Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,170
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
15 Weeks on JUDDD--Yikes

Today I weighed in at 269 for a gain of 6 lbs this week, 21 lbs total, 17 of them on JUDDD at a rate of 1.1 lbs lost a week.

I said I'd be okay if I gained a few pounds over the weekend while I was away. To give myself a little extra cushion, I did some crazy high fat experiments before I left to get down to 263. Good thing, too. Because if I had to report the dreaded 270 again this morning, I'd have burst into tears.

Instead, I'm just going to grind my teeth and decide that it was well worth whatever I managed to do in three days that would make my weight shoot up so high because I WON THE GOLDEN LEAF!!! :jump joy: :jump joy:

The way the awards ceremony works is that instead of announcing the name of the winner, they start reading from the winning book. Well, I was so nervous that when they started reading from my novel, I shook my head and whispered, "That's not mine." I didn't stand up to accept the award until a friend thumped me on the leg and cried, "How many other Selene's are there? You won!"

Anyway, I've now gone off plan three times. The first was in Anaheim and I gained 6 lbs. The second time was at the Baltimore Book Festival and I gained nothing. The third time was at this convention and I gained 6 lbs. So I'm not entirely sure what the pattern is, but it may have something to do with champagne :P

Now I'm on my way out for another weekend away. I know, this could be disaster so I'm trying to do a medium day today so that if tomorrow goes off the rails it will at least fall on an up day. Then I look forward to working my rotations as usual. Yikes.

Downsides

Increased appetite. I thought my my stomach had "shrank" during JUDDD. Let me tell you, this weekend, I found out I could still put quite a bit away.

No JUDDD Magic for Me. If JUDDD protected me against weight gain this weekend, I shudder to think how big I'd be right now without it.

Upsides

Easy to Re-start Rotations. I went right back into it when I got home. They weren't pleasant...the body likes when it gets to eat every day. But it wasn't too hard to get back on the wagon, which is a wonderful advantage of JUDDD.

Easily Did JUDDD on the Road. I road-tripped with a friend and we stopped at Wendy's and I got a chili. No awkward explanations needed.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: East of the Mississippi
Posts: 1,171
Gallery: Msevon2
Congratulations on your award. I think that is something to celebrate. You know what to do and you have done great so far, so just do what you can and you will be okay. I am so proud of your success. Even though I dont post much, I do read every day. I love your new picture too. again Congratulations
Msevon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,351
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I responded on last week's thread before I saw this one! Congratulations!!!

:jump joy:
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Luv2Eat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 727
Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Squeeeeee - Congratulations on the Golden Leaf Award
How Exciting is that?
I've been wondering where you were, sounds like you've been busy popping the champagne, so happy for you!!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
Saxy1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 910
Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Congratulations on the Golden Leaf!! How exciting for you!

I gained this week too....and I expect to gain more with this cold/flu type bug I've come down with (unless I bypass the "comfort food")...But like you say, it's not too hard to get back on the wagon--bound to be bumps in the road once in a while.

Keep up the good work!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Congratulations!!!

I was peaking in to see if you had posted and I couldn't be more happy for you!

Ps. It was the champagne and don't worry, it goes very fast with a couple of good DD. ummm, don't ask me how I know.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
deborahlh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 100
Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
CONGRATS on the award!!!!
I'm pretty new at this and admit I read more than post, but your attitude is fabulous and quite frankly it gives me hope this will work for me too! So thanks and enjoy your success!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
Babsbabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,032
Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 2012
Congratulations!what an exciting time for you! Champagne is definitely a must have for such a great achievement. I agree that a couple of DD's will get you back to where you were before the weekend and I hope a few extra pounds go with them.
I have been taking Pterostilbene lately and have noticed that I have less hunger generally which I love but when I forget to take it I am really hungry and my UD's turn into UUAD's and my DD's turn into UD's. This may be all in my head but it is what I experience and I am wondering if you take this supplement as well and if it affects your hunger?
I also love your new picture!
__________________
Babs
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Today I weighed in at 269 for a gain of 6 lbs this week, 21 lbs total, 17 of them on JUDDD at a rate of 1.1 lbs lost a week.

I said I'd be okay if I gained a few pounds over the weekend while I was away. To give myself a little extra cushion, I did some crazy high fat experiments before I left to get down to 263. Good thing, too. Because if I had to report the dreaded 270 again this morning, I'd have burst into tears.

Instead, I'm just going to grind my teeth and decide that it was well worth whatever I managed to do in three days that would make my weight shoot up so high because I WON THE GOLDEN LEAF!!! :jump joy: :jump joy:

The way the awards ceremony works is that instead of announcing the name of the winner, they start reading from the winning book. Well, I was so nervous that when they started reading from my novel, I shook my head and whispered, "That's not mine." I didn't stand up to accept the award until a friend thumped me on the leg and cried, "How many other Selene's are there? You won!"

Anyway, I've now gone off plan three times. The first was in Anaheim and I gained 6 lbs. The second time was at the Baltimore Book Festival and I gained nothing. The third time was at this convention and I gained 6 lbs. So I'm not entirely sure what the pattern is, but it may have something to do with champagne. :P

Now I'm on my way out for another weekend away. I know, this could be disaster so I'm trying to do a medium day today so that if tomorrow goes off the rails it will at least fall on an up day. Then I look forward to working my rotations as usual. Yikes.

Downsides

Increased appetite. I thought my my stomach had "shrank" during JUDDD. Let me tell you, this weekend, I found out I could still put quite a bit away.

No JUDDD Magic for Me. If JUDDD protected me against weight gain this weekend, I shudder to think how big I'd be right now without it.

Upsides

Easy to Re-start Rotations. I went right back into it when I got home. They weren't pleasant...the body likes when it gets to eat every day. But it wasn't too hard to get back on the wagon, which is a wonderful advantage of JUDDD.

Easily Did JUDDD on the Road. I road-tripped with a friend and we stopped at Wendy's and I got a chili. No awkward explanations needed.
First of all, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on your big win. Kudos and accolades well deserved. I know you're both happy and proud, and you deserve to feel that way. And we're all very happy for you.

Secondly, the occasion called for champagne and was more than worth a bounce up of 6 pounds. Truly! We do get to go off plan and relax and enjoy times like this, completely and totally free of JUDDD rotations and calorie counting and weight gain/loss worries.

The way I look at it is, JUDDD is for life. But I'm not imprisoned by it. I do get to be free to enjoy, fully and without restraint, special occasions. This was certainly one of those times for you.

Those six pounds will end up being almost totally water weight, and we know that can be shed back out within days. Easy Peasy. And with JUDDD being so forgiving, you'll be back to your low weight shortly and then on down even lower than that.

And.. congratulations, once again!
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,840
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<278/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
on your award!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!
 
TryingJudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,740
Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Started Judd on 3.26.12
WOE: Judd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Woot!!! Big congrats on a well deserved honor. Enjoy it with no clouds. The scale be damned - it can wait. Life is now.
TryingJudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,570
Gallery: cici52
And the crowd roared their hearty congratulations! So cool! What a wonderful achievement.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,067
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Congratulations on the award!!! Also, that water weight will come off and will likely take some extra with it. JUDDD will always be here for you while you enjoy your life at the same time!
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 18,866
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Be proud, the weight will be gone soon but the award is yours forever!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Congrats on the award!!!!! That is fabulous. And the celebration was well deserved. You know what to do to get back on track, and the weight will be gone in no time.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,484
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Be proud, the weight will be gone soon but the award is yours forever!
I totally agree! I posted on last week's thread, but congrats again!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,536
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
since my last one didn't render properly

WOO HOO Steph! I know this isn't the last award we'll be celebrating with you!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
1. Congratulations, Steph. Fantastic!
2. It cracks me up a bit to hear that you gained six pounds eating and champagning and still couldn't get up to the number you thought you'd never reach on your way down. Yay for JUDDD!
Enjoy watching those pounds disappear again.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
You've done wonderfully, and it's so good to see you live your life with JUDDD in such a way that you can have it all.

Fifteen weeks into your new life and your new way to weight management, and you've done so well. Way to go. You're an inspiration! Woo Hoo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
I got a call from the library today to say an interlibrary loan was in. Turns out it's one of Steph's books. I said to the librarian, hey, I know her! (Slight exaggeration maybe.)
The librarian asked what Steph is like. I said she's funny, smart, an excellent writer, committed, stubborn, direct, wise, supportive,and friendly.
I think I'm right, too. (Correct me if not.) How weird to realize how well we come to know each other here.
Looking forward to reading tonight. Thanks for being here, Steph.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,809
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh Kristin, I'm jealous! I'm going to be near the library that carries Steph's books Monday, so I hope I can get it too. I think your description of her is right on. We do get to know each other, don't we? It's fun!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,809
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Oh Kristin, I'm jealous! I'm going to be near the library that carries Steph's books Monday, so I hope I can get it too. I think your description of her is right on. We do get to know each other, don't we? It's fun!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!
 
LoCarbGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,809
Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Don't know why that posted twice - sorry!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
calichris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,949
Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Congratulations on winning the award!!! Can't wait for your next weekly installment on how the scale went down amazingly quickly after getting back on rotations.
calichris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,484
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Congratulations on winning the award!!! Can't wait for your next weekly installment on how the scale went down amazingly quickly after getting back on rotations.
I second this! I also believe it will take a stubborn friend or 2 with it...
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,767
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Since the week 14 posting, I periodically checked the awards website. I am (still) looking forward to seeing your name in print there! Congratulations on winning! Loved the 'did not recognize my own words' story.

I wonder why six pounds is so often the price of time off? That number pops up over and over. I hit it after several vacation/what, me watch what I eat? interludes. It would be interesting to understand why six pound 'bounces' seem to be a pattern.

At any rate, I am late here. I hope most or all of the nasty six are gone...and took a few friends with them!!
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member
 
NoWeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 475
Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Congratulations, that's very exciting news!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,170
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
I got a call from the library today to say an interlibrary loan was in. Turns out it's one of Steph's books. I said to the librarian, hey, I know her! (Slight exaggeration maybe.)
The librarian asked what Steph is like. I said she's funny, smart, an excellent writer, committed, stubborn, direct, wise, supportive,and friendly.
Do go on...

*coughcough* Just teasing!

You're a flatterer, but it's not an exaggeration to say you know me. There are things I share on this board that I don't share with folks I see in person.

I am so grateful for everyone here and all the support. This WOE has made such a huge difference in my life already and I could not do any of it without you all. I feel truly blessed.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,170
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Since the week 14 posting, I periodically checked the awards website. I am (still) looking forward to seeing your name in print there! Congratulations on winning! Loved the 'did not recognize my own words' story.

I wonder why six pounds is so often the price of time off? That number pops up over and over. I hit it after several vacation/what, me watch what I eat? interludes. It would be interesting to understand why six pound 'bounces' seem to be a pattern.

At any rate, I am late here. I hope most or all of the nasty six are gone...and took a few friends with them!!
Aww, Nancy, I love you! And yeah, 6 lbs does seem to be a common vacation number. (I was back down 3 lbs by this morning, so keep your fingers crossed for week 16.)
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!
 
stephdray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,170
Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh Kristin, I'm jealous! I'm going to be near the library that carries Steph's books Monday, so I hope I can get it too. I think your description of her is right on. We do get to know each other, don't we? It's fun!
Except lots of my books make people cry, so that part won't be fun :P
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.