Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
For yesterday's UD.....I had 2 pieces of fudge saved from what dd made the previous day when I couldn't have it. It was soooooo good and fit my plan for the day. But then I was 'bad' and ate not 1, not 2.....but 6 of her cookies. (At least they were small. LOL) Planned to have 2 but they were so good my sweet tooth didn't want to stop. But you know what.......I was super busy all day and skipped B & L knowing I might have sweets after dinner and my numbers were still good. Having that boundary kept me from feeling guilty and going on to eat a dozen....and that makes me smile. Up .4 this a.m. which is perfectly normal for me following any UD. I know it will be gone tomorrow. And even though there are still cookies left I am not tempted to have them today since I had my fill yesterday. (I know those weren't healthy choices and really, I don't do that every UD...but it's nice to be 'able' to now and then.)
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm another who enjoys sweets and desserts. And also, who doesn't have them all the time either. And who appreciates a plan that allows me to work them into the plan without so much as a blip on the radar.

I also find it interesting that just because I can, doesn't mean that I do. I could work sweet treats in on a daily basis, but I don't. Just when I decide I want something, and that usually isn't all that often.

I should add.. JUDDD has really changed my view about all foods, sweets and treats included. Compulsions eventually just fade away. JUDDD magic, I guess. Whatever it is, the fact that JUDDD has entirely changed my relationship with food is a welcome miracle.

Last edited by SoHappy; 10-19-2012 at 07:21 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Dawn gets soy and edamame back!

This makes me smile on a MD
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #34
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Dawn - so glad your new endo is so good for you! And congrats on the soy freedom! YAY!

Pat - there really is something freeing about this WOE. I'm amazed by my reaction to it. When you know you CAN have something, it somehow takes away the obsessive reaction. I can have ice cream any 2nd day I want. And you know what? I haven't had ANY since I started JUDDDind. Crazy. Wonderful. Amazing. WOW!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Dawn, I'm glad you're able to have a bit of soy here and there. It's really hard to completely avoid some ingredients that seem to be in every food out there. I have a pretty strong wheat/gluten sensitivity but I sometimes allow it in tiny amounts like in soy sauce and it hasn't affected my body negatively. I'm thankful I can do that because I know others may not be able to.

I feel the same way about JUDDD and freedom. Just knowing I can have whatever I want on occasion (within the confines of my food allergies and health restrictions) really made a huge difference in my relationship with food and dieting. I've never found a woe that's as positive and freeing as JUDDD. I don't have any binging or uncontrolled falling off the wagon episodes anymore because the reality is that I enjoy the way I eat now and I love the food that I eat as well. No reason to binge if I can just schedule it into the next UD (or heck, even on a DD if I can fit it in).
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote