Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
New to JUDDD! :)

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this forum. I have been on every diet possible - and I am never able to stick to anything - Lets just say I love fooood coming from a big family and just starting a full time job as a teacher.

A week ago a friend told me to download from amazon "Jennifer Jolans 1 day diet" - which helped her lose a lot of weight. I read it from start to finish in less than 30 minutes and was hooked on her alternate day fasting plan!!!

She recommends every other day having half a scoop of whey protein powder in water every 2 hours (7-9 protein waters). And then eat whatever you want in moderation on the other days. I tried it for the first time saturday and was amazed how great I felt to be in control and not be focusing on food! Also, I was not hungry with the protein waters!

So all this week I have been doing research on the internet on alternate day fasting, and came across this forum! I understand that this diet is based on a book and I visited his website which is also fantastic!

I started at 179.5 on saturday and today I am 176.8 (I am thrilled)! And feel so confident I can lose my weight like this!

I absolutely love forums and meeting new people!

Just some questions from a newbie:

1. Do you eat maintenance calories on UP days (1800-2000 for me)?

2. I have scheduled my week like this and was wondering if it would work?

Mon - DD (500 kcal)
Tues- UD (1800-2000 kcal)
Wed- DD
Thurs- UD
Fri- DD
Sat- UD
Sun - Fast from 10pm sat to 3 pm sun (1500 kcal)

I was wondering if you guys have weekly or every other day weigh ins?
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Isn't that first scale drop fun?!

1) Your UD calories should match the calculator number on Dr. J's website. That number is constant until it doesn't work any more (after you have lost enough weight to need to adjust it). Dr. J recommends most use the no exercise category. This works for most of us.

2) The only hitch in your menu plan is possibly the Sat/Sun fast might set you up for a tough Monday DD, but people do what fits their lifestyle. It is generally recommended to alternate days and eat to your UD calories to give your body enough good nutrition to get through the DD. However, 1500 isn't really that low so it might work for you.

3) If you weigh daily, you have to be prepared for lots of bouncing on this WOE. Again, some do, some only weigh once a week after a DD.

Glad to meet you and hope to see you around here in the future. Good luck to you.

Last edited by cici52; 10-18-2012 at 02:55 PM..
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
to the forum, Angie1

I'm still finding my way around too, so I can't comment on your question. I've been very happy with my weight loss on this plan, it's the first plan that I've been able to lose consistently with.

I have Johnson's book, it's interesting, but honestly, there is much more day to day 'how to's' on this board. The posts are inspiring and the members are very supportive. So glad you came here to join us
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself since I am new to this forum. I have been on every diet possible - and I am never able to stick to anything - Lets just say I love fooood coming from a big family and just starting a full time job as a teacher.

A week ago a friend told me to download from amazon "Jennifer Jolans 1 day diet" - which helped her lose a lot of weight. I read it from start to finish in less than 30 minutes and was hooked on her alternate day fasting plan!!!

She recommends every other day having half a scoop of whey protein powder in water every 2 hours (7-9 protein waters). And then eat whatever you want in moderation on the other days. I tried it for the first time saturday and was amazed how great I felt to be in control and not be focusing on food! Also, I was not hungry with the protein waters!

So all this week I have been doing research on the internet on alternate day fasting, and came across this forum! I understand that this diet is based on a book and I visited his website which is also fantastic!

I started at 179.5 on saturday and today I am 176.8 (I am thrilled)! And feel so confident I can lose my weight like this!

I absolutely love forums and meeting new people!

Just some questions from a newbie:

1. Do you eat maintenance calories on UP days (1800-2000 for me)?

2. I have scheduled my week like this and was wondering if it would work?

Mon - DD (500 kcal)
Tues- UD (1800-2000 kcal)
Wed- DD
Thurs- UD
Fri- DD
Sat- UD
Sun - Fast from 10pm sat to 3 pm sun (1500 kcal)

I was wondering if you guys have weekly or every other day weigh ins?

Hi, Angie! Welcome to the JUDDD forum, and I hope you will become one of us.

I have to tell you that I know absolutely nothing about Jennifer Jolans 1 day diet, as I've never heard about it or having half a scoop of whey protein powder in water every 2 hours. I'm a JUDDD follower through and through, but there is no reason you cannot use protein powder in water if you want to. We're all free to eat/drink anything we want to, and are regulated only by our calorie numbers.. 500 or fewer calories on our Down Days and our given Up Day calorie number on our Up Days.

I would ask if you used the JUDDD Calorie Calculator to get your calorie number, and I only ask this because it is given as a single number (example: 1864 calories) rather than a calorie 'range' as you mentioned 1800-2000 for you. So I wondered where you got this range?

In answer to your questions.. basically we eat above our maintenance calories on our Up Days, which seems like it would work against us, except that it is played against our low calorie Down Days to our absolute long term advantage. The JUDDD Calorie Calculator figures our *Normal* calories on the high side. Woo Hoo!

For the most part we try to eat right at about our given Up Day calorie number. About the only times that number is too high for us is if we are quite far overweight when we start JUDDD, in which case the calculator has probably given us an overly generous Up Day number, and the other time is when we've been heavy and have lost sufficient weight that our Up Day number is finally a bit too high for us and needs to come down to keep us losing more. - - But we definitely use the calculator from the JUDDD site to figure our calorie numbers for this diet plan. And then we try to eat at about that number without going very far under or over that.. very often.

And on our Down Days, we eat at 500 or fewer calories. Occasional folks need to start out their Down Days a bit higher because they just haven't gotten used to the Down Days, but they gradually bring their calories down, and many here hold their DD calories quite a bit lower than the max of 500.

You can certainly try your cycling plan with 1500 calories on Sunday. If it works well for you, you're set! If your weight loss is slower than you're happy with, you might want to make Sunday a Medium Day (MD) which is halfway between Up and Down Day calories, so would be a few hundred lower than 1500. But that may not be necessary at all.

This is a warm and welcoming forum at LCF, very supportive and caring. And FUN!

And one of the most fun things about it is that on the JUDDD plan, there is such an incredible SUCCESS rate!!!!! So Welcome.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)

In my opinion you have just found the best WOE ever.
JUDDD is amazingly simple and EFFECTIVE!
again!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Wow thank you so much for all your positive and great replies!!!

I am so excited to continue this way of eating! I am going to give it an honest month before I really can comment on the plan.

BUT so far it has been just what I have been looking for the last 10 years!!!

So I went on the website and it said that with 1-3 days exercise (I do minimum 3 days a week)

UD cals = 2229 (wow thats a lot of calories!!!!!)
DD = 446

I think I am going to just stick with the plan I have done and and change my Sunday calories to 1200 (so a medium day) then see how it goes and adjust from there.

So happy I found this community and can't wait to share my successes with everyone !

Last edited by angie1; 10-18-2012 at 06:41 PM..
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #7

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie1 View Post
Wow thank you so much for all your positive and great replies!!!

I am so excited to continue this way of eating! I am going to give it an honest month before I really can comment on the plan.

BUT so far it has been just what I have been looking for the last 10 years!!!

So I went on the website and it said that with 1-3 days exercise (I do minimum 3 days a week)

UD cals = 2229 (wow thats a lot of calories!!!!!)
DD = 446

I think I am going to just stick with the plan I have done and then see how it goes and adjust from there.

So happy I found this community and can't wait to share my successes with everyone !
Just wanted to let you know, Angie, that most of us here only used the *little or no exercise* level on the JUDDD Calorie Calculator... just because we DO exercise, but we don't want to be given those extra calories to eat. Our thinking is from this standpoint: Why work to burn off the calories that are going to help us lose body fat... and then just turn around and eat them back again??? That just doesn't make sense when we tend to make body fat too easily to begin with.

Wishing you the very best with your weight loss, and so glad you're with us here! Best of luck. Check in often and chat with all the JUDDD BUDDDs here. It's a great place to spend a bit of time.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #8

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm late to the party, and others have answered your questions, so I'll just say !
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
and glad to have you aboard this fabulous WOE!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #10

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
I look forward to seeing much less of you here soon!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
I look forward to seeing much less of you here soon!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Awesome! Glad you joined us
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Welcome!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Hello! Nice to meecha!
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
We look forward to hearing how its goin for you~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Hope you love it here as much as I do. It's just great! Anxious to follow your success.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote