Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG, Steph!! Loved reading your update - you're doing fantastic! Wishing you the best at your convention.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Oh steph this is Awsome~ Also What a beautifull photo of you~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 154/147/130 - 5'4", Age: 52, Highest:178
WOE: JUDDD 1850/700 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD 4/30/12, LC and Carb Cycling 2002-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne2u View Post
My goodness, I just saw your new avatar, and you are so beautiful!!

We started JUDDD at the same time, and I really appreciate your observations. I've noticed the same things at about the same time.

On "let my people go": yes to this! I hate that wonderful people feel so bad about themselves and suffer so much discrimination on a daily basis because of something they can't help! I want to hug overweight people and say, "it's not your fault; you're beautiful. Your metabolism is a little bit broken, but it's fixable."

I've been obese my whole life (until this year, thank you lcf and JUDDD) and obese people ARE my people. I don't know if I could love a naturally skinny person like I can love someone who's been overweight and knows what it feels like.

On insomnia: me too. Me TOO. The past few weeks have been just miserable. I've been reading some really old posts here on the JUDDD board, and it seems to be a really common problem with our WOE!

In reading those really old posts, I think I've found a solution that's working for me, three nights of sleep now and knock on wood...but I got some theanine serene w/relora at the health food store. It didn't work. But I kept reading old posts, and it turned out I was taking it wrong! You have to take it every day for it to work, not just when you can't sleep. Ohhhhh. It sure doesn't mention this on the label.

So I've been taking two a day for the past three nights, and I'm sleeping like I haven't slept in YEARS. I haven't slept through a night since my son was born 8.5 years ago, until three nights ago. Last night I slept 10 hours!

I'm glad you figured out the DD brain-fog problem - I was really afraid that was going to be the straw that broke the camels back where you were concerned.

Thank you for being your wonderful self, Steph! WTG!

Lynne
Threadjack...thanks for this info Lynne!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/182/183 (173?)
WOE: JUDDD/CAD
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
And when I saw lots of chubby people in the restaurant, I felt like shouting, "LET MY PEOPLE GO!"

My husband and I roared with laughter at this comment.
He mentioned that though this diet was discovered in 2003, the principle of it is almost biblical. The Israelites fasted twice in a week. Who knew?
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Very inspiring post! And congrats on the beautiful photo and your book nomination and releasing another 2 pounds. Yay you!
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
15 Weeks on JUDDD -- Yikes.

Today I weighed in at 269 for a gain of 6 lbs this week, 21 lbs total, 17 of them on JUDDD at a rate of 1.1 lbs lost a week.

I said I'd be okay if I gained a few pounds over the weekend while I was away. To give myself a little extra cushion, I did some crazy high fat experiments before I left to get down to 263. Good thing, too. Because if I had to report the dreaded 270 again this morning, I'd have burst into tears.

Instead, I'm just going to grind my teeth and decide that it was well worth whatever I managed to do in three days that would make my weight shoot up so high because I WON THE GOLDEN LEAF!!! :jump joy: :jump joy:

The way the awards ceremony works is that instead of announcing the name of the winner, they start reading from the winning book. Well, I was so nervous that when they started reading from my novel, I shook my head and whispered, "That's not mine." I didn't stand up to accept the award until a friend thumped me on the leg and cried, "How many other Selene's are there? You won!"

Anyway, I've now gone off plan three times. The first was in Anaheim and I gained 6 lbs. The second time was at the Baltimore Book Festival and I gained nothing. The third time was at this convention and I gained 6 lbs. So I'm not entirely sure what the pattern is, but it may have something to do with champagne :P

Now I'm on my way out for another weekend away. I know, this could be disaster so I'm trying to do a medium day today so that if tomorrow goes off the rails it will at least fall on an up day. Then I look forward to working my rotations as usual. Yikes.

Downsides

Increased appetite. I thought my my stomach had "shrank" during JUDDD. Let me tell you, this weekend, I found out I could still put quite a bit away.

No JUDDD Magic for Me. If JUDDD protected me against weight gain this weekend, I shudder to think how big I'd be right now without it.

Upsides

Easy to Re-start Rotations. I went right back into it when I got home. They weren't pleasant...the body likes when it gets to eat every day. But it wasn't too hard to get back on the wagon, which is a wonderful advantage of JUDDD.

Easily Did JUDDD on the Road. I road-tripped with a friend and we stopped at Wendy's and I got a chili. No awkward explanations needed.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
Congratulations on the award!!!

As for the gain and the JUDDD magic, I gain like crazy if I even do two UDs back to back, but it's usually gone within a week. That's my version of the magic, and I hope yours goes away quickly too!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Steph - you won! YOU WON! That's AWESOME!

I'm sure that weight will drop back off soon. Good luck on your upcoming weekend away. I can imagine how difficult that makes it to stay the course. But you're in this for the long haul. You can do it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
:congratulations: Steph!!! WTG on the award!

re: gain... meh. Not to worry, it will come off within a week of good rotations. I think I've had to "re-lose" about 20lbs since starting JUDDD in April... I gain 5lbs, 7lbs in a week or 10 days, but lose it and go lower. I've just accepted it as part of some of my trips where I have less control over daily food, and more tantalizing options.

I too am trying to get to a lower weight prior to my next trip, fully expecting to gain 10lbs over 2 weeks at an all-inclusive

Back you to-- YAY YOU!!!

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 154/147/130 - 5'4", Age: 52, Highest:178
WOE: JUDDD 1850/700 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD 4/30/12, LC and Carb Cycling 2002-2011
WOW!! So excited for you Steph!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wonderful about your award, so thrilled for you. Less pleased to hear about the 6lbs up.

Struggle on, you know how to do this!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I'm thrilled that you won!

The weight will drop off. I have found that vacation weight comes off easier than the first/ initial loss and usually takes a couple of it's annoying friends with it.

Congrats again!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote