Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 2012
Struggling on Week 2

I think I've read of a few people having a rough time with Week 2. I haven't lost any weight (in fact I've gained 2 pounds ) and my DDs are really difficult to get through. All week I've been going over by a couple hundred calories because I just can't seem to control myself So no wonder I've gained. It's been hard to stay on track. I messed up most of the weekend and had to keep switching DD's to MD's because I was going over too much.

I guess I just want some words of wisdom that this might be normal and maybe a boost for me to keep trucking on. I had doubts this morning that I wanted to stick with this WOE even though last week it was the greatest thing ever .

I don't really track but I also think TOM is on it's way any day now so that could possibly be the reason for all of this. Just wanted to vent and hopefully get some encouragement because I really need to get back on track. Thanks everyone!
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Lost with JUDDD! Maintaining with HDE/IE
Just remember, the longer you do this, the easier it becomes. I always encourage people to give it at LEAST a full month before they decide. Do your best to get your rotations under control, and watch the weight fly off.

That being said, my third week I did everything right and gained. Sometimes it just happens and you have to be patient. If I had thrown in the towel, I'd be 90 pounds heavier (or more!) right now. You can do this!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
You may have hit the nail on the head, thirteen blessings, mentioning that TOM is close at hand. Keep as close to your rotations as you can, remembering that each successful DD is a help to you even if it's not at the exact percentage you hoped, or placed directly where you wanted it on the calendar! It could be that when TOM leaves, you will find a lot to be happy about. All best wishes.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
13B,
Part of the crazy JUDDD ride is that each day feels about 48 hours long with the planning, the trial and error, the hunger, and the infernal scale.
Hang in, honey.
I lost and then gained four pounds during the first month, even while my pants were getting much looser. I wasn't close to a scale for most of that month, and was glad for it.
And every day felt like a cliffhanger.

But soon, soon, it gets easier. It just becomes what you do, and what feels good.
This is the steep learning curve bit.
If I could wish something for you, it would be for you to do your best and to spend lots of time congratulating yourself, being amazed by your willingness and readiness to do this, asking for any support you need, and doing excellent non-food things for yourself (I made up some reward every week).

Soon, soon, you'll be offering the same support for new people, and you'll be doing that from a slimmer, healthier, and far more confident place.
It's fantastic that you've asked for help.
One day at a time. (One hour at a time, sometimes, right?.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
TOM is probably the issue. But, we do see some people who seem to need to give JUDDD some time to do some internal housekeeping before the body can release weight. Those little sirts you are generating may be running around cleaning up future health 'opportunities' even as we type. Once that work is done, weight loss is usually smooth and steady.

You are not alone. As Dawn says, JUDDD frequently needs a month to really get going. Some of our most outstanding maintainers were slow starters.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:36 AM   #6

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hang in there 13B, it will pay off. It takes time to get the DDs in order, lots of folks eat more cals than they should on them in the early days. Just keep on keeping on and you will be rewarded.

Sending
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Thank You

Thank you, you guys are wonderful!!

TOM showed up last night so I bet that's 99% of my issue. Why I can't seem to get my food under control and why I'm not losing this week. Explains a lot!

I had a good DD yesterday and plan to have a healthy and under control UD today. I definitely did not notice as much PMS which is partially why I was taken a bit by surprise by TOM.

Can I ask something kind of TMI? I have had gross stomach issues since starting this diet. In that every time I eat I get really bad diarrhea. Is this normal in the beginning? Kind of like a detox thing ? Or do I simply have a long lasting stomach bug? Just curious. Thanks again!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #8

This still occasionally happens to me after a year of JUDDDing. I refuse to let it bother me. I work on the theory that the less time it is in me the better.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you are feeling better about it all. I'll bet it was TOM that was causing the struggle.

As far as the bathroom issues, I have been having that, especially on UDs right after I eat a good, fatty breakfast. DDs doesn't seem to be an issue. I usually don't even "go" on DDs. I figure not eating that day doesn't push whatever's in there on down the line.

Sorry about TMI, guys. But it's nice to be able to ask those questions, and find out if others are experiencing the same thing.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Exactly. Not glad to hear that you guys are experiencing similar struggles but glad to hear it's not a stomach bug or "something wrong with me". I actually have the opposite issue, it tends to strike me worse on DDs than UDs. But I think it's because I have to take Metformin for my PCOS and since there's not as much food in my stomach on DDs the Metformin side effects are much worse. That's my theory anyway. I won't let it bother me anymore, I'll look at it as a cleansing side effect of the diet and I don't have to spend any money on expensive cleanse pills
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #11

Both UD and DDs for me.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Hi there! Thought id offer some advice too. I am just finishing week 6 and it is starting to work NOW! The first month i only lost a pound but kept at it. Up until last week, i was still going up to 700 cal on a DD (when it should be 400). Anyhoo, this week i managed a 300 cal DD with ease nd have been BURSTING with energy. Its so weird! But finally, finally my jeans fit the way they should and i can SEE my body is changing ... please, just stick with it, as i said, 6 weeks its taken. But i think my sirt pool is full and overflowing. (Yay!) As for the toilet issues, yep! Thats me too. Better out than in! Oh TMI again, im well known for that... dont be discouraged by the scale, your pool is still filling up
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Lots of good advice given here. I'm just popping in to say keep up the good work, soon the magic will begin!

Hugs to you!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Look at you, NoWeigh! Just noticed the number on your ticker growing. Great work!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Connie! Connie! Hey everybody, look at Connie!!!!!
(Why do I feel sure your name is Connie when you haven't put it in your signature?)
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Seventy freakin' pounds!!!!!!!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #16

Yay Connie, over 70 pound down. WTG.