. FAST! Many of us do that right at first, and most of us go overboard with it, sometimes paying a price for our indulgence, even when we count the calories and it all fits into our calorie numbers.

I knew I wanted to eat from all three macros (fat-protein-carbohydrate) in my life, so just started with the added carbs right off the bat. I knew I would have a few pounds of added water weight show up on the scale, but it was no big deal to me.

But we do need to remember that if certain foods don't 'agree' with us from some standpoint, those are choices that we need to avoid or keep from eating but rarely in our diets. A step-daughter is lactose intolerant, and JUDDD won't fix that for her. She will always get a gut ache if she indulges, so she rarely does. If someone is sensitive to eggs, or peanuts, or wheat, JUDDD can't fix that for them. If certain foods cause a flair-up of arthritis pain, for example, that takes a lot of the desirability away from them, that's for sure!

For myself, after my early days of happy indulgence in lots and lots and lots of foods I'd been sorely missing, my diet pretty much fell into the pattern of eating whole foods, prepared at home, with some of everything and nothing off limits, but with a heavy emphasis on vegetables, fruits, seeds & nuts, animal proteins, and to a lesser degree the grains and natural sugars. For example, I usually enjoy some bread on every Up Day, but rarely more than a single slice or two at the most. Sometimes we have a sweet dessert, but not every Up Day.

I hope you are feeling well again very shortly. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you choose to eat, so you are completely free to choose the foods that make you feel the very best. Diet does seem to effect us individually, so as we eat the foods that work the best for us as individuals, I think we begin to feel strength and vigor and vitality.. the pink of health.. as we all desire.

I will look forward to reading of your improved health very shortly. Hugs!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Awww, Cici52 sorry you've been feeling unwell. Listen to your body and make the changes you need for optimal health.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici, how are you feeling? I realize it will probably take more than two days to turn yourself around, but, how are you feeling?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Cici, how are you feeling? I realize it will probably take more than two days to turn yourself around, but, how are you feeling?
Awfully nice of you to be concerned. I'm a little embarrassed about the fuss.

Today was Day 3 of the anti-inflammatory foods and I did a DD ending at 625. Could have eaten less but was being easy on myself. Generally I feel a little better and was calmer for most of the day but have some digestive gassy type pressure in my chest and acid feeling but no reflux. Have been belching some and that helps. Actually wonder if this might be caused by eating protein before fruit as prescribed. A practice that is reversed from what I believe is necessary for the fruit to digest properly.

This evening having some anxiety. The best I can discribe it is feels like I'm on some kind of speed. Not as acute as a panic attack (which I do have from time to time) but sort of an ongoing revved up feeling and GABA didn't seem to do much to counter it. However, I just took some DE and that actually feels good on the tummy. Am hoping for a good night's sleep. Seem to be feeling sleepier as I type so maybe things are calming down. Maybe just talking it out did some good. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fingers crossed the stress you felt is part of reintroducing more complex combinations of healthy foods and your body gets it sorted out soon.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Today I woke up craving squash so had acorn squash and eggs for breakfast with just 1/2 tsp COBU (i have premixed CO and butter). No fruit. Herbal tea. All systems feel pretty good so far.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you are continuing to feel better. I think I'll go make some tea!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Cici,
Hi.
I just want to let you know that JUDDD did not set well with my 'system'. I began to feel very unwell during week 3.
I was really doing a good job of eathing healthy things like sw. potato, squash, other veggies vs. sweets on my UP and Down days.
I had to go back to LC. I believe in JUDDD Magic and just wish I could fit my body into this WOE.
I have been back on LC for about 4 days. I am using a lot of what I learned on JUDDD to stick to it. I am eating more fish than red meat, more LC veggies than I usually allowed and much less dairy. I am not eating frankenfoods or trying to make up a psuedo recipe for an 'old favorite'.
I just wanted to tell you that you are not struggling alone. I will never stop reading this forum as I have come to love all of you.
I so hope you can make this WOE work for you. Please keep us posted.
Blessings,
Pat
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great and positive steps Pat! You can do it!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Pat, I am so sorry to see this did not work out for you. We each have to find our own way to healthy and I wish you the best and thank you for your honesty. Your LC sounds a bit like primal eating depending on how many veggies you are eating. So glad you have a plan.

One thing we have in common is recognizing a point in life when what we were eating felt good and right. For me it was when I was wheat and dairy free. I just got sick of not fitting in at family festivities that revolved around dinner so after a couple years slowly reintroduced the offending substances and was okay as long as it was an occasional and limited indulgence and I went right back to eliminating them from the diet. When I got to the point of having them daily I stopped losing weight and started having control issues. When I got to the point of thinking with JUDDD that I could have anything on UDs, I lost my ability to have good DDs and started having health issues. My body does well on clean whole foods and if I can get the junk out, then maybe this WOE still has a chance of working for me. Since I have been on some kind of diet since about age 10, I was just kinda hopin' I could enjoy the goop without consequences for a while.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/225/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
Cici, I'm far from being a Doctor or such, but when i'm hyper and my mind races, often DD's, Magnesium and Taurine are "MY" answer, just a thought, and something you may have already tried.

Google it
Kettleboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Pat, I am so sorry to see this did not work out for you. We each have to find our own way to healthy and I wish you the best and thank you for your honesty. Your LC sounds a bit like primal eating depending on how many veggies you are eating. So glad you have a plan.

One thing we have in common is recognizing a point in life when what we were eating felt good and right. For me it was when I was wheat and dairy free. I just got sick of not fitting in at family festivities that revolved around dinner so after a couple years slowly reintroduced the offending substances and was okay as long as it was an occasional and limited indulgence and I went right back to eliminating them from the diet. When I got to the point of having them daily I stopped losing weight and started having control issues. When I got to the point of thinking with JUDDD that I could have anything on UDs, I lost my ability to have good DDs and started having health issues. My body does well on clean whole foods and if I can get the junk out, then maybe this WOE still has a chance of working for me. Since I have been on some kind of diet since about age 10, I was just kinda hopin' I could enjoy the goop without consequences for a while.

(first time I used an emoto)
I so understand, I so understand.
Pat
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote