Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
October Maintenance - Fall In!

Another month and I am happy to say I am still at goal!

I counted calories each and every day in September and just added them all up, they average out to 1511 a day! I do 3 UD and 3 DD and 1 MD a week.

Dr J. site said I needed 1500 calories a day so he is so correct!

Going to be a nice fall day here in Wisconsin!

Have A Great Day All

Leona
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2012, 05:19 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Leona, yayyyyyyyy!! : SO HAPPY for you.

My goal is to be here December first, saying, yeah, no big deal, I just hovered around my goal for the last couple of months. I'm excited about it being the natural place to be, instead of something that still makes me rub my eyes and recheck.
Happy day everybody. It is a thrill, every day, to be a part of this community of beautiful people.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
Happy October!

I'm trying not to stress over the little weight I've gained the last couple weeks. I'm eating more but I'm sleeping and that's huge! I did get my dr to adjust my thyroid meds a little. I was at the high end of 'normal'. I said "why can't I try to be at the low end of normal"! I know I can and should feel better. So my hope this month is that everything will balance out and I can find that sweet spot.
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Janette, I hope the same for you.
I've been reading your posts on high fat low carb and nos sleep with interest. Doing the same hflc thing, I find myself less tired, and going to sleep later, but so far not fatigued. It does remind me that this is about so much more than weight. I really appreciate your observations.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Kristin.
Seems like there's always more to learn. The one thing that worries me is getting the cravings back.
So I could eat lc/hf, get rid of cravings but not sleep due to I really think the combo or lc and juddd put my body into a stress mode.
Or eat whatever and a little more and sleep good. I feel like part of that is just accepting and loving my body where it needs to be. I have to tell myself everyday!!
Or just go lc/hf and not juddd. For some reason I feel like that's my last resort. I have to go kicking and screaming to leave juddd!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I "may" join you all in maintenance this month. I just can't decide. I figured I'd have a plan by today, but it never materialized. I recalculated my calories and it's time to drop them again, by about 100 on UDs. My new numbers are 1915 UD and anywhere from 383 (20%) to 958 (50%). I think I'll plan on letting my body tell me what it wants and allow myself up to 950 on DDs where I'm hungry, or stay lower on days that I'm not. Another mixed up maintenance, weight loss mode period for me.

Janette, keep us posted on the meds. I'm still learning about my own thyroid issues, so I'm always interested in what's going on with others. I got my doctor to refer me to an Endo, but they haven't called yet with my appointment, so who knows what's going to happen with that. Ugh.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cactusrose63
Stats: 156/156/130 - 5'4", Age: 53
WOE: JUDDD 1900/800 or less if I can!
Start Date: JUDDD restart June 2014
Hi girls! I have decided to stay in maintenance range this month and forego any attempts at further weight loss for the time being. I have not tracked UD in a couple of months, just eating to satisfaction, with a "treat" here and there. My DD I do track and I seem to range anywhere from 550 to 850 or so, depending on my hunger level as Dawn mentioned. I like the fact that I am focusing on me, on what my body is saying, and listening to how my body feels when I eat a certain way. Over the past couple of months I have had a couple of UUUUUAAD!! And then after I thought, where did that come from because now I feel ...and what was the point of that?? Like drinking too much, but I learned a long time ago not to do that. Not sure how food is different but I like that I am doing the binge thing way less often than I have done over the past several years. Still not entirely sure what my binge trigger is...but I am listening more intently these days. Baby steps. And the bonus?? Quick recovery with JUDDD thankfully. I have never had that in my arsenal before and I am loving the forgiveness!!

Lost 3 pounds from Jan 1 2012 til April 30 2012 by "eating healthy", LC, etc...
Lost 12 pounds from May 1 2012 til September 1 2012 with JUDDD

Down and Up 10-15# every year since 2000 with VLC, semi LC and Carb Cycling
Anticipating forever success with JUDDD!!
cactusrose63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Barb and Dawn-sounds like you both have a good plan.

Looks like the motto for October is 'listen to your body'.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #9

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Lovely maintenance weigh in after an UD, 124.4.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Jumping into the maintenance pool. I would kinda like to lose a pound or two more - just so my highest bounces stay around 130. But, I suspect those pounds will go as I adjust calories.

I will try to get and post a picture of the new, improved me today.

Prepare yourselves for lots of "How does this maintenance thing work??" questions.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Woohoo!! Welcome to maintenance Nancy! You are amazing
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 AM   #12

Yay, Nancy, it will be so good to see you posting here. Can't wait to see the photos, though I still love the one of you 'dancing' next to what I think was your fridge.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:54 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Nancy, yay! And prepare to be asked questions is more like it. You're the JUDDD whisperer, for god's sake.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
...the JUDDD whisperer ...

No one has ever accused me of being the still, small voice of wisdom before....nor will it ever happen again!

But - oh wow! - maintenance! A whole new set of experiments! I am gonna have FUUUUUN!

Last edited by gotsomeold; 10-03-2012 at 11:18 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Oh, Nancy, I am so glad you are here in maintenance!

I am not kidding when I say that I feel like a kid on Christmas morning when I wake up on my UDs!!

I was never one that found DDs easy, but now even my DDs (the way I have chosen to do this) are completely stress free too!

I noticed many others have chosen to keep their DDs very low so that they can really splurge on their UD.

I was more than happy to raise mine to 900 tho, and am real happy with 1800-1900 on UD.....BUTTTTT!!!!! the neat thing issssss....I can do it that way too, if I need to or want to!! Ain't it wonderful???

You ARE going to enjoy this!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
WEll girls i have choose to come over here for a while.. I had thought about going farther but.. I am really having a hard time doing my down days the way i have since March just drinking the coffee.. So i told my DH last nite i think i will call it maintainace at least for now..His reaction was not what i expected . Basically said i am way to hard on my self and i just need to keep trying. I explained to him i will forever eat more one day than the next but, i will now start eating when hungry on a down day.. I almost felt like he watned me to lose more!! Am i just reading him wrong? Well this WOE has alwasy been just about me and my body.. and i think i need a break.. I seam to be STARVING on DD for past few weeks as my weight dropped finaly into the upper 60's.. 169.6 today.. I am kind of scared now to eat on a dd but i am goin to give it a try.. How far up the calories have you girls found you can eat with out worry that the pounds will stay? I am a little scared..
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
I am so happy that so many of you are sticking around on the forum when you reach maintenance! It is all getting more comfortable for me now that I see that I can maintain my weight loss (almost). i have never been able to do that when I stop actively trying to lose weight but I am still trying to figure out the maintenance calorie thing. I am marathon training for a race in January and it has been difficult to figure out how many calories to add in. It has also been a challenge to know when to add them. I have been slowly gaining the last few weeks and I know it's not muscle so I am trimming calories where I can. No running today and an easy run tomorrow so I can have a really low DD today and hopefully that will keep me in the 140's while I try to figure it out.
Kimberly- I am guessing that your DH is trying to be supportive. I think that when I say to my husband that I really want to lose a few pounds or not lose any more that all he ever needs to say is "That's great Barb, but just wanted to say that you look fantastic right now". I am kind of joking but really it could be that easy for him. I also agree with you Kimberly that you shouldn't be starving on DD's. I have found that when I add more to my DD's that I need to take a few from my UD's, but my UD's can be too high some days so maybe it is more that I can't have the UUAD's when my DD's aren't as low. I definitely still feel very new to all this so if anyone has any advice I would love to have some. By next year I hope this will all be so easy!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #18

So lovely to see you here Kimberley. I am sure DH is delighted with you and is just trying to say you can do anything you want because you have proved it.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #19

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Kimberly, I'd be ecstatic at your height and weight. You've done amazing things for yourself, and I think you're perfect. Plus, if you decide to go a little lower later on, there's nothing to stop you. I'm choosing to maintain this month, and will then return to WLM, but only when my mind and body decide it's time! Be gentle with yourself and enjoy who you are now.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I too, have decided to maintain in October. After the first 4 days in October of the same weight I think I need a break and I am just like Kimberly, and have been starving my last 2 DD's. I have never had a problem with DD's before so I think I will just relax and maintain for a month or two and see how it goes. Anyway, I have reached what was my oroginal goal weight. I lowered my goal a few months back. I will work on the last 5 pounds later.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Makes sense, Adi. Why stress yourself out, especially for 5 measly pounds. You look fantastic. If/when you decide to go after those last 5, your body will be rested and ready to go again.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #22

Wonderful to see our new and temporary maintainers. Where else but JUDDD?

I am nicely back in control after the 128 moment of a couple of weeks ago. Enjoying 123 to 124 most of the time. Even going to a Zumba class today.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
How is your knee doing Cindy? I am hoping that it is better now if you can go to the Zumba classes.

I also wanted to say welcome to Adi! I love seeing so many joining maintenance!
I thought when you posted your pictures that you would be here soon. You look very slim and trim! Congratulations!
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks for the welcomes. I am entering a stressful fall craft show season so maintaining is probably best for me since I will be traveling a lot on weekends. Harder to fix my own food when everything has to be in an ice chest.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Adi, we'll look forward to learning from you, as ever.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Welcome new maintainers!! So great to see you all here, I love to learn from each other as we go along this JUDDD road....

Kimberly, when I read your original post, I thought maybe your DH was saying you are too hard on yourself because you were used to only drinking the coffee on DD and now you are hungry on DD....like he was saying it's okay to be hungry, to not be so hard on yourself.

Maintenance is totally doable. I do 900 on DD and 1900ish on UD. You can see my stats. I do use the light exercise level for cals. Like you I was starved all of a sudden on DD, even at 600-700 cals!! Funny though, when I finally allowed myself more cals to do maintenance, now I eat 550-800 depending on the day, and how I feel. Then I might have more once in a while on an UD.

I think you will be happy to get into the maintenance mindset because it is even more freeing than basic WLM. I am doing this a bit longer to really enjoy my new weight, how I feel in my skin--I do feel very different and it' s fun getting used to with fall activities. I haven't been this weight in the autumn for at least 15+ years, so I am really basking in it. Then I will decide if I want to lose more in a month or two. Let yourself really enjoy your new weight and don't worry be happy!!! Hugs to you!!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks you all for the words of encouragement.. I am on a DD today..What i am courious about for all you girls is this? How many more caloires are you eating compaired to before? My normal was just 120 from coffee, and now i do plan to actualy eat dinner with my DH on a down day.. So would it fair to say, upping to 500 or 600 is goin to be safe?What are you all doing? Dawn i am thrilled you called maintaince, i think your goin to do great giving your body a rest.. also Adi.. Looking forward to you enjoying maintaince as well~ I also agree that perhaps the DH just dint know what words i needed to hear, i will talk with him tonight. I really felt like i needed his permission to say.. you look great, and your not fat any more. I guess he didnt get that memo on the right verbage huh
Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/115.5/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I read that a few are wondering about our days! I have been in Main since May 1, for one month I did not count a thing with a 3 # gain which took almost 2 months to get rid of. I now count calories each and every day!

Dr J. site said I should eat 1540 to maintain and that is about right for me it seems. For September I had 45, 330 claories which comes to 1511 a day! I had very high UD and DD - UD average was 1620 and DD average was 1400 ( that sounds wrong but I had some 700 days and then some 1600 days too ).

I just tried to even them out but could not! For me I have to count calories even if I go way over on any day!

As for the men in our life - they just are not like us at all!!! I was wearing an old pair of jeans and showed DH how they were now so big in the waist and he agreed and when i asked him how come he never says anything about it he said " why should I, you already know this?" It is like a few months back when I asked him how I looked in my jeans and white top and he said "I told you a long time ago that you look nice in that, remember?"

I just had a thought about men, seems like they all like a certain car, the color and how it runs, etc and they like it when someone says it looks nice and they get admirers, etc., next time someone mentions "his car" I will just say to him "that is the same way I feel about how I look, it is nice to get the compliment, even more then once"! Do you think that would open up their eyes or are all men like that

Leona
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
Thanks you all for the words of encouragement.. I am on a DD today..What i am courious about for all you girls is this? How many more caloires are you eating compaired to before? My normal was just 120 from coffee, and now i do plan to actualy eat dinner with my DH on a down day.. So would it fair to say, upping to 500 or 600 is goin to be safe?What are you all doing? Dawn i am thrilled you called maintaince, i think your goin to do great giving your body a rest.. also Adi.. Looking forward to you enjoying maintaince as well~ I also agree that perhaps the DH just dint know what words i needed to hear, i will talk with him tonight. I really felt like i needed his permission to say.. you look great, and your not fat any more. I guess he didnt get that memo on the right verbage huh
Well first of all I am SO impressed that anyone can do 120 cals, 220, 320 on their DD. I thought it was torture to do 500, then upped it to 600 then 700 very shortly after the first 2 weeks. Have been there ever since. Just recently upped to the bit higher level for maintenance, and no worse for the wear. I would recommend you just do the 500-600 and not worry for a couple of weeks--see how you feel. That is still 30-35% level for continued weight loss. You know we see many women on this forum even keep losing when they up their calories. See how your body responds...maybe it will like it even better!

Last edited by cactusrose63; 10-06-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Old 10-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Well the whole eating thing on a DD im like wow!!~ To not see the scale do anything differnt is weird! Who would have thought that my body could actually handle eating and not gain.. (whew).. I hopped on this am for a peak and i am at 169.6 so im pretty happy about that. Eating yummy stuff like pea soup wthe ROLLS .. I have givin into my bread addiction of late, boy have i MISS BREAD~