Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
I've been everywhere, Man!

Anyone remember the Johny Cash song?? That's how I feel right now! I'm in between trips again. I've "been every where" -Escondido - Tahoe - Hawaii - Seattle - Florida and now 2 more trips coming....

We got back from Florida. It turned out to be an awesome time with DH's family. When I was in Florida I was somehow still on Hawaii time. That's a 6 hour difference.

Eventually it balanced out and now I'm back on California time.

I thought I only had one more trip -- to Monterey Bay (which I love, love, love) but my BFF called this morning and ask me to join her in San Diego for a girlfriend week the day after I get back from Monterey. Yikes.

So, I have to pack for 2 back-to-back trips with only half a day in between. I decided to pack one suitcase that should get me by for both weeks if I find time/place to do laundry and recycle everything.

Good News: JUDD works! I had fully intended to stick to strict rotations in Florida, but after a few days fell off the wagon. By the end of that 8 day trip I had gained 4 pounds. (That was after the Hawaii trip where I only had 2 good DDs to knock off that lovely vacation gain! Whew! Glad it worked!)

After the first good post-Florida DD I was back down 3 and the other # came back off on the second DD. Yay JUDD!!!

Bad News: I'm a bit travel weary. Ya think??? And, I have abandoned any type of exercise program. My new plaid shorts button, but the waist band is very tight. I'm taking them with me anyway because the hotel in Monetery has a lovely fitness room, plus a wonderful walkway along the ocean and I hope to drop some inches.

It's not my imagination. I have gained some fat according to my tape measure and my body monitor scale which measures fat%. DANG!!! Double DANG!

I mostly see it in my underarm fat and waist. Now I have an "inches off" goal and want to work towards some serious baggy butt syndrome!

I've been reading some posts while doing laundry and it feels good to always be able to come home to JUDD and my Budds!

Hopefully when I get back from San Diego (where BFF and I will be celebrating her birthday with champagne, meals out and various adult bevereges coupled with laziness) it will be time to settle in to a great JUDD routine and more WL successes.

Today is a DD and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! Who knew that could be true??

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD
I was just thinking about you yesterday!
Glad you're having fun and look forward to your return.
Livin life the JUDDD way
Jbinme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbinme View Post
I was just thinking about you yesterday!
Glad you're having fun and look forward to your return.
Livin life the JUDDD way
Thanks for thinking of me! I've been thinking of all of you, too. I have not been taking my lap-top with me and wouldn't have much time to be on line anyway. But it sure is fun to pop in and catch up with everyone!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Great to see you Yam! Welcome back, for however long we have you before the next grand excursion.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Yes- I know the song. Glad to have you back if only for a bit. I'm so glad you are living it up and being a JUDDDing world traveler! World Wide JUDDDing!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Glad you checked in to say hi! Enjoy your next couple trips! If you start to feel run down, make sure you get lots of sleep so you don't get sick (I bug my husband about this all of the time because he travels so much for work).
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
back! Thank you for showing me JUDDD in action! I don't travel much. But, it helps to know that a little weight gain can quickly be taken off by jumping right back into rotation! Enjoy your next 2 trips!

Shari
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Enjoy it all sweetheart and come back to us full of laughter. Miss your sunshiny disposition gamgams
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Welcome home, even if only for a very short time. I think you missed some very cold weather in CA.

I went sailing on the catamaran in your picture the other day. A lovely outing. We'll sail on it next time you are here.

Have more surgery on my hand next Wednesday. Still can't cook so eat what is prepared. I still seem to be losing, though, so that is good.

Enjoy the rest of your travels. The JUDDD BUDDD's will be here when you get back.

Hugs
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Have missed you Yam! Have a blast. Be safe. Look forward to your future wonderful posts!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:06 AM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are the best advertisement for JUDDD in Action, lol. Well done on holding steady by fitting in the DDs as and when you can. I always think of the diagram in Dr J's book of the Sirtuin filling up a bucket and slowly emptying again, then filling up again. You are living proof that this works.

As soon as you stop all this wonderful gallivanting you know that your body will be thrilled to get back to exercise and the inches will soon drop away.

I had a long time without exercise and I found that I got bigger in the same spots! Must be an age thing. I am so loving getting back to my classes and soon hope to see things tighten up again.

Have fun in Monterey............how could you not?

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Seabreezes, just wanted to say how sorry I am to read that you are still not back to rights. It must be 9 months or more since your accident. Hopefully this is the last operation you will need.

Anyway, I am sending love and lots of healing your way.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #13

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I am so jealous of all your wonderful Travel! Live it up girl! You can always walk, no matter where you travel to!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Welcome back YAMYAM (even if only for a few posts) We all miss hearing from you, but its awsome to know that you are living life to its fullest and still able to keep those numbers at bay. I know all to well about the whole up in fat numbers, been there doingi that! lmao but.. Its ok~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
How fun! And how nice that JUDDD is tagging along with you on your travels! Perhaps you need to come to Wisconsin and leave some of that JUDDD magic in your wake.
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #16

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I just have to be the party pooper and mention: Every. Single. Time. I. See. This. Thread . . . . I get the song stuck in my head!

Okay, rant over. Can't wait until you're back with us more regularly, but enjoy all the lovely travel!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi Yam. Thanks for the continued inspiration.
Enjoy, take care, come back to us.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Well done Yam!

I know how you feel, though I think you are traveling more for fun than I've been this year... but JUDDD has totally been a life saver for me too.

I loved my short stay in Monterey a few years ago-- what hotel do you go to?

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I was wondering where you were, just yesterday!! Boy, I want to be you!! To be able to do fun travel adventures like you do must be simply awesome!!

Where in San Diego will you be?

Glad you are enjoying the good life Yam-Yam!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Yam-Yam, it'll be great to have you back posting regularly again. Enjoy these next visits and have a blast! How wonderful to have had so many fun trips! But I get the travel-weary thing. Sometimes you just want to be home.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Welcome home, even if only for a very short time. I think you missed some very cold weather in CA.

I went sailing on the catamaran in your picture the other day. A lovely outing. We'll sail on it next time you are here.

Have more surgery on my hand next Wednesday. Still can't cook so eat what is prepared. I still seem to be losing, though, so that is good.

Enjoy the rest of your travels. The JUDDD BUDDD's will be here when you get back.

Hugs
Awesome about the sailing! And, yes, I'd love for us to go together! Last time DH and I went out it was on the yellow one that always parks to the left of that one.

So sorry you are still having surgeries.

Congrats on the great losses! You looked terrific when I saw you at Chuck's. I looked pudgy!! Ha! All those good Mai-Tai's plus the humidity did it to me! Oh, and laying around on the beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
You are the best advertisement for JUDDD in Action, lol. Well done on holding steady by fitting in the DDs as and when you can. I always think of the diagram in Dr J's book of the Sirtuin filling up a bucket and slowly emptying again, then filling up again. You are living proof that this works.

As soon as you stop all this wonderful gallivanting you know that your body will be thrilled to get back to exercise and the inches will soon drop away.

I had a long time without exercise and I found that I got bigger in the same spots! Must be an age thing. I am so loving getting back to my classes and soon hope to see things tighten up again.

Have fun in Monterey............how could you not?
Oh, that made me feel better -- like I'm not alone! I do find that when I get back to working out the firming and toning happen very quickly. Since I'm pretty muscular, my body responds well to exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I just have to be the party pooper and mention: Every. Single. Time. I. See. This. Thread . . . . I get the song stuck in my head!

Okay, rant over. Can't wait until you're back with us more regularly, but enjoy all the lovely travel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
Well done Yam!

I know how you feel, though I think you are traveling more for fun than I've been this year... but JUDDD has totally been a life saver for me too.

I loved my short stay in Monterey a few years ago-- what hotel do you go to?

S.
This is a business/fun annual conference. For 35 years we stayed every year at the Monterey Plaza because that was where the conference was held. For the last several years it's been held at the newly refurbished Intercontinental (Clement) Hotel.

Check out the rooms on this link!

MONTEREY Hotels - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts THE CLEMENT MONTEREY Hotel in MONTEREY | Best Price Guarantee or First Night Free

We have an ocean view King with balcony and fire place. And, I mean, It's right on the ocean. Right there. I love it. There is a restaurant called the Fish Hopper a few feet away, on the ocean, that serves the freshest fish and has the best view and service ever. You better believe I'll be eating there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I was wondering where you were, just yesterday!! Boy, I want to be you!! To be able to do fun travel adventures like you do must be simply awesome!!

Where in San Diego will you be?

Glad you are enjoying the good life Yam-Yam!!
Actually, BFF and I will fly into San Diego and then be staying closer to Oceanside. I want to go back to Hotel Del Coronado. I just love it there. BFF has a time share near Oceanside. We will hang out there but roam around all over the place.

You Peeps are the best!

This morning the scale was down a whole pound after a 400 calorie, very pleasant DD yesterday. Whooppeee! That puts me below my stats. However, I'm not going to change the stats because I know these next two weeks probably won't allow me to stay there!

It's all good. I'm managing my life and this is the perfect way to do it!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Beverly: Our 35 year old son calls it "Livin' The Dream". He always says, "Ma and Pops, you are really Livin' the Dream!"
Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Yam Yam! Great to hear from you! I love these reports of your "living the dream" travels.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Oh, that's the hotel we've been to! It was soooo gorgeous, and the restaurant was awesome. I brought home a tiny sea otter toy , like the ones they have in the rooms.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Seabreezes, just wanted to say how sorry I am to read that you are still not back to rights. It must be 9 months or more since your accident. Hopefully this is the last operation you will need.

Anyway, I am sending love and lots of healing your way.
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Actually it is 5 months ago today that I was hit. The elbow will also need more surgery so it is not over with yet.

Hopefully I'll be back to normal at 9 months!

For new people, a car backed into me in Antalya Turkey. My leg was broken and wrist and elbow shattered when I fell on the right arm. All will eventually be fine though. I have great doctors.

Again thanks for the love and good thoughts.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Miss you YamYam, but so glad you're having such a wonderful time!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Actually it is 5 months ago today that I was hit. The elbow will also need more surgery so it is not over with yet.

Hopefully I'll be back to normal at 9 months!

For new people, a car backed into me in Antalya Turkey. My leg was broken and wrist and elbow shattered when I fell on the right arm. All will eventually be fine though. I have great doctors.

Again thanks for the love and good thoughts.
Oh my gosh, Seabreezes! That sounds awful! I'm sure glad you're on the mend at least, and that you will be okay in the end.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote