Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
3 weeks down, confused results

Hi All

Week 1 I lose 5 lbs
Week 2 - nothing but TOM was looming. Hold on I said to myself, it's TOM, you shall see a whoosh next week

Week 3 [weigh in this am] UP TWO lbs. Sigh.

I dont measure but my clothes are NOT fitting any differently

Now, to be fair, last week wasnt stellar. We had a work dinner on a DD and I went over 500 but not by too much. I also ate out 2 other times.

I also do think I need to drink more water.

My only other thing is I exercise A LOT. Burning 500-1000 calories 5 days a week and I havent been eating any extra calories [even on DD] so maybe I should eat back some? I dunno

The plan this week is to eat at home and watch my p's and q's but I could really really use some words of encouragement and a hug....

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
There are some studies that show over exercising can can weight stall and/or gain. I just read and go on so do not know sources etc.
Hang in there though. Hard as it is to watch the scale, something is happening.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Lil,
I'll pitch in my encouragement. First of all, good for you for being here for three weeks. It means you're interested in taking care of yourself and you're committed. That puts you ahead of the crowd.
I have two thoughts.
One is that maybe you're right about eating at home until you see some movement. It's just easier to know what you're eating. (I'd only do this if it didn't make a big difference to my happiness one way or another.)
The second thing is the exercise. If you love it, keep going. If you're doing it to lose weight, I might back off and see what JUDDD does without it.
I'll also add that I didn't lose any permanent weight until the second month, although I did see changes in size and shape in month one.
Lots of wonderful thoughts will be offered to you. I hope you stick around until you find what works for you here.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:06 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!

You've already been given good advice, and you appear to be thinking things through rationally, which is hard to do with dieting. I think Kristin and Adi have both touched on your exercise as a "maybe" deterrent. I agree. You should either back off a bit, or add in some calories. I wouldn't eat them ALL back, but maybe half, just so your body doesn't stay in too much of a stress response and want to hold on to everything you put in it.

I'm not the best example where exercise is concerned. I rarely do it, and am losing well. I did get the treadmill set up in the living room yesterday so I could exercise this morning, but alas, I didn't get up in time to get on it.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: deborahlh
Stats: 191/191/150
WOE: IF
Start Date: July 2014
I am having some similar concerns. New to JUDDD-been Lcing for a year now. Unfortunately I am addicted to the scale and the day after DD I am usually down a couple lbs and then I bounce right back up after UDs. I am hoping it is just a matter of patience (not my strong suit). Hopefully both of us start seeing some good results soon!
deborahlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

I wear a heart rate monitor and so maybe I will eat half of my exercise calories on DD? I will have to experiment. For this week just going to eat at home and eat carefully.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Don't stress, be more consistant, and mix things up a bit. Your body adapts. Try some different workouts, maybe lower impact, something you can enjoy and have fun with. I recently tried kickboxing, and it was such a great intense workout, but it was only a half hour circuit - SOOO Much fun! I'm trying Zumba tomorrow, and Step aerobics tonight if I can muster up the energy. Keep your body guessing, just like the JUDDD WOE does for your food intake, do the same for your workouts.

I know it's tough. I got down to 164, and then back up to 177... Life just well... happened, and I fell off the wagon. It's discouraging to see gains, but we must fight on!! ::::HUGS::::
Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladybarometer
Stats: 219/188/160
WOE: Low Carb (Less than 30 total a day)
Start Date: Always Ongoing it seems
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahlh View Post
I am having some similar concerns. New to JUDDD-been Lcing for a year now. Unfortunately I am addicted to the scale and the day after DD I am usually down a couple lbs and then I bounce right back up after UDs. I am hoping it is just a matter of patience (not my strong suit). Hopefully both of us start seeing some good results soon!
I'm actually charting my weight after each DD (TALK ABOUT OBSESSED!!) I just wanna track my weight trends this time around, and see the total losses, what hurts my losses, and what helps, etc...

My previous time around, I sometimes lost after UDs - always shocking. I think it's just a matter of letting the science of the WOE kick in.
ladybarometer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Some days I go for a 30 minute run, then attend an hour long class of body combat, or body jam and then 2 days a week I walk with a friend at my DS' soccer practice. I am actually doing all of it bc I ENJOY it. I have really gotten into the classes at my gym and have been trying to get back into running which I enjoy too.

Thx to everyone for the responses and hugs!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I agree with mixing it up, but sounds like you do that already. Drink plenty of water with some lemon and maybe a drop of liquid chlorophyll.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote