Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kaos0100
Stats: 415/269/
WOE: JUDDD - started 6/25/12
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I just want you to be successful and be able to lose weight and to increase your good health and ultimately your life. We all are behind you 1,000%, and everyone else who comes here to try, who hopes for success, who asks for help.

OK, one thing you do need to understand is that JUDDD, as an alternating fasting-based eating plan, is very healing. We do find that there are some who just don't get going into weight loss as fast as others. But we think that JUDDD is still working inside them, working to bring them up to optimum running order. So sometimes we aren't able to release much fat from our cells until we're put back into better 'balance'.. So some have to do JUDDD, wait patiently, accept that it'll be a little while before their weight loss kicks in, and just go with it. But faithfully doing JUDDD every day, forming the habit, learning the tricks, enjoying the way fasting gives their digestive track a little more restful day, enjoying how they get to enjoy lovely foods on their Up Days before doing another DD. They keep the up/down eating cycle going, allowing JUDDD to aid their healing and function on the inside, even before they are experiencing weight loss. So you may still need to be patient.

You said you were sort of all over the place in your Up Day calories, not really worrying about anything except not going over. And that may actually work OK for awhile (but often not so well), although I think you should be eating at a lower UD calorie number. So since it's going to be lower, you won't want to go too much lower than that (or higher) too often. That advice to eat all your UD calories becomes more important the fewer of them you get.

How about trying this: Keep your DDs to 500 or fewer calories.

Then bring your UD calorie number down to 1800, and don't go much over or under that for the next two or three weeks. Choose nourishing foods for your UDs, so that those 1800 calories are doing a real good job for you, as they will also need to be providing good nourishment to make up for the few calories you'll be getting on your DDs.

Don't worry about doing any particular carb level. Don't worry about doing low carb. In fact, sometimes people seem to do better when they aren't real low carb. Sometimes it seems that having a bit higher carb level convinces your body that there is plenty of all THREE macro-nutrients out there, and it seems willing to release fat a bit better. Many here have noticed that they lost weight better at a somewhat higher carb level on JUDDD than they ever did on a low carb diet previously. So those extra carbs are sometimes very, very helpful. But make them 'good' carbs, not crap ones.

Think of the calorie numbers you will be eating as working like a piston, UP/down... UP/down... pounding up and pounding down, and there seems to be something about that spread in the calories, and the fact that we aren't jumping all over the place with our calories, that works magic eventually. (There IS a diet plan where the calories are all over the place, called the Zig Zag diet, but.. that isn't JUDDD. LOLOL)

Once you have your calorie numbers in place (and I think 1800/500) will be a very good place to be for quite awhile, your body will be able to switch on its SIRT1 gene, and that's nicknamed the 'skinny gene' for a reason.

Try to stick to that UD calorie number pretty closely, especially in these first weeks of this experiment, because it's more likely to get things going properly, and if it isn't a good number for you yet, it can known, because you will not have deviated from it too badly. You will be able to rely on the information you get from doing these numbers for two or three weeks faithfully.

How does this sound? I wish you nothing but great success. Losing weight is hard, but once you get *into* JUDDD, you can just sort of forget about it. It no longer seems to be a focus, but instead.. it just frees you to turn your attention outward to your real LIFE and enjoy the dickens out of it!!!!!!!!!! Hugs!
Thank you so much! Since starting on JUDDD on 6/25, I HAVE lost 33.6 pounds...so at least some of that time SOMETHING was working. Whatever was working then, though, isn't working now. I thought it was so workable and I had finally found the THING that was going to work for me for life. I hope I can get back to that feeling.

I will drop my UD calories to 1800 starting tomorrow, my next UD. When you say stick to it "pretty closely", what do you consider closely? I am a very detailed type person so "closely" would be getting within 50 calories.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hope this works Karen. How long is it since you started to eat up to you calories?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Hope this works Karen. How long is it since you started to eat up to you calories?
This is my second week. Last week was my first week and I lost 4 pounds. This week, I've bounced back up to my previous weight, plus one.
Kaos0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #34

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh dear.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #35

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos0100 View Post
I am a very detailed type person so "closely" would be getting within 50 calories.
LOL Well, if you can get it that close, you're doing good.

Good luck to you. Hope you'll post your progress on the daily threads on this, so we can see how it works for you.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
PAt you are simply an amazing woman WOW
Two others things that can reflex on the scale.. if not sleeping well.. body dont repair like it should and weight will go up or stay the same.. also.. stress over those numbers really will block progress too, soooooo Have faith JUDDD works,, just eat as Pat wrote.. dont over think it.. just "belive" it IS working.. and you will be surprized at what that darn scale will do!!:hug: Oh and dont forget.. Drink lots and lots of water( flush that fat out of your body) Your in good hands here hun i can see this.. i look forward to watching your progress on this journey~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Hugs!! Honestly, just use the scale as a guide but dont depend on it!

Get a tape measurer and use that! When I first started JUDDD my scale would go up and down and frustration would hit, but all the while the inches were melting off. I never could figure out how 10 inches lost never showed on the scale but it true!

I started JUDDD in march in a size womens 16-18 at a weight of 190 something. I am now 165lbs in a juniors 9. Go figure! I wish the scale would show my losses better, but it is what it is. Pirate Jenny said once "why do we define ourselves as a number" and you know she is right!!!

So seriously tape measurer!!!! Oh and a journal. I find if I have a food journal that sits on my kitchen table, I do better. Everything that crosses my lips is written and I do better when I hold myself accountable. Cause that whole "well a bite wont hurt me" is wrong! I never realized how many bites through a day I was having!!!

You will be ok!!! We are here for you!!!! Hugs again!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Thank you!

I have never been able to accurately and consistently measure myself...so unfortunately the scale is my best friend, and lately, my worst enemy.
Kaos0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos0100 View Post
Thank you!

I have never been able to accurately and consistently measure myself...so unfortunately the scale is my best friend, and lately, my worst enemy.
Me either to be honest. I always did a rough estimate but the inches were still falling even with that!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Hugs!! Honestly, just use the scale as a guide but dont depend on it!

Get a tape measurer and use that! When I first started JUDDD my scale would go up and down and frustration would hit, but all the while the inches were melting off. I never could figure out how 10 inches lost never showed on the scale but it true!

I started JUDDD in march in a size womens 16-18 at a weight of 190 something. I am now 165lbs in a juniors 9. Go figure! I wish the scale would show my losses better, but it is what it is. Pirate Jenny said once "why do we define ourselves as a number" and you know she is right!!!

So seriously tape measurer!!!! Oh and a journal. I find if I have a food journal that sits on my kitchen table, I do better. Everything that crosses my lips is written and I do better when I hold myself accountable. Cause that whole "well a bite wont hurt me" is wrong! I never realized how many bites through a day I was having!!!

You will be ok!!! We are here for you!!!! Hugs again!!!
Love everything you said thank you for your wisdom!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote