Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Does it matter what we eat on DD as long as we stay within caloric range?

It's probably going to take me some time to eat HEALTHY like I'm suppose too, but right now I am making the best choices as possible..just not 100% there yet.

I'm feeling a little guilty
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #32
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
well i'm back! first up day today! it's been way to long and i've spent the last few months with everyday being a free day! and lets just say i went to the state fair of texas this week so i'm really fat right now! i'm so excited for tomorrow's down day! woot!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: September 2012
Thanks guys! I am going to just stick to normal rotation. Wednesday and yesterday ended up being MDs so I figure they wash I will definitely post back about the race! It's more of a fun run for my kids' school so I'm not worried if I have to walk some of it, which I suspect I might have to considering I've been a bit sick this week. Yeah 6 pounds, I started at 162 and was at 156 a full week later. Ah-mazing! Love JUDDD!
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #34
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iamMeekness View Post

It's probably going to take me some time to eat HEALTHY like I'm suppose too, but right now I am making the best choices as possible..just not 100% there yet.

yep! just stay within ur calories. i know some ppl drink shakes or eat prepackaged meals to be sure about cals but u can track urself and eat what sounds good to you!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
@iamMeekness, I've been listening the Dr. Lustigs podcasts on sugar. He says that calories in calories out don't apply when it comes to sugar. He says all sugars are toxic, not just HFCS. His work is really making me look at sugar differently.

"Calories from added sugars are different than calories from other foods. The liver gets overloaded with fructose and converts some of it into fat. Some of the fat ends up in the blood stream and helps generate a dangerous cholesterol called small dense LDL. These are known to lodge in blood vessels, form plaque, and are associated with heart attacks."

(9 min video) The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 2): Sickeningly Sweet - UCTV - University of California Television

I'm really finding his work fascinating, so if my zeal for his work sounds a bit nuts, just ignore me.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 161/157/140 5'7"
Start Date: September 2012
Quote:

According to the book it doesn't matter. I try to stay low carb on DDs and don't worry as much on my UDs. I have a treat every UD, whether it's a couple of cookies or a piece of cake or whatever. Keeps me motivated on my DD's Don't feel guilty, you're doing great! This is the most guilt free diet I've ever been on...it's so mentally healing for me!
thirteenblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Welcome all Newbies and Returners. Glad you've stopped lurking!

I hope you enjoy your JUDDD journey. The support on this forum is awesome and you're bound to find the advice on here that enables you to tailor a JUDDD plan that works for you.

Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #38

Thanks for chiming in everyone. I am trying to eat sensible, but right now it's hard. I do good most days. I prepared to eat soup, fruit, crackers, and drink water today. But, my can soup turned out whack, so I got one slice of pizza. I feel bad because I wanted to have a perfect day. However, I am within my caloric range, but... anyways, I don't want to stress too much about it. Sugar has ALWAYS been my enemy.

I'll take it day by day.

Last edited by Meek75; 10-05-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:

I wouldn't feel guilty about it. If you're staying in your calories, then that's the first step. You know HOW to eat healthy, and what your body needs. The challenge is just doing it. I suspect that just doing JUDDD for awhile, seeing the number on the scale getting smaller, feeling better, and getting some of those "addictions" or "obsessions" out of your system, you will automatically start gravitating toward healthy, more nourishing foods. Like you said, just give it some time!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I wouldn't feel guilty about it. If you're staying in your calories, then that's the first step. You know HOW to eat healthy, and what your body needs. The challenge is just doing it. I suspect that just doing JUDDD for awhile, seeing the number on the scale getting smaller, feeling better, and getting some of those "addictions" or "obsessions" out of your system, you will automatically start gravitating toward healthy, more nourishing foods. Like you said, just give it some time!
... and I totally agree

Thank you, .
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sugar has ALWAYS been my enemy.
I'll take it day by day.
And it's in so much of what we eat! Please don't let the video scare you though, I just find it's helpful to know what our food does to us, helps me make better choices.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #42

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tyl! Hi, so good to see you here again. You know just what to do and I know that you will do it. Bet the fair was fun though.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #43
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Tyl! Hi, so good to see you here again. You know just what to do and I know that you will do it. Bet the fair was fun though.
Hey Kissa! yep! i know the recipe to success, i thought i better get to it!

and the fair was a ton of fun! i won't mention all the deep fried goodness we had though!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
And it's in so much of what we eat! Please don't let the video scare you though, I just find it's helpful to know what our food does to us, helps me make better choices.
I agree. Thank you
Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hey guys, great to see old and new faces

I've gained several pounds back (was #143 today, but have seen #145) and so I'm thinking about boarding the old JUDDD train this coming week. I know you all will save me a seat....

I haven't been doing any particular rotation or anything for some time now, just focusing on healing my gallbladder, if it can be done. I've done almost all I can do for the poor fellow (biliary diskinesia) for the last 9 months, but I still have a thing or to I want to try until I give up and call the surgeon.

So much improvement since April I can't even tell you, but it's still a sick little organ... anyway, my diet is lower in fat now, along with an average of 6 different raw fruit and veggies per day. I'm looking and feeling so much better overall!

I can even fit into a size 6 Levi jeans, although with the recent gain they aren't very comfy, so I wanna drop some pounds again. I'm thinking I'll start back on Mon or Tues. Probably do 1000 calorie DD and not really measure the UD, but just enjoy.

I all you guys, new and old Buds. I know I don't post nearly as much, but I have good reasons for it. I try to get in on the bday and encouragement posts though when I see them. I know the rest is well handled by all the great buds on here. Wish I could post more often, but you all have it covered and then some. Again, u all.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Mssarge
Stats: 220/160/145
WOE: JUDDD and moderate carbs
Start Date: 6/1/2012
to all the newbies and returnees...I, too, don't post as often as I should on these threads, but I want to encourage all...I love the JUDDD woe and have lost over 30 pounds in four months and, believe me, if I can do it so can you...I'm in my 70's and am at my lowest weight in a couple of decades. All thanks to this great woe and the wonderful folks here in this forum...they're the best...and will help you anyway they can. If you have a question, please ask. Someone here has experienced what you are going through and is happy to share.

Thanks to all the JUDDD BUDDDs (and if anyone is holding the whoosh fairy hostage, please release her so she can help our new friends)

Set a goal; Create an action plan; Follow the plan

Plan or Avoid or Plan to Avoid

Patience and Persistence not perfection
Mssarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mssarge, your stats are fantastic!!! Isn't it great to find such an easy way to lose weight? I must admit, I lose better when I keep to whole foods, but it's so nice to be able to join the rest of the world when there's a celebration, no calling the restaurant to see if they have anything I can eat.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #48

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hey guys, great to see old and new faces

I've gained several pounds back (was #143 today, but have seen #145) and so I'm thinking about boarding the old JUDDD train this coming week. I know you all will save me a seat....

I haven't been doing any particular rotation or anything for some time now, just focusing on healing my gallbladder, if it can be done. I've done almost all I can do for the poor fellow (biliary diskinesia) for the last 9 months, but I still have a thing or to I want to try until I give up and call the surgeon.

So much improvement since April I can't even tell you, but it's still a sick little organ... anyway, my diet is lower in fat now, along with an average of 6 different raw fruit and veggies per day. I'm looking and feeling so much better overall!

I can even fit into a size 6 Levi jeans, although with the recent gain they aren't very comfy, so I wanna drop some pounds again. I'm thinking I'll start back on Mon or Tues. Probably do 1000 calorie DD and not really measure the UD, but just enjoy.

I all you guys, new and old Buds. I know I don't post nearly as much, but I have good reasons for it. I try to get in on the bday and encouragement posts though when I see them. I know the rest is well handled by all the great buds on here. Wish I could post more often, but you all have it covered and then some. Again, u all.
It's great to see you when you are able to stop by Sophie!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
So much improvement since April I can't even tell you, but it's still a sick little organ... anyway, my diet is lower in fat now, along with an average of 6 raw fruit and veggies per day. I'm looking and feeling so much better overall!
Welcome back Sophie and good to hear you're feeling better. I hope you find what works for your poor gall bladder.

Just coming here every day and reading the posts helps me to stay on the JUDDD track.

Here's to comfy jeans!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
I am officially back, even changed my stats and everything. I had started in January and lost 20 pounds, when I started taking Effexor. My weightloss sloooooowed, and I lost all the enjoyment that I got out of my food choices. Nothing ever satisfied me, and I kept eating - right back to my starting weight. I have finally weaned myself off the effexor, and restarted on October 1st. I have had 5 great JUDDD days! I feel good again!
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Tyl, Linda, Sophie. Hope I didn't miss anybody. Love to see new and returning folk. Enjoy the journey. It is ridiculously unlike other WOE!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #52

Lovely to see you back Linda, love that white cat.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
back, GardenGoddess! So glad to hear you're feeling better.

I noticed you're in Michigan, which caught my attention because I have a good friend there (Wixom, near Detroit). But I also noticed you are close to Weidman. Isn't that where that crazy new show about Dr Pol is done?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
Thank you, it's good to be back.

LowCarbGal: I am very close to Weidman. I had never heard of Dr. Pol until you mentioned him.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
I LOVE JUDD! Why i just let go before is so crazy.
I was in my car today driving and I noticed I had to big smile on my face. I know you all can relate , JUDD is so freeing. I hate the feeling when you diet and feel deprived but I dont feel that with JUDD. I just have this sense of doing something positive for myself and it feels good. I think The Good Lord sent me JUDD. MY Goal is to be the JUDD Poster Child lol I know what a dork! lol
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #56
Tyl

My first DD since being back on JUDDD! I had a big salad and a corn dog lol. I even drank well, only having tea and water today. It wasn't nearly as hard as i thought it would be (but i did work a 12 hr shift today and didn't think about eating really)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #57

Yesterday was an UD and I couldnt wait to see today. Gonna make the best of my DD because I want to see 217 this week!! .

Im making a pot of stirfry cabbage and ground beef. Yum!:-)

Have a great day, ladies.

Last edited by Meek75; 10-07-2012 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debrat3
Stats: 257/235/goal 130 5'3"
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: Oct. 12,2011/restart Oct.1,2012
Quote:
Yesterday was an UD and I couldnt wait to see today. Gonna make the best of my DD because I want to see 217 this week!! .

Im making a pot of stirfry cabbage and ground beef. Yum!:-)

Have a great day, ladies.
The cabbage and laughing cow cheese is my DD meal. I make the whole bag and eat a little and save the rest for my dinner. I figured before that its about 370 cals. I put a little chicken in mine. Very filling thats why its my fav.
Debrat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WillBeSkinnyMom
Stats: 157/138/125
Start Date: LC 6/4/12 JUDDD 7/18/12
Random question...

What do y'all consider an UUAD to be? like approx. how many calories above an UD constitutes an UUAD?

Also when does your DD become a MD? Like, would you say 800 calories is a MD? I'm not there today, I'm just curious.
WillBeSkinnyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #60

An MD is halfway between your DD and your UD. So if your DD is 400 and your UD is 1800 your MD would be 1100, or thereabouts. Equally if 1800 is your UD, and your ate over 2300 or so I guess I would call that an UUAD. Some would say lower, but I love my food.

Anyway, you get the picture. There is no hard and fast rule about either of these. They are sort of inventions. We are supposed to stick to our simple rotations of course, but..... life happens, and JUDDD is amaziningly forgiving for most of us.

Debra, I so agree about the grin that JUDDD brings. I just love this way of life.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.