Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
So after short break I am back to JUDDD

I can honestly say I missed JUDDD. I even found when I wasnt actively doing JUDDD, the JUDDD thought was still there and I was still doing "sort of" UD/DD's.

Anyways, the reason I stepped away was due to hubby and work issues. The job he had for years, they downsized and he was apart of it. It took 3 months for him to find another.....only to be layed off 3 weeks later again....the economy is bad!!!

He is able to get unemployment this time so its not just me and my paychecks. I kept us to where nothing was shut off but cant say nothing was late. The hardest thing was only having like 20-30 dollars a week for food. But I did it. Now I am not saying we had the best foods for you. We lived on mac and cheese and hot dogs and things like that. I cant tell you the last time I had a salad!

I did manage to keep running through this whole thing. The running kept my mind at ease I think. I would put the head phones on and just go and felt so good! The eating thing was another story. I had gotten to 159 before I "paused" JUDDD for a while and as of this am I was back at 169. So 10 pounds in 3 months isnt really all that bad for what I have been eating......but its still not good. I think alot of it is the lack of water too. I normally buy water because our water is well water. It fizzes and smells and I wont drink it plain! We had been making alot of homemade tea and stuff. So I think I was drinking calories verse eating them to be honest. That and we had some extra money from when he did get to work those 3 weeks so I know most of that weight is also from the .....omg food.....though. We had things the last 2 weeks we havent had in ages, like pizza and steak and I did go over board! Oh and pumpkin muffins......all that kind of stuff is on sale at Aldi's and my daughter loves to bake so I think I have personally had 2 dozen muffins myself lol!!! I was still hanging around the 165lbs mark until then! I made it into junior size 9's and they are still fitting fine, so I think alot is water weight for sure!

I decided I am loving what JUDDD has done for me, body and mind wise that I miss it too much and am coming back to the ways. The stress has passed for the moment and I can clearly focus on JUDDD again.

So today was my first official UD since my pause. I am at 1600 calories as of now. I can have 1700 or so. So I am done for the night. Tomorrows DD will stink because I havent done one with no food in ages, but I will do it!

I will also make an effort to make it back to the boards as often as I can. I still work as much as I can right now. Due to kids b-days coming up and christmas and the fact we are still late on bills. But as the time allows I will try to post. You all keep me honest and I love that about you guys so much!!!

I do have to say though. I can fit into my wedding rings again. I havent worn them in years. I gain so much weight over the years that I couldnt get them on for nothing. I was going through my jewlery box about a month ago and put them on......havent taken them off since.....so very happy over that!!!!

Ok take care all and talk to you all soon!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tanya, I had noticed you were gone and I was worried about you. So sorry that times have been tough, I know sometimes you find your job stressful too.

It sound to me as if you have done really, really well holding things together for all the family. Well done all of you, I can imagine that it has been hard.

You should be so pleased that your rings and your Jnr 9s are still fitting. Great job lady. And well done on keeping up the running too, wow that is brilliant.

Lovely to see you back here.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4

Sorry you are going through such a tough time!

Can you get food stamps? My son and I used to get $275 a month...It was about $64/week for two people so we still had to be very frugal and hope to get invited to dinner at a friend's house once a week or so, but it helped SO much!!!

I was only getting $148/week from unemployment for a while, and that didn't go very far! We wouldn't have made it without food stamps!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #4

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
back Tanya! We've been missing you!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Hi Tanya! back!
my DH has gotten laid off 2x in the last 2yrs, and it's crazy stressfull and you've done awesome keeping your family afloat!

I too just saw your name on something today and was thinking "where is she" so I'm glad you are back

KUTGW in all aspects, and come here whenever you feel like it and we'll be here for you!

Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Tanya, it's wonderful to see our face again. You are an amazingly strong woman. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Missed you Tanya and glad you are back. It sounds like you have been through some tough times and I am so glad that you have been able to keep up with your running and looking after your family. You have done the DD's many times in the past that I am sure they will be easier for you in no time. Glad you are back!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
You have done amazingly well under the circumstances. Hope DH finds work soon. Glad you came back. Look forward to getting to know you.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Whenever a familiar voice vanishes, it is hard to decide whether it would be an intrusion to send a PM. Welcome back Taunya! I am horrified you have gone through such a stressful time! I am delighted you managed as well as you did. Have a good DD!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Welcome back. You have been on my mind and I was worried about you. I'm sorry you and your family has had such a hard time. Like Nancy said, you never know why someone may step away and I wanted to be respectful of that, but did think several times of sending a PM. So glad your back!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #11

We all learn to care so for our JUDDD BUDDDS. Which is really nice.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

awe!!! i feel so loved! didnt realize any one missed me! you all could of PM'd me! i would of answered! i was still checkin up on the boards, just wasnt posting. i would check on my cell at work and if you cant tell by this post its hard to post from the phone! i have a dinosaur phone but i keep it cause unlimited data is only ten bucks a month compared to a smartphone and data plan! i thank you all for the support and will try to post tonight! love and hugs to you all!!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya - so sorry about what you and your family have been going through! So much stress, but you've gotten through it very well, and you did what you had to do. You're a strong lady!

Glad to have you back, and I'm sure your body will respond with quick losses and increased health.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Tanya, you're so strong to hold it all together like that. Looking forward to hearing from you more.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Tanya-- I had a thought about your water situation. Would you be able to invest in a Brita water filter jug?

I now have a fridge that filters water, b/c the city water here REEKS of chlorine. I'm wonding if the filter would work for you, and save you a ton of $$$ on bottled water, as well as being a "green" option (but mostly, I'm worried for you and the $$$ on bottles).

They have a lot of different sizes, and they make generic filters that are less expensive than the name brand Brita filters... they even have a jug that fits the whole depth of a shelf in the fridge, so it just pours out with a tap (always wanted that one).

then you could drink just water and not sugary tea?

Anyway, maybe it's not an option, but if you hadn't considered it, maybe it would be?

Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #16

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Good idea Soren! Our city water also has a lot of chlorine, and we got one of those filters that mounts on the faucet itself. Ours is a PUR and also adds minerals. The water tastes great, and I don't get that acid reflux I was getting with the regular city water.

They even now have regular water bottles, like you'd take to the gym or wherever, that have a filter in them, for less I think. You could just fill that up with tap water and it filters right in your drinking bottle.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #17

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm glad you're back too.

I'm another who takes periods away, where I either don't go online much at all, or just focus in a certain area, and then come back here and spend awhile and refresh my soul.

Glad you're back. Those few pounds you put back on will melt away again. I expect you'll be right back to that lower weight shortly, and then on down from there! Woo Hoo!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Ty ty!!!

The water filter thing.....where to start....if it has been made, we have tried it! Our water is still that fizzy and smelly even with it. Right now we have a whole house water filter system, a brita faucet filter and a filter attached to our water in door fridge. Only if you boil it is it drinkable even with all that!

I normally would buy a 24 pack of water, and fill a few up at work and bring home too. So that case will last me a good month. I was trying to bring home gallons of water, but my boss kinda frown on it. I dont know why, its well water also. But dont want to upset her so.

Once we have steady money again, I will go back to our water bottle service. We had it for years and it was just a expense I couldnt afford at the moment.

I had one of those filter water bottles too, but the inside turns a nasty orange/gray after a month and I was going through filters like crazy with it. All the filters in our home that we use get this gray slime on them after about 2-4 weeks. We have some kind of sludge that the water pump brings up.

Last edited by krow134; 10-15-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Old 10-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Oh, no! That's terrible! I don't know what I would do without my Brita... probably buy way more water. Our city water is gross, but the Brita takes care of it enough so that I can drink it with a few Mio drops and a sqirt of lemon juice.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Tanya! I came back too and was wondering where you were. I'm so sorry for all the hardships you've dealt with. Hopefully it's all behind you. I think you did remarkably well for only gaining 10 pounds in 3 months. I could (and have) done much more damage.

You'll do great on your DD!
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Tanya...It is so good to see your sweet face. You did so good on this plan and I'm confident you will again. for you and your family that things will turn around very soon and that things will be even better than before!!

I, too, am not here as often (posting I mean) I do try to read here daily tho, even if I don't have time to post. As you already know, it's as great a place to be as ever!

You're a sweetheart and deserve only the best!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm glad you're back too.

I'm another who takes periods away, where I either don't go online much at all, or just focus in a certain area, and then come back here and spend awhile and refresh my soul.

Glad you're back. Those few pounds you put back on will melt away again. I expect you'll be right back to that lower weight shortly, and then on down from there! Woo Hoo!
I love reading your post Pat. Hope your back too!
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #23

That water sounds really foul. I am so so sorry that your boss isn't more co-operative, but I know how important it is for you not to rock the boat there. People are weird.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

ok, so today I finally applied for food stamps and medical assistance. Really sad that I need to, but hoping its approved. I can really use the help. The holidays coming and so on. I realized I dont think I can do thanksgiving or christmas dinner without it.

Daughter got hurt at soccer a month back, and the hospital bills are coming in and WHOOOAAA they are high. So I am hoping they can help with those and help get the kids new glasses/contacts too. I check with walmart about the glasses/contacts and its gonna end up almost 150 a kid!

My only frustration with the whole process is having to make copies of all the bills and bank account and so on so forth. Quite a nosey government we have! I understand teh whole need to make sure people arent taking advantage thing, but seriously I have to copy my bank statement for the month for them...... Do I really need to explain that a 6 dollar charge on my debit card at walmart was for tampons and pads????? eeekkk!!

I have to fax all this in the am, so hopefully I will know soon! My boss is letting me fax from her office thank god! I called a local business who does faxing but they wanted $7 for the first page and $3 each additional page (have like 15 pages to fax), but the whole reason I refuse to use them is, they said they needed to make thier own personal copies of everything they send incase of a concern.......um NO!!! To much personal info they have no need to have either!

Oh well..........sad is life.......lol!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I'm glad you applied. It may take a few weeks to get your card (it's like a debit card; luckily not "Monopoly money" anymore & so much less embarrassing!), but you will get benefits from the day you applied.

Quote:
Do I really need to explain that a 6 dollar charge on my debit card at walmart was for tampons and pads?????
No, they don't ask what you spent your money on.
They *might* question deposits, if they are different than what you say your paychecks and/ or other income are.
I think it's mostly to (a) verify your income for the last 30 days, and (b) make sure you don't have more money than you're "supposed" to...for example, in NJ, you can't qualify for any benefits if you have more than $2,000.

Food stamps are usually based on your income for the last 30 days, and you said you had extra money for a while from your husband working for 3 weeks...so if it hasn't been 30 days since he got his last paycheck, you might get rejected or get less benefits than you're entitled to on your current income. If that happens, you can re-apply.

Quote:
Quite a nosey government we have!
And they want to add drug testing to the application, too!

I'm sorry your daughter got hurt!

I'm hoping for the best for you!!!!!!!!!!

PS--I'm not a social worker or anything, but I've gotten food stamps a few times over the years!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

thank you jenny! we had gotten food stamps once before but it was when the kids were really little. i remember sitting i the office for hours! this time it was online and by fax. so much easier! i did have to send copy of his last check and stuff, even had to send copy of kelly blue book on value of our one car. honestly though, even if i only get 50 bucks it would be huge help! well even if only medical assistance i would be greatful! like i said both kids need new glasses and a tooth cleaning, and my daughter turns 16 soon and will need a physical for a permit so she can take drivers ed....list goes on and on!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #27

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
I pray things get approved and you get headed in the right direction. Nothing worse than hospital bills and no money for everyday stuff.

Bills are truly never ending!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HellInYourEyes
Stats: 165.6/165.6/100
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: 10/28/2013
I wish you the best of luck!
HellInYourEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I'm so sorry you're having these difficult times, Katie. I hope these benefits get approved quickly and help ease the stress. Medical bills can really be a killer. I'll be sending you my positive thoughts and vibes!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #30

I hope you get all possible assistance Katie, you deserve it. You are so inspiring, keeping up your running, your job and caring for your lovely family.

You make me feel very humble.