Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
6 months in maintenance

And I think I finally trust it.

I don't obsess over every bite, especially not on an UD. I don't track every single day. Maybe 3 or so a week. I sometimes get a little diet fatigue and take a 'vacation' for a few days, and just do what I want. Sometimes that means I eat more, but sometimes, it means I just eat to satiety which tends to get me around 1200 cals/day (I do not lose when I do this though, which tells me my metabolism can still be stalled pretty easily).

I do have quite a few food restrictions--those who've been around awhile know this, but the newbies might not since I'm not around much these days. I have allergies to eggs, dairy, cashews, sunflower and garlic. And I have blood glucose issues if I have too many refined carbs or sugar. Wheat tends to make me bloated and miserable as well. So I tend to stay moderate carb (100g-130g on UDs). This usually helps keep my cravings under control (serious previous carb addict here).

But recently, I'd had a few weeks where I wasn't keeping as tight control on my bad for me foods, and so was at the top of my desired maint range (which is 124-126), or even a pound or 2 over. A week ago, I decided enough was enough, and went to 'clean' foods, and serious dd's of 600-700 calories. Within 3 dd's, I've shed the extra 3 pounds, I'm back at 124, and the muffin top is gone again.

I love that this plan lets you nip those little scale creep episodes in the bud before they get out of hand.

I no longer feel that all my weight is lurking in the shadows, ready to pile back on if I just ease up for a day or two. I do not worry that I will completely lose control if I have some goodies--even if they aren't "good" for me in other respects.

And when I do deviate, it doesn't take long for my body to tell me, "You know, you really don't feel that great, so why don't you have a good dd or 2 to make me happy again?" I am VERY aware of the anti-inflammatory effects of sirt-1. I can feel it in my hands and feet especially when I've been off plan, or eating bad for me foods--they ache and are puffy. Right now, they feel great.

My second dd this past week, I was sitting at the table in the morning, doing school with my dd, when all of a sudden, my sinuses did this massive drain thing--I was blowing and swallowing to beat the band. And in a couple of minutes, my head was SO CLEAR I was astounded. I hadn't even realized I'd been stuffy, until I suddenly wasn't.

When I first entered maintenance, I was so concerned about how to do it, if it would last, if I would mess it up, if I could really do it long term, etc.

But those feelings have gone, and I know that I really can do this forever. Because even if I get tired of it for a bit, my body brings me back to it, almost without me even thinking about it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Tina, that was a great synopsis/status update. You had such a complex and stressful journey - especially with the food allergies and sensitivity to all things inflammatory.

It is great you have reached a place so much better than 'goal'.

Reading this, I realized, every time we say 'Trust JUDDD' we are really saying (whether we know it or not) 'Trust Yourself'. Golly, that made me happy.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Thanks Nancy. It really is a trust thing. And I trust myself around food again in a way I haven't for a long time.

Forgot to mention I've also played around with a fast 5ish plan when I get a bit fatigued too. If it's a 'dd', keep my calories to around 200 until about 4pm, then eat if I'm hungry. If it's an UD, I work to get those UD cals in. If it's a dd, I will eat if I'm hungry and not if I'm not. Some of those dd's end up around 600 cals, some around 1200. But it's just another tool in the tool box.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Awesome report. You definitely give me hope for a lifetime maintenance (once I get there)!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
WOE: JUDDD

Glad to hear you are doing so well Tina.
We really are on a journey to find what is best for our bodies. Learning to listen and take action.
I feel like I have started to love myself enough to do this maybe for the first time in my life!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
What a beautiful post Tina! Thanks for sharing your wonderful realisations.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
How nice to know when we reach our destination, we can maintain for an enjoyable life with very little fuss.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Tina, it's good and so helpful to hear how well you've been maintaining (I also remember all the trials you went through during your way down to maintenance and have learned a lot from what you've shared). Thanks for updating us, and I hope to be where you are eventually, particularly trust in the entire maintenance process.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Thank you Tina for the whole report. Thanks for the mention of the sinus thing,too, because I believe I have experienced that before and now that I think of it, it happened when I was keeping up with rotations well after a tough time back in spring. I'm not sure I associated it with JUDDD, but now I do. (I have been most impressed with breathing/respiratory help, though.) How interesting to think positive, anti-inflammatory things might well be happening throughout the body.

Great job staying right with your maintenance goals.
Whitlin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Thank you Tina for the whole report. Thanks for the mention of the sinus thing,too, because I believe I have experienced that before and now that I think of it, it happened when I was keeping up with rotations well after a tough time back in spring. I'm not sure I associated it with JUDDD, but now I do. (I have been most impressed with breathing/respiratory help, though.) How interesting to think positive, anti-inflammatory things might well be happening throughout the body.

Great job staying right with your maintenance goals.
I have experienced this as well, and it's only ever on DDs, never on UDs. I wonder if this is true for others as well? Early on, I started keeping track of the differences of how I felt/hunger levels/body and health issues, etc between UDs and DDs, and the sinus thing is a very consistent occurrence. Sinuses always clear out on DDs like magic. It was one of many things that convinced me that I wanted to do JUDDD forever.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It's so great to hear that you are doing well and are enjoying maintance and all the benefits of this WOE.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/116/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Hi Tina!

How great to read your post It is so helpful to all of us here!

I hope some day to feel like you do, but for now Main is not easy for me

Thanks For Posting!

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TryingJudd
Stats: Re-started Judd on 8.5.14
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: 3.26.12
Congratulations - you are an inspiration!
TryingJudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Bless your heart for giving us hope. Someday I hope to maintain as well as you. Congratulations on all your success!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Thanks for this post, Tina. I love that you've figured out what your body needs and can keep yourself feeling your best.

I haven't had the dramatic sinus drain, but I suddenly realized the other day that my usual autumn seasonal allergy symptoms have been nearly non-existent this year, and with my having my house open quite often. This is fantastic!

MAGIC.....
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
TINA - thanks for checking in! MISS YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote