Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
OMG @ YESTERDAY!

First week down, and I'm feeling the changes!

Thursday and Friday I attempted two DDs.
It ended up being a 700 calorie MD and a regular DD, which was fine, but then came the reason I was doing those two days - football Saturday!!

We sat in Taco Mac for roughly 3 1/2 hours watching the Florida Gators play the LSU Tygers (The BF is a Gator fan, GO VOLS I say!!) We ordered chips and salsa and munched on that, and if I was honest with myself once we plowed through them, I would have simply accepted that I was full at that point, but this was the only meal for the day, and after the two days of little food, my brain wanted to eat, but my stomach didn't. I ate slow for the rest of the meal - we split wings (I had five) And that came with fries, which I didn't really indulge in. No alcohol at that point. By the time I ate everything, I was going to burst!! But really, that wouldn't have been much food before JUDDD - 5 wings, with chips and salsa - that's nothing!! At least, that's what my brain was saying - I think it was in re-feed mode maybe.. I don't know. I spent four hours running after my little nephews before eating that day, so maybe that was it too. Anywho's, later we split a piece of pie, and then we met some friends at a bar and I had a few tator tots and one cocktail. I felt sick at the end of the day, which was so strange - I remember my first UD on JUDDD after my first DD and I could not get full!!

I just can't put it away like before

Anyways, I had a good DD today, and I'm back in pattern
I'm less ravenous on my DDs now, so that's great

This week I had a 2.5 lbs loss - I consider that a definite success
Yeah, I was hoping for more, but it's never as good the second time around the block - I didn't have nearly enough water weight to lose this time. So I'll take my 2.5 lbs and run with it! Just hoping for the same next week

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Yes, 2.5 pounds for the week is definitely what I'd call a successful week, even with social eating. Congratulations!!!

Great that you're tuning in to overeating, I'm learning that too. Especially eating out, just because it's on my plate doesn't mean I have to eat it.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
I am just a couple ounces from hitting new territory and I can't wait. I am so sick of looking at this number. Dawn, has done so great on JUDDD. She is my inspiration! I'm following her menus, hoping and praying I have the same success as her. It's very important that I get this weight off. My life depends on it...seriously!!

Have a good day, ladies.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post
I am just a couple ounces from hitting new territory and I can't wait. I am so sick of looking at this number. Dawn, has done so great on JUDDD. She is my inspiration! I'm following her menus, hoping and praying I have the same success as her. It's very important that I get this weight off. My life depends on it...seriously!!

Have a good day, ladies.
She has done really well, and you will too!
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Today is my UD and I feel guilty eating!! I at 3/4 of a breakfast sandwhich at mcdonalds for breakfast, a lunchable and grapes for lunch, a cookie for a snack and now it isn't even dinner and I'm having a lean cuisine because it sounds good. Anyone else feel guilty? You're supposed to eat till you are satisfied on an UD right!??
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #66

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post

Have a good day, ladies.
Shhh, just don't tell anyone how much wine and fast food I consume!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Shhh, just don't tell anyone how much wine and fast food I consume!
, I won't! Promise
Old 10-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBeSkinnyMom View Post
Today is my UD and I feel guilty eating!! I at 3/4 of a breakfast sandwhich at mcdonalds for breakfast, a lunchable and grapes for lunch, a cookie for a snack and now it isn't even dinner and I'm having a lean cuisine because it sounds good. Anyone else feel guilty? You're supposed to eat till you are satisfied on an UD right!??
Thanks for your comment. You will do well also .

Today is an UD for me too and yes, I do feel a little guilty eating today, only because it's been all bad stuff . I'm at 1260 cals so far with 884 left. I was going to punish myself by not eating anymore, but the ladies here say to embrace our UD and don't be afraid to eat the calories, so that's what I'll do. I just need to eat a healthier dinner tonight.

I took this supplement called ptero and I promise you I'm not even hungry, but I must eat!!!

Last edited by Meek75; 10-08-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
Well I have completed my first week on JUDDD and also had my first weigh in today, so so pleased to say that I lost 5.75lb! I really didn't expect that much but am really happy. The DD's weren't totally easy but I stayed strong and even though I got really hungry it's been nowhere as difficult as the VLCD I did before and nothing's off limits I just have to make sure to stay within my calorie allowances
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #70

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
i am so pleased that you have lost more than you expected. Another successful UK JUDDDer!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #71

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
WTG WantToBeSlim!

5.75 pounds in one week is AMAZING! Gives you the motivation to keep on, doesn't it? Glad to have you aboard!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WantToBeSlim
Stats: 219.25/174/147
Start Date: October 1st 2012
Thank you Kissa and LoCarbGal. It really really does I'm also looking forward to taking my measurements at the end of the month to see what's changed there
WantToBeSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mommy2boysaz
Stats: 5'6" - 188.2/182.4/140
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: June 23,2012
Hello!
I'm back after starting JUDDD for the first time the end of July, then allowing myself to fall off the wagon entirely during Sept.! I really just kind of toyed with it through the summer, making lots of "exceptions" on DDs during vacations, business trips, etc., but still managed to lose 10 pounds. Now I've managed to gain them all back, of course!

So, my brain has been spinning, "Weight Watchers?? (Again!), Low Carb? (Again!), HCG?, JUDDD?" And I keep coming back to the fact that JUDDD was by far the best fit for my life and the least painful to do, while still seeing results; albeit slow results. I know none of the others are sustainable in the long run for me, but I truly believe JUDDD is!
Happy to be back!

183.3 Day 1 today: DD Finished at 595 cals.
mommy2boysaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Welcome, Mommy!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #75

Hi Mommy and back! I totally agree that this plan seems more sustainable (and flexible) than most other plans. So glad you've rejoined us!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's great to see you when you are able to stop by Sophie!
Aw, thanks, Dawn! And it's great to see you and how little you've become You've done such a wonderful job - it's like you're the face of the JUDDD program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Welcome back Sophie and good to hear you're feeling better. I hope you find what works for your poor gall bladder.

Just coming here every day and reading the posts helps me to stay on the JUDDD track.

Here's to comfy jeans!
Thanks, Flossy, it's good to see you here as well. Yes, there is nothing like the support here in the JUDDD forum. And yes to comfy jeans! I WILL fit into them comfortably again very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Tyl, Linda, Sophie. Hope I didn't miss anybody. Love to see new and returning folk. Enjoy the journey. It is ridiculously unlike other WOE!
Thanks, Cici, so good to see you.

And again to all new JUDDD buds and those returning.

I am double-posting some things in the October daily chat thread, so don't feel like you must reply to each post.

I'm back on JUDDD starting yesterday, after a long time with no rotations of any kind.

The scale said 145# yesterday. Funny, as that was my original goal weight, but I am used to the 130s now and want to return Actually, I may have gone a little higher than 145# recently, but I don't weigh daily so I didn't catch it. This weight increase has been slowly creeping up, but I think it was in the last 3 weeks that I went to 145#. And seeing my last post here, I realize it was only in the last few days it's been staying at that weight and not going lower again. I can tell by how some clothes are fitting.

My goal is to get back to my range with 138# as the top number asap.

Anyway, I am doing JUDDD loosely and my way, especially since I have so little to lose, so the differences are that I am....
1) Estimating calories (I still keep a food diary, but I don't log anything into a calorie counter)
2) Not counting calories of fruit, vegetables, little bit of coconut oil, seasonings, or my "green drink" which uses some apple juice.
3) Allowing myself up to 1000 calories on DD.

My first DD yesterday went well. It was kinda hard to believe I was back on JUDDD and having a real DD after so long I liked it. And woke up to 143# on the scale. Glad to see the lower number again and I'll be working toward lower still.

So glad this is an UD though

KUTGW everyone!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 10-09-2012 at 08:48 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Yes! Embrace it!!
Don't do what I do at times and celebrate it like it's last meal I'll ever have again, but do embrace what you are allowed - eating your UD calories keeps your metabolism going after depriving it the day before on your DD.

Plus, I think the good Doc says that the bigger the calorie gap in between the two days, the better your body responds, which to me says eat as little as I can on my DD, staying at least under 500 calories, and eating as close to my UD calorie allotment as I can stand.

This is my second week back, and it's getting a little easier, but I do have the bad habit when socializing of eating too much - other than that, its getting easier
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #78

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
How are all our Newbies and Returners getting on?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I did great the first month, the losses really helped my motivation. The last two weeks I've been looking at the same number. I think now, the JUDDD Magic is helping me stay motivated. I just feel so much better, more alert and happy.

I'm not sure why the stall. Could be:

The body just needs to calibrate.
I ate some chicken, which set off my yeast infection. Must stay away from chicken.
Went to a wedding last weekend, carb count increase.
Have reached my high school set point. I want to get under that.

For now, I'm going with chicken. The yeast infection is finally cleared and my weight is near the lower range.

I feel that my metabolism is getting healed from JUDDD. Also, feel more alert and don't have memory lapses as often - you know the one, where you can see the image but can't think of the word? Drives me insane. Much improvement in this area.

Feeling the JUDDD magic!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #80

My first real bounce

I know I shouldn't be whining, because I've had tremendous results since starting JUDDD in early September. I've mostly weighed once a week, after a DD, but for the past week I've been doing high fat days on DDs and have weighed after each DD, and went down 5 pounds in a week.

Now my brain knows I can't (and shouldn't) keep losing at that rate. I had a really good DD yesterday, and was sure I'd see a loss today, but I was up a pound. No big deal, I know, especially to you pros who watch the ups and downs every day. I just couldn't believe it. How could I be up? I did so well yesterday.

I've thought it through, and I think I have a couple of good explanations, although they're not making me feel a whole lot better:

1. I had pizza (one slice) and lima beans on my last UD - more carb/starch than I usually have.

2. TOM is due within the next 4 - 5 days. This will be my 2nd TOM since starting, but last month I had a family death and was undergoing much stress and barely eating at all, and so lost during that time. Not representative of normal at all. So this is my first REAL test of what TOM will do to my weight.

I'm thinking maybe I should avoid the scale during the week before and during TOM. That's what I used to do on LC, because it made me crazy to see the number on the scale go up. Even when I know it's not a real gain and it's not fat.

How do I get past letting that number affect me?

I can see I'm getting smaller. I can feel bones and muscles that were not so long ago covered in fat. People are noticing I'm losing, and telling me my face looks much slimmer.

I need to get past this scale thing. Totally illogical. And I know it. But I can't quite get past it. Maybe I'm PMSing. Wah wah wah.

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for listening my buds.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #81

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I know I shouldn't be whining, because I've had tremendous results since starting JUDDD in early September. I've mostly weighed once a week, after a DD, but for the past week I've been doing high fat days on DDs and have weighed after each DD, and went down 5 pounds in a week.

Now my brain knows I can't (and shouldn't) keep losing at that rate. I had a really good DD yesterday, and was sure I'd see a loss today, but I was up a pound. No big deal, I know, especially to you pros who watch the ups and downs every day. I just couldn't believe it. How could I be up? I did so well yesterday.

I've thought it through, and I think I have a couple of good explanations, although they're not making me feel a whole lot better:

1. I had pizza (one slice) and lima beans on my last UD - more carb/starch than I usually have.

2. TOM is due within the next 4 - 5 days. This will be my 2nd TOM since starting, but last month I had a family death and was undergoing much stress and barely eating at all, and so lost during that time. Not representative of normal at all. So this is my first REAL test of what TOM will do to my weight.

I'm thinking maybe I should avoid the scale during the week before and during TOM. That's what I used to do on LC, because it made me crazy to see the number on the scale go up. Even when I know it's not a real gain and it's not fat.

I can see I'm getting smaller. I can feel bones and muscles that were not so long ago covered in fat. People are noticing I'm losing, and telling me my face looks much slimmer.

I need to get past this scale thing. Totally illogical. And I know it. But I can't quite get past it. Maybe I'm PMSing. Wah wah wah.

You are totally normal - we all do this to ourselves. I always feel the need to punish myself or feel worthless if the scale isn't cooperating. I agree, don't weigh before or after TOM - the scale is a big fat liar!!!! You are doing fantastic - celebrate your achievements thus far
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ArmyWife88
Stats: (HW:270.2/LW:171) SW:209.6/CW:196.1/GW:150
I'm back at JUDD once again (did it for a little bit back in the spring). After moving across the ocean, 75 days total of "vacation", road tripping from MA to KS, 30+ days in a hotel, and a failed IVF cycle I have gained 26lbs.

Today was my first DD. It's 2PM and I've had two cups of coffee with SF Pumpkin Spice creamer and a SF Jello. I also did 20 min of Zumba. Planning on keeping it under 500 cals for sure. UDs always prove to be the hardest for me. Any tips?
ArmyWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Welcome back, Christina. I'm a little confused. Is DH gone now? Or home since June? Very cute picture. You can do this and it sounds like you know what to expect. Best wishes for your success.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ArmyWife88
Stats: (HW:270.2/LW:171) SW:209.6/CW:196.1/GW:150
He came home from his second deployment in June <3 Since then we've been on a constant vacation with a move from Germany to the US thrown in. Thanks, I adore that picture and that outfit. I know what I need to do just got STICK WITH IT and do it.
ArmyWife88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post

You have had great results!

You know the scale doesn't tell the whole story. At any moment it weighs not only your actual body weight but whatever else is still traveling through it.

Because it is just a number that will change again tomorrow. The trend continues downward.

How cool is that?!

Sorry you are feeling bad. Your body may be taking a rest. You surely have read the same thing from the rest of us. Probably though in another day or two you will be all excited about a new whoosh.

Last edited by cici52; 10-12-2012 at 02:48 PM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Hello, all!
Thank you for the warm welcome back. I so appreciate the support and encouragment that is bursting from this site!

I'm not doing terrible for week 1, although not perfect either, which is the very best thing about JUDDD in my opinion: you don't HAVE to be perfect!

LoCarbGal, I totally get the obsession with the number on the scale. I think many of us would be much happier if we just threw it out! You said you feel smaller and people are noticing so try to focus on all those positives and just keep at it. I often wonder why, in my moments of frustration, I decide to throw in the towel on x,y, or z diet and eat to my heart's content... Do I really think that will improve the numbers on the scale?? Isn't that what I was unhappy about to begin with??! Craziness.
Sounds like you've made amazing progress so pat yourself on the back and enjoy the new compliments coming your way!

My week: Let the bouncing begin!

Oct. 8- 183.3 DD Finished at 595 cals
Oct. 9- 181 UD
Oct. 10- 182.4 DD (did well until before bed when I ravenously ate my way up to roughly 1000-1100 cals for the day.)
Oct. 11- 180 UD
Oct. 12- 180.8 DD (so far, so good today...)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #87

Thanks Gracie, Cici, and Mommy for your support. I'm feeling much better today. Matter of fact, I was feeling much better last night, so I wonder if it really was hormones causing my mood. Yikes, to think that a bunch of chemicals can change the way I feel so dramatically. It's a good lesson to just stay the course when that happens. I would be so mad at myself if I had (even momentarily) given up and eaten more that I should have, which is what I wanted to do yesterday morning.

I know my shortcomings with the scale. I know what I need to do. Maybe further into the journey I will be able to watch the ups and downs with calm. Just not right now.

Thanks again! Onward!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

I can SO relate to the hormonal chaos! I have about 24 hours every month when I absolutely hate my own attitude! It's ridiculous how much our hormones actually control us.

Oct. 8- 183.3 DD Finished at 595 cals
Oct. 9- 181 UD
Oct. 10- 182.4 DD (did well until before bed when I ravenously ate my way up to roughly 1000-1100 cals for the day.)
Oct. 11- 180 UD
Oct. 12- 180.8 DD (ended at 700ish cals. More than I intended, but still good.)
Oct. 13- 177.6! UD (what other WOE would give me drops like that while still letting me EAT today?! Love it!)
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, Mommy! Congrats on your drop!!
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #90

Ive been off kinda for 3 whole days. Friday was an UD, followed by MD, and then another UD again today. Tomorrow will DEF be a DD under 500. I hope this correct things. Right now I'm maintaining.

Have a good week all