Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Me too Meek, but I gained!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #92

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
No worries, Kissa. I'm sure you'll lose the gained weight in no time.

I'm back on track today...having a good DD thus far. All protein (tilapia and eggs) today.
I'll report back tomorrow. Still just a couple of ounces from breaking my stall. I can't "weight!"
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ArmyWife88
Stats: (HW:270.2/LW:171) SW:209.6/CW:196.1/GW:150
Another DD here. Last one didn't end well but I kept an UD reigned in yesterday and showed a loss today
ArmyWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Hey all, I'm a "returner". I've only been gone about a month due to a combination of things. Surgery a few months ago which led to a weight stall, getting ready for vacation, and then went on said vacation (had a wonderful time). Must have walked 15 miles at least so I think that kept me from gaining more than I did.

Since getting home, I've done a modified JUDDD just to get back in the swing of things before coming back here. Mustered up the courage to step on the scale today and I'm only up about 2 lbs., I think, without going back and looking at my last post in September's daily thread. Not bad, but up 13 lbs. from my lowest pre-surgery. So, I've redone the calculator based on today's weight. Will do the rotations that work for me mentally, which is a M/W/F (DD), T/Thurs/Sat (UD), Sunday a MD.

Have been catching up on some of the threads and so glad to see some have reached their goals and/or are continuing to lose weight. I'm hoping my body has finally healed enough to begin losing weight again. I feel good and the surgery seems a dim memory now. That's gotta be good, right?

Glad to be among my JUDDD BUDDDs again!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #95

Welcome back Vanilla, so glad you enjoyed your vacation and I really hope you can now shift some more of that annoying post op weight that has been the bane of your life.

You were missed my killa friend. (Sorry, private joke!)
Old 10-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Welcome, ArmyWife88! Thank you for your husband and your personal service to the country.
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #97

So sorry Armywife, I thought I had said welcome back to you! You did so well last time.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Hi 'Nilla!
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patkid
Stats: 199/163.8/165
Start Date: Feb. 3, 2014
finally, finally, finally.
I have a down day in.
Thank the Good Lord.
I didn't see a thread for DD menu for today, but I am determined to post it. LOL
B Atkins Vanilla Shake and 3 strawberries
L 2 slices (20 cal each) ham
1 Laughing cow wedge
Crystal Lite to drink in the afternoon I am calling about 50 Calories
D can of french cut green beans w/ teaspoon of chix broth and melted LC cheese wedge.
Total 420
I am so pleased.
I only pray this is finally the beginning for me.
I have been struggling with my cigs for 2 months and today I just decided that is no longer related to JUDDD.
I am officially separating my addictions, each to be dealt with independently of the other.
Thank you to all for still being here for those of us who struggle.
Blessings,
Pat
It is time.

Quote from SoHappy: I realized the world would never run out of goodies. I could have them forever. I didn't have to eat them every day, every Up Day, or even every week anymore.
Patkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
ok, gonna post here for accountability
I'm rejoining - but kinda have been on and off, with 2 DD a week (like a 5/2) and 2 MD and 3 UD trying to get back in the swing. I like to keep my school nights always UD so I keep having to switch my rotation by using the MD. I am trying to reign myself in from every day being a MD or an UD LOL. I feel like I have made some ground in getting better sleep and the insomnia was horrible when I was doing strict JUDDD, so I modified it a bit, and have switched around vitamins and medications and am trying to be more relaxed if I can going into bedtime. Hopefully it won't come back.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #101

Great day's eating Pat and very brave of you to separate your addictions, a good plan.

C'Marie, lovely to see you recommitting, it is hard for us to hold good straight rotations sometimes. I have had some issues with that lately too. I do hope you continue to manage JUDDD and still get good sleep.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa, it is so sweet of you to come to the newbie/returners thread to encourage.
Thank you.
and BTW 65 looks GREAT on you.
Pat
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #103

Why thank you Pat, how lovely of you. I love being 65!

I also love visiting here and offering any encouragement I can. I was so amazed by the kindness I found here a year ago and I know it really helped me. I transitioned from LC to full JUDDD after 2 or 3 weeks, something I never thought could happen, and it has changed my life as well as my body.

Paying forward is what it is all about in life.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 226/220/160
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 12/10/14
Newbie to JUDDD

Hi all, I am a newbie to JUDDD. I posted on the newbie sticky on this forum, but Cindy told me I should post here, too. I want to do a LC/JUDDD WOE. I like LC because it makes me feel good physically. I seem to be really carb sensitive, but want to be able to add in more fruits etc. Sugar is a big trigger for overeating for me, so I plan to limit that to maybe Thanksgiving and Christmas, but the rest of the year will be sugar free. I am excited to give JUDDD a try, since I think it will fit in well with my eating patterns. I am not typically a breakfast eater, so I eat lunch and dinner. LC seems to be a great appetite suppressant for me, so it should work out very well. I restarted LC (I tried Atkins in 2004, and went from 253 down to 185, but never lost any more weight and eventually quit) on May 1, 2012 and by July had lost 23 lbs., but the scale won't budge since then, so I am excited to finally see some results (I hope).
Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Nawthwoodshuntress!

I'm still kind of a newbie, been JUDDDing for only a couple of months now. The first month was challenging - got a lot of great ideas from the DD Only recipe files. Also, still learning from reading some of the older files and the Non Scale Victories is encouraging.

I think there are quite a few Low Carbers that do JUDDD, I still keep my carb count low. It's been a very effective combination for me - me metabolism is very low, it seems to have jump started the ability for my body to release the weight, which I've been fighting for over 30 years.

The support on this board is awesome - can't wait to share your journey! Love your avatar, btw!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Welcome, Nawthwoodshuntress!

I'm still kind of a newbie, been JUDDDing for only a couple of months now. The first month was challenging - got a lot of great ideas from the DD Only recipe files. Also, still learning from reading some of the older files and the Non Scale Victories is encouraging.

I think there are quite a few Low Carbers that do JUDDD, I still keep my carb count low. It's been a very effective combination for me - me metabolism is very low, it seems to have jump started the ability for my body to release the weight, which I've been fighting for over 30 years.

The support on this board is awesome - can't wait to share your journey! Love your avatar, btw!
Thank you! I expect this will be a challenge, but would really like to give this a fair chance. I am so glad to be around such warm loving ppl on this board! I've been reading a bit here too, to get a feel for the WOE. I am happy to add some carb items back into my diet slowly with this WOE, because I love fruit and beans (esp. pinto beans), so I want to eventually add some of those back into it. My biggest issue will be exercise. I have been diagnosed with chronic degenerative disc disease in my low back which keeps me from performing any type of weight bearing exercise (only small amount), such as walking. I currently use a stationery bike only, along with physical therapy exercises designed for core strenthening. So far, I haven't gotten up the courage to try walking my treadmill, but hope to in the near future to do some slow walking for a few minutes, and build up from there.
nawthwoodshuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #107

Don't rush the exercise Dawnie, lots of people here have lost perfectly well with no exercise at all. Listen to your body.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Don't rush the exercise Dawnie, lots of people here have lost perfectly well with no exercise at all. Listen to your body.
TY! I have to listen to my body, because otherwise, I get to a point of not being able to walk LOL I learned that a few months ago when it went kaput and the docs told me to take it easy. I now see what they were talking about. I don't overdo the exercise by any means, because I am not physically able to. I get to a point that I need to quit, usually around 15 minutes into it. But for now, I plan to keep on the stationery bike on my UD's. My physical therapist told me not to walk or do weight bearing exercise, so I am listening to her. She said that would be in the future, so hopefully down the road I will be able to start out doing a few minutes of slow walking on the treadmill, but I'm not pushing it, that's for sure.

Edited to add: I would love to be able to drop pounds without exercise!!! That would be a dream come true!

Last edited by nawthwoodshuntress; 10-16-2012 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: forgot to put something in
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Welcome, Nawth. I hope you love it here as much as we do.
The cycling of calories changes everything, in my experience. It has taught me to be far more aware of how much my body needs and how out of whack I used to be with that.
It also dropped weight that was not going anywhere on a relatively LC diet.
There is also something about the UD-DD rhythm that feels wonderful after the first while. I crave it after most holidays.
It isn't effortless, even after six months, for me.
But being fatter than I wanted wasn't effortless either. I'll take this any day.
All the best. I'm glad you're here.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
The cycling of calories changes everything, in my experience. It has taught me to be far more aware of how much my body needs and how out of whack I used to be with that.
There is also something about the UD-DD rhythm that feels wonderful after the first while. I crave it after most holidays.
But being fatter than I wanted wasn't effortless either. I'll take this any day.
TY! Glad to be here! I know what you mean about not being effortless. Being overweight isn't without effort either, as you said. Being on LC for the past 6 mos myself certainly hasn't been effortless either. I love the idea of being able to incorporate more whole foods and fruits and beans into it, tho. Hopefully I will be able to slowly get more of those items into the rotation. Trust me, I like veges, but I have been eating them til they are coming out my ears. So a change of pace is great and still be able to lose weight an added bonus
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Mmmmm, I love beans too. . . . need to work some of those back in
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Welcome back Vanilla, so glad you enjoyed your vacation and I really hope you can now shift some more of that annoying post op weight that has been the bane of your life.

You were missed my killa friend. (Sorry, private joke!)
Quote:
Hi 'Nilla!
Hi ladies!! 'Nilla 'Killa at your service! Missed you all, too!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Welcome, ArmyWife88! Thank you for your husband and your personal service to the country.
Thank you.

Quote:
So sorry Armywife, I thought I had said welcome back to you! You did so well last time.
Thanks. Hoping I can have great success again.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

I'm trying to keep today's UD at a lower carb level then previously. I'm thinking that will help with my struggles and reign in my hunger a bit. I'm going to allow a "regular" meal at dinner but the rest will be low carb or veggies.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Why thank you Pat, how lovely of you. I love being 65!

I also love visiting here and offering any encouragement I can. I was so amazed by the kindness I found here a year ago and I know it really helped me. I transitioned from LC to full JUDDD after 2 or 3 weeks, something I never thought could happen, and it has changed my life as well as my body.

Paying forward is what it is all about in life.
You do not look 65!

Quote:
Great advice!

nawthwoodshuntress
Old 10-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Did a good DD yesterday, now today's UD will be in control

Nice to see everyone out! Thanks for the encouragement, Kissa - you're sweet.
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good news - I dropped 4# in one week on JUDDD!

I started back on JUDDD with a DD on Monday at 145#.... saw 143# by Tues, but didn't seem to be going lower, and in fact went back to 144# (even after a DD). But on Sunday when I got on the scale, I was 141# so yippee!

I'm not counting vegetables (except starches like corn and potatoes), most fruits, my powdered green drink mixed with some apple juice, small amount of coconut oil, etc. I'm not even counting red wine (shhhh!!) I've cut back on the wine though.

I've had some trouble getting enough calories on my UD's, especially since I tend to eat lower fat now for my gallbladder and hormones. And the fruit and vegs help keep me fuller now that I eat more than I used to. But I'm mostly getting there calorie-wise or close enough.

KUTGW, everyone!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #118

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
WTG Sophie!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, what wonderful news, Sophie!!
I hope I can say something similar soon.
Pat
Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #120

Wonderful Sophie.