Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
Sleeping issues~~~~

Ok, so I've been JUDDING for about 5 weeks now, with little results. I started at about 149 at the start of September. Then started October at 148 after a huge weekend but I'm around 146-147 today. I'm not overweight but my BMI is around 24 and I am 5ft5. So apart from the very, very slow loss, I had found sleeping on DD nights incredibly difficult. I would get to sleep at 10 - wake at 12 - fall asleep again around 2 - then in and out till 6 (when I have to wake for work).
Anyhoo, this week I have seriously struggled with my DD's (eating 700-800 ). I don't know if this is because of the massive w/e, or TOM coming next week, whatever. But.... I have been sleeping again!!
Does anybody eat more than their recommended DD cal? Mine are meant to be 400, but ya know, I love my sleep. I am worried my weight loss will never happen eating this much on the DD. Would 700/1700 work as well as 400/2000?? Anyone??

Last edited by SICCHI; 10-04-2012 at 08:36 PM..
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
Hi SICCHI,
I try to stick to 500 calories or less on my DD's. However, sometimes I can tell about an hour before bedtime that I'm not going to be able to sleep. When that happens, I have a 100 calorie snack--for me, it's usually a spoonful of peanut butter or cream cheese, and that really seems to do the trick for me. You'll have to experiment and see what works best for you. I suspect other JB's will jump in with more ideas, as I think many of us have run into this before...

Last edited by stepinthyme; 10-05-2012 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: Clarification
stepinthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I started with a recommended DD of 387. I started at 500 cal/DD and pretty much stayed there. If I was uncomfortably hungry late in the day I went over by 50 or 100 (pb rocks!). If I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. From 175 to 137 that worked just fine. From 137 to 128 I found I needed to keep at least two DDs a week at or under 400 (the third could be 5006 - 600).

I never had trouble falling asleep.

Some metabolisms actually seem to need more cals on DD or they stall. Since weight loss is so for you, and since by not sleeping your body is signalling it is under stress, I encourage you to try 500 - 600 cal/DDs for a few weeks.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Well one of the important parts of weight loss in any woe i have been reading up on is SLEEP! There is a "magic" window of time in which the body is in repair mode while we sleep and if we dont get that much needed sleep we can see it result as no loss on the scale or even a small gain..I dont know all the techncal stuff on this subject, im sure YAM YAM or even Nancy here knows what i am reffering to.. SO i would make sure that if lack of food for you is causing your sleep issues i would do my best to save some of those caloires for when you need it most, or even up them like the girls said with a 100 cal choice to get you into the sleep mode ~
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Sicchi, I'm not sure what to suggest in terms of calories to help you sleep, but there are some yogic tricks that can help.

Relax your tongue. Usually, you'll find your tongue is pressed to the roof of your mouth, let it rest along the floor of your mouth. By relaxing your tongue, you'll help quiet the internal dialog in your mind that sometimes chatters so much that you can't sleep.

Prolong your exhalations. Let your exhalations become twice as long as your inhalations. Once you can do that comfortably, let your exhalation become three times as long. This triggers an automatic relaxation response to your body and should help your drift off to sleep.
Dakini is online now   Reply With Quote