Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rainypep
Stats: 228(242-highest)/154/Prego #3/125
WOE: my plan
Start Date: 3/9/06
Goals for myself

So I finally got it together and got serious on Tuesday. I have all my tools that worked for me in 2006-2011 in a row. I am not doing exactly JUDDD or LC but what worked before. That said I have some goals for the coming year.

1. no more beating myself up. It never worked before, so I believe it will never work in the future. I am a valuable person, nice friend, good mom, etc. I will feel this...not just intellectualize about it.

2. The only daily goal is accountability. I will write a food plan the night before and pray hourly if I must that I will finish the day the way I wrote it. And it will be okay to write out the holidays the way I want and follow through on those days. If I follow the plan, the day is a success. No more to it, keeping it simple. This worked brilliantly for me before and I know that only having to manage it day by day will work again.

3. Attempt to make it to next summer with no major life changes. No moving, switching jobs, family members getting terminally ill, family members dying, getting pregnant, remodeling our dumpy starter home, postpartum depression, etc. So clearly most of these are up to God, but the point is to remind me of all that I have dealt with in about 18 months. If I can survive all that, then anything less than that should be cause for celebration and an amazing year.

4. In regards to the above, finding patience to let life happen. Yup my house is ugly and needs a facelift, but I won't have a better year personally if I rip it apart. Yup I need to lose 40 pounds but, I won't be happier if I tear my self to shreds doing it. Yup I want another baby some day but if I am not healthy and happy, a hurry will not be good for anyone (not in a hurry on this one any way ...just part of the self talk) No doubt my husband and I have been better friends, lovers, confidants, etc before, but nagging and raking him over the coals daily about the mess life is right now isn't making either one of us better people.

5. Living life. Living in the moment. Feeling things, good, bad or otherwise. Finding gratitude for my amazing life, children and god.

Thanks for the space to clarify my intentions. I know that even if I never lost another pound, if I could learn to live this way, I'd be a whole new person.

This is such a supportive group.
Rainypep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
I hear what your saying in this post, and i think you have some awsome goals you have set forth for your self~ I love all the points you have made.. You are already in a better place now that you have decdied to take back control on how you value your self and your life~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Healthy wonderful thoughts.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Wow, Rainy, you have obviously done a lot of good thinking and analyzing to write a post like this. Good job! It takes knowing ourselves, and knowing what trips us up, to move past it and be successful.

I am all for being happy "as is". Why are we always "waiting" for things to be perfect before we give ourselves permission to be "happy". We should be able to be happy now, enjoy the days, enjoy our family NOW.

Good for you!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, Rainypep, you have been doing some serious thinking lady.

I especially love this
Quote:
I know that even if I never lost another pound, if I could learn to live this way, I'd be a whole new person.
I love this because it is so very, very true.

However, you have chosen a simple route to losing the weight that is bothering you and I am sure you are going to succeed.

Wishing you all that you wish yourself and looking forward to getting to know you.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Awesome goals, and I have no doubt you have it in you to reach them!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Excellent goals, keep up the good self talk
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote