Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I forgot to mention the insomnia- mine is actually better on JUDDD, but not great and throw in the sleepwalking to boot. I have suffered with insonmia since I was 5!!!!! Tylenol PM helps because I also struggle with pain, but Benadryl always works well, too!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Oh the drama, really.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post

1) as usual, I totally get it. You're even inspiring me to try the coffee, even though I'm basically allergic to caffeine... but I still want to try it b/c of YOUR success
You could just eat a pat of butter and wash it down with a teaspoon of coconut oil. I'm not sure what the caffeine adds to the equation except for the buzz :P

Quote:
3) Oh, it's Thursdays? I was actually looking for this for the past 2 days Now at least I'll know.
Or Wednesday, depending on if it follows a down day. I don't like to weigh in the morning after an up day :P

Quote:
5) and... the ease and confidence of going right into a DD, knowing that you are not depriving yourself FOREVER from something delicious, just for rightnow, but tomorrow, or next week, or on vacation, or whatever-- you can have that one thing.
I never knew how powerful this actually was. I never realized how my psyche rebelled always against the idea that I could never have something that I loved except maybe once a year or something or maybe never. I now look back and realize in how many ways this sabotaged me in my life.

With JUDDD I don't have to hate myself, judge myself, or lie to myself.

I just have to wait until tomorrow.

Quote:
Finally-- I know that feeling of wanting to do 2 DDs in a row. I'm worried however, about totally blowing it, and then totally blowing everything. Of the mentality-- if a DD is good, 2 DD is better. But I think he says in the book it's not necessary (someone? yes?) so I've not done it yet.
As they say (so I hear) in AA, just work the program.
jmo, ymmv, and all other acronymed abbreviations...
Yep. This is why I haven't done it yet. I'm not sure it's smart. But I am painfully curious. I think I will just wait for the right circumstance to present itself. If my husband is out of town and I don't have any other obligations and I'm having a DD that is particularly easy, I will see if I can carry it into the next day.

So glad to have found you all!!!!!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Steph I'm so pleased and yes, I remember the early days with hunger pain and fretting about being so hungry. I know it will be any week now when you will start to look forward to the simplicity of DDs that are both full of energy and serene at the same time.
Carly, I don't know if I will ever get -there- but that sounds really nice.

I did find though, that today I woke up and realized it was a DD and I thought to myself, 'Well, I don't need to worry about fixing breakfast. Lemme just get my coffee and get to work.'
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.7/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Carly, I don't know if I will ever get -there- but that sounds really nice.

I did find though, that today I woke up and realized it was a DD and I thought to myself, 'Well, I don't need to worry about fixing breakfast. Lemme just get my coffee and get to work.'
I'm not a psychic- but I see it in your near future
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Yes! I have this feeling too. DDs are "easy" in terms of not having to think too much about food, almost no prep, barely any cleanup. I wake up on DDs and think, "more time to get stuff done." And on UDs I wake up and think "YAY I get to eat today!"

I guess I'm just a happy camper all the time (wish wish!)
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
WTG Steph! So glad you came through the extra food week feeling confident and in control.

The danger of 2 dd's in a row would be that your body would not come out of the stress response, and rather than releasing weight, would actually want to hold on to it due to the famine it perceived. Best just to keep the rotations going. Although, trying it just to see wouldn't hurt anything long term if you were of a mind to do it.
You and Nancy have convinced me that it might not be that bright an idea. I think I'll try it once just to see if I can do it, but I'm not going to make it a goal of my WOE.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Oh the drama, really.
This is maybe the one area of my life where drama wouldn't pay :P

Haha! Love you Kissa!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #39

ditto
Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
You and Nancy have convinced me that it might not be that bright an idea. I think I'll try it once just to see if I can do it, but I'm not going to make it a goal of my WOE.
I was thinking about this thread, and another BUDDD who has shortened her eating window on both DD and UD to increase the time she is fasting...

And I realized that on some UDs, I skip breakfast (or go as long as I can-- today I made it till 11:30am), sort of on this principle (and, if my morning weigh-in didn't quite thrill me I won't eat till maybe I give it another shot).

So it's definitely not 2 DDs in a row, but, sortof like 1/4? Bah, probably doesn't do anything but make me hungry. BUT not any hungrier than I'd be any other day having skipped breakfast till 11:30am, I do know that for sure b/c I do this quite a bit-- get up and get out and I forgot to eat.

OMG, totally rambling on Steph's thread

S.

p.s. I the JBs

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/211/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart 1-18-14
Hi Steph! Been so busy the past week or so, and I didn't get to spend much time reading the threads, but I made sure I read this one! It's chock full of good stuff to keep me motivated! Keep it up!
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Quote:
I believe the first weeks or months of JUDDD, it is best to stick to strict DD/UD rotations as close as possible.

But one of, for me, the great joys of JUDDD is how open it is experimentation...and consequent self-learning. In the last ten months I have gotten to know myself more and better than I did in the preceding 58 years.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
Quote:
(I write my updates on a Wednesday or Thursday depending which one of them followed a Down Day...
Oh good. I totally missed the pattern. Speaking as the person who forgot both her own first wedding anniversary and fiftieth birthday...I have a reputation as a scatter-brain to maintain!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Such an inspiring, hopeful, exciting post!!

Thank you for sharing your journey to this point. I was fairly new here when I started reading your initial posts when you were struggling with hunger on DDs. At the time, I was totally empathetic, but was past those difficult early HUNGRY DDs myself...

Well, I've been gone a month (from this board and from JUDDD) and am back to where you were the last I "heard" from you. I'm having to adjust to DDs all over again and would like to chew my leg off. What a wonderful time to read this thread! You overcame and are succeeding!!! Can't tell you how hopeful that makes me feel!

Congrats and thank you again for sharing!
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boysaz View Post
Such an inspiring, hopeful, exciting post!!

Thank you for sharing your journey to this point. I was fairly new here when I started reading your initial posts when you were struggling with hunger on DDs. At the time, I was totally empathetic, but was past those difficult early HUNGRY DDs myself...

Well, I've been gone a month (from this board and from JUDDD) and am back to where you were the last I "heard" from you. I'm having to adjust to DDs all over again and would like to chew my leg off. What a wonderful time to read this thread! You overcame and are succeeding!!! Can't tell you how hopeful that makes me feel!

Congrats and thank you again for sharing!

Oh dear. You can do it. You've done it once already!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #46

Yup!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #47

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Stephanie, I'm so glad you were determined enough to give JUDDD a fair go. I remember when you first arrived, and were questioning, hoping, doubting, willing, trying... I hoped so much that you would hang in with us long enough for *IT* to start working for you, for the JUDDD Magic to kick in.

When folks start doing Atkins, they lose so many pounds right off the bat, just from low carb water weight loss, that they are so excited about the success they're having. Now they may stall out when the water weight is gone, but they're happy right from the beginning about that weight loss they see on the scale, even if it is only water weight.

But on JUDDD, while there's almost nobody who isn't thrilled about those Up Days of being free to eat anything, of not really being on a diet at all, folks sometimes struggle with the DDs, and often JUDDD isn't a real fast weight loss plan, so they want it to get going!!!, and sometimes it takes awhile for it to do that. This is a plan that sometimes calls for a new follower to believe, and just do it for awhile with little progress right off the bat. But then, it all comes together. And Woo Hoo!

Love that you are now weighing less than when you were married. Congratulations on the good job you've done. And all this time, I hope you've been enjoying some truly amazing and delightful Up Day meals and foods. (Another Woo Hoo here!)