Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bosco0633
WOE: atkins induction
Not sure what I would call it...

Hey everyone, I have been back from Vegas for a week now and after a long year of "I'll start tomorrow's" I figured enough is enough.

Some may remember me long time dieter WW for year. Kept weight off for 5 years. Joined new unit at work late hours bad eating and gained 40lbs.

Found Atkins dropped it all but just wasn't content on LC.

Tried JUDD this year and it rely didn't work for me.

Have made multiple attempts on WW but just can't find the groove.

On Saturday I said enough and started out with a two day fast. It empowered me somewhat and I started reading up on Judd again.

I have found that I have zero appetite at all (hope not psychological). EOD I eat little to nothing. One small meal.

On opposite days I treat myself to something bigger but not crazy.

I have cut out everything processed, only water no snacks etc.

I can't really call it JUDD at this point and I can't call it LC.

I know that I need to eat but my energy is great, I am not starving and I'm losing weight. I lost 9lbs since Saturday.

Not a super heavy guy only have about 25lbs left to lose. Started 219, 210 today and want to get back to 185

My question is, Is this a case of determination or the start of something bad?
bosco0633 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Glad you're back. Re: no appetite, too early to tell. I can't really tell what you are doing from your post. You say you are eating a little each day so I guess when you say only water, you are talking about beverages not a water fast. There are a number of reasons for losing your appetite. Might just be your body's natural desire to be at a lower weight or fighting a bug. Might be a bigger health issue. If you have only been experiencing this since Saturday, and you can keep the food you're eating down and have no other worrisome symptoms, I would just go with it for a little bit.

Recipe thread for Metabolism Miracle

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-step-1-a.html
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bosco0633
WOE: atkins induction
Yeah everything going well. I seem to be fine with all regards. I just fasted the first two days and destroyed my appetite. Now I never really want to eat.

I eat a small 400 cal or less meal EOD. On the next day I will eat a bigger meal but honestly I just don't want food and my body seems ok with it.

Water all day every day just cut out all other drinks. No sweetener no pop etc.
No sickness coming on. Very strange
bosco0633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hi Bosco! Congratulations on losing 9 pounds in less than a week - that's a fantastic start! You guys always have big, dramatic losses and I am jealous.

I think I may know what you're feeling. Most of the time, I like to eat. I like it a lot. But I've had maybe 5-6 times in my adult life when my appetite just tanks, for no apparent reason. It lasts anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. I always feel fine during those times, not sick, not stressed (any more than usual). Just not that interested in eating. When they happen, I always hope it lasts awhile and usually do drop some weight really easily. Then my appetite just comes back by itself. I have no idea what it is, but I've stayed very healthy through the years.

I hope that's what you're experiencing, maybe one of these phases, with further help from fasting. I'd say go with it for awhile too, like Cici. Unless you're feeling sick, or keep losing too fast, or you still don't want to eat after a few weeks. Good luck!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
I think I'd just go with this natural appetite suppression for a few more days...as long you're feeling energetic and healthy, and are having healthy thoughts about yourself (you're not avoiding food because you're punishing yourself or disgusted with yourself), you're getting a head start on changing your eating habits without a big will-power struggle!!!

Seems to me like maybe your body is just naturally doing a sort of cleanse or transition...you said you were in Vegas recently; did you eat out a lot, drink more than usual?

If you start feeling weak or like you're losing muscle, you may eventually have to "force" yourself to eat, even if you have no appetite. But I'd make sure it's the kind of healthy, unprocessed food you're getting used to, so you don't get hit with cravings and undo your progress.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hi Bosco, I agree with the above, enjoy it while it lasts.

But, be aware that you need good nourishment on the alternate days, for your health.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/114.8/128 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD - 1/1/12 + intermittent LCHF
I agree with PJ. I think appetite suppression is, for many of us, a natural response to fasting/very low cal days. After all, when our cavepeople ancestors hit a dry spell, it probably ran for a long time. During that time, hunger and weakness would interfere with going out hunting/gathering. I don't think you have to worry about fasting DDs.

Very low to low cal UDs may be problematic. JUDDD magic happens because we start the starvation response on DD, then break it on UD, then start it again the next day. We are taking advantage of a very small window of 'starvation' time.

Speaking from experience, I have gone through several periods where I failed to eat enough on UDs (accidentally! she blushed). At first I lost weight, then I stalled and started feeling not so good. Upping UD cals to my RMR + 100 restored weight loss and feeling good.

Who knows? You may sail right along the way you are going. Or, your body may decide the famine has gone on too long and you may stall. I encourage you to figure out what it would take to eat at your RMR. Dr J says most people's UDs fall within a range of RMR +- 14%.

So, watch how you are feeling. If weight loss stalls or feeling good degrades, have a plan to up UDs. That way, if you need it, you got it.
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote