Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Lost 2.3 lbs after an UD! Whoop! Whoop!
WTG Tammy!

I normally don't tell anyone about JUDDD. I kept it a secret from my hubby for the first month until he started asking questions. Then he decided to join me and now he tells EVERYONE he can about the diet. Mostly he likes bragging about what he can eat on UDs.
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
WTG Tammy!

I normally don't tell anyone about JUDDD. I kept it a secret from my hubby for the first month until he started asking questions. Then he decided to join me and now he tells EVERYONE he can about the diet. Mostly he likes bragging about what he can eat on UDs.
Thanks! I kinda had to say something to my husband. He saw the post of me saying I was leaving the house when my daughter got home. Kinda sounded like I was meeting someone! LOL I didnt completely tell him. I avoided that. Whew!
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
I kinda get tired of the "is this an up day or a down day?" questions from my DH every day. And it seems like he can NEVER get them straight either. Our conversations go something like this:

DH: what kind of day is it for you?
me: Down
DH: so you can eat whatever today right?
me: (exasperated because I have this conversation with him at least twice a week) NO, it means I can't eat much today.
DH: oh

Then on UD's, he wants to take me to Stuckey's, where he works, to eat. The good thing about that is, we get free Dairy Queen, all year round. But I only feel comfortable doing that like once every 2 weeks or so because I am (once again) trying to reign in my UUAD's to controlled UD's and write out strict menus for myself. Sometimes I feel like he is trying to sabotage me, but then my logical side kicks in and I realize he's just being nice.

But definitely loving the fact that I can actually eat Dairy Queen again.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I'm bumping this up because I am interested in the topic, and would love to hear from some of the original posters on how keeping it a secret went now that it has been several months.

I have told my husband (in detail) and my daughters (in general), but I plan on keeping it a secret from every one else. I don't want to see the rolled eyes, or hear about how I just need to eat in moderation. JUST! If I could, I would! On top of my low carb ways, I know it would just make some of my friends think I was crazy.

I don't do a lot of eating out, but I do have one social occasion every month without fail with my main group of friends. They are used to me bringing my own low-carb food when I am 'being good'. If it was just a salad, I don't think they'd say much. But I have to manage to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT! I love to talk.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Most of my co-workers know now and no one rolls there eyes now that 75 pounds are gone. I definitely don't explain it to everyone. If they really persist I either say "Google The Alternate Day Diet" or I jusy say "I've been counting calories."
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I never told anyone at work until I had lost about 25 pounds and then a few asked questions. I rarely ate lunch in the break room during that time but I never did so it wasn't a change. My DH knew what I was doing but not that I was only eating 200-300 calories a day. I just told him it was my low calorie day.
Now I can eat a dry salad at a function and no one notices that I am doing it. People are usually interested in themselves and don't even notice what others are eating. If anyone ever pushed me to eat something, I just said I didn't feel very well that day and since it was a DD that was the truth in a way.

Now everyone wants to know what I do.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 03-24-2013 at 06:48 AM..
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
I did not tell anyone not even my husband. He saw me buy the Alternate day diet book but didnt really ask about it. I have my calorie tracking app on my phone and even bring it to the dinner table so i know how much i can have for dinner lol if he thinks it is strange he hasnt mentioned it. When talking with others i just say i count calories. Nobody has questioned it yet.
Kismet311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
The nice thing about this WOE is that, with the EOD, its kinda easy to put most people off a day if you need to.
I told my hubby, but I know I can without judgement. He knows, and will ask, DD or UD? If its a DD, he won't say something about going out or whatever.
At work, I did tell 2 people because they noticed I'd been losing weight and asked. I kinda gave a brief outline, and told them to google JUDDD. They both immediately started telling me how IF is bad for you and how it sounded really hard. I let it drop. Since I will often do potato DDs, they see me eating lunch. Although sometimes we're too busy for lunch and people tend to not focus on what we're doing so...
When friends want to go out, I usually try to put it off to an UD. Easy to do with a semi-unpredictable work schedule and a toddler.
From now on, when people ask I will just say that I'm counting calories (true) and I'm increasing my exercise (also true). This kinda irritates people because they all want the "Magic Bullet" - no one wants the pat answer of less in, more out. Not entirely the whole truth but if you're doing to judge/argue then I will not share the secret, grasshopper!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Evie1978
Stats: 275/215/150
WOE: Exercise/Diet lost 60 then stall/JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 2013
Only people that I've told are my mother and my little girl. It's so adorable how she asks me every morning, "Mommy is today your up day or down day?" She is so supportive. xoxo...the rest of my family? Not so much. I love them, but my siblings are fitness fanatics and they think they know EVERYTHING about everything. My brother has been a personal trainer for multiple gyms and works as one on the side now that he's a professional. My sister was the track star of our high school and still works out like a crazy person. Every time I've started a new diet, I get a ton of unsolicited advice from both of them and it drives me crazy. This time, I've decided not to tell anyone anything apart from my mom and daughter. It's just easier that way! This forum is a great place to get ideas and discuss struggles and results sans judgement!
Evie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I told my husband and son right away, my parents and siblings about a month in, and at work I didn't say anything until I had lost about 50 pounds and people began to notice. You can easily get away with keeping it to yourself if you want to.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shepheka
Stats: 130/118/110
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: April 4,2014
The main reason I come here is because I get no support from my co-workers and family. They always judge me. What crazy diet is she doing now. In truth, I have tried about every diet out there, and I am always watching my weight. You have to or it will get out of control. What I love about this way of eating is that I can indulge every other day. Nothing is forbidden! I get to eat some foods that I haven't enjoyed for years! How great is that?
shepheka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
That is why my co-workers could not understand how was losing so much weight. I would make a point of eating in front of them on UD's but not on DD's. They never noticed that it was EOD. The looks on their faces was priceless when I would help myself to the goodies in the break room such as carrot cake. I apologize but I enjoyed that. And I kept getting smaller and smaller.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I think my co-workers (the ones I work with closely, who know) are supportive. I also think they secretly wonder if I will actually lose all that I told them I want to lose eating the way I do eod. One was interested. I ordered the book for the library and she skimmed it but said she isn't ready to start any diet right now. A lot of them say they can't believe I need to lose "that much weight", but they knew me 20 years ago when I was at a lower weight than I want to get to now (and I have never been underweight) , so I don't understand how they can say that.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Your WOE is your business. That being said, I just can't keep my mouth shut. EVERYONE I know is in on my WOE, from my friends and coworkers to my hairdresser and the cashier at Wendy's!
There's nothing quite like seeing that the proof is in the pudding, and you've definitely proved that JUDDD works! You are a very strong motivator, Dawn. Congratulations on being able to show others how fantastic this can be and being willing to share!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
That is why my co-workers could not understand how was losing so much weight. I would make a point of eating in front of them on UD's but not on DD's. They never noticed that it was EOD. The looks on their faces was priceless when I would help myself to the goodies in the break room such as carrot cake. I apologize but I enjoyed that. And I kept getting smaller and smaller.
LOL Adi! That is fun!

Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
AdiI can just picture your co-workers...lol
Kimberli33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
My co-workers who I am closer too I have informed them of JUDDD and they've been supportive. I do hate that "what type of day is it" question though. A few of my best girls know and my boyfriend who is a cop and seems to get caught up at work on my DDs so score for me. He doesn't love this WOE but he's reading the book bc he wants to be informed. My family isn't the most supportive so I haven't said anything. Kind of want to lose a decent amount before I find myself spilling my guts to them.
LiLi914 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #48
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I work in a small office of 6, my DH is one of them. He and I went on this WOE together. He lost 40 pounds in less than 3 months and I lost around 20 in that time. We didn't say a thing to anyone here. My extended family know, but they don't live in our town. Proof is in the results. When people do ask, I merely tell them I am calorie cycling! If they pursue, I say, google JUDDD.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I realize this is a bumped thread, but first wanted to congratulate so many, both in the 2012 and 2013 posts! Monica, I didn't know your husband had had those results. Hurray.

Also, here are my two cents on anybody choosing not to tell about JUDDD. Just ask yourself why you aren't telling. If it's because it's nobody's business, or would cause you an inconvenience that you choose not to have, that's cool.

But if it's because others around you don't speak to you in a respectful way, address that issue, okay? And set some boundaries if necessary. Everyone deserves respectful responses to what they do and say. If you're hearing something else, and dreading someone's criticism or judgement, please take a good look at that relationship and ask yourself how it needs to change.

((()))