Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Doing JUDDD without telling my family (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/787647-doing-juddd-without-telling-my-family.html)

tay65 10-25-2012 04:20 PM

Doing JUDDD without telling my family

I've done JUDDD before and part of the reason I failed is my family bugged me to death about it. "Are you eating today?", "I dont see how this is going to work", "why are you eating so much one day and hardly anything the next, just even it out"! Getting those types of questions and statements over and over drove me nuts!
So this time, I'm not saying a word. No matter how many times I explained JUDDD, they didn't leave me alone.
I wonder how long it will take them to notice I'm losing weight! LOL

SICCHI 10-25-2012 05:32 PM

my fiance is the same about any diet I do. It has been 2 months and still he doesn't know. Every second day at dinner I just 'had a big lunch that day' :rofl:

b_lou_who 10-25-2012 05:36 PM

If you don't draw attention to it they probably won't notice. People are generally so self focused they won't be aware, especially if you stick with healthy foods all the time. I've been doing IF since February and work with family. None of them know about it. I just recently said to one person that I am being strict about about what I eat every other day, but since I eat clean as a habit they cannot even tell. And that includes three days this week only consuming liquid hemp protein. You can do it and never have to share all of the details.

tay65 10-25-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SICCHI (Post 16038472)
my fiance is the same about any diet I do. It has been 2 months and still he doesn't know. Every second day at dinner I just 'had a big lunch that day' :rofl:

Has he noticed you've lost weight?
I think they try to be supportive, but it's like they become obsessive and the questions and their "input" drives me crazy!
I have to remember that excuse for not eating!

:stars:

WantToBeSlim 10-25-2012 05:47 PM

I'm not telling anyone I'm on JUDDD (well ok my mum and bro know but that is it). One because I can't be bothered to explain how it works and two I know I'll get the "I can't see how that's gonna work" comments ... I had way tooooo much of that while on my previous plan. And I think it will be nice when someone realises I've lost weight without knowing I was even on a diet :D

tay65 10-25-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 16038480)
If you don't draw attention to it they probably won't notice. People are generally so self focused they won't be aware, especially if you stick with healthy foods all the time. I've been doing IF since February and work with family. None of them know about it. I just recently said to one person that I am being strict about about what I eat every other day, but since I eat clean as a habit they cannot even tell. And that includes three days this week only consuming liquid hemp protein. You can do it and never have to share all of the details.

You are so right! I'm going to keep quiet and see how long it takes anyone to notice any weight loss I have.

tay65 10-25-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WantToBeSlim (Post 16038498)
I'm not telling anyone I'm on JUDDD (well ok my mum and bro know but that is it). One because I can't be bothered to explain how it works and two I know I'll get the "I can't see how that's gonna work" comments ... I had way tooooo much of that while on my previous plan. And I think it will be nice when someone realises I've lost weight without knowing I was even on a diet :D

Thats what I'm looking forward to!

gotsomeold 10-26-2012 03:54 AM

:hugs: I'm sorry you are surrounded by people who think they know what is best for you.

I know you are going to show 'em!!!!

jenericstewart 10-26-2012 04:07 AM

Most heavier people aren't going to be as supportive. Thin people are more apt to be encouraging.:shake:

I didn't tell my my son or husband, who live in my house, about my diet for two months, until I realized it was working. Because I'd always pooh-poohed diets (because of my history with them), they both were sceptical because they didn't want me to be hurt. Now, after four months, they're on board with me all the way.:jumpjoy:

tay65 10-26-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 16038900)
:hugs: I'm sorry you are surrounded by people who think they know what is best for you.

I know you are going to show 'em!!!!

I sure am! I'm going to keep updating on my progress and if my family is noticing.

Kismet311 10-26-2012 04:14 AM

I NEVER tell people what I'm doing to lose weight. You get ridiculous comments and advice. It's just not worth it. I would be able to do JUDD fairly easily because I am at work all day and my hubby would have no idea if I was eating all day or not hahah. I would definitely have to have dinner though or he would notice that since I love to eat :)

tay65 10-26-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16038913)
I NEVER tell people what I'm doing to lose weight. You get ridiculous comments and advice. It's just not worth it. I would be able to do JUDD fairly easily because I am at work all day and my hubby would have no idea if I was eating all day or not hahah. I would definitely have to have dinner though or he would notice that since I love to eat :)

My husband works alot, and he said the other day he's going to go in on the weekends til Christmas. So I think it's going to be fairly easy to hide it. He just always brings home "goodies" that some of the ladies make for him to bring home! He may get suspicious if I don't dive into them! LOL

Kissa 10-26-2012 04:57 AM

Easy enough to say 'I feel too full just now' or 'You should see what I ate at lunch' if it is a D, and of course, because this is magical JUDDD, on an UD you can just dive in. :)

tay65 10-26-2012 05:04 AM

I'm going to be the Queen of excuses! LOL
Lost 2.3 lbs after an UD! Whoop! Whoop!

Kissa 10-26-2012 05:11 AM

Whoop indeed!

libjas 10-26-2012 05:12 AM

I keep reading about JUDD and don't understand it. I am on LC diet now and so
far successful. I have never posted before...nice to meet you all.

Kissa 10-26-2012 05:18 AM

Lovely to meet you too libjas, how lovely you should choose to post with us for your first ever post.

I am so pleased that Atkins is working well for you. I did it for many years, then it just stopped working for me and I did miss eating all the wonderful foods on the planet.

JUDDD is explained here http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...nside-see.html

It is a very different plan to Atkins, although a lot of people do Low Carb and JUDDD together.

tay65 10-26-2012 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libjas (Post 16038983)
I keep reading about JUDD and don't understand it. I am on LC diet now and so
far successful. I have never posted before...nice to meet you all.

Nice to meet you! Read up on JUDDD and you will definitely be curious about it. I love it! Just know its not a quick loss. That helps to keep the weight off, I think. If you decide to join us, we'll cheer you on!

zipp2play 10-26-2012 05:50 AM

You will do well! It is honestly no one's business what you eat besides YOURS

tay65 10-26-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipp2play (Post 16039043)
You will do well! It is honestly no one's business what you eat besides YOURS

I noticed you lost 20.6 lbs from JUDDD.....how long did it take you?

LoCarbGal 10-26-2012 09:13 AM

Thanks for posting with us, libjas. Yes, definitely read up on JUDDD to fully understand. It's not difficult, just different from most other diets we've all been on.

I had lots of success on Atkins too. Twice. Once 12 years ago (gained it all back plus, darnit!) and earlier this year. Then I got stalled and found JUDDD. It's a relief to be able to eat more normal foods again. I still try to stay lower carb because it just feels better to me, but I do have the occasional treat. The holidays will be marvelous this year!

If you decide to JUDDD, join us, we'd love to have you. For that matter, we'd love to have you while you learn and explore what JUDDD is all about!

tooraloora 10-26-2012 10:01 AM

only my BF knows about JUDD. A few others know I am (once again) working to lose my love chub (and divorce chub)... but I just don't care to get into any explanations about how etc. I figure it's none of their beeswax. I have thought about sharing it with a GF who seems to have a very low metabolism (eg did WW faithfully for 10 weeks and lost 1.4 lbs), but she does have some medical issues so I don't want to recommend something that might be not right for her... although maybe she could check that out w her doctor.

with my son who is here every other week, on a DD, I just eat lots of veg and some protein, and he and BF have that plus spuds or pasta, and I don't say anything, and he hasn't either... I think if he did I would just say I had a big lunch or something.

KeirasMom 10-26-2012 10:18 AM

Your WOE is your business. That being said, I just can't keep my mouth shut. EVERYONE I know is in on my WOE, from my friends and coworkers to my hairdresser and the cashier at Wendy's! :hyst:

tay65 10-26-2012 10:49 AM

If I didn't get the constant "are you eating today" sarcasm, I'd tell my family. Then there's the "wish you would eat with me" from my hubby! And this is a man who eats tons of potatoes!

Kettleboy 10-26-2012 11:00 AM

I started this way with other half, now she is on it too 5lbs in 10 days, for someone who really struggles to lose weight, a convert....

tay65 10-26-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kettleboy (Post 16039751)
I started this way with other half, now she is on it too 5lbs in 10 days, for someone who really struggles to lose weight, a convert....

Thats awesome!
:jumpjoy:

LoCarbGal 10-26-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kettleboy (Post 16039751)

So nice she's joining you in this, Kettleboy!

Kissa 10-26-2012 02:21 PM

That is great Kettleboy.

angie1 10-26-2012 02:40 PM

I fully understand this. I haven't told anybody except my boyfriend, and direct family since I definitely need their support. But even they thought this was some sort of "anorexia" diet -- and question are you on a eating day??

So from that impression, I decided also not to tell anybody else and just go on with my day.

Carly 10-26-2012 03:23 PM

I don't say much to friends or co-workers, but a few people have been persistent in wanting to know "my secret" so I say "Just Google The Alternate Day Diet- you can read all about it." I have a co worker who did just that and is now happily JUDDDing and DW started in June. Most people are happy for me, but in the beginning I'm sure many would have been skeptical or would have been "concerned". Now my shrinking self is proof enough.