Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Newbie coming from HCG to Juddd with questions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/785641-newbie-coming-hcg-juddd-questions.html)

Kelle 10-15-2012 05:08 PM

Newbie coming from HCG to Juddd with questions

Hi All,

I've done several rounds of HCG and probably doing one more short one to reach my goal weight (I'm 14lbs away).

I'm wondering how many of you have done HCG and then transitioned to Juddd for maintence or even to lose a bit more?

I am so NOT a calorie counter and that scares me about Juddd. I'm so used to going into P3 and P4 and maintaining (or trying to) by watching carbs. So my question on the DD on Juddd, does anyone do the 500 calories like you would on HCG? Meaning eating like you would if you were taking HCG and sticking to the 500 diet? If I know what I can eat (ie; 3.5 ounces of chicken breast and veggie for example) for one of the two meals on a DD I think I could do this.

Also what in general do you all eat on UP days? Do you not worry about carbs, sugar, starches, etc, and just eat what you want but stay under a certain calorie limit? Could I eat low carb (under 25/day) on UP days and still have success on this?

I almost hate to do another short round of HCG. I almost wish I could combine it with Juddd but I don't know if that is possible or the ramifications of doing that. Meaning take HCG one day, eat the 500 calorie diet and then the next day not take the HCG and eat like I was on a UP day of Juddd. Then repeat every other day but I think that would backfire on me because of the HCG in my system every other day.

For now though I'm looking at Juddd as maintenance and allowing myself a little more flexibility on maintenance. It's not that I feel deprived doing low carb but it would be nice every now and then to allow myself to eat like a normal person (one who has a great metabolism and can eat certain things without gaining) every other day.

Thank you for any thoughts, advice, etc., you can offer.

Seabreezes 10-15-2012 06:13 PM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ns-newbie.html

See the answers in this thread.

Also read the beginning posts about what is JUDDD. These should help you.

Kelle 10-15-2012 06:26 PM

Thank you Seabreezes,

I did read the what Juddd is thread and just now read the other one you recommended. From them it sounds like calorie counting is required on UP days. Since I eat low carb I never count calories although one day I did just to see and I was eating about 2,800/day and maintaining. Hmm, just not sure I could stick to counting calories.

Also those posts didn't answer the question if anyone eats low carb on their UP days with success?

LoCarbGal 10-15-2012 10:48 PM

Hi Kelle! Glad to have you poking around and learning about this great WOE. I don't know that much about HCG, but I wouldn't alternate taking it with UDs of not taking it. Why waste your money on the HCG if you're not going to get the full benefit of that protocol.

I do (mostly) low carb on both DDs and UDs. I would say most days I'm under 30 grams net carbs, and many are still 20 or less. But I also allow myself days of more carbs than I've eaten in months. Like having a slice or two of pizza, starchy vegetables like acorn squash, fried catfish with cornmeal crust. I still haven't allowed myself to go down the sugar, potato, pasta (other than Dreamfields) road. Lots of JUDDDers add all those back with great success though. I just feel so much better physically when I avoid those things, I'm a little afraid. Maybe later I'll be able to.

I lost almost 55 pounds doing Atkins Induction starting in January of this year through August. In early September I started JUDDDING and have lost another 13 pounds. I'm not weighing this week due to TOM, but I'm hoping next week to see another 2 or 3 pounds gone. I've been really pleased that JUDDDING has broken a stall I was having on Low Carb. You'll hear that a lot on this board.

Good luck whatever you choose. We'd be glad to have you join us here, either now, or later when you're ready.

C'Marie 10-16-2012 12:01 AM

Hi Kelle, I'm far from an expert on JUDDD but I did transition from my 7th round of hcg to JUDDD for maintenance after hitting 100 pounds lost. There are several here who did come from hcg as well. I did my P3 with JUDDD, and then went into P4 with it. It was a bit of a rough transition just because I went straight from hcg and the 500-calories, did my 72 hours (injections) with 500 calories, did ONE regular P3 day, and went right into JUDDD down day, so I didn't really restock the proteins and fats coming off of the protocol. But I did do ok. I ended P3 under my LIW and had no correction days. Now, coming back from vacation and taking a break from JUDDD due to insomnia, I'm starting over with JUDDD a few pounds heavier. I do eat mostly LC but I like the fact that after my P3 I could eat whatever I did want, even if it was a few bites of carbs. I do try to stay away from grains for health reasons (my joints). But I have been known to have some real sugar *gasp* on occasion.

I do like knowing what 500 calories looks like, since doing hcg. I do like the freedom, however, of eating what I really want in those 500 calories, unlike hcg. If you are only trying to maintain, not lose, which you want to do in P3 anyway, I would say don't worry a bunch about counting perfectly your UD calories. And you only have to do the 500-calories on DD for 2 weeks, then you can even adjust up your DD calories to a maintenance level if you like. Then you might have to watch your UD calories a bit more. But everyone is different and no one will say you are wrong for trying it your way.

These ladies are really great. No one is judgmental and everyone will tell you their honest experience and help you feel good about your choices.

Kissa 10-16-2012 02:07 AM

Hi Kelle, good to meet you, lol.

I too thought I could never get myself to count calories at first, but with a good online calculator it really isn't hard and, after a while, you can second guess when necessary.

I am no expert on HCG as I haven't tried it. But like lots of people here on LCF I poke around the other threads. It seems to me that you would do better not to try the 'alternate day' HCG. I don't think you would find the DDs difficult after all your low calorie experience.

Looking forward to seeing you here often.

Kelle 10-16-2012 07:04 AM

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate the replies. I think I will give Juddd a try for P3 and beyond and just see how it works for me. It sounds very do-able especially for maintenance and the idea that on UD I could actually have more guilt free variety sounds appealing (staying within reason of course).

I'll be sure and chime in when I start that and let you all know how it goes.

buttah 10-16-2012 07:27 AM

Kelle, a few months ago I researched this very topic by doing an advanced search with "HCG" in "titles" here in the JUDDD forum. You will see a few similar threads and many more answers that way.

I have just finished my first (and only) round of HCG, and will likely be coming back to JUDDD (I went from JUDDD to HCG) for P4, in three weeks.