Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Been JUDDDing a month or so? Check in!

I thought I'd start a thread for newbies to discuss how the first few weeks have been for you. Add thoughts, musings, etc.

For me, it's been an interesting experiment. It might turn into a Way Of Life because I like the idea of fasting and life extension and/or improving quality of life. Original motivation was Atkins and weight loss, then I found this thread, have been happy with the results of combining the two.

I love how it helps me really think about calories and nutrient dense choices. I've lost more weight on this program than any other weight loss attempts in the past. It's been pretty comfortable, knowing that I can eat anything (within my calorie limit) the next day, really reduces dietary stress on the DD's.

Regarding the rotations - I'm still struggling mentally with them. Most DD's I wake up hungry, and the UD's I don't wake up hungry. It doesn't seem logical, I think it's just knowing if I have to restrict a lot that day or not. The last week I've felt particularly ravenous on both days. UD's I tear into my meals, often eating half of my calorie limitation before noon. DD's have been a mixed bag of fasting comfortably to obsessing about food all day.

I finally ordered Johnson's book from Amazon, hope to get it by the end of the week. I expect this will give me more encouragement, just as DANDR does for Atkins.

I think perhaps I'm getting fatiqued already. Since I'm fairly close to goal, I'm thinking about adjusting my calorie limits for the sake of comfort. Some days will be over, some will be under, depending on what my body seems to demand at the time.

How are things going for you?
Luv2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jacci48
Stats: 242/226/140
WOE: Judd
Start Date: August 23rd 2012
Hi Luv, if you pardon the pun Im loving judding!! I really do think Ive found the way of eating Ive been waiting for and believe me I have tried most of them!! I started 23rd aug and have lost 11lbs but my clothes are far looser than they would normally be at this weight, all my trousers are now falling down a bit and I no longer have to faff around with zips and buttons!! I just pull my trousers up and away I go!!
People are noticing Ive lost weight which normally if Ive lost less than about 21 lbs people wouldnt notice and the absolute best thing is I have stuck to it religously and in all my 52 years I have never been able to stick to a diet this long without binging at some stage!!
As I said Im loving this judding, take care....x

Last edited by jacci48; 10-02-2012 at 12:01 PM..
jacci48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Great idea, Luv. Seems like there are a bunch of us that started around the same time. I started 9/6 and have lost 8 pounds.

I was disappointed at last weeks 1/2 pound loss, but I know my body is busy doing something else, and I'll get a whoosh at some point.

I was reflecting last night over the last 4 weeks, and realized that I have been pretty darn good keeping to the rotations. I haven't blown a DD yet, and have been pretty close to my UD calories most times. Only a couple of UDs I didn't get close due to stress. And only one MD during the month, trying to switch days for a lunch out.

I really like this WOE. I am still trying to keep my carbs down, but I wonder if they crept up this last week and slowed me down. I need to review that. I've stayed away from sugar, and only had small amounts of grain. But I have had more fruit and even starchy veggies like peas (and tonight I'm having lima beans with butter - I LOVE them and they've been off limits for SOOOO long!)

I'm pretty sure I'll stay JUDDDing through the holidays. I definitely want to be able to enjoy the seasonal foods and treats. Before starting this, I was dreading the upcoming season. I was committed to staying Low Carb through the season and was resigned to denying myself any of the treats, except for Thanksgiving day and Christmas day. I'm really excited about the season now! And to think, I may even lose during that time - WOW!

I'm getting close to an important milestone - that 250 marker. I'll be so glad to get under that number. I would love to be at 240 or less by Thanksgiving. We'll see what the JUDDD gods have in mind for me.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tooraloora
Stats: 222/150.7/139
WOE: 2003 calorie counting + ex./ 2012 Aug 25: JUDD
I have been JUDDDing for about 5 weeks... since Aug 26, and lost 11ish lbs so far... around 2 lb a week, plus first week bloat.

the good: actually losing weight! (a) because I am sticking to it.... because (b) it's doable to abstain/restrict for one day at a time, and (c) I can eat normally every other day, which lets me have a social life, and (d) no forbidden foods, so I don't have to go AWOL to eat them. No UUADs (yet?), which have been my true undoing in the past, as gain so easily.

the bad: I feel really hungry for at least half of most DDs... even though I let myself have 600 cals... I find it hard in the evenings watching BF have his snacks... and I wonder if some wakefulness in the middle of the night could be due to hunger. I take them one day at a time... and then it is an UD

I am hopeful to actually get back to my goal weight, and a closet full of nice clothes from when I was slim after my big journey from 222-132.

and I must say, everyone here is so kind, it is truly lovely, and very helpful
tooraloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Regarding the rotations - I'm still struggling mentally with them. Most DD's I wake up hungry, and the UD's I don't wake up hungry. It doesn't seem logical, I think it's just knowing if I have to restrict a lot that day or not. The last week I've felt particularly ravenous on both days. UD's I tear into my meals, often eating half of my calorie limitation before noon. DD's have been a mixed bag of fasting comfortably to obsessing about food all day.
Glad you started this thread. Have a thought about the seeming illogic of waking so hungry on DD but not on UD. I think it might have something to do with the day before. On an UD you have been eating and the digestive system is still in full gear and the next morning it is ready to get started. On the other hand, on a DD you have quieted down the system and the next morning it is not really awake until you put something into it. It might have something to do with how much and how late you eat the night before.

I have always been a big morning eater so find it difficult to make the calories of a DD last through the day. Have been toying with some ideas to accomodate the pattern but not there yet. I had a great initial loss but nothing for over two weeks now and have actually bounced up a few pounds this week for no explainable reason. Hoping it is one of those mysterious body clinging before releasing times and perserverence will pay off.

Got to say, in spite of the difficulty of DDs, I am happier with this WOE than any other and will give it until NYday to prove itself. The more I learn here, the more I am convinced it will work in the long run.

Recipe thread for Metabolism Miracle

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-step-1-a.html
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the astute observations, Cici! That does make sense about the digestion aspect.

Oh no about gaining - hopefully your body is just taking a rest. I love the visual of our body 'releasing' weight.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Wow, it's so inspiring reading about all the successes in just one month There is so much to love about JUDDD

I've also been very pleased with my health improvements - acid reflux is mostly gone, and most of all - this terrible yeast infection that I've suffered since my teens has gotten much better, almost gone, in fact. I think eating diatomatious earth has helped kick it back even more.

Isn't it very interesting about the body sculpting aspect? It seems many JUDDDer's report this phenomenon. I've noticed it too, but would have dismissed it were it not for the multitude of similar reports on this board.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Great thread, I'd love to join you. I started 8/24 this year, I've lost 9 pounds. . I started with drinking nutritional drinks on my DD, thought I'd transition to whole foods, but I must have miscalculated my Saturday calories because I've gone up the scale now instead of down. Powdered drinks were working, so I'm going back to them.

I am loving the feeling of my usually tight jeans (out of the dryer) becoming loose. .

Since I hit my 50's it's become increasingly difficult to lose weight, I'm so happy to have found this.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I have started with the DE as well..how long have you been using it for, Ive only been using it for a few days!!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stepinthyme
Stats: 289/???/190 - 5'-8"
WOE: Low Carb/Counting Calories
Start Date: Restart January 2014
What a wonderful thread!! Thank you, Luv2Eat for starting it!!

I did JUDDD for about 4 weeks in January, but fell off the wagon when we relocated halfway across the US for the 2nd time in 2 years. I restarted JUDDD September 10th. My losses/gains over the last 3 weeks have been all over the place, with a net loss of 3 pounds so far (btw, I'm 41). However, TOM is always a real humdinger for me, so I suspect that has something to do with it.

Have I felt the JUDDD Magic yet? Not yet--but I do know this plan works (when I did it this winter, I broke an 18 month stall from LC with a 10 pound loss in 4 weeks). My challenge right now is that I injured my ankle this spring, and only a few days ago have insurance to see a doctor about it. At the time I was doing JUDDD before, I was working out 6 days a week, rotating cardio and strength training. I'm now having to rely on eating habits alone to get back on track (and probably most of the way to goal), and that's not easy for me.

I have struggled with bingeing when I'm stressed, so I've made the first month of this re-start focused on reducing and ultimately eliminating bingeing and UUAD's. That's been going pretty well.

I know that I need to stay LC in order to keep my prediabetes under control, and I do feel a lot better when I keep my carbs low (30-50 or less). But what I love about JUDDD is that it's simple. And for me, keeping things simple is good...
stepinthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Jacci48, I've been using DE only about a week, it sure seems like I have less symptoms, works for me!

Step, that must be so hard to move so far in two years. At least your eating plan can be simple!

Dakini, I'm over 50 too - losing weight is even more challenging than before. There seem to be a lot of us around this age that have great success with this plan, yeah!!

I think I'm feeling the JUDDD magic this evening, usually seem to get that 'clear head' on DD's. So much better than earlier today, I was feeling so hungry, could have gnawed off a finger or something.

Last week, I tried some flavored tortilla chips which used to be my favorite food in the world. They tasted flat and unappetizing - weird, in a good way.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Luv2Eat, I've noticed certain foods just don't have the same appeal anymore, since my Atkins days, I really love bread, but recently, I could easily not eat it. It just seems like empty calories to me. Now, I'm sure the bread from my favorite bakery could still tempt me, but now, unless it's really good stuff, I don't want to eat it.

Tomorrow is my DD. I'm actually looking forward to it. It helps to know what foods I'm planning to eat, should be a nice simple eating day. (helps that it's a busy work day)

My husband has been great, he doesn't need to lose any weight, but he's doing well with me cooking every other day. It would be hard if my family didn't support me with this.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Brilliant idea Luv2eat. Like a carry on to the Newbie thread. I have just, (very late) started the October Newbie thread. I hope some of you will drop back in there sometimes to offer support.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...t15987688.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for stopping by, Kissa. You are always an encouragement. Will definately pay it forward.

Well, the up bounce previously mentioned is gone this morning. Hope for some new numbers soon.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the link, Kissa - will absolutely drop in the October newbie thread!

Yeah, Cici, on the weight loss!!
Old 10-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

At last, new numbers this morning! Two pounds below my previous low. Just knew eventually it had to happen, but sure was sick of waiting. At first didn't want to start eating (UD) for fear of regain, but it seems lots of people do bounce a bit at a new number before it locks and new weight loss continues. Might as well get it over with.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Hi everybody. It's wonderful to read your early thoughts and results. Thought I'd add that I've been here for six months and both this WOE and this board are as fabulous and interesting as they were when I started.
Thanks for joining us.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cici, two pounds, how wonderful! That's such a great feeling. Glad you're seeing results after sticking with this for a while.

Joyjoy, nice to see you!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #19

2 more pounds. Great job Cici.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
That's wonderful Cici!
For me so far, there's been a pattern where my weight has bounced back up and around a couple of pounds before dropping back down to the new low one.
It helps to spot the trend because then you won't be made to feel despondent by the numbers on the scale.

Luv2eat, if you don't wake up hungry on UDs, why not wait till you do feel hungry before you eat? Then you won't get through your cals so fast.
I learned that one the hard way, eating a "just-in-case" breakfast then finding myself short of spare calories in the evening.
On hungry-early days, I use protein and high fibre snacks that are low-cal but slow to digest - and, of course, my faithful ally the mug of real tea with skim milk.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just wanted to share another scale victory over here. This week has been a "catch up" week for me. The beginning of my week I miscalculated calories on a DD, had pizza, which raised the scale even further.

After four days of regular UD/DD, I'm back to my most recent low, 160.5, AND I was down a POUND this morning, after a UD!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Dakini, that's fabulous, WTG!! Doesn't it feel great?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: start 150 now 135 goal 125
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
WTG Dakini!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Good going Dakini! Those good rotations just can't be beat.

Thanks to everyone for sharing my joy, too. I am preparing for the probable bounce tomorrow but, gee, it would be nice if it didn't happen.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
That's wonderful Cici!
Luv2eat, if you don't wake up hungry on UDs, why not wait till you do feel hungry before you eat? Then you won't get through your cals so fast.
I learned that one the hard way, eating a "just-in-case" breakfast then finding myself short of spare calories in the evening.
On hungry-early days, I use protein and high fibre snacks that are low-cal but slow to digest - and, of course, my faithful ally the mug of real tea with skim milk.
Flossyliz, those are some great suggestions, thank you. At first, I woke up on UD's not hungry, then about the fourth week, I felt like I was starving (and I think, in a way, I literally am ). I've never lost weight this quickly ever, that's how the weight is coming off. Sorry for the confusion.

The first month of JUDDD was as hard as it was exhilarating. I'm really enjoying looking at my calorie and weight charts. The fourth week was more difficult for me, I think my body is going through an adjustment. I'm gonna plan my DD's better and eat more regularly through the day and follow Flossy's suggestion for more protein and fiber.

Enjoy reading everybody's posts!

Last edited by Luv2Eat; 10-05-2012 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
WTG Dakini!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Well done Dankini!! I have lost 11lbs since 23rd Aug but have been stuck at 231lbs for 12 days now. The fab thing is that with any other woe I would have thrown in the towel and had a good old binge but I havent been at all tempted to do that!!

Am sure I must be going to lose some weight tomorrow.....fingers crossed please!!

Take care all...x
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #28

I have everything possible crossed for you Jacci. It positively hurts they are so crossed!

Luv2eat, I am so embarrassed, I have only just looked at your details. You are a teeny, tiny, gorgeous thing! My mother was 4'11" and we always said of her "All the best things come in small packages." Another one we used was "Little and Good."

I am sure you are all of those things but I also know that every single 'nth' of a pound counts for you. So seriously well done lady.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SICCHI
Stats: 68KG/63.9/59
WOE: FAST-5
Start Date: 29/8/12
I am so happy for this post!
I found JUDDDing in mid August and tried it for a week just before I left for holidays. When I got back I really got into it 8/31. So I am also 5 weeks in and my results are somewhat mixed. I was very sick with the flu for 3 of those 5 weeks, but kept up the rotations. And I steadily lost weight, about a pound a week (I only have about 15-20 pound to lose, so its gonna be slow).

I am down about 3 pounds all up which really doesn't make my jeans feel any looser, but... I do love letting go of that feeling of guilt that I have had my whole adult life. I have never been really overweight. I'm 5.5ft and have been around 142 for years. I have spent almost 10 years, since I was 17, guilting myself about food. Everyday. It pains me to think what a waste of time that was. I never got anywhere, and put myself through all that torture for what? I even cancelled nights out because I had eaten too much that day....

I feel hopeful this WOE may be my answer. It will be slow, I can except that. But I feel free now...

Except sometimes I cheat. I get peckish on my DD's at night, and I will grab a couple of peanuts, a bite of my fiances hot chip, a slice of cheese. I do not log these thing's, and this may be holding me back. As many lifelong dieters know, self sabotage is a *****.

I will be trying to improve this, and over the weeks have found there are just some foods that trigger bag eating. Even good things like an apple. They can kill my DD. This week I discovered a lower cal MIM for about 150 cal and HEAPS of fibre. Think I will make them a staple on DD's.

It's all learning, but the fact I'm still keen on it 5 weeks in with little weight loss means it works as a WOE. I would be way too frustrated on any other diet, and would at this point, be looking for the next one.

I am happy to stay here thankyou very much
SICCHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much for all the encouragement Ladies, it really does help.

Welcome, Sicchi, glad you've joined us! Those last pounds seem to be the hardest to get rid of.

I'm 5'11", I'm hoping to see what 155 looks like this month. Not sure if I should shoot for lower or not, but 155 puts right about in the middle of normal on the BMI chart.

Jacci48, hope you see a change in the scale in the morning!

Luv2Eat, I'm with you on enjoying see the graph go down for the last couple of months. It makes me happy.