Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: illogical
Start Date: 05/13/2013
Is JUDDD for me?

Need some advice.

I have been on and off Atkins for years now, I lost 40lbs weight and gained all and additional (as a punishment) back.

The thing I noticed after being a Yo-Yo Atkin-er was that I am unable to stick to it for a long time. Sometimes its because I am unable to plan ahead for each and everyday, and when I get home from work, I just dive into what ever is available and mostly the handy things are high on carb. I am sick and tired of going over and over it again. I start Atkins lose 5-7 pounds and then poof! I am eating bad again and one day of unplanned meals go on to two..and then three...then I have gained all the 5-7lbs back + guilt and anger on losing my self control AGAIN!

I need help...help from those who have been doing JUDDD who came off of Atkins. I know low carb works, its the ONLY thing that ever worked! I have started Atkins since Monday (AGAIN!) and lost 3lbs. I don't care if its water weight, its the numbers that matter to me and motivates me. This time however I am actively participating in these forums because it helped me so much back then, especially when I woke up with the attitude of "I don't care, I will eat whatever I want" people on the forum encouraged me to not go off and I listened. I am back here to get same support because I have very fit people around me. They don't understand my struggles. I am the only one who is this big and I hate it. I hate that I cant do things with my kids and hub, I hate that I don't want to meet people because I want hide in shame that I did to myself again even though I promised my self I will never walk this path again...7 years later I gained 40lbs back plus 15lbs more Standing here at 191.5 I want to take charge of my life again. I want to go out, I want to meet people I want to do things with my husband and kids. At 191.5 I am 6lbs heavier than my husband who is 6' and 5'4!! For the first time in my marriage my hubby told me that I am getting out of control I need to lose weight...I know he is right, he tells me he wants to age with me not lose me...I know he is right and I want to do right by me too...my life is passing me by and I am taking a back seat because of my weight....

Need your help in finding out of I should continue Atkins (hopefully not getting off of it again) or start JUDDD, what was your reason to start JUDDD and was it as effective when you switched over from Atkins to JUDDD? I have 51 lbs to lose....
illogical is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Sounds like hubby is a dear who loves you very much and will support you in this. That is huge.

I haven't transitioned from LC so won't offer advice but this is a great supportive group. Hope you will join us.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Oh, Illogical, I feel for you. I've been in that spot where you just feel disgusted with yourself. I wonder how I let myself gain back all that I worked so hard to lose (and more).

I came off Atkins 6 weeks ago and started JUDDD. Well, I didn't exactly come off Atkins because I'm still controlling my carbs, just not as much. In the first 5 weeks of JUDDD I lost 13 pounds. It truly did break a stall I was experiencing, and I'm so much happier being able to eat more foods - the ones I that had been absolutely off-limits on Atkins. I haven't weighed this week because of TOM, and seeing that water weight gain seems to really throw me for a loop. I'm hoping by next week to see 2 - 3 more pounds gone.

My experience in the past has been one super successful round of Atkins 12 years ago, many other attempted and failed rounds, and recently another 55 pound successful round until I stalled recently. Those tried and failed rounds, I felt I just wasn't ready, wasn't fully committed. I don't know why sometimes we are ready and sometimes we are not. Maybe knowing how concerned your husband is about your health can provide the motivation for you to really commit to JUDDD. I know for sure being active on this board has helped me tremendously, so you're on the right track there.

Remember that you are worth it! You deserve to feel better, physically and about yourself. And you CAN do this. All these wonderful people here on this board have had their struggles too. But look how many success stories there are, and how happy they are. You can be one of those success stories.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the encouragement Cici and LoCarbGal!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
JUDDD does take planning or keeping UDs high enough (but not toooooo high) and DDs low enough can be a problem. At first when I was too busy to cook, I kept a lot of frozen dinners. I ate two (breakfast, lunch, and dinner - really - totaling to about 500 calories) on DD and several (totaling to about 1500 calories) on UD. For me, eventually, I got both strong appetite suppression for DDs and time to cook on UDs.

If you can find ways (as above) to keep an eye on your calories, then JUDDD is well worth doing. Most bodies thrive (and lose) on it. I certainly have.

WELCOME! Plan how you can make sure you are eating proper calories and jump in!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Illogical, the most important thing is finding something you can stick with. There are a couple of points you make in your post that concern me. You are highly motivated by the numbers on the scale. Who among us isn't, right? But, and this is a biggy, the scale BOUNCES on JUDDD. It is not linear, and it will go up and down, but the overall trend is down.

If you decide to try JUDDD, I'd recommend not weighing every day, and never after an UD, at least until you get over the number obsession.

Secondly, you mention that you have problems planning. JUDDD requires planning, at least in the beginning, until you know your calorie counts and which menus work best for you, to keep you satiated on down days and to keep you from going hog-wild on up days.

I think JUDDD is an AMAZING plan, and I can't see myself ever doing anything else. It works magically for most of us, even those of us with damaged metabolisms or medical issues which make it hard to lose weight. I think if you're ready to commit, and give it at least a month doing the rotations strictly, and at the calorie numbers the website gives you, you will be surprised at the ease and freedom you can gain, while also losing weight and being healthier. But it does take commitment and planning, and the scale bounces can be scary.

I came from low carb, and just decided to carb up the weekend before I started JUDDD. Now I don't worry about carbs at all. However, if you do that, you most likely will regain any of the water weight you've lost this week doing Atkins. Be prepared for that, and know it's not FAT, but just WATER. Many here do low carb AND JUDDD and it works quite well for them.

Whatever you decide, this forum will be here, and the people here offer amazing support and wisdom.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014

Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Dawn and gotsomeold, I appreciate the feed back! Just couple of questions.

As far as I am understanding please advise if I am correct:

In JUDDD you don't count crabs but calories.

DD you eat as few calories as possible (close to fasting state) but carbs are ok?

UD you can eat whatever you want?

Best way is to alternate one after the other.

Can you gals give me a typical UD and DD menu to get an idea?

Thanks a mil!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogical View Post
Thank you Dawn and gotsomeold, I appreciate the feed back! Just couple of questions.

As far as I am understanding please advise if I am correct:

In JUDDD you don't count crabs but calories. No need to count carbs at all if you don't want to.

DD you eat as few calories as possible (close to fasting state) but carbs are ok? A complete fast is great, but anything under 500 calories for the first two weeks works, then at the level you decide from Dr. J's website. Carbs are fine as long as you're not carb-sensitive. Many find a good bit of protein helps on DDs, but others like bulk. I go somewhere in the middle and have veggies and protein to keep me satisfied.

UD you can eat whatever you want? Yup. Either to satiation or to the UD limit set by the calculator. I use the calculator number and make sure I get up to it regularly.

Best way is to alternate one after the other. Seems to work best that way.

Can you gals give me a typical UD and DD menu to get an idea? Check out any of the menu threads on this forum. We have separate threads for DDs and UDs, and they're listed by the day of the week. Ex: DD Wednesday ~ What are you eating?

Thanks a mil!
Any time.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
WOW You have gotten some awsome,truthfull answers here, and i agree with them all I would love though to see YOU learn.. as WE have ...that TryingJUDDD and learning to love life, FOOD and our selves., is so worth the effort!. JUDDD has turned out to be so much more than just a simple eat one day dont the next kind of plan.. it has taught alot of us(my self included) There is no food that is "OFF LIMITS" . No one food should EVER define our selfworth ...based on being weak and "WANTING" to eat it. Or eating it and feeling like we are a faliure.. We make our food choices according to how it makes our bodys feel.. When im Stressed, i do eat the occational loaf of bread ( for me thats my weakness or indulgance) I have done the low -carb thing while i judded,, BUT!! I chose to do it with healthier carb choices.. I eat whole wheat bread..( only twice a week) and a ton of veggys and fruit... but i still CHOOSE to not eat potatoes.. I have actaully gone off on a pitty party one day and ate REAL SUGAR omg,,, it was really really GOOD.. SO once a month now.. I"choose" that item I "think" I want.. and that works for me.. If you feel like you cant have something.. it makes you want it all the more.. and to belive that any certain foods should be not be allowed in a diet.. can be really really tough to try and maintain on for the rest of your life.. JUDDD is so simple.. just track those caloires.. I still "Feel" The best when i dont eat the processed foods.. so its it my choice to not consume them.. but not every one does it this way.. There has to be a balance in your life on what foods make you feels good when eating them BUT also allow your self a CHOICE to eat things that you normally would not , and not be afraid of what that scale says:hug: OR feel that by eating it, your a faliure.. Alot of us have been where you are.. your afraid... your afraid to hope~ Is it possible that eating every other day can actually bring results??? Well the answer is YES.. And more importantly... EAting is not a bad thing.. learn to savor those comfort foods.. but know that tommorrw you wont indulge.. but the next day..Eat it again!!! I have come along way.. i now love me.. i love food.. and i love not eating.. I am In Control of my body.. and i am being rewarded with weight loss Sorry for the book here today.. i just wanted to :hug: you and assure you.. This can be your journey too~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much Kimberly! I appreciate your kind word and advice! I love the support I am getting to go through the induction phase! You guys are awesome! I gave it some thought, and think that I will give Atkins last shot, and if I fall of the wagon again, I will start JUDDD with its UD
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Sounds like a good plan illogical. I hope all of this goes very, very well for you!!

And, if you stay curious about JUDDD - many of us combine LC & JUDDD...or vegetarian & JUDDD....or Paleo & JUDDD...or non-stop sugar and JUDDD (well, probably not).
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I don't know if the before and during pictures attached, but JUDDD has been an answer to my weight loss/ health improvement prayers. I hope you will take a leap of faith and give JUDDD a try.

The pictures didn't attach, but I'll try to bump the thread.

Last edited by Carly; 10-17-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote