Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 2012
What I've Been Doing Wrong

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone new or even existing members if they're struggling.

I've been on this WOE for a month and initially lost 6 pounds but gained that back when TOM came and have been stuck at this weight for two weeks. I figured out a number of things I'm doing wrong and I wanted to share them so hopefully someone else who is stuck might be able to get some use out of it.

1. When I first started I exercised more so I used moderately active in the calculator. That allowed me about 250 extra calories on my up days and 100 extra on my down days. I have significantly reduced my exercise since starting - mostly because life just got busier but I also kind of wanted to see if I could lose weight on this diet without exercise. ANYWAY, I've been basically eating 1000 extra calories a week. No wonder I'm not losing!

2. Fluids and salt. I discovered those Lipton Noodle Secrets on my DDs. It's 30 calories for a tablespoon, which makes a nice cup of soup and helps on the DD's. HOWEVER, it's full of sodium. And I haven't been drinking nearly enough water for some reason the past couple of weeks. So I'm sure I'm retaining water like crazy. I will work on getting more water in.

3. Speaking of UD calories, I was loosely tracking calories on UDs and guessing a lot. I think my estimate of 1000 extra calories a week might be low and it's likely even more than that! So I need to do a better job of more accurately tracking all of my calories.

Anyway those are a few big things I think have really impeded my weight loss.
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
These are all important points. Thank you for sharing.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #3

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Good insights 13B. You're smart to re-evaluate and take a hard look at what you're doing right, and what you're doing "wrong". I think your points are really helpful. Good luck going forward with your refinements.

LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/145.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I have definitely noticed point #3 can give me some problems. I can easily miss counting a lot of calories when I am not being careful and unfortunately my body doesn't miss using them to hang onto a few fat cells.
Great pointers! Thanks.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I think many of us (me) certainly go through a learning curve when we first start JUDDD. Those early weeks are when we really find out what works for us, what foods help keep us comfortable on DDs, etc. We begin to learn about JUDDD and how it affects our own bodies. Sometimes we learn the importance of the concept behind the plan.. that is, the importance of accurate calorie counts!

There aren't many of us who enter *moderately active* or any of those higher choices in the JUDDD Calorie Calculator because of this thinking: Why do we want to do all that exercise, huffing and puffing and sweating and straining, to use up some calories and burn off some body fat, and then.... consume increased calories to eat back all that fat again??? We don't want to eat back all that we have worked to get rid of! (Now once we're at goal weight we'll need to increase what we eat to make up for what we burn up, 'cause we won't want to get too skinny. LOL)

Sounds like you're learning some good lessons about yourself and about JUDDD. The longer you are here and the more reading you do here, the better you'll do. Happy JUDDDing to you!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
Start Date: September 2012
My knee jerk reaction was to blame the diet and say that it doesn't work but I know that's simply not true. I've personally seen it work, I lost 6 pounds in my first week! And I was working it the right way that first week and haven't been able to get my traction again since then. So back on the horse. Looking forward to it!
My UD calories are now 1817 and my DD calories are 363.
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kh155
Stats: 247.8/245.8/155 (to start) 5'7" 52 yo
Start Date: April 10/13
Thanks, 13.
I need to begin tracking UD calories for sure. No use wasting time doing things the 'wrong' way.
kh155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 149/138/130
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
agreed about the UD calories. I am enjoying not tracking on UD's, and its not getting me anywhere. Also, the 500 average I have been following, for my size, is more like 350! Gotta get to work.....
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #10

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup. It works if you work it. Simples!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Those are some excellent observations, Thirteenblessings! Counting calories is an artform that takes time and patience to hone. Thank goodness for online counters, they've been a life saver for me. It's amazing how the calories add up from a couple of bites of potato chips, an extra piece of chocolate, etc.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Those are some excellent observations, Thirteenblessings! Counting calories is an artform that takes time and patience to hone. Thank goodness for online counters, they've been a life saver for me. It's amazing how the calories add up from a couple of bites of potato chips, an extra piece of chocolate, etc.
I'm sure you're wrong here... There are NO calories in chocolate. It works something like the way broken cookies no longer have calories because they all leak out.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
and fruit, it's mostly water!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote