Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: illogical
Start Date: 05/13/2013
Question

Where can I find out how JUDDD works?
illogical is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Here is a good place to start.
WHAT IS JUDDD? COME INSIDE AND SEE!!
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogical View Post
Where can I find out how JUDDD works?
Hi! JUDDD is so easy and so simple that there is little to have to learn about it. You can go online and just Google "JUDDD" and the Alternate Day Diet site will pop up, and you can read the very few simple instructions there as well as our thread in our sticky section above.

Dr. Johnson wrote a book too... (insert laughter here) but it really is little more than the information you will find at the JUDDD site when you Google it.

You will probably learn the very most about *the real JUDDD* by reading here at this forum, as we deal with the nitty gritty of following JUDDD daily. This is where we share tips and advice and where we ask for help and solve our problems. And share friendship. And encourage each other as we journey.

Hope you'll join us here. This is a truly amazing plan that lets you eat whatever foods you feel best on, so we have low carbers here alongside those of us who eat it all. And in the end, we improve our overall health and find ourselves transformed into amazing slender beauties. (.. she daydreams in her mind..) Join us!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
I bought Dr. Johnson's book, it was interesting, but there is so much more day to day 'how to's' online. Specifically, this fab board which is comprised of all the supportive folks here.

The book had way too much standard nutrition, from the perspective of a medical doctor, not a trained dietary nutritionist. Kinda had a feel of 'filling up the pages'.

I think Dr. Johnson is a genius in his own right, would have preferred to get more details about the studies that he based his plan on. Charts, graphs and data sets would have made the book ground breaking. Maybe he couldn't do that because of copyright law or some such?

Anyway, there is tons of info here, and everything you need to get a good idea if JUDDD appeals to you.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
...I think Dr. Johnson is a genius in his own right, would have preferred to get more details about the studies that he based his plan on. Charts, graphs and data sets would have made the book ground breaking. Maybe he couldn't do that because of copyright law or some such? ...
At the time Dr J wrote The Book Of JUDDD, he was going pretty far out on a limb. I suspect he has learned a lot since then. I keep wishing he would write a sequel...and include all the information about IF/CR that has exploded in the interim (especially in the last year!).

If he had not included all that - I am torn between 'filler' and 'noise' and 'feldergarb' - the book would have been a pamphlet!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
A google for modified alternet day fast will turn up lots od studies like this.

Short-term modified alternate-day fasting: a novel dietary strategy for weight loss and cardioprotection in obese adults

One other thing I found and am sorry I didn't bookmark it is something realy strange
hapens the first day of a fast ( our DD counts as a fast day ) is our metabolism is
actualy faster on the fast day than on a non fast day. It looks like it takes 2 or 3 days
of verry low calorie intake to make the body slow our metabolism and of course on JUDD
that doesn't hapen because of the UD's.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Zib
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Zib
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: August 2012 - Cholesterol down 70 points!
[QUOTE=E.W.;16024640]A google for modified alternet day fast will turn up lots od studies like this.

Short-term modified alternate-day fasting: a novel dietary strategy for weight loss and cardioprotection in obese adults

I see Krista A Varady on that study. She's the Chicago doctor interviewed on the BBC program, "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer".

That's worth watching to get an overview of why this works and to see how well the plan works for the host. He lost "more than a stone" (14 pounds) on the diet and brought his cholesterol into line.

"I can never take for granted the euphoria produced by a cup of coffee. I'm grateful every day that it isn't banned as a drug, that I don't have to buy it from a pusher, that its cost is minimal and there's no need to increase the intake. And thanks to the magic in a cup of coffee, I'm able to plunge into a whole day's cheerful thinking." Anita Loos
Zib is offline   Reply With Quote