Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hopefulsweigh
Stats: 155/151.4/139
Start Date: JUDDD restart - Sept 2014
6 MONTHS AND 10 POUNDS LATER

and I feel great! And you can do it too! If you are thinking about starting the JUDDD WOE, I say you have nothing to lose but weight.

I have been fixated on my weight since my late teens. Barely eating at times, always restricting, always trying to control something. Limiting fat, carbs, you name it, I tried it. Anyone ever try the "Wedding Day Diet".

When I came to JUDDD - I desperately needed help. I could NOT lose weight. I thought maybe I had thyroid issues. Don't know, but the scale was slowly going up even though I was limiting calories and carbs as well as exercising, the pounds would not go away. I felt completely helpless, fat ugly and was turning 40!!! AHHH!!!! I was turning into my MOM!!! Help!

There were a few times I doubted the plan - but I stuck with it! I read the boards everyday in the beginning. It was so helpful to read other peoples experiences with JUDDD. The encouragement given to members is incredible on this board. Everyone who contributes their time and emotional energy to the JUDDD board, I thank you. It is so nice to look back today and see the progress that I have made...FINALLY!

My loss has been slow, last month I lost .2 of a pound. But the scale is going down. I feel great and my body is coming back....last week I fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy pants!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I feel more at peace with my relationship with food than I have in my whole life!!! That in itself is priceless, the weight gone is the added bonus!

Thank you my JUDDD BUDDDS!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ogether-4.html
Hopefulsweigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!

It's so hard sometimes for people to just believe. I was one who had to have proof, and I got it. Without this board, I never would have been as successful as I've been. Kudos to you for taking that leap of faith and for carrying on despite slow losses.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Congratulations, Hope! What a gorgeous accomplishment - not just the weight lost, but finding a WOE that feels sustainable and healthy. Thanks for sharing this.
I'll second the stuff about the board. I would absolutely not be doing this without it.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/160.8/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
Wow, did I ever need to read this today.
THANK YOU.
I feel your joy and it is contagious.
I was already second (or tenth) guessing JUDDD ~ after 2 excellent rotations I am down only 1 pound. I started the self defeating thinking.
I am so happy for you and am celebrating with you.
Blessings
Pat
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Hope!
WTG girl!

I too lost slow, took me 4 months to get rid of 8 #!

It does feel good, doesn't it

The pants fitting is so special too -- great!

Thanks for posting this!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Hope, I was exactly in your place when I stumbled upon JUDDD. I've struggled with my weight since puberty. Tried all the things you mention too, with limited or no results in weight loss.

Trusting in JUDDD is a leap of faith.

Thank you to all the wonderful members who offer support here - this is truely a magical cyberspace enclave, and I feel honored to have found it!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hope, your story is inspirational. I admire you so much for your persistance in the face of slow losses. That is true determination, and you did it! I'm glad you found this board, and I'm glad I did too. I would not be doing this if it wasn't for this great support system.

LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #8

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm so happy to read your story, Hope, and I want to thank you for sharing it with us and adding it to the forum here. It will help inspire and encourage others who struggle and find it slow going.

For myself, I always think... If I weren't doing JUDDD, what would I be doing? I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. I want to be able to eat whatever I want, participate fully in the feasts and celebrations with those I love, enjoy the bounty of the seasons, indulge in Thanksgiving pies and Christmas cookies. So.. this is it. JUDDD makes all of that possible for me, and of even more importance, my health checks and labs are better than ever. Can't beat it.

I'm so glad you are here with us! Congrats on weight lost and sharing this exciting journey with the rest of us.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Hope, thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. IT is so hard to be satisfied with slow losses when I want the weight gone NOW. But the truth is that as long as the health benefits are so great and the trend is downward instead of upward, the slow losses will most likely be permanent and not just another temporary fix. So glad you are part of this group.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
I always like hearing from you, Hope!

Wonderful to hear how well you are feeling in general and that you are happy with how you have slimmed down. Pre-pregnancy pants?

That's what so many of us are really looking for, isn't it? We just want to recognize ourselves as the person we know - the person who felt well and felt light/slim. And then the possibilities open up, and like you said we can be at peace with ourselves, no more spending our precious time on the trivialities of weight and worry.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Wow, it's like I wrote that post! All the things you said are exactly the same as my life.... worrying since teens, ultra slow weight loss. Also, I have been watching your daily weigh in thread (because we are in a similar weight category, not cause I'm a stalker ) and, it makes me feel better about this slow loss. I am nearly 2 months in and have lost about 3 pound (only have 10 or so to lose).
I am stalling at the moment, and I know its going to be a long journey, and I know I can't go losing 5 pound a week like some......
But I too enjoy the freedom I have never let myself have. I like that my clothes fit better, and I feel sexier in my skin.

Congratulations on your loss, and for sticking with it
It really gives us "small weight to lose, nothing else works" ladies, a chance to believe with willpower and patience, it will happen for us!
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #12

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

Thanks so much for posting this. It is wonderful to read your story.

You are what this is all about, you just kept on keeping on and grew into a new happy relationship with food and your body.

Congratulations.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brehede
Stats: 283/264/140
WOE: LC JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Thanks very much for posting - I have also found that the greatest thing about JUDDD is the removal (mostly) of the craziness around food!

Good luck
Dee
brehede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Your words are why I JUDDD! I have never since turning 40 been able to live stress-free about weightloss except now with JUDDD!

Great to hear how other's experience is so similar to mine!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Hope - what a beautiful post! I admire you so much for sticking with it and seeing your persistence pay off over time. yeah!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Thank you Hope. I too, can relate to struggling with food/ weight issues since my teens. In the beginning I was worried that this WOE would trigger old thoughts/ feelings from when I was anorexic, but no, not at all. My relationship with food is better than ever.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Don't worry about slow. I never really believed the turtle won that race. The important point, to me, was the turtle crossed the finish line. That was win enough. I have been JUDDDing since January first. And not only was my weight loss rate slow, I kept experimenting and slowing things down further. And, you know what? I crossed the finish line this month!

YOU, my dear turtle, are going to cross that finish line! And you are never going to look back
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote