Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lil Donna
Stats: 165.2 (highest) 150.2 (11/30/13)
WOE: LC
Start Date: Low carb started again on 11/14/13
Day 1... Time to get it DONE!!!

So after a 3 day food fest and a 5 pound gain, I think I have adequately had my Up Day. I am still so full from the Japanese Steakhouse last night that I think I will be full til at least dinner tonight. This was not my original plan but my in-laws came into town and they like to eat a lot and often so I of course being a gracious hostess, I had to eat right alongside them. SO...

DD here I am!

Anyone else starting today? What is your eating plan today?

This is such a leap of faith for me. Atkins makes sense, HCG makes sense, low calorie makes sense but this just doesn't compute for me. But with all these inspirational threads, I would be an idiot not to give it a whirl. Oh I hope this is the miracle that I read about here.

Here goes DAY 1!

Lil Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
Good luck and speaking as a noob (started 2 days ago) this is the BESTEST place for advice and support!

Also, you had me at Japanese Steakhouse...nom nom nom...
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
I got totaly off track about 6 months ago and regained that 35 or 40 lbs I lost doing this.
Well yesterday was my first good DD in a long long time so today I will have a good UD at
Golden Corral. Hay do we have a thread that talks about emotional problems related to our weight?

Rember
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 538737_468980303132650_712665986_n.jpg (23.0 KB, 1 views)
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Donna View Post
So after a 3 day food fest and a 5 pound gain, I think I have adequately had my Up Day. I am still so full from the Japanese Steakhouse last night that I think I will be full til at least dinner tonight. This was not my original plan but my in-laws came into town and they like to eat a lot and often so I of course being a gracious hostess, I had to eat right alongside them. SO...

DD here I am!

Anyone else starting today? What is your eating plan today?

This is such a leap of faith for me. Atkins makes sense, HCG makes sense, low calorie makes sense but this just doesn't compute for me. But with all these inspirational threads, I would be an idiot not to give it a whirl. Oh I hope this is the miracle that I read about here.

Here goes DAY 1!

Have a great first DD! I love Japanese steakhouses, and eating, so I'm with you there. IMHO, this really is the miracle WOE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I got totaly off track about 6 months ago and regained that 35 or 40 lbs I lost doing this.
Well yesterday was my first good DD in a long long time so today I will have a good UD at
Golden Corral. Hay do we have a thread that talks about emotional problems related to our weight?

Rember
We don't have a specific thread for emotional problems related to food, but feel free to start one. I'm sure we all will have input!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. once the magic of intermittent fasting gets into your habits your whole view of eating changes. love it!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Easy peasy so far. I know I am going to look back at this post once in awhile and wonder why I waited so long to start.

Was extremely tired from this weekend so I just went back to bed for an hour or so. That helped keep hunger away.

I didn't really prepare for today so I grab a 120 calorie chicken salad cup and 5 crackers. Not the greatest but it did the trick.

Figured I'd have a lettuce and SF dressing for dinner and then something small before bed.

Tomorrow I will head out to the grocery store and start looking at labels for my next down day.

Any suggestions??
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
LD-- here's a couple threads for you with food/grocery ideas:

Down Days recipes ONLY

Low(ish) Carb DD Staples
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

So Day one is almost done. I finished up with 1 slice of bread with a little butter and a banana.

If this is dieting, I am in heaven. I get to eat CARBS! Looking forward to finishing up my leftovers tomorrow from the Japanese Steakhouse. Maybe even some ice cream

Are you all really sure I will lose weight this way?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
100% sure. Work the program and it works. (quoting Carly there )
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Quote:
but this just doesn't compute for me.
A lot of people find it really counter intuitive at the start, and I think that's OK, it does seem to fly in the face of what we are constantly hearing about how we need to eat almost on an hourly basis so that our metabolisms don't grind to a sudden halt and make us blow up.

This does work, though, and it is easy enough. DDs can be tough, there's no getting around that. But my experience is that a tough DD is no harder than the tough days you get with every other diet. There are just days when you could comfortably chew off your own arm for something to eat regardless of how much you can eat otherwise and there's no rhyme or reason for it.

My weight loss doesn't actually exist. All the time I've been on this, I've maintained. But I've maintained after losing a whole load of weight prior to starting this, and I think this is the first time in my life when I haven't been on a horrible see-saw all the time. Not only that, I've been on holiday four times, gained a baby nephew, had a birthday, gone to five weddings (involving weekends away) and three big splash parties all in the last five months - in addition to starting a new relationship with all the eating out and getting gifts of chocolate that brings. And, at the end of it, my clothes still fit. That's my definiton of success.

This makes sense when you can happily live your life without guilt or gain in a way you can't imagine today.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:08 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Quote:

Any suggestions??
Smoked salmon. It's quick, tasty, filling and easy, 40g is 75 cals, you can just eat it with a fork.
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Water, tea, coffee, etc...it is amazing how often thirst masquerades as hunger.

Casmira's point was key for me. I have lost and regained weight so many times before. I hate that feeling of 'weight loss is over....what do I do now?'

JUDDD provides a very natural framework to transition from weight loss to maintenance. Knowing that made me feel so - I guess the word is 'supported'. JUDDD forgives occasional vacations/special events. JUDDD allows us to learn more about ourselves. JUDDD gives many of us a much more calm and healthy relationship with food. JUDDD supports maintenance.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote