Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Eating Primal?

So before re-entering JUDDD I was reading Mark's Daily Apple, along with Nerd Fitness and a few other sites that advocate that hunter gatherer, lower carb diets, and I wonder - do any of you find it helpful or find more success eating a primal diet with whole foods, organic items, and so on?

Maybe it's a bad idea...
no potatoes?
VERY limited dairy?

But maybe I need a lower sugar/carb to lower the UUADs

Last edited by ladybarometer; 10-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Misspellings
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Luv that site! IMHO definately a healthy way to eat. Not that I am ready for any kind of restrictions yet. Part of the JUDDD appeal for some is the no food off limits - no feelings of deprivation - easy to blend in with the rest of the world for special events, etc. I don't feel like I'm dieting if I am eating what is good for me most of the time and still can eat with the crowd on Special Occasions. However, I am still in the early, enjoying the formerly forbidden stage with JUDDD and only now exploring what I want to eat for health. One of the nice things about whole foods is more bulk for the calories than processed foods. Also, they don't tend to trigger binges the way processed foods do, at least for me.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I believe that clean eating is the best way to eat, which is almost the same thing (but you can bake stuff with whole wheat flour too). Anything in its natural form. I did it for awhile, everything organic, but didn't lose. My body and skin felt great though! Soo...... when I lose this weight I will go back to eating this way. It is a bit hard on DD's to eat clean all day... Diet jelly, diet soft drink, protein shakes... all not clean but they get you through. I try to have as clean an UD as possible, but sneak in treats cause thats what makes the DD's worth it.
Once I reach goal, I hope to eat clean again. IMO, going low carb and in ketosis, made me miserable, especially when I would go out for dinner and there would be some sort of hidden sugar in the food. I felt like I was gonna be sick the whole time. And I missed fruit very much.
I love JUDDD for this reason. I don't miss food anymore. If I want it, I have it. Most DD's I don't crave foods, just get hungry.
BTW, sweet potatoes are clean, low in cal but you know what? White potatoes grow in the ground too, so just enjoy them (just make sure you eat the skin too, very high in fibre)

Last edited by SICCHI; 10-10-2012 at 08:11 PM..
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

That is what I don't understand about Primal, is that it preaches clean eating, yet they have so many restrictions on clean fruits and veggies making it just another diet IMO. At least on JUDDD, I can eat whatever, within reason, including potatoes and legumes.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I have been eating whole, organic foods since the 70's...so by now it's just a part of who I am.

But eating that way does not mean that one is more healthy. Many peop in this world over eat and binge, mostly because of dietary restrictions, I think.

About those UUAD's; IMHO if a food is still a trigger, eliminate it and try again later.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I am removing chips from the home - I can't control my chip and dip binges it seems, so I'm not going to stress myself with resisting - I'll just get rid of it!

I've learned I need pre-portioned food.
Any food is fine, but something that is limited in portion is best for me.