Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Happy Thought

I have been dancing with the idea of JUDDD for a few months. I have started, gone back to LC, started again, gone on to binge. One excuse after another.
I started again on Monday, Oct 15.
It is Saturday Oct 20.
Too soon for any real benefit, right?
I have done perfect rotations for 5 whole days and this morning I had a revelation. It is NOT too soon for benefits to kick in.
Get this: today is an UP day and I chose a banana, a Tbsp of PNB and coffee! It was so delicious. Then I had this happy thought: I made a choice to not restrict, I made a choice about what to eat. My choice was clear headed and not based on emotion. I could have gone to Panera for a big sticky bun, afterall, I am not restricting today, but I chose not to do that.
I think I am beginning to learn to respect food and my body.
Really? in only 5 days? I think so.
P
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
I am replying to my own post........silly, I know.
But, I can't stop marveling at this.
I am not experiencing that desparation that makes me want to eat everything I could ever possibly want because I will be restricting calories tomorrow. Who is this woman?
I feel..........rather peaceful about food. No wonder I can't stop marveling. This has NEVER happened to me EVER.
After 5 days.
Only 5 days.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Having a teary moment here. This is a turning point for you. Somehow, capture the moment to help you over a tough spot in the future. Thanks for sharing.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lee55
Stats: 198/194.4/160
Start Date: September 1, 2012
Pat, isn't it wonderful to find a WOE that you feel comfortable with. I too love this way of eating. I don't feel the frustration I often have with other diets. There is a kind of peacefulness about food and not having the restriction that other diets require. I'm so happy that I found this site. I just love it!
Lee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Pat, this is wonderful to hear. This woe really does something to heal not only our bodies but also our relationship with food. I realized that I was the one doing the choosing when it comes to my food with JUDDD and that it wasn't something that was chosen for me that I had to follow. It seems like a small distinction but for me mentally, it was huge.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patkid View Post
I am replying to my own post........silly, I know.
But, I can't stop marveling at this.
I am not experiencing that desparation that makes me want to eat everything I could ever possibly want because I will be restricting calories tomorrow. Who is this woman?
I feel..........rather peaceful about food. No wonder I can't stop marveling. This has NEVER happened to me EVER.
After 5 days.
Only 5 days.
Yes, I know what you mean here. There is something about JUDDD that gives us a paradox situation.

On the one hand, we are allowed to delight and relish and practically wallow and dance in all the amazing foods of the world.. freely.. and only keeping in mind our reasonable calorie ceiling for our Up Days..... while on the other hand, there is something about JUDDD that makes food and eating *not much of a big deal* anymore.

This fasting/feasting plan somehow bring compulsions under control. The Up/Down cycle of it seems to get our minds and bodies *centered* somewhere in the middle of good health.

And we sort of forget about it as a diet for weight loss and begin to think of it as the perfect way to eat for life. Down Days are lower during the weight loss phase, of course, but once we've lost the weight, we can bring those calories up a whole lot if we want to. Or..... some of us like to still do pretty low Down Days in order to increase our UD calories even more.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-20-2012 at 08:14 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Patkid, you have had a turning point. Isn't it wonderful to have that peaceful feeling associated with food and eating? I never thought I would have the feelings (or rather, sometimes non-feelings) about food that I have had since starting JUDDD. I'm so glad you've gotten to this point. You're very likely to stay with JUDDD now that you've glimpsed this freedom. You're doing it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Patkid, what a wonderful moment. I think of this 'freedom' as part of the JUDDD magic.

We take back the responsibility for what we eat. With ease. There will be days when your choice may not be quite as 'sensible' but that is fine too. You are in charge, not your hunger or any old cravings.

You describe it so well, it is a feeling of peace, I've read that expression time and time again over the months here.

Your posts made me feel a little bit teary too.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
On the one hand, we are allowed to delight and relish and practically wallow and dance in all the amazing foods of the world.. freely.. and only keeping in mind our reasonable calorie ceiling for our Up Days..... while on the other hand, there is something about JUDDD that makes food and eating *not much of a big deal* anymore.
SO TRUE! Even on up days I find myself at 10 or 11am thinking, "I should eat something for breakfast. I have those calories to get in today." It's amazing how I'm not hungry and thinking of food all the time.
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Patkid- I'm so happy for you!
I, too, have found this WOE so very healing on many levels.
You may wish to share this inn the NSVs thread too!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
WTG Pat!

I found that I got a bit obsessed with some "new" foods that were ok to eat, and I enjoyed them, and then that faded... I haven't ventured into buying fruit yet but I did get carrots for the house the other day LOL

LOVE JUDDD!
S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
I'm so happy you're experiencing this. I did too. I'm not going to lie and say that you won't ever backslide. There's likely going to be a day that you choose something really bad for you, or maybe you don't even choose it, you just eat it without thought. But there's still peace to be had in the aftermath. It's not the end of the world because the next day it's right back to rotations.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We are so thrilled to have you here..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
it really is amazing isn't it? you get to be the boss of you, and it is an easy job

that relief from food not ruling us brings such contentment, and freedom from that old diet bondage. love it love it love it
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote